Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

ManOfTheYear posted:

The ending dilemma in season 2 will probably the :can: argument for every video game thread for the next 30 years.

"Oh God you had to bring THAT up."

There was never once a dilemma. The last hard decision in that game was shooting the zombies or trying to pull luke out of the water.

I don't get why we have to spoil this poo poo. Stupid people need to stay away until they've finished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
I tried to meditate most of the time, or just calm folks down - Kenny was, and is straight up a divisive, dimwitted dickhead most of the time

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Roman Reigns posted:

Really, Jane is a loving monster. gently caress is wrong with you people?

based on?

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Roman Reigns posted:

Really, Jane is a loving monster. gently caress is wrong with you people?

Uhh she is. She's the 'pragmatic' choice that isn't touchy feely. I mean she's supposed to be the dumb lone wolf character that is cool and detached from the group usually competent.

TexMexFoodbaby fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Aug 28, 2014

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

FauxGateau posted:

Uhh she is. She's the 'pragmatic' choice that isn't touchy feely.

lol.

pragmatic = monster?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

JawKnee posted:

based on?

You don't think hiding a baby (which by itself can put it at risk with zombies wandering around) to provoke an already unstable man (that was already pushed that far from an engineered shouting match) into a murderous rage that will end in death is a monstrous act? Jane drew her knife out when the fight started. She knew it was only going to end one way.

And all that without touching the "leave people behind who slow you down" poo poo she does or talks about in the last episode.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

JawKnee posted:

lol.

pragmatic = monster?

Yes when you use babies in your plan like a villain you kinda are.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
It's really not that big a deal, if you wanted to have an unrewarding experience or got fooled you could side with Jane. That's ok.

I mean some people love eating raw garbage. They love rubbing the garbage all over the face and into their skin and ruffling their hair with big wet handfuls of putrid trash. To each their own, I say!

It's just that if you ever want the good ending that people don't regret getting, you can pick one of the two Kenny endings instead.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
I don't regret my Jane and turn the family away ending.

"You sure you want to do this little girl .. I mean.. what if we're dangerous?"

*Clem pulls the gun on them*

"What if I am?"

:iceburn:

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Junkfist posted:

I mean some people love eating raw garbage. They love rubbing the garbage all over the face and into their skin and ruffling their hair with big wet handfuls of putrid trash. To each their own, I say!

And some really crazy people like eating glass!

Kenny is canon.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Accordion Man posted:

Kenny is a bit nuts, but he would never hurt Clem or the baby and he straight up is willing to let them go to live in a safe community without him. He honestly cares about Clem and isn't selfishly keeping her around as a replacement for a dead loved one.

Well he didn't care enough to help Lee get my Clem back in S1E5 because he was so upset Lee hadn't unequivocally supported him at every point :colbert:

But even taking it as a given that he honestly cares about her, he will still happily overreact and create danger in his stupid attempts to protect them from danger. Pretty much every single thing that turns to poo poo in this episode is either directly due to Kenny or comes about as a side effect of Kenny's craziness and the group's unwillingness to put up with someone who is turning psycho. 'Caring' doesn't matter for poo poo if his method of caring involves the usual Kenny decision making process of being as stupid and causing as much drama as humanly possible.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

JawKnee posted:

based on?

As someone posted many pages ago regarding Jane, this is my favourite explanation of why she's messed up:
If you look at Kenny, you look at someone who is carrying on Lee's legacy and fighting for there to be a world in which Clem could grow up in with some semblance of normalcy - including the idea of having a family. He wants this so much that he's willing to walk out of Wellington as long as she and Alvie are safe. Jane on the other hand wants to take Clem all for herself, to replace the hole left in her life by her sister's death, and basically has no good intentions for Clem's future development or comfort whatsoever- she's too afraid to fall in with anyone else lest they be threatening or perceived as dangerous. Jane's idea of a safe future gets so twisted that she destroys Arvo's trust with the drugs, wilfully manipulates Kenny's fragile emotional state, etc. She says it herself: she dragged her unwilling sister through hell, and when it came down to it she couldn't MAKE the sister save herself. She tries to make Clem believe that she can survive individually too, but it's a hollow goal because it cuts her off from the conception of family or social relationships that she needs and has learned the value of through the whole game. This is her biggest and, in my playthrough, fatal, flaw.

strangemusic fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Aug 28, 2014

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

Junkfist posted:

It's just that if you ever want the good ending that people don't regret getting, you can pick one of the two Kenny endings instead.

I picked the ending where I shot Kenny through the chest. What's the other good ending?

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

team overhead smash posted:

But even taking it as a given that he honestly cares about her, he will still [spoiler]happily overreact and create danger in his stupid attempts to protect them from danger. Pretty much every single thing that turns to poo poo in this episode is either directly due to Kenny or comes about as a side effect of Kenny's craziness and the group's unwillingness to put up with someone who is turning psycho. 'Caring' doesn't matter for poo poo if his method of caring involves the usual Kenny decision making process of being as stupid and causing as much drama as humanly possible.

Oh I'd say if we're talking about "creating danger" and "causing as much drama as humanly possible" then Jane accumulated more points on both counts in 10 minutes than Kenny did in his two season run.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

gently caress Jane too, she's somehow crazier than kenny . Say what you will about how stupid kenny is, it's never in doubt he's ultimately trying to do what he think is best for the group (well, atleast clem and the baby). He's a unstable rear end in a top hat but he's at least trying to think about others. Jane is a super manipulative idiot who literally provoked and killed a man because her psudo little sister liked him as much as her. She killed someone important to clem because she was basically jealous. Did she even think about how making clem kill one of the closest people to her in the world would gently caress her up? I can't believe someone who left their sister to die had the nerve to call out Kenny on his family.

That's not even accounting of what if her dumb plan didn't work. What if a zombie ate the baby or it froze to death because it's a 1>month baby in a loving blizzard.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Aug 28, 2014

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

strangemusic posted:

As someone posted many pages ago regarding Jane, this is my favourite explanation of why she's messed up:
If you look at Kenny, you look at someone who is carrying on Lee's legacy and fighting for there to be a world in which Clem could grow up in with some semblance of normalcy - including the idea of having a family. He wants this so much that he's willing to walk out of Wellington as long as she and Alvie are safe. Jane on the other hand wants to take Clem all for herself, to replace the hole left in her life by her sister's death, and basically has no good intentions for Clem's future development or comfort whatsoever- she's too afraid to fall in with anyone else lest they be threatening or perceived as dangerous. Jane's idea of a safe future gets so twisted that she destroys Arvo's trust with the drugs, wilfully manipulates Kenny's fragile emotional state, etc. She says it herself: she dragged her unwilling sister through hell, and when it came down to it she couldn't MAKE the sister save herself. This is her biggest and, in my playthrough, fatal, flaw.

Yep, this hits the nail on the head.

Rhygezenguro
Feb 13, 2012
Kenny would kill anyone who gets in his way. Jane would kill anyone who could.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
both kenny and jane suck horribly in a group, but neither are directly threatening to clem enough to actually ditch when one of them dies. i kind of wish one of the endings was "get out of here jane, im joining this weird family ala leaving kenny for wellington

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Aug 28, 2014

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Rhygezenguro posted:

Kenny would kill anyone who gets in his way. Jane would kill anyone who could.

such as?

Kenny - beating up tied up kids because they said 'gently caress you' for the good of the group

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
I mean Commies kind of deserve it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Kenny is hot-tempered, Jane is cold and calculating. They're both dangerous and unstable in their own ways and it really comes down to how you've interacted with them throughout the game as to how you'll react to their attempts to keep you on their side.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
Kenny walking off into the sunset, presumably to fight communism in the post-apocalypse with his fists, is canon and I won't hear otherwise.

Castor Poe fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Aug 28, 2014

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Kenny - beating up the kid who tries to rob you at gunpoint that morning, later tries to rob you again, and shoots Clem.

Also Arvo is a "kid" in that he isn't an old and grizzled badass like Kenny. He could be in his 20s for all we know.

In It For The Tank fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Aug 28, 2014

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Junkfist posted:

I mean Commies kind of deserve it.

Kenny looks like a paedophile, I bet some of the people who chose kenny are also kid-diddlers

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

In It For The Tank posted:

Kenny - beating up the kid who tries to rob you at gunpoint that morning and then later tries to rob you again and shoots Clem.

Also Arvos is a "kid" in that he isn't an old and grizzled badass like Kenny. He could be in his 20s for all we know.

might wanna spoil that

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kenny is the abusive boyfriend, and you guys are the idiots who stick with him because you love him.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

Kenny - beating up the kid who tries to rob you at gunpoint that morning and then later tries to rob you again and shoots Clem.

Also Arvos is a "kid" in that he isn't an old and grizzled badass like Kenny. He could be in his 20s for all we know.

Man why didn't Mike listen to me when I told him to step aside? Kenny would've just put a bullet in that guy and we could've dined on Arvo stew...:(

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

oh yeah, arvo deserved to get shot for robbing you, did he deserve to get beaten up (pretty badly too, and lol at Kenny doing that after getting the piss beaten out of him) for literally talking back to kenny?

oh nvm its okay he might be 20

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

JawKnee posted:

oh yeah, arvo deserved to get shot for robbing you, did he deserve to get beaten up (pretty badly too, and lol at Kenny doing that after getting the piss beaten out of him) for literally talking back to kenny?

oh nvm its okay ge might be 20

he probably should have been shot in the middle of the gunfight, honestly

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Verviticus posted:

he probably should have been shot in the middle of the gunfight, honestly

yeah, that's what I was referring to

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

Junkfist posted:

Oh I'd say if we're talking about "creating danger" and "causing as much drama as humanly possible" then Jane accumulated more points on both counts in 10 minutes than Kenny did in his two season run.

Even there Kenny was partly to blame firstly by being so crazy that Jane thought she had to prove to you how crazy she was, secondly by being even crazier than Jane expected and trying to kill her based on what was presented as an accident. It was stupid as hell of Jane but Kenny isn't blameless. Every character except potentially Clem recognises that he's off the rails, hell even Kenny does if you shoot him.

I'd also point out that Jane is getting better and easier to work with as the episodes go by (forming attachments, coming back for Clem, building a relationship with Luke, deciding to work with the group, etc) while Kenny is getting worse and even crazier, becoming close to turning into a Governor or Carver style character. Jane's actions while messed up are specific to the situation and would be unlikely to happen again while Kenny's stupidity and craziness factor into every interaction he has with anyone he meets.

Kenny - beating up the kid who

That's a funny way of saying "Tries to execute in cold blood after the fighting has finished except everyone jumps in and stops him, then later starts to beat to death with his bare hands because Arvo swore at him"

team overhead smash fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Aug 28, 2014

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Turtlicious posted:

Kenny is the abusive boyfriend, and you guys are the idiots who stick with him because you love him.

Jane is an abusive girlfriend, who cuts you off from your support network so she can have you all to herself.

JawKnee posted:

No, he deserved it for leading you across a lake, where one or two of your group died, and plotting to run away and rob you again. Kenny's always right.

In It For The Tank fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Aug 28, 2014

Rhygezenguro
Feb 13, 2012
Actually I do have a question the biggest reason not to try for Wellington is that the baby only has one day's worth of food right? But both safe endings take place 9 days later. What did we feed the baby? I don't think they were mashing up whatever wildlife they could find along the way.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

thinking about it, i dont like jane or kenny much, but neither of them even seemed to think about robbing the group and loving off, leaving everyone to die horribly. mike and bonnie are the true villains and i wish there was some resolution to tell clem to just start shooting from the doorway

Rhygezenguro posted:

Actually I do have a question the biggest reason not to try for Wellington is that the baby only has one day's worth of food right? But both safe endings take place 9 days later. What did we feed the baby? I don't think they were mashing up whatever wildlife they could find along the way.

i figured they just mashed up the chili into a paste or whatever

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Rhygezenguro posted:

Jane

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

rypakal posted:

Scientists, or possibly mental health authorities, need to study this thread for the past year to investigate how anybody, ever, anywhere, at any point in the narrative, could like Kenny.

Turtlicious posted:

JawKnee posted:

Kenny looks like a paedophile, I bet some of the people who chose kenny are also kid-diddlers

I mean no, really, I understand why a person wouldn't be satisfied with their F Rankings but is it really worth it to have meltdowns like this over not knowing how to play a videogame?

It's not like TWD is loving Dark Souls or anything, it's the easiest thing to in the world to get a perfect run.

Just agree with Kenny all of the time and you too can get a 100% completionist playthrough.

Why are you guys getting so mad about this?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Jane is an abusive girlfriend, who cuts you off from your support network so she can have you all to yourself

No, he deserved it for leading you across a lake, where one or two of your group died, and plotting to run away and rob you again. Kenny's always right.
He also blatantly lied to his friends so he can kill a group with a newborn baby that let him go without robbing him blind. He was a scumbag and deserved everything Kenny did to him.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Turtlicious posted:

Really, so Jane totally didn't act like an abusive spouse by Lying and engineering a climactic showdown, ultimately requiring Clementine to choose between 'Me and him'.

'cause while Kenny was angry He at no point told Clementine that she had to choose between Jane and him.

Still have yet to hear anyone try and talk down the fact that the instant they spun out, Kenny *IMMEDIATELY* asked if Jane was okay, even though Jane just got through trying to taunt him about his loving dead wife and child.

JawKnee posted:

Due to his actions, Luke died. He was trying to lead them on a death march. He tried to kill everyone there because Jane waved a gun in his face and let him leave with his loving bag of medication. Frankly while I wouldn't have killed him, I sure as poo poo would have beaten the poo poo out of him too. He caused my friends to die. And he caused his friends to die and nobody *had* to die if he'd just gone 'well, that's one revolver gone. . .oh well'.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

Of all the things you could blame him for, you're blaming him for trying to run away from a guy who was trying to kill him constantly? The abusive boyfriend analogy is complete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey remember Season 1 when Kenny let a woman get eaten to death loudly and painfully so guys could maybe get extra loot (that you could get anyways,) and then if you didn't he'd start a huge fight with you? What a cool bro.

E: Remember when you literally revived larry and he woke up but Kenny smashed his skull in with a salt lick anyways? Then get's mad at you for having your back?

E2: Remember when Kenny straight up abandons Lee/Clem?

• Locked thread