Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Vampire SWAT team was pretty badass. If the Nazi guy used to be human and now he's a vampire, was he created with a special process? Why couldn't the SWAT team take the Nanny's daughter and make her like them? Is it kind of a crapshoot who retains higher brain functions and who doesn't, so better not take any chances?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B.H. Facials
May 9, 2011

"Getting teased is part of growing up. It's no big deal. Just tell yourself, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but a .44 Magnum will tear that bully a new asshole!'"
I was under the impression that the longer you're a vampire you'll regain more of your former cognitive abilities as well as the ability to latch on to subway trains. I haven't read the books though so I really don't know.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

homo punching bag posted:

Vampire SWAT team was pretty badass. If the Nazi guy used to be human and now he's a vampire, was he created with a special process? Why couldn't the SWAT team take the Nanny's daughter and make her like them? Is it kind of a crapshoot who retains higher brain functions and who doesn't, so better not take any chances?

It hasn't been explained yet but I think it must be a special process. The old billionaire guy seems to know a lot about it and I'm assuming he wants to be one of the smart vampires and not the feral ones.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mu Zeta posted:

It hasn't been explained yet but I think it must be a special process. The old billionaire guy seems to know a lot about it and I'm assuming he wants to be one of the smart vampires and not the feral ones.

Oops I meant was this explained in the books or is it sort of like if you're important to the plot you become a smart zombievamp, but if you're a side character its fatal/you get killed for it.

VVV Oh yeah, doy. I wonder if 2 vamps can infect one person and get a split personality Jekyl/Hyde thing goin on. I'm guessing: maybe.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Aug 27, 2014

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Setrakian said that the Master controls all the zombies he infects, so it stands to reason that the daughter was a lost cause because she was infected by one of the Master's zombies.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

homo punching bag posted:

Oops I meant was this explained in the books or is it sort of like if you're important to the plot you become a smart zombievamp, but if you're a side character its fatal/you get killed for it.

VVV Oh yeah, doy. I wonder if 2 vamps can infect one person and get a split personality Jekyl/Hyde thing goin on. I'm guessing: maybe.

How can that be, when there is only one puppetmaster leech that grows to size? You saw them pull out that giant fuckoff worm from the pilot.

Two worms aren't going to share a host.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Drifter posted:

How can that be, when there is only one puppetmaster leech that grows to size? You saw them pull out that giant fuckoff worm from the pilot.

I thought the tongue was just that - a weird tongue to infect people. I didn't know that was some sort of alpha worm. I thought those little silver worms were multiplying in people and reshaping their insides.

Whispering Machines
Dec 27, 2005

Monsters? They look like monsters to you?
If I recall correctly (minorly, vaguely spoilerish only because I'm not gonna go into detail of where this happens unless asked), to be made into one of the smart vampires, you drink some of the blood and don't get the worms in you. A character at one point gets some of the wormless blood and experiences healing, so I'd imagine it's similar to traditional vampire stories in that they drink the blood of an elder vampire (with or without being brought to near death first) and gain their powers.

Ya know who Vampire Swat Leader Mr. Quinlan reminds me of in a way? A cenobite. The pasty skin, black eyes and weird teeth. But mostly the black eyes. I hope they keep his backstory and go into that in the later seasons, because it's kinda nuts and awesome- his mother was a slave, infected by the master while pregnant sometime during Caligula's reign. He can't infect others, and can withstand some sunlight. He was trained as a gladiator, then a soldier, and refused to join the ancients because he wanted to destroy the Master. He met a woman and her daughter and they became a family, but the Master turned them so for like 2000 years he's been hoping to kill the Master. Thank you Kindle search feature.

Apologies if this is too many spoilers, let me know if I should stop :v:

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Drifter posted:

Yeah, no. Worms infect a host and begin the conversion process. What they dragged out of Redfern was his proboscis. The proboscis being the reproductive/infecting/feeding organ, not a giant one of the worms that carry the infection itself. I think what he's asking is, if the new vampires opposed to The Master are from different stock, what'd be the outcome if multiple vampire 'strains' infect a single host. From what we've seen and been told, there's a connection between master and offspring (The Master and his offspring, in this case). What, if anything, happens to a vampire when disconnected from its hive mind?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Apoplexy posted:

Yeah, no. Worms infect a host and begin the conversion process. What they dragged out of Redfern was his proboscis. The proboscis being the reproductive/infecting/feeding organ, not a giant one of the worms that carry the infection itself. I think what he's asking is, if the new vampires opposed to The Master are from different stock, what'd be the outcome if multiple vampire 'strains' infect a single host. From what we've seen and been told, there's a connection between master and offspring (The Master and his offspring, in this case). What, if anything, happens to a vampire when disconnected from its hive mind?

I'm sure then it'd be like warring sperm. To the victor goes the host.

:black101::gizz:

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
The tongue is just a tongue, not some weird alpha worm poo poo. The worms live in the "blood" of the host and feed on whenever the host does. God, haven't you people read the books!

they're really not worth reading

Truth Quark fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Aug 27, 2014

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Friction.123 posted:

The tongue is just a tongue, not some weird alpha worm poo poo. The worms live in the "blood" of the host and feed on whenever the host does. God, haven't you people read the books!

[size=small]they're really not worth reading[/size]

Goddammit this post just came up after I downloaded the first book

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Well, this is basically a crap show with only two good charac-

STEPHEN MCHATTIE!!! :swoon:

poo poo, three good characters. And he's playing Vampio Audiswattie. I'm sure they'll ruin him next episode but gently caress, I wanna keep watching now.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I enjoy this show for the drama, writing and acting.

That is all. Go back to your homes citizens.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

VendaGoat posted:

I enjoy this show for the drama, writing and acting.

That is all. Go back to your homes citizens.

But there is a 15 minute eclipse going on and I feel the need to roam.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

B.H. Facials posted:

I was under the impression that the longer you're a vampire you'll regain more of your former cognitive abilities as well as the ability to latch on to subway trains. I haven't read the books though so I really don't know.

From watching various vampire movies this what what I assumed as well, that the vampires are only crazy hunger-monsters when first turned and then later become more cool and collected, though having not read the books I could be wrong.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Can we reboot this show from episode one to have Vampire SWAT guy as the protagonist? Because holy poo poo was he absolutely... compelling, in a disturbing sort of way. Reminded me a lot of Jaime Murray's acting from Defiance, where she tried to mimic snake movements to convey an unsettling undertone of something alien instead of just a funny-colored human.

Seriously, hats off to that actor; he pulled off a scene with loving rabbit teeth and still managed to come off as terrifying. Which should not be possible. :suspense:

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
^^^^^^^^
yes, this show needs a fan edit. The whole first season would end up about 1.5 episodes long.

Whispering Machines posted:

... Vampire Swat Leader

So he is literally Blade.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Whispering Machines posted:

Apologies if this is too many spoilers, let me know if I should stop :v:

Not as far as I'm concerned. The spoilers here along with the appearance of the vampire militia or whatever they are, are the thing keeping me going. Bring on season two.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

wormil posted:

So he is literally Blade.

SWAT Vampires are probably all caught up on their taxes.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
These Specops vampires need an acronym big time.

Wordsmiths have at it

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Xoidanor posted:

They're way beyond the point where a few witnesses could cause harm that the masters power grab already hasn't.

Basically at this point I'm expecting the Haitian Lady to go to the police, tell everything that happened :"my boss turned into a blood sucking vampire, killed her husband, tried to kill me and the kids, then that vampire SWAT dude came and killed her, but then he killed my daughter because apparently she was corrupted, I can show you to the house, it's full of corpses and signs of struggle" only to be met with a "hey lady, it's Toronto New York, weird poo poo happens all the time now gently caress off and lemme finish those donuts".

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

WitchFetish posted:

Oh yes, thank you God, bring in the SWAT vampires, this is so cool.

Wasn't really digging the show, only watching to see how it was compared to my reading of the books. Until I saw VampSWAT. Let's get this fuckin' show going! :getin:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Look out! It's the SWAMPs!

Swat Vampires! OH YEAH.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Rocksicles posted:

Wordsmiths have at it

SWAF (Special Weapons and Fangs) is all I've got

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
SVU
Special Vampires Unit
:doink:

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Rocksicles posted:

Wordsmiths have at it

Vampires Against Proboscis Injection Disease

Strigoi Against Vampires And Generic Eph

Bloodsuckers Light Allergy Defeats Effectiveness

Joachim1167
Feb 24, 2014

Rocksicles posted:

Wordsmiths have at it

Still can't think of anything better (or more appropriate) than BAMFs.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
VWAT. Bonus if pronounced in generic eastern European accent.

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

WitchFetish posted:

Basically at this point I'm expecting the Haitian Lady to go to the police, tell everything that happened :"my boss turned into a blood sucking vampire, killed her husband, tried to kill me and the kids, then that vampire SWAT dude came and killed her, but then he killed my daughter because apparently she was corrupted, I can show you to the house, it's full of corpses and signs of struggle" only to be met with a "hey lady, it's Toronto New York, weird poo poo happens all the time now gently caress off and lemme finish those donuts".

After that we cut to her going back home and telling 3 more family members who don't believe her. Each of them gets a 3 minute scene where they go home to their "sick" spouse/friend/child and get eaten. After a few more key scenes with side characters of side character family subplots, we get thirty seconds of the Master storming out of the sewers and battling vampire spec ops and we all come back to watch the next episode.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Aaron Douglas can never seem to be a break.

He went from cabbage wife to crazy vampire wife.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Avasculous posted:

After that we cut to her going back home and telling 3 more family members who don't believe her. Each of them gets a 3 minute scene where they go home to their "sick" spouse/friend/child and get eaten. After a few more key scenes with side characters of side character family subplots, we get thirty seconds of the Master storming out of the sewers and battling vampire spec ops and we all come back to watch the next episode.

I can't wait for the spanish/mexican dude's fat, clock-stealing, loser brother to have his own 8 minute arc of him jonesin' for heroin and eating pancakes.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

etalian posted:

Aaron Douglas can never seem to be a break.

He went from cabbage wife to crazy vampire wife.

If you know his real life story its even sadder (his wife died between the filming of the miniseries of BSG and the first season).

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Yeah, I was going to say that the sadder aspect of him always getting cast as characters with dead wives is... yeah.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Play what you know, I guess.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Drifter posted:

I can't wait for the spanish/mexican dude's fat, clock-stealing, loser brother to have his own 8 minute arc of him jonesin' for heroin and eating pancakes.

I would love this show forever if he actually wanted pancakes and not humans.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Me and my friends are watching this show and commenting on it like it's mystery science theater. It's got the perfect combination of what the gently caress and cheesy tropes.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
This show is entertaining as hell. Vampire kill squad was badass as gently caress. Every time the credits roll I'm just like nooooo I want more.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
The last five minutes of the show is entertaining as hell, you mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Drifter posted:

The last five minutes of the show is entertaining as hell, you mean.

It's true, but this goes for so many shows like this. Gotta get those surprising cliffhanger endings or people will be like, "this show is boring." Or maybe they will do that anyway!

But I'm actually really digging the slow pace. It's definitely picking up more and more, but I don't mind seeing 37 minutes of fairly interesting story stuff and 5 minutes of :tviv: Especially when it's always awesome. That last episode... goddamn. I don't care, this show loving owns.

• Locked thread