Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

Booties posted:

Guys, just read the 10 minute video explaining how a piece a fruit such as an orange, grapefruit, lemon, lime, grape, banana, apple, pear, pineapple, watermelon, pomegranite..........

Once I used a binder clip to keep my phone active. I guess the magnetic field interacts with the screen. It's nice if you gotta walk away from your phone for a few minutes, but you won't be able to touch it for a while because it will be so hot.

You need one of these Personally, I use 2 and make a sandwich with it and set it next to my minifridge with the door open. I usually do that when I go to bed and it's nice and cool when I wake up in the morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

TraderStav posted:

But how do you get away from the timeout window that pops up?!

I got timed out the first time. Later that day I did it again and the binder clip registered on the screen at more than one spot so it kept making the screen freak out and move sporadically. I think that kept me from timing out. Anything that can simulate a stylus pen tip or human skin will keep the screen active.

Spacely
Mar 21, 2007

TraderStav posted:

Invariably, I will break my shield (99% TH snipes) that I received over lunch for an attack and get called away from my desk for some reason or another and get gang-raped for 250/250/1.5k.

Never break unless you can keep the screen active for a solid period of time to make it worthwhile. It's not cowering behind a shield and collecting pennies, it's not throwing your dick on the pool table and expecting to walk away unharmed.

I disagree. I break my shield 15-20+ times a day at work to do 1 attack and then turn my phone off. Sometimes I will get hit and lose 100k in resources but the majority of the time I'm gonna get th sniped. I'm up 3m+ gold today just Barching and then turning my phone off.

Odds are you will get sniped before getting raided (in my experience anyway).

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

If you're in 2poor and haven't used both attacks this war come quick, we're tied with an hour to go.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

so the goon approve method for playing this is to poopsock and not leave my phone unattended..
my note 2 accepts my headphone cord as a finger toucing it so I just lay that across and let it run.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
You can also use bluestacks and a click macro if you don't want your phone battery to get poo poo on by fukushima daiichi temperatures.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I don't know what you guys are talking about. Today for example, I barched once every 40 minutes or so over a 10 hour work day, breaking my shield ASAP every time my army was ready. I got TH sniped every time and was instantly given a new shield. This was all with almost 2 million gold and 25k+ DE. Just leave your TH undefended and you don't have to worry about shields. Obviously once in a blue moon you will lose some resources, but over the long run you make bank.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
So we just had a big storm where I live in I work for the local utility. It's our practice to have salaried folks go out into the field and monitor downed wires for public safety. I will be camping out in my car in a high end neighborhood for the next 12-15 hours boosting my barracks and farming like a mother fucker. Life is good.

:ssh: I also am getting 1.5x OT :ssh:

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Probably not going to poopsock it on bluestacks and a click macro. Internet pixels are fun and all but I'm not that hard core

Is there a way to make my troops not act retarded and ignore the stuff thats shooting them they seem to be stupid and not attack defenses.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Aug 28, 2014

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Look at the troop types in the OP. They all target different things. For example Giants go at defenses first.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Finally got out of the rut in Boom Beach. If anyone else is stuck around TH 10-15 I suggest you watch this vid for great tips:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmfw-Wvri5U

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The story mode in Star Wars Commander is actually compelling in a strange way.

Also, AT-STs are extremely good poo poo. They just need to implement some sort of actual AI that doesn't just shoot at random loving walls all the time.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

RCarr posted:

I don't know what you guys are talking about. Today for example, I barched once every 40 minutes or so over a 10 hour work day, breaking my shield ASAP every time my army was ready. I got TH sniped every time and was instantly given a new shield. This was all with almost 2 million gold and 25k+ DE. Just leave your TH undefended and you don't have to worry about shields. Obviously once in a blue moon you will lose some resources, but over the long run you make bank.

It's just luck. As soon as I get near 10k DE I get raped every time. Some days I get sniped 15 times. It's super random and you can't count on being sniped all the time.

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

I finally made it to TH10 (I think I spent 10 months in TH9, good god). That said, farming is a lot more difficult compared to when I was in TH8/9. I was currently in Gold 2, but seeing the poo poo loot in TH7/8s made me move up to Gold 1 where I'm at right now.

I still rely on Balloonian for farming, as strange as that may seem. But with the amount of elixir needed to upgrade troops/defense, I'll probably need to go back to Barch. Do you think it makes sense to use Barch for TH10 in Gold 1/2, or should I move up to Crystal?

edit: I revised my Butthole base from the OP. I'm still working on farming the third x-bow, but once I have it, it'll look something like this:

Presenting, the new and improved Butthole, for TH10.

Dancing Peasant fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Aug 28, 2014

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Dancing Peasant posted:

I finally made it to TH10 (I think I spent 10 months in TH9, good god). That said, farming is a lot more difficult compared to when I was in TH8/9. I was currently in Gold 2, but seeing the poo poo loot in TH7/8s made me move up to Gold 1 where I'm at right now.

I want to move out of TH8 because 20 more troops, 4 spells, L6 barching, the AQ, a second DE drill, etc. but man I don't want to get raided by a bunch of TH10 shitlers. building all skull walls and being patient enough to max out all defenses is making more sense by the day

Total Confusion
Oct 9, 2004

padijun posted:

I want to move out of TH8 because 20 more troops, 4 spells, L6 barching, the AQ, a second DE drill, etc. but man I don't want to get raided by a bunch of TH10 shitlers. building all skull walls and being patient enough to max out all defenses is making more sense by the day

I know. I feel like I'm going to spend forever at TH 8 with everything finished, just upgrading skull walls.

Interested to see what this means:

Supercell posted:

Fireballs aren’t the only trick the Wizard has up his sleeve... Stay tuned for Wizard event

Total Confusion fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Aug 28, 2014

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Gold and a Pager posted:

I know. I feel like I'm going to spend forever at TH 8 with everything finished, just upgrading skull walls.

That'll give you time to finish all the lab upgrades as well. There are 143 days' worth of lab upgrades, and only ~90 days' worth of building upgrades at TH8 if you have 4 builders.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

Wirth1000 posted:

The story mode in Star Wars Commander is actually compelling in a strange way.

Also, AT-STs are extremely good poo poo. They just need to implement some sort of actual AI that doesn't just shoot at random loving walls all the time.

Hover tanks are superior to ATSTs in every way.

But scout raiding is barching for this game.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
I think it's in reference to those rabbit bombs they throw now in the video.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Dancing Peasant posted:

Presenting, the new and improved Butthole, for TH10.

Am I just dumb? Where is the butthole part of this Butthole?

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Wizards are cheaper and faster to build for a limited time.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Deep Winter posted:

Wizards are cheaper and faster to build for a limited time.

Yeah buddy. I need some good wizard strats as I never use them. I figure barbs and wizards would be nice. Basically just replacing the archers for wizards. I still have 4 WBs to help move the barbs forward and then I'll throw the wiz in behind them.

xarg
Sep 17, 2008

IF A MAN DRINK LIKE THAT AND HE DONT EAT HE IS GOING TO DIE
Wizards do lots of damage. Put them behind the big angry guys and let them kill stuff.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

When does this wizardfest begin

edit: My God, they have Afros and Rabbits

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Aug 28, 2014

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

McSpankWich posted:

When does this wizardfest begin

It has

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

xarg posted:

Wizards do lots of damage. Put them behind the big angry guys and let them kill stuff.

Yeah I need giants to distract/soak. The barbs/wiz combo goes down FAST

e; Trying 15 wiz/9 giant/ 3 WB/ rest archer.

Booties fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Aug 28, 2014

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Man I knew I should have upgraded my barracks sooner. Been holding off since I just barch anyways. Hopefully this doesn't end in the next day or so.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
So I got attacked by what I'm pretty sure was a bot last night. I'd post a quick gif of it if maintenance last night didn't wipe replays :sigh:

He deployed troops along the bottom right corner of the map and did it in extremely rapid succession with the troops all evenly spaced. He dropped a row of barbs, then giants, then archers, then barbs again. That in itself is really easy to do with a macro, but there's no real point in doing it like that if you're sitting there hitting the buttons yourself.

I'm intrigued to see how profitable it is, so I wrote down his gold grab and I'll check it out in a few days to see what he makes.

Spacely
Mar 21, 2007

Secret Sweater posted:

So I got attacked by what I'm pretty sure was a bot last night. I'd post a quick gif of it if maintenance last night didn't wipe replays :sigh:

He deployed troops along the bottom right corner of the map and did it in extremely rapid succession with the troops all evenly spaced. He dropped a row of barbs, then giants, then archers, then barbs again. That in itself is really easy to do with a macro, but there's no real point in doing it like that if you're sitting there hitting the buttons yourself.

I'm intrigued to see how profitable it is, so I wrote down his gold grab and I'll check it out in a few days to see what he makes.

There's threads that have been popping up on the clash forums about this. People are seeing players with 2-3k wins in a season and they are saying the players use the same army over and over and attack at a constant interval for hours on end.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
there is foul play going on in the world of childrens' mobile games and i do not approve one bit

CADPAT
Jul 23, 2004

For the men
to my left and right!
:hist101:

Booties posted:

It's just luck. As soon as I get near 10k DE I get raped every time. Some days I get sniped 15 times. It's super random and you can't count on being sniped all the time.

I would argue that you're in too low a league, so its more worth it to steal your ressources than to get trophies. In Crystal 9/10 people just snipe TH because yay free trophies. Nobody in crystal cares for DE or Elixir (some care for gold because the gemmed and need it to upgrade walls and stuff)

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
One spot open in UGievArchers.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Six open slots in WeSpent500Dolla

tophet
Oct 28, 2003

Young Orc

McSpankWich posted:

Six open slots in WeSpent500Dolla

After destroying some garbage clan lobudget finally snapped the way the rest of us all hoped he would and cleaned up, so these six slots are reserved for only the nerdiest goons.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Putty posted:

there is foul play going on in the world of childrens' mobile games and i do not approve one bit

I can't find it in me to be annoyed at people botting in clash. They crumble against my defences and give me trophies or a shield if they spawn where my town hall is, what's not to like?

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
So, an update and a few questions:

WeBeSlanginHoes has been rolling tomato cans in wars and are up to 34-5. Also finally got a few lurker goons which feels nice. We have 11 spots open, and while the trophy limit is rather high (Because I recruit in global and kill me now) but we war a lot. I have been trying to move away from all dragon attacks in clan wars because they are boring and not very effective against reasonable TH9 bases. My level 5 loons and level 3 minions really aren't meaty enough to reliably 100% most of the bases I'm matched up with in wars (Minions will be to 4 in a few days, any of you guys have a noticeable difference between 3 and 4?) so that's more of my screwing around comp.

How well Does Dragons/Minions, Dragons/loon/minion work for you guys in clan wars? I've noticed some decent attacks with em from guys in my clan.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
1 slot in 2poor for a goon with the largest nuts

Secret Sweater fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Aug 30, 2014

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

post yer balls

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Never had a war this close :stare: