Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Wooten posted:

I like to imagine another sound guy swooping in to pick up the fallen boom like a civil war soldier picking up a fallen flag.

lollin at this mental image, thanks buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

so did the black guy get away then?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

natetimm posted:

His reported last words:

"... I'm gay."

:wow:

This is loving groundbreaking materal here. This poo poo is completely unbelievable.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i found out about this by searching for friendly fire

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

To be honest I'm not sure why the COPS film crew went rushing into a building where an armed robbery was taking place where the suspect still had a gun! Sure the police actually shot the crew member but there's no reason why they should have ran into that building as part of the film crew! Also the suspect was killed as well.

Also I live a block north from this Wendy's.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I made a thread about how lovely the show COPS was and this would be an excellent finale episode

wit
Jul 26, 2011

NurhacisUrn posted:

E: This show is loving terrible.

NurhacisUrn posted:

Bad shots, bad shots,
watchu gonna dooo, watchu gonna deewwww
when they fling lead at you
Yeah girl done blew a man's head off wit an uzaaay
dem cops don't do any bettah
Bad shots, bad shots,
watchu gonna doooo, watchu gonna dewwww

This is worse though.

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax
And why do they call it friendly fire anyway? It's not friendly at all!

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
That sound guy was probably guilty of something.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
what picture did they use?

Cake Smashing Boob fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Aug 28, 2014

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
Do you think most cops carry around an illegal firearm so that if something like this happens and then all freak out and blast a guy they can plant the gun on him and at least go "WELL, HE WAS GOING FOR HIS WEAPON" and not have to worry about split decisions anymore?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

To be honest it must be cool to be a cop. Whenever you want to go on a paid vacation you just gotta find some black guy committing a crime and shoot him. Then you get to go on a paid vacation!

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Do you think most cops carry around an illegal firearm so that if something like this happens and then all freak out and blast a guy they can plant the gun on him and at least go "WELL, HE WAS GOING FOR HIS WEAPON" and not have to worry about split decisions anymore?

yes

w0ppy71
May 6, 2014
Funny thing is though, the film crew is nearly always on the scene first before the cop... stop eating those doughnuts coppers!!

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Whirlwind Jones posted:

I carry an old .38 with filed off serials to every collection for this exact reason

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

gary oldmans diary posted:

drat good television
why cant i how read this

the death forum gbs

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Phew, at first I thought someone from Cop Shoot Cop had died. That would have been tragic.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
You have the right to remain....dead!

Bondage
Jun 9, 2008

by Ralp
COPS is awesome

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Wooten posted:

I like to imagine another sound guy swooping in to pick up the fallen boom like a civil war soldier picking up a fallen flag.

Nah we hate each other, more likely to point and laugh and then grab the tape hoping it was recorded

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
HUH! Bad boys!

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

All I can think about is your wife and a horse.
We are working on some SERIOUS SHIT in here.

wit posted:

This is worse though.

RavenousScoot
Mar 22, 2013

If the crew member had a gun this wouldn've happened

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 686 days!)

Whirlwind Jones posted:

yah it's called a throwdown pistol and it's one of a police's most important tools for fighting crime

also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nli6RDAWREA&t=40s

A Long Way Down
Jul 14, 2009

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

Grimey Drawer

Personperson14 posted:

Cops is still on?

Not this week

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

BouncingBuckyBalls posted:

Guy they wanted to shoot had an airsoft gun to rob a Wendy's. How a sound mike operator gets between cops with guns drawn and a guy about to be shot is amazing.

Seriously. The crewmember had been the head sound guy for the show for seven years and was wearing a bullet proof vest. I'd be real curious to see the blocking behind this accident, and hear how it happened.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
The reason this was a one-sided shootout was because the perp had a fake gun. lol.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Miltank posted:

was he black?

nah

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
an air soft gun does not in fact function like a real gun in any meaningful way that I can think of but if thats what a policeman says then i trust them.

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
cant wait for This Very Special Episode of C.O.P.S

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Place : Detroit
Date : 4031 A.D.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bad_Cop_No_Donut/

you're gonna get mad and sad, and stuff it's normal

Stormfang1502
Jan 26, 2003

The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on.

Bondage posted:

COPS is awesome

COPS sucks.

This is how you step up your game? "The First 48" killed a 6 year old black girl. Come on COPS, get with the times and kill some bible belt white pre-schoolers.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Place : Detroit
Date : 4031 A.D.

paid leave and no wrong doing found.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I dont understand how this could happen.

Cops are such well trained individuallllahahahahhahhahahaa. Nevermind.

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 686 days!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI64HjwhRAo

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
Well, cops do react violently to being recorded so this is no surprise

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

They need to make a mascot called friendly fire.

It can visit the deceased's family and bobble bullets and everyone can laugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

now for the rest of the crewmembers

• Locked thread