Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

pitchers who get three shots at Baez should have an asterisk attached to their strikeout totals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

ANDRELTON SIMMONS IS A GOD HOLY gently caress

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what's the fielding equivalent of a tootblan

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Callaspo is useless

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro
Nats/Phillies games are weird. Why does this team hit the Nats starters so well?

E: I hope Revere is ok. That HBP sounded nasty

TenaciousJ fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Aug 28, 2014

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Not a fan of the Royals offense going back to being the Royals offense.

Stopgap starter is awesome compared to what you'd expect and he's in danger of losing 1-0.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

R.D. Mangles posted:

what's the fielding equivalent of a tootblan

What is a tootblan?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
Am I???
Fun Shoe

Some Numbers posted:

What is a tootblan?

Thrown Out On The Basepaths Like A Nincompoop.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I got back into baseball this season after ignoring it for like 15 years. Is the Braves owing like $75 million between BJ Upton and Dan Uggla par for the course with salaries these days or Frank Wren getting totally clowned?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

:siren:OX VS BAEZ

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I got back into baseball this season after ignoring it for like 15 years. Is the Braves owing like $75 million between BJ Upton and Dan Uggla par for the course with salaries these days or Frank Wren getting totally clowned?

most teams have some deadweight but $75MM is way more than average.

also depends what you think of pujols's and cabrera's deals.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Baez made contact, but didn't hit a dinger

I'm confused

e: that thing was a loving laser though

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

:lol: at castro just staring at a...

single?

e: hahaha the game would probably be tied if Castro wasn't pimping that single.

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Aug 28, 2014

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i think phil hughes has figured out this pitching thing

Mobius
Sep 26, 2000

R.D. Mangles posted:

:lol: at castro just staring at a...

single?

e: hahaha the game would probably be tied if Castro wasn't pimping that single.

This was really annoying me, until Rosscup came in to pitch. Now it's a moot point.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Safety squeezes aren't as cool as suicide ones, but they're still pretty cool.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Cinci music guy just played off Rosscup to Supertramp's Goodbye Stranger

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Lonnie chisenhall is having a nice year.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
This is basically how the Royals often win. The offense is not great, but they just keep putting it in play until the other team fucks it up.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Hi, this is the Chicago White Sox. Do you have a lead that we can blow today? Don't worry - we have lots of practice at this. We'd be delighted!

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
The Royals give me heart attacks. I'm feeling a lot better now though.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Oh, Castro, my friend, I hate the hustle, but you gots to run on that ball.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Jesus Christ, the Twins bullpen.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

lol the tigers

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Baez vs Chapman

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Hahaha Stache Van Smash owns Wade Miley

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
So, the White Sox have had that stupid catcher rule happen twice recently, where we tagged runners out but then they were called safe because of blocking the plate when it wasn't really blocking the plate in the traditional sense. But it's OK, because the Indians just did that to us, and we got a run from the same rule. Except that the umpires didn't call it, and when the play was reviewed, they didn't call either, so I guess you only get runs because of the blocking the plate rule if you're not the White Sox. or something whatever ffuck

Mobius
Sep 26, 2000
Two more feet, Javy... Two more feet. :(

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
Impressed with Gordon maintaining that bubble while leaping over two teammates.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Xenophon posted:

So, the White Sox have had that stupid catcher rule happen twice recently, where we tagged runners out but then they were called safe because of blocking the plate when it wasn't really blocking the plate in the traditional sense. But it's OK, because the Indians just did that to us, and we got a run from the same rule. Except that the umpires didn't call it, and when the play was reviewed, they didn't call either, so I guess you only get runs because of the blocking the plate rule if you're not the White Sox. or something whatever ffuck

I feel bad for the Sox, but I sort of want this to keep happening to them because Hawk tirades

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Xenophon posted:

I mean that should be an out every day. The rules are stupid. Really weird thing with not giving kluber a warmup pitch right there

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Xenophon posted:

I was a big supporter of the idea we needed a rule change but the one they came up with is awful.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

R.D. Mangles posted:

I feel bad for the Sox, but I sort of want this to keep happening to them because Hawk tirades

sadly (?) he was in full-on Depression Hawk Mode so he just sulks and barely calls the game at all (now he's happy because Jose Abreu keeps owning all the bones)

thompson posted:

I mean that should be an out every day. The rules are stupid. Really weird thing with not giving kluber a warmup pitch right there

yeah, what's the deal? let the man warm up

porkface posted:

I was a big supporter of the idea we needed a rule change but the one they came up with is awful.

RIGHT?

Inaction Jackson
Feb 28, 2009
The Royals are amazing, y'all.

Greg Holland is back to being absolutely filthy after finally getting some days off.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Inaction Jackson posted:

The Royals are amazing, y'all.

Greg Holland is back to being absolutely filthy after finally getting some days off.

This winter I got really drunk and started complaining to my wife. I just, like, pleading with god, "all I want to see is playoff baseball in KC before I die." I am loving psyched. I will probably actually cry if they blow this.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
Wade Davis now has as many wins as Danny Duffy.

He's probably also had more total run support.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Dodgers get 2 runners, score 3 runs.

Dbacks get 3 runners, score 0 runs.

vegeta dentata
Jun 16, 2011
How on earth do you give up a dinger to Adeiny Hechavarria?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

wrong thread

• Locked thread