Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

oatgan posted:

All the pictures of Bryan in Super Card make him look like a dope. Subtle burial?

Probably corpsed during the photo shoots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

oatgan posted:

All the pictures of Bryan in Super Card make him look like a dope. Subtle burial?

Still better than SR Del Rio/Goldust

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Daniel Bryan posted:

Probably corpsed during the photo shoots

I guess that explains why the Ultimate Warrior cards look so funny

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I wonder how the licensing agreements work with updates and wrestlers that are no longer under contract. With the WWE 2k games it's just based on year to year active employees at the time the game is made, it sounds like Super Card is just going to keep going and receiving updates. I wonder if they will just remove Del Rio cards from the game or change them into another wrestler so people don't lose cards.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Tato posted:

I wonder how the licensing agreements work with updates and wrestlers that are no longer under contract. With the WWE 2k games it's just based on year to year active employees at the time the game is made, it sounds like Super Card is just going to keep going and receiving updates. I wonder if they will just remove Del Rio cards from the game or change them into another wrestler so people don't lose cards.

change them into Shockmaster cards

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

oatgan posted:

That's just how he actually looks.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
Which one of you is Jhon Cena?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ahahaha just got matched against a Supercard player named 'Only 9.99' with 9 losses and 99 wins.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

flashy_mcflash posted:

Ahahaha just got matched against a Supercard player named 'Only 9.99' with 9 losses and 99 wins.

You just matched against Vince McMahon.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Chinook posted:

Also, is it possible to move from Super Rare to Ultra Rare DURING the tournament somehow? Either by being right on the cusp and training those cards and bumping the meter, or some other method?

Nope!

I deliberately dropped my KoTR team from UR to SR because I'm confident I'll be able to take first or second and score a set of SR's to turn pro, which will help me climb the slog that is the game after SR. Switched out some bullshit lv25 SR for a grey and replaced my UR Brie with a level 1 SR AJ, and then proceeded to level that AJ up to about 20 or so, since she's going to get combined with my other SR AJ and become my hot new Diva.

(I think. Double-Maxed Maxed Pro of one tier seems to always be better than a maxed non-pro of the next tier, so double-max SR AJ, in theory, should be > non-pro UR Brie, I think. Or I'm about to waste a lot of time and cards)

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

So is Undisputed 3 worth picking up as a casual MMA fan?

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Sockser posted:

Nope!

I deliberately dropped my KoTR team from UR to SR because I'm confident I'll be able to take first or second and score a set of SR's to turn pro, which will help me climb the slog that is the game after SR. Switched out some bullshit lv25 SR for a grey and replaced my UR Brie with a level 1 SR AJ, and then proceeded to level that AJ up to about 20 or so, since she's going to get combined with my other SR AJ and become my hot new Diva.

(I think. Double-Maxed Maxed Pro of one tier seems to always be better than a maxed non-pro of the next tier, so double-max SR AJ, in theory, should be > non-pro UR Brie, I think. Or I'm about to waste a lot of time and cards)

You're right about the double-maxed pros. I still have a Rare pro AJ, and I'm in the epic tier. I just haven't seen a SR Diva ever. She still wins most of the time, somehow.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Yep. I've got an almost-perfect fully maxed Rare Pro AJ (one card was fully leveled, the other I got to 12 or 13 before getting impatient) and that card still whoops most of the Diva cards I see even in SR++ in Exhibition.

I just finished a SR KOTR as the runner-up, and that earned me a pair of SR HBKs who will be leveled and Pro'd in due time.

It's also really funny to find the pay-to-win dudes in Exhibition -- they'll have a UR or Epic card as their avatar, and the rest of their deck will be hot street trash. It's the UR decks with 1,000+ wins that always seem to beat me.

I'm at like 600-100 in Exhibition. I know there are some goons doing way better than that, but still. Send help.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

harperdc posted:

I'm at like 600-100 in Exhibition. I know there are some goons doing way better than that, but still. Send help.

1600 - 42 :unsmigghh:

Kill me. loving take me out back and put one in my skull.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Testekill posted:

I'd certainly say so. Career Mode is fun, Pride rules are sufficiently insane, it's a great button mash brawler.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Testekill posted:

Undisputed 3 is the most feature-complete MMA game and probably will be for some time, and I still on the whole enjoy it more than EA UFC.

However, big ol' caveat: Because of THQ's bankruptcy, none of the online features work nor will they ever again. So if you like single-player MMA or you have friends to play it with you're golden, otherwise know that you are getting a product that isn't supported anymore.

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
One question I have for the supercard game.

If you complete a collection of cards (common, for example) do you get a bonus?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Red is Dead posted:

One question I have for the supercard game.

If you complete a collection of cards (common, for example) do you get a bonus?

The satisfaction of a job well done.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Yeah, there's a limit to the amount of cards you can actually have, so completing a collection isn't likely.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Steve Vader posted:

Yeah, there's a limit to the amount of cards you can actually have, so completing a collection isn't likely.

Once you get a card in your collection it's in your catalogue forever so I'm not sure what you mean.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Ultra Rare Ambrose looks like a child

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.

Steve Vader posted:

Sory, probably my mistake, but I didnt mean it like that.

If you go to card catalog, there's a total number of cards obtained next to each card type.

I'm on 94 out of 100 for the common cards and wanted to know if anyone had got 100 and received a bonus of a SR ^ card.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Red is Dead posted:

Sory, probably my mistake, but I didnt mean it like that.

If you go to card catalog, there's a total number of cards obtained next to each card type.

I'm on 94 out of 100 for the common cards and wanted to know if anyone had got 100 and received a bonus of a SR ^ card.

I've got common and uncommon completed.

You get nothing.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sockser posted:

You get nothing.

Um excuse me

IcePhoenix posted:

The satisfaction of a job well done.

:colbert:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Won my KotR semi-final :toot:

Only a matter of time now before I get my UR pair and (hopefully) ascend to Epic tier.

Rod Munch
Jul 17, 2001

My 6 year old knows nothing about wrestling and loves the game. Everytime Big John Studd comes up, "Ha, it's Santa Claus...easy win for us"

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Sockser posted:

1600 - 42 :unsmigghh:

Kill me. loving take me out back and put one in my skull.

I'm 1620-60, though that's been going steadily down since moving to UR+ tier.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Entered an Epic tier KOTR the other day because the worst I could do was get an UR card as a consolation prize. I somehow ended up qualifying, defeating the 1 seed as an 8, and then promptly got trounced in the second round. My guaranteed Epic card ended up being:

I'm now thinking about dropping down to a UR KOTR and becoming the type of entrant that I complained about before (stacked starting five, garbage that will never be used in reserve).

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

In the SR tier. I have only 2 SR cards.

They are both 2x4s.

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

choose weaker cards in your deck, you'll drop down a rank and you can win more matches, get more cards and train your dudes.

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

interpunct posted:

I'm now thinking about dropping down to a UR KOTR and becoming the type of entrant that I complained about before (stacked starting five, garbage that will never be used in reserve).

I started a SR one running 3 pro super rares for the singles/diva slots, and commons for the tag team and bench. Seems to work great, and having to only get energy for 3 cards is definitely a plus too.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Is the IGN First feature always as lousy as it was this month? I feel like there was almost zero information about 2K15 when it was supposed to be their big thing this entire month.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Isn't that just how 2K Sports is when it comes to prerelease info? I saw a reveal trailer for NBA 2K15 that had nothing but cinematic camera angles and no real gameplay, and then stuff like this on Instagram

http://instagram.com/p/sNcdizH6lx?utm_source=partner&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=video

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

BlueArmyMan posted:

No interest in the modern games, I was just wondering about adjusting to HCTP. After hearing for so long how it's the best of the PS2 games, I wanted to get an idea what to expect from the controls.

This was on the last page but the HCTP/SvR06 era of WWE games was my favorite and I don't play Supercard, so here's a quick run down of the controls.

Standard stuff that I think is basically the same as the AKI engine:

Move with the D-Pad/Left stick (duh). Pressing triangle makes you run, in later games this costs stamina (although you can turn this off) but in HCTP I don't think that was implemented yet.
X button for strikes. Pressing a cardinal direction on the stick/pad modifies the strike. IIRC pressing neutral X repeatedly gives you a 3 hit combo in most of the Smackdown! games, and I'm fairly certain it's the same in HCTP.

New stuff:

Pressing circle does an irish whip, you can press a direction once the animation has started to change the direction.
Pressing circle plus a cardinal direction takes you into one of four lock ups, i.e circle + up for a power lockup, circle + right for a signature moves lock up, circle + down for a quick moves lock up. I've probably got the directions wrong, but you get the point. Once you're in a lockup, circle + a direction does a move, depending on the lockup you're in. So you're "up grapple" in your power lockup might be a bodyslam, but in your "quick lockup", it might be a headlock.

Doing moves builds your finisher bar, when it's full you get a finisher stored. You can store up to 5 at time, press L1 to do your first finisher, L1 + a direction to do your secondary (if done from the same situation).
Press R1 to change who you target.
L2 to counter strikes, R2 to counter grapples. Both at the same time to counter finishers.

Press square to pick up weapons, remove turnbuckle pads, set up tables etc.

SVR06 plays essentially the same as HCTP but has a way better CAW mode imo, so I prefer it. HCTP is good too though, has a good season mode and a fantastic roster.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Something a bit different

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk-0tSZBFkY

MDickie's new game is looking cool

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

They updated Supercard's KOTR mode, now inactive cards gain back 20 energy a turn rather than 6. takes a little less micromanagement during the group stage.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
At the same time, though, it rewards people who are capable of switching up after every match. If you have two groups of five cards, and the two groups are anywhere close to each other in strength, you get the best team if you switch after every match, rather than putting in one group for a few hours and then switching.

One thing this does is make energy cards basically pointless during the qualifying stage.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

simosimo posted:

That is absolutely hilarious. And it has a six sided ring too!

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

The Goog posted:

At the same time, though, it rewards people who are capable of switching up after every match. If you have two groups of five cards, and the two groups are anywhere close to each other in strength, you get the best team if you switch after every match, rather than putting in one group for a few hours and then switching.

One thing this does is make energy cards basically pointless during the qualifying stage.

Same thing I thought. My main motivation to do exhibition mode was to farm energy cards, so it takes away from that mode too, at least for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

simosimo posted:

i'm legit excited for that double-stacked ladder