Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

Fil5000 posted:

I miss the 4 LL RS

That is exactly the Atlas I still got in my Hangar, next to my Founder Atlas, but I never bothered giving him a new loadout once Ghost Heat was introduced and I don't feel like doing the work of actually finding a good loadout for that poor little fellow right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

Drewjitsu posted:

Surely you can't be serious.

Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

pixelbaron posted:

Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish

So can I report people for 'gl&hf' ?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Feindfeuer posted:

So can I report people for 'gl&hf' ?

Is this idea:

A - Worth your time and effort
B - Likely to get you banned for some rule that doubtless exists about wasting the time of the moderating staff

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
This thread made me sad again :(. I know it's not worth asking about community warfare, so did MASC ever get implemented? I kind of checked out at the $500 gold plated mechs and never checked back in.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

Fil5000 posted:

Is this idea:

A - Worth your time and effort
B - Likely to get you banned for some rule that doubtless exists about wasting the time of the moderating staff

Yes.
YES.

TouchyMcFeely
Aug 21, 2006

High five! Hell yeah!

^^

For those gold played mechs, did they offer anything beyond being shiny? Did the gold plating have some sort of scifi mumbo jumbo better pew pew deflection or something?

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

TouchyMcFeely posted:

^^

For those gold played mechs, did they offer anything beyond being shiny? Did the gold plating have some sort of scifi mumbo jumbo better pew pew deflection or something?

to quote directly from :pgi:

mwomercs.com/clan posted:

Become a Gold Khan member. Own the most exclusive.
Extremely Rare Limited Edition Gold Skinned Clan Mech

Available only to the most ambitious of Kerensky's followers, the Khan Collections provide pilots participating in Operation Revival with the most exclusive and treasured of Clan Technologies.

So there is no explanation besides them beeing exclusive, rare, limited and you can buy them now for the cheap price of only $500

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

TouchyMcFeely posted:

^^

They are purely cosmetic.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Can we report gold mech users for "Excessively communicating" the fact they're a giant tool who paid 500$ for a skin?

Also people who say "Die well" or whatever the stupid nerd clan gibberish is.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Oxyclean posted:

Can we report gold mech users for "Excessively communicating" the fact they're a giant tool who paid 500$ for a skin?

The report button is the \ key by default. Make sure you have your reticle over the giant tool so they get reported properly.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Still have yet to find a gold mech on our team. So far the only gold mech we've run into got cored out pretty loving fast.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Oxyclean posted:

there was a dude who started every match by saying "Die. Die and rage quit," and MWO's playerbase is so tiny that I ran into him dozens of times

that guy definitely spent thousands of dollars on robbits

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
I for one appreciate the gold mechs in the way I appreciate people wearing giant election pins for dudes I oppose politically. It sends a clear message, "I am a gigantic tool who makes poor life decisions." The bonus in MWO, however, is that it makes it that much easier as a light to decide who exactly I'm going to harass like so many swarms of gnats.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

veedubfreak posted:

Still have yet to find a gold mech on our team. So far the only gold mech we've run into got cored out pretty loving fast.

I've seen a bunch, but it took me a while to recognize that they were gold mechs because they actually look orange.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I, too, thought 500 dollars only got you a gold skin. It also nets you all of the other packages they are offering. So, essentially you get every single clan mech, a gold skin, and a bunch of other bullshit like modules.

It's still loving silly to spend 500 dollars on any game.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Kazvall posted:

I, too, thought 500 dollars only got you a gold skin. It also nets you all of the other packages they are offering. So, essentially you get every single clan mech, a gold skin, and a bunch of other bullshit like modules.

It was just whatever the top bundle was + the gold skin(and part of me wants to think it didn't have the bundle included at first), from what I remember the top bundle was like 240$, so you're still paying something like 260$ for a loving cosmetic skin.

Like normally I can step back and agree with the notion of people spending their disposable income on whatever dumb poo poo makes them happy is totally fine. But 200+$ for a single lovely gold skin for a game that's not even that good is just dumb and completely deserving of an alpha to the back to remind them of what a lovely choice they have made.

Never not alpha strike gold mechs.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Initially it did not. You had to buy the gold skin and the clan pack separately.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Kazvall posted:

That was the original deal. After news sites started reporting it and the forums were frothing, they had some emergency meetings, did a PR fluff piece (I mean "interview") to talk about how great people were for buying the clan stuff, and offered to give you the $240 mech pack if you bought the $500 gold mech skin. They also started offering pick-and-choose a la carte mechs for like $60 apiece.

Rumor has it their web guys put in a lot of overtime to get this going over the holiday period. Rumor is that one of their guys had to cancel vacation travel plans despite having tickets in hand.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm glad I did not incorrectly remember PGI's bullshit. I wonder what sort of drugs they were doing that led them to believe someone would purchase the 240$ bundle + a 500$ gold mech. I wonder if anyone did. (Someone probably loving did.)

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I will never not be surprised at how dumb PGI is. Never change!

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Oxyclean posted:

I'm glad I did not incorrectly remember PGI's bullshit. I wonder what sort of drugs they were doing that led them to believe someone would purchase the 240$ bundle + a 500$ gold mech. I wonder if anyone did. (Someone probably loving did.)

And that guy that did? He's always the one you see and shoot the poo poo out of.

But yes they look orange in game it's super dumb, I didn't even know what it was originally.

I'm still a little miffed that all the color scheme options I had bought in 2012-2013 are no longer available. I only have the PC Gamer colors and options available anymore, and all my robots are green again.

Edit: my color scheme poo poo might have turned back into MC via a "mech customization refund" on February 5, is that a thing?

Paramemetic fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Aug 27, 2014

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Paramemetic posted:

And that guy that did? He's always the one you see and shoot the poo poo out of.

But yes they look orange in game it's super dumb, I didn't even know what it was originally.

I'm still a little miffed that all the color scheme options I had bought in 2012-2013 are no longer available. I only have the PC Gamer colors and options available anymore, and all my robots are green again.

Edit: my color scheme poo poo might have turned back into MC via a "mech customization refund" on February 5, is that a thing?

Yeah, shortly after beta they changed a bunch of poo poo about the customization and refunded money spent on colors and patterns.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy

Paramemetic posted:

All the real-cash clan mechs have an orange paint job by default. If you see an orange clan mech with green trim, that's not a gold mech, that's just a pubbie who hasn't changed their mech's colors. Don't get your poo poo banned by gunning down random idiots in the mistaken belief that they're piloting a gold.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Valatar posted:

All the real-cash clan mechs have an orange paint job by default. If you see an orange clan mech with green trim, that's not a gold mech, that's just a pubbie who hasn't changed their mech's colors. Don't get your poo poo banned by gunning down random idiots in the mistaken belief that they're piloting a gold.
They still dropped minimum $60 on imaginary robots. Gun away.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I dropped $60 on the original Founders package. :smith:

Granted, I do feel I probably got my money's worth back during the good times, but I still wish I had known what the future would be like.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
I generally don't shoot blues even in clan mechs at this point. There are enough idiots on the other team and it is more fun to rub salt in their wounds when you just kill them naturally. Even if you lose the match you can be there in the void going "drat dude you had $500 on that robot how did I kill you I was in a Jenner, also Hitler was a male and really loved dogs."

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I dropped $60 on the original Founders package. :smith:

Granted, I do feel I probably got my money's worth back during the good times, but I still wish I had known what the future would be like.

I think a lot of goons did as well.

Some of us (regretfully) spent more. I still tell myself the Hero Highlander was worth it for the month or so I got to wreck people in a giant vibrant pink mech.

OptimusWang
Jul 9, 2007

Fil5000 posted:

In fairness, being bad at atlasman is mostly because atlases aren't as good as the other assaults these days. I miss the 4 LL RS and the brawler atlases.

My D-DC is still setup as a trckernaught.

... and it's terrible :smith:

OptimusWang fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Aug 27, 2014

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

OptimusWang posted:

My D-DC is still setup as a trckernaught.

... and it's terrible :smith:

It would be ok because SRM's are good now, but there are a lot of Clan heavies now that carry more firepower than the Atlas with insane speed and durability.

OptimusWang
Jul 9, 2007

imperialparadox posted:

It would be ok because SRM's are good now, but there are a lot of Clan heavies now that carry more firepower than the Atlas with insane speed and durability.

I'm not talking about damage so much as the utter inability to get within brawling range on most maps.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

OptimusWang posted:

I'm not talking about damage so much as the utter inability to get within brawling range on most maps.

Clan lasers getting you or LRM's?

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004
I believe in Jesus, our one Lord and GOD to be man's savior. Let us praise him at all times.

OptimusWang posted:

Yeah, a group of us played a match last night, I was in a boomjager and we get alpine. It was 13 minutes of doing nothing while 2 sides camped on opposite mountains not really doing anything to each other.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
"Tune your loadout for the map? That sounds loving stupid, I'm Paul fart fart fart"

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

At the beginning I thought/hoped that was what they were planning with the 4 mechs you pre-selected with the old UI. You select 4 mechs and than choose the fitting one for the map... but that was probably too good of an idea to make it into MW:O.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012
Community Warfare is now promised after UI 3.0, due to be released after FASA returns to judge of the quick and the dead.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

are a joke.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Feindfeuer posted:

At the beginning I thought/hoped that was what they were planning with the 4 mechs you pre-selected with the old UI. You select 4 mechs and than choose the fitting one for the map... but that was probably too good of an idea to make it into MW:O.

They have a proposed design for this where pubbies have to fit all 12 mechs into a weight limit while a Bonus CB counter counts down and it's going to be a glorious loving trainwreck where everyone picks assault while shouting in all caps.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

sebmojo posted:

They have a proposed design for this where pubbies have to fit all 12 mechs into a weight limit while a Bonus CB counter counts down and it's going to be a glorious loving trainwreck where everyone picks assault while shouting in all caps.

Over/Under on PGI making not selecting a mech within 10 seconds of loading an actionable offense?

A more ideal solution would be to make other weight classes more appealing to drive, perhaps combined with some sort of change to assault mechs or game modes to make the assaults less appealing than a balanced team?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

sebmojo posted:

The pre-selected mechs would've to be of similar weightclass of course, otherwise you end up with a clusterfuck like that... which I hope we'll never see. So it's probably coming soon.

• Locked thread