Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

wins32767 posted:

Ecco has done something similar to this role before as a scum role I believe. I'm trying hard to remember what game it was, but I think Somb was it in. There was a killer who couldn't talk to the scum team but they could pass him names.

I don't remember that game but I think I've played in a couple Ecco games, what was the flavor?

I really don't like that we still have a second kill each night, but I can't figure out why LM would claim out of nowhere if he's scum/3p. If he's town, scum will probably kill him.

winvirus posted:

Yuming, about the only way you can believe I'm scum is if you think there's two scumteams and one has a useless paranoid cop (or that my claim is entirely fake) (it's not). Do you believe that?

Also I'll be honest I thought I was the only assassin name submitter and that it was a binary assassin would or wouldn't thing hahaha. I bet the other submitters feeling prettyyyy unloved

I believe your paranoid cop claim even less because I think it's weird Ecco would have a player take two actions in a single night. Is that an Ecco thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

Little Mac failing to accurately name the town alignment in his PM at a first go (and with the use of quotation marks) makes me think he's probably not town.

Do you have any thought as to why he would claim?

Also, yuming etc., claiming even when your role is useless is not a good idea.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

JakeP posted:

Are you asking if I have additonal night actions outside of submitting kills to lilmac?

No, I'm saying if you flip will your ability to submit names to the assassins guild show up in it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm ok with killing mac for not accepting my choices. Jerk

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

I have some theories about LM's role, but I need some questions answered first.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Either we kill LM or you all submit the same name every night that is decided by me and only me.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Im not really into a Lil Mac lynch I don't think. He has been pretty lurky until his claim, but at this point, he is claimed, and so are the people controlling his kill. We might be able to take advantage of this.

I could easily see how someone could make the slip that Lil Mac made as town with regards to his role PM

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

merk posted:

Either we kill LM or you all submit the same name every night that is decided by me and only me.

Uh, who is confirmed town here buddy.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

wins32767 posted:

No, I'm saying if you flip will your ability to submit names to the assassins guild show up in it.

Yes but if I wasn't claimed it wouldn't be obvious what my role is

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
im a contractor

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
Pretty sure that one of the people feeding names will be scum. The Paranoid Cop claim seems too clumsy to be an Ecco role. I mean, WV is saying he can leave a name AND investigate in the same night. As play balance, I can't see Ecco doing this as it would mean there would be no such balance for n1.

Sounds like a fake claim to cover the obvious town names put forward by WV.

Definitely liking him for scum.

Also Tearshed, you want to elaborate on your vote for Opopanax?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

wins32767 posted:

Uh, who is confirmed town here buddy.

Sorry, not you. That breadcrumb is not great.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

wins32767 posted:

The posts starting with this one alternating first and second letters spell CMSN. Next post after is a defense of Rascyc calling him a her to indicate he was the princess. Same pattern for Rascyc.

Rascyc could recruit VT into a confirmed masonry, if they weren't VT the action would fail. Targets were
N0: Me (RNG)
N1: Little Mac (Failed)
N2: CPig (Both dead)

We didn't talk a ton because I was busy and then very sick.

Actually, the breadcrumb is so convoluted that it looks fake, like you made it up after the fact.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Opopanax posted:

I'm ok with killing mac for not accepting my choices. Jerk

You're a butt Opop.

kilran posted:

Pretty sure that one of the people feeding names will be scum. The Paranoid Cop claim seems too clumsy to be an Ecco role. I mean, WV is saying he can leave a name AND investigate in the same night. As play balance, I can't see Ecco doing this as it would mean there would be no such balance for n1.

Sounds like a fake claim to cover the obvious town names put forward by WV.

Definitely liking him for scum.

Also Tearshed, you want to elaborate on your vote for Opopanax?

It's gut but I agree with lynching Noted Something Awful Forums Lurker Opopanax.

Still would like to slay winvirus, more so with today's info.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
I would 100% be happy with Yuming deciding the Assassin kill

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

merk posted:

It does specifically say that the assassins can choose not to kill the target

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
I'm confident JakeP and Opopanax are town and WV is scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

kilran posted:

I'm confident JakeP and Opopanax are town and WV is scum.

why are you reasonably sure Opopanax is town?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Can we talk about how convoluted that wins breadcrumb is for a moment?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Somberbrero posted:

It's gut but I agree with lynching Noted Something Awful Forums Lurker Opopanax.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

Somberbrero posted:

why are you reasonably sure Opopanax is town?

Because I thought JakeP was town. It makes sense that one of the 3 name droppers is scum and WV is the only one with a stinky claim.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

merk posted:

Its pretty great. CMSN

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

kilran posted:

Because I thought JakeP was town. It makes sense that one of the 3 name droppers is scum and WV is the only one with a stinky claim.

But you were so convinced yesterday that I was scum

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Wins where does Rasyc mirror your breadcrumb? It only works if you both do it

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##unvote; ##vote wins

I'll be dollars to pesos that breadcrumb is 100% fake.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

quote:

Hey JakeP, what's going on?

JakeP and I are confirmed masons as you can see in my breadcrumb in the above post. Let me point it out:

quote:

Hey J[confirmed m]a[sons]keP, what's going on?

Also, I've been doing some digging and think I've figured something out:
Gordon Freeman
G[ordon Free]man????

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

merk posted:

I'm ignoring it for now. It would be a pretty brazen scum claim and I'm not happy that wins is claiming 100% confirmed town but there are much scummier people. I'm willing to re-look at this before we start re-looking at you... (I have a vague suspicion that you drew Godfather and decided to bus CE, mafia goon).

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

kilran posted:

I'm ignoring it for now. It would be a pretty brazen scum claim and I'm not happy that wins is claiming 100% confirmed town but there are much scummier people. I'm willing to re-look at this before we start re-looking at you... (I have a vague suspicion that you drew Godfather and decided to bus CE, mafia goon).

It is not brazen when the dude who can confirm it or deny it is dead.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

kilran posted:

you were pretty excited about lynching opop not too long ago and you've barely mentioned winvirus at all. I don't buy that.

^
opop

merk posted:

It's bad but I've made a lot of really bad breadcrumbs as town.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

kilran posted:

if merk was the godfather and immune to investigation then why would he need to bus a teammate for town cred?

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

Opopanax posted:

But you were so convinced yesterday that I was scum

That's true. But i did some re-reading of a few people and I got carried away with my "gotcha moment!"

In light of your claim, I think I was wrong. I can see why you would keep your head down if you can feed names to a killer.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

kilran posted:

Why would this make you think Merk is godfather? Did someone claim a town investigation on him?

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

Somberbrero posted:

if merk was the godfather and immune to investigation then why would he need to bus a teammate for town cred?

Everyone has been treating him as the towniest town? Just being a Godfather doesn't mean anything if you aren't investigated.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
...what

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
You caught me. I'm Godfather. I was the leader of a lynch on Scum d1 in hopes of drawing an n1 investigation.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

merk posted:

Actually, the breadcrumb is so convoluted that it looks fake, like you made it up after the fact.

I'm sorry you're scum.

##vote merk

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VH8sXkClonl8l7BiuJrRBbQXvMxfMC05HFxxT_IBnEI/edit?usp=sharing

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##unvote while I look at this thing.

How does that make me scum?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

ummmmmm

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

JakeP posted:

Why would this make you think Merk is godfather? Did someone claim a town investigation on him?

No?

See my earlier post.

I'm not actually calling merk a scum Godfather, it's a paranoid theory but he's still alive and there is no reason why scum wouldn't have killed him. Just consider it if he's still here late in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
lol Wins is posting that even legal?

• Locked thread