Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

What is Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup?
Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup is a popular, free roguelike game focusing on tactics, balance, variety and a lasting challenge. A roguelike is generally a turn-based RPG, with an emphasis on randomly generated worlds, a high depth of play, huge menageries of monsters, and some MacGuffin you have to dig up and escape with. Most roguelikes use ASCII characters for graphics, though an increasing number utilize graphical tiles, like Crawl. Roguelikes are usually very tough to beat, and death is often permanent: once you're dead, you're dead.

Crawl is unique in its design philosophy, with a focus on eliminating a lot of the annoyances of the genre, while focusing on the strengths.

Major design goals:
  • challenging and unpredictable gameplay, with an emphasis on tactical skill
  • meaningful decisions (no no-brainer, works-every-time-with-every-character play choices)
  • grinding should be unnecessary, even discouraged
  • a simplified and elegant interface, with a helpful tutorial and mouse support for new players
Minor design goals:
  • clarity of design (playable without the need for external spoilers)
  • thematic consistency (no lightsaber-wielding orcs)
  • replayability and lasting challenge (with optional branches, multiple race/background/god choices, and optional challenges)
  • proper use of out-of-depth monsters
This culminates in an accessible roguelike with a compelling play experience, with tough but fair challenges, and the tools to win under your own steam. When you do die (and you will), the cause is usually clear (if not completely preventable), as well as how you can overcome it the next time around.

What's new in 0.15?
  • New god! Qazlal, God of Extremely Loud Elemental Destruction.
  • Ranged combat has been completely reworked, and is now comprehensible by mortal minds. (It works just like melee now.) A set of new ranged weapons have been added to round things out.
  • Inventory weight limits: gone.
  • Item destruction: gone.
  • Permanent equipment corrosion: gone. (Replaced by a temporary corrosion effect that's much more dangerous!)
  • Also, many spells were reworked, many bad monsters were removed, new monsters, new unrands, and probably more things I’ve forgotten!

Screenshots!
WebTiles (on CSZO):

ASCII (again on CSZO):

Android Tiles! (yes, there's an official Android tiles version now)

How do I play Crawl?
You can download the offline builds here. The offline versions of Crawl are available in ASCII and graphical tiles formats for Windows, Mac OS X, Debian/Ubuntu, and there is also a (new!) official Android Tiles port. The development builds (Android port is located here) can also be downloaded which allow you to play the most recent experimental beta releases and test out the new additions being considered for the next stable release.

However, one of Crawl's biggest selling points is the ability to play online through various methods - read on!

Why and how to play online
If you use either an SSH client or the WebTiles interface, you can connect to one of the Crawl servers and play along with dozens of other people, or watch those who are playing. Here are some of the perks of online play:
  • People can spectate as you play, and with WebTiles' integrated chat window, spectators can now talk amongst themselves as well as with the game player
  • Your game saves and play statistics are tracked centrally and are available from any computer
  • Every game you play is recorded by the server, and can be replayed in whole or in part, or otherwise examined for later analysis, bragging, and mockery
  • You get to meet and fight the ghosts of other players, rather than just your own
  • You can play in the annual and version-release tournaments
Purists can play or spectate via console (see sections 'The Servers' and 'The Software'), while for those who like the graphical interface, various servers offer WebTiles functionality - a web interface which mimicks the offline Tiles build, and even has an integrated chat window for the player and spectators to talk in.

Places to play Crawl online
CAO: crawl.akrasiac.org - long-serving Crawl server located in Tucson, Arizona. Offers console and WebTiles. The website which tracks player wins and statistics is now back online at crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring
CDO: crawl.develz.org - Germany-based server for the Europeans among us, supports console only.
CSZO: crawl.s-z.org - Pennsylvania-based server, supports console and WebTiles as well as cross-interface spectating and chat. The most popular server among online players at present.
CLAN: European (German) server - MAINTAINED BY GOON TZer0 (Give him props, he rules.)

If you play online, you can see information about your games at http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/players/<yourname>.html - e.g. http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/players/zermako.html . It's neat!

:siren: There are a couple of new servers! :siren:
CBRO: crawl.beRotato.org Georgia, US.
CKR: kr.dobrazupa.org Korea. Webtiles-only.

This game is very hard. Where can I get help?
In keeping with roguelike tradition, Crawl is indeed an excruciatingly difficult game at times. Fortunately, there are many resources available to assist you (some considerably more reliable than others!):

##crawl - the official Dungeon Crawl IRC channel. Has a pair of bots (Sequell and Cheiabrios) that can be queried for up-to-date info on monsters & other crawl info.
##gooncrawl - the SA Crawl IRC channel.
LearnDB - a searchable repository of Crawl lore. Almost always up to date & accurate, but sometimes its terseness does it no favors.
The Tavern - the official Dungeon Crawl forum. Not a very good place to go for help, but still better than...
CrawlWiki - community-maintained, notoriously out-of-date and of highly variable quality. Do not assume anything you read here is true or that any advice is sound.

Beyond learning the basic mechanics of the game, probably the best way to improve is to talk about and play the game online. Online play allows other people to give you pointers on mistakes you may be making without realising, and there are usually friendly goons around in IRC who will be happy to advise you.

You can also check out the LP thread, which has writeups of completed games (won & lost) to learn from.

Threads from previous versions

Crawl 0.14: You feel energized by your suffering!
Crawl 0.13: FoIE GrAs: You are engorged.
Crawl 0.12 Erolcha banished me and gave me apocalypse crabs
Crawl 0.11 Eight legs and it's not an Octopode: Welcome to Spider
Crawl 0.10: Your tentacles turn into razor-sharp scythe blades
Crawl 0.9: A meow rips itself from your throat
Crawl 0.8: Mennas II Society
Crawl 0.7: The Dying Game
Crawl 0.6: Slouching towards The Abyss
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup 0.5.0: Now with less Oklob!
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup 0.4.0
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup 0.3.0

PleasingFungus fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Sep 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

We hardly had time to come up with dumb thread names at all!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
What the hell circumstance results in that message? Is that just something pan lords can generate with?

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Aug 28, 2014

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Reposting from the last thread because I'm vain and want to share Xom joy;

quote:

Xom thought this was hilarious! :buddy:

http://crawl.akrasiac.org/rawdata/InternetKraken/morgue-InternetKraken-20140828-040624.txt

Didn't think I would 15 rune with Xom but I felt inspired. A bunch of melee mutations combined with statue force turns you into a wrecking ball. Xom was really nice with mutations and mostly gave me good ones throughout the game. He was surprisingly helpful. I mean he did try to kill me a few times by warping me on Zot:5 or putting me next to Asmodeus while at half health, but he could of been a lot more cruel. I spent the entirety of Tomb trembling with fear of him warping me or performing the dreaded stair swap, but he decided to just annoy me by summoning lots of imps to "help".

I'd never played with Xom before so I always was under the impression that he was a lot more dangerous. He's seems only liable to instakill you in the early game by summoning something bullshit like a Hellion though. Once you get your character running he's more of a nuisance. A nuisance that occasionally makes your day with a great gift or scares the poo poo out of you by pushing you into a horde of monsters. Good times! :shepface:

By the way, whoever decided that Ancient Liches should be able to spawn in Tomb is a huge jerk.

cheetah7071 posted:

What the hell circumstance results in that message? Is that just somethign pan lord can generate with?

I think its from the torpor snail description.

VVV Though despite having poisonous corpses, they are not immune to poison. So feel free to stick them full of needles.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Aug 28, 2014

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I want everyone to know that the worst thing about death yaks is that they have poison corpses so you can't even eat them after they've finished kicking the poo poo out of you unless you have rPois.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

kaschei posted:

We hardly had time to come up with dumb thread names at all!

It's hosed up as hell, and I apologize. I felt rushed by the early release! (Arguably this makes no sense.)

Internet Kraken posted:

I think its from the torpor snail description.

Yep!

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
Alright, so! I've been doing decent with this character so far, and I'd like to know what I should be doing better. Skills I should be training (currently I'm doing Conjurations and Evocations), spells I should be memorizing or forgetting, items I should dump, etc. (I also left a Young Poisoner's Handbook, Book of Ice, Maledictions, and Burglary lying around, to give an idea of of what spells're available to me. Plus there're a book of Air, Hindrances, Warp, and Grand Grimorie I can save for in the book store I found.) Also, where I should go next now that I've cleared Orc and Lair.

...Yeah, I've been whacking things with the long sword without any skill in Long Blades. I probably should stop that, even if most things were only tickling me. Also, contamination is bad, I guess, but its abilities just looked so good. I'll just have to eat it whenever I find a better weapon. And I'm kinda regeretting wear IDing that amulet of faith. When should I rip off the bandage and take it off? When I find a better amulet?

Kaja Rainbow fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Aug 28, 2014

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Speaking of terrible names I need a better one for the abyss-lovers' tournament team, currently "Wish You Were Here." Other ideas of mine (and so probably bad):
- Schadenfreude the Abyss
- Abysmal Performers
- Schadenfuck the Abyss
- Lurking Horrors
- Infinite Players of the Abyss
- some other stuff I'll edit in and pretend was my idea to look cleverer and accuse other people of stealing

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Rollcall for my tournament team, Mutaholics Anonymous.

code:
# TEAMCAPTAIN Haifisch
^This goes into team members' 0.15 RC file. Make sure it's the very first line!

code:
# TEAMMEMBERS ...
1: Tarezax
2: gunofdis
3: legoman727
4: SirSamVimes
5: Monsoon
Post ASAP to let me know you're still alive and paying attention to crawl-type things. If you don't post by Sept 4, you're booted off and some other lucky soul(s) can get in. Many will enter, few will win. See store for details.

(Tournament teams finalize mid-day Sept 6, hence the cutoff. The tournament itself starts tomorrow afternoon. :derp:)

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

kaschei posted:

Speaking of terrible names I need a better one for the abyss-lovers' tournament team, currently "Wish You Were Here." Other ideas of mine (and so probably bad):
- Abysmal Performers
- Schadenfuck the Abyss
- Lurking Horrors
- some other stuff I'll edit in and pretend was my idea to look cleverer and accuse other people of stealing

Infinite Players of the Abyss is the best of those. Abysmal Performers is runner-up

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

kaschei posted:

- Abysmal Performers
- Schadenfuck the Abyss
- Lurking Horrors

Lucy in the sky with Distortion?

MR checks you can't cash? (kashei?)

The Ed Harris fan club?

Jefferson Starspawn?

Zyme of the Ancient Mariner?

UncertainKitten
Oct 10, 2012
LP thread link in the OP is the first thread. The new thread is here.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

nucleicmaxid posted:

Lucy in the sky with Distortion?
Louise/Psyche in the sky with Distortion :colbert:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Louise/Psyche in the sky with Distortion :colbert:

Lucy is Lugonou's nickname.
:colbert:

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004
I no longer believe in the greater purpose.

nucleicmaxid posted:

Jefferson Starspawn?

Zyme of the Ancient Mariner?

These pleased me more than they should have.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

UncertainKitten posted:

LP thread link in the OP is the first thread. The new thread is here.

Fixed, thanks!

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
So since 0.14, I've been noticing a thing: I either have to really fight through the mid-game (a good thing) and squeak by and win maybe 30/70, or I just blaze through the midgame because I found some early enough bolt + OoD/weapon of killing everything/unreal ring of slaying and I just collect an almost certain win (probably not a good thing).

I feel like since the change to 15 floor main dungeon from 27, it really feels like the power of those items and spells and circumstances that obliterate the mid-game are exaggerated a great deal. Maybe it's just because what I at least mentally classify as 'mid game' is significantly shorter now and it's not so much that they are being exaggerated, but more that the realize their potential much more rapidly inside a smaller window.

Either way, I dunno if it's better or worse, but it does feel significantly different. The end result is that my win rate is actually almost completely unchanged, so take that for what it's worth.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Should have gone with Crawl 0.15: Improving your Quality-of-Death Experience

Oh well. Also hi, alive for my team. (Logic, Kekekela, we'll get the band back together for .16, I promise)

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
As this Minotaur right here:
code:
 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.15.0 (webtiles) character file.

WorldFamousW the Cruncher (Minotaur Hunter)        Turns: 32157, Time: 06:46:04

HP 157/157       AC 30     Str 25      XL: 16   Next: 34%
MP  25/25        EV 18     Int  7      God: Okawaru [*****.]
Gold 126         SH  0     Dex 20      Spells:  0 memorised, 15 levels left

rFire  . . .     SeeInvis .     a - +3 arbalest (flame)
rCold  . . .     Clarity  +     y - +7 chain mail "Aroyfa Lupul" {Dex+2 Curse}
rNeg   . . .     rCorr    .     (no shield)
rPois  .         rRot     .     K - +2 hat
rElec  .         Spirit   .     x - +1 cloak {+Inv}
SustAb .         Warding  .     n - +1 pair of gloves
rMut   .         Rnd*Tele +     D - +2 pair of boots of the Assassin {Stlth++}
Gourm  .                        T - amulet of Perfectionism {Clar Dex+3}
MR     +....                    v - +4 ring of strength
                                U - +3 ring of evasion

@: somewhat resistant to hostile enchantments, very unstealthy
A: retaliatory headbutt, horns 2, robust 1, teleportitis 1
a: Heroism, Finesse, Renounce Religion, Evoke Invisibility
should I go through this:
code:
Portals:
Trove: D:12 (give wand of hasting (8))
I got the wand, but I am not planning on going into magic at all so I have no guarantee that I'll get another source of haste soon. I also burned an acquirement scroll for that wand.

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Aug 28, 2014

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Definitely hold on to the wand if you're not planning on getting spells castable. At the very least use a charge, but I would hold on to the wand until you found a duplicate...and possibly a scroll of recharging. If you've seen the wand it is half as likely for acquirement to give another.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

kaschei posted:

Definitely hold on to the wand if you're not planning on getting spells castable. At the very least use a charge, but I would hold on to the wand until you found a duplicate...and possibly a scroll of recharging. If you've seen the wand it is half as likely for acquirement to give another.
drat, I thought that would be the smart thing to do. This is the first trove that I actually have the item to go through too.

I will be wise and wait though. Really, really want to ascend again finally.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I mean, I would totally redeem that for a MYSTERY BOX (ANYTHING could be in there!!), but I'm convinced that that is a poor trade on average.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Nice duplicate amulet of Clarity :smug:

Oh wait it was amulet of the Four Winds on a non-casting minotaur, along with {EV+6 Slay+5} ring? I guess technically you may have won this round of Trove Lottery. I hope you "learn your lesson" and dive the abyss at XL13 next time a D:9 trove asks for the abyssal rune.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The secret to treasure troves is there is never anything good inside them.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
As you can probably guess, I lied. Rewards were alot of jewelery:
code:
m - an uncursed amulet of clarity
 o - a ring of positive energy
 p - the amulet of the Four Winds {Clar rN+ MR+++}
 t - the ring "Megipig" {EV+6 Slay+5}
 u - a +2 ring of intelligence
 w - a +3 ring of intelligence
 z - an uncursed ring of invisibility
 B - an uncursed ring of fire
 F - the ring of Darkness {+/*Tele Slay+4}
 I - an uncursed amulet of stasis
 L - a ring of fire
 M - the amulet of the Unkillable {+Rage Dex-2}
 N - an uncursed ring of see invisible
 O - a +6 ring of slaying
 W - an uncursed amulet of faith

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Aug 28, 2014

Miracon
Jan 1, 2010

Miracon, in the last thread, posted:

As of clearing Orc, I have 7 AC 22 EV and 21 SH, and I'm wearing an amulet of guardian spirit with 3 rings of magical power, one of which is the ring of Qazlal's Wrath {rF+ rC++ MP+9 Dex+1}. I'm looking forward to finding out what can monster can punch through through defenses and 103 HP + 53 MP.

I found the answer, and it turns out it's loving nothing can! And somehow I got the high score for the whole octopode species out of it! :shepface:

http://dobrazupa.org/morgue/magicpoints/morgue-magicpoints-20140828-070222.txt

code:
37179957 magicpoints the Petrodigitator (level 27, 201/201 HPs)
             Began as an Octopode Assassin on Aug 26, 2014.
             Was the Champion of Cheibriados.
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 15 runes on Aug 28, 2014!

The game lasted 10:25:53 (39341 turns).
Statue form UC and Chei together will apparently murder murder murder almost anything you fight. I was only in real danger 4 times in the run: Spider:5 where ghost moths will wreck you by themselves without rPois or sInv, Vaults:5 and its tsunami of danger from all sides, Geh:7 where Asmodeus and his entourage bring torment and lots and lots of hellfire, and Zot:5 where I got the real bright idea to take an escape hatch into the floor and landed in the middle of a clusterfuck of an orb vault. Statue form became reliable during Vaults:5 and rapidly became a mainstay of combat with its huge bonuses to both offense and defense. Octopodes don't have any armour to meld, so the only downside is the perma-slow. This necessitated careful defensive positioning, doubly so with Chei slowness. The hells were fast and fun, Pan was boring as gently caress, Zot felt hilariously easy (aside from that silly failed orbninja attempt) when reliably two-shotting OOFs and ancient liches.

I'm still in shock that I didn't die on Vaults:5. Nothing quite like seeing the message "You block the orb of destruction." while at 16 HP next to an ancient lich.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

First thread made since I became an ascension-haver. :smug:

Time to splat 100 casters because they are hard :smith:

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders
Speaking of Ever-Gnashing Radulae, being a cheibro + statue form + torpor snail has you moving 1 space every 4 auts or something. :wtc:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Haifisch posted:

code:
# TEAMCAPTAIN Haifisch

code:
# TEAMMEMBERS ...
Post ASAP to let me know you're still alive and paying attention to crawl-type things. If you don't post by Sept 4, you're booted off and some other lucky soul(s) can get in. Many will enter, few will win. See store for details.

(Tournament teams finalize mid-day Sept 6, hence the cutoff. The tournament itself starts tomorrow afternoon. :derp:)

I'm here.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Miracon posted:

I found the answer, and it turns out it's loving nothing can! And somehow I got the high score for the whole octopode species out of it! :shepface:

http://dobrazupa.org/morgue/magicpoints/morgue-magicpoints-20140828-070222.txt

code:
37179957 magicpoints the Petrodigitator (level 27, 201/201 HPs)
             Began as an Octopode Assassin on Aug 26, 2014.
             Was the Champion of Cheibriados.
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 15 runes on Aug 28, 2014!

The game lasted 10:25:53 (39341 turns).
Statue form UC and Chei together will apparently murder murder murder almost anything you fight. I was only in real danger 4 times in the run: Spider:5 where ghost moths will wreck you by themselves without rPois or sInv, Vaults:5 and its tsunami of danger from all sides, Geh:7 where Asmodeus and his entourage bring torment and lots and lots of hellfire, and Zot:5 where I got the real bright idea to take an escape hatch into the floor and landed in the middle of a clusterfuck of an orb vault. Statue form became reliable during Vaults:5 and rapidly became a mainstay of combat with its huge bonuses to both offense and defense. Octopodes don't have any armour to meld, so the only downside is the perma-slow. This necessitated careful defensive positioning, doubly so with Chei slowness. The hells were fast and fun, Pan was boring as gently caress, Zot felt hilariously easy (aside from that silly failed orbninja attempt) when reliably two-shotting OOFs and ancient liches.

I'm still in shock that I didn't die on Vaults:5. Nothing quite like seeing the message "You block the orb of destruction." while at 16 HP next to an ancient lich.
Good job getting the current 0.15 high score, jesus :stare:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i figured out why i wasn't showing up on my team list, fixed now

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Haifisch posted:

code:
# TEAMCAPTAIN Haifisch

code:
# TEAMMEMBERS ...

Hey, I'm still alive and I will probably do real runs during the tournament instead of always going for 15-rune multiple-zig invocations-title affairs like a dork.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

World Famous Whore posted:

As you can probably guess, I lied. Rewards were alot of jewelery:
code:
m - an uncursed amulet of clarity
 o - a ring of positive energy
 p - the amulet of the Four Winds {Clar rN+ MR+++}
 t - the ring "Megipig" {EV+6 Slay+5}
 u - a +2 ring of intelligence
 w - a +3 ring of intelligence
 z - an uncursed ring of invisibility
 B - an uncursed ring of fire
 F - the ring of Darkness {+/*Tele Slay+4}
 I - an uncursed amulet of stasis
 L - a ring of fire
 M - the amulet of the Unkillable {+Rage Dex-2}
 N - an uncursed ring of see invisible
 O - a +6 ring of slaying
 W - an uncursed amulet of faith

Four Winds and Megapig are pretty decent for your guy; I reckon you actually came out ahead with that trove.

Starkwheat
Feb 27, 2012
I went and read Haifisch's LP. Didn't risk the run with potions of mutation, but nevertheless:

http://crawl.lantea.net/crawl/morgue/Starve/morgue-Starve-20140826-150416.txt
code:
 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.16-a0-269-gd5b6136 (webtiles) character file.

18307083 Starve the Conqueror (level 27, 218/218 HPs)
             Began as a Gargoyle Chaos Knight on Aug 17, 2014.
             Was the Champion of Zin.
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 15 runes on Aug 26, 2014!

The game lasted 06:55:42 (84160 turns).
Third all-runer and my second one in WebTiles. Is being gifted 10+ mutations at the end of lair, then ditching Xom for Zin considered cheesing?
Regarding the tournament, I'd like to join a team here. Any free spots left in local teams?

TZer0
Jun 22, 2013
Since gods tend to join trunk after a tournament (to avoid distracting the players?), will this be the case with Ru?

apple posted:

Speaking of Ever-Gnashing Radulae, being a cheibro + statue form + torpor snail has you moving 1 space every 4 auts or something. :wtc:

... that's faster than a centaur.

I think you meant 40 AUT.

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

TZer0 posted:

Since gods tend to join trunk after a tournament (to avoid distracting the players?), will this be the case with Ru?

... that's faster than a centaur.

I think you meant 40 AUT.

d'oh, I figured whatever appears on "Time" in the top right are auts. But yeah, you get my point :downs:

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Anyone got space for one more? I don't have many wins.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!
Man, I should get back into this game...So anyone have any advice on what characters are good for this new god? I'd like to give him a try, and I don't want to just make a minotaur fighter and slap on a god on top of him.

flatpack flapjack
Aug 13, 2006

Satan destroys you // but Jesus puts you in a bowl and smokes you

Cactus posted:

Anyone got space for one more? I don't have many wins.

Seconding this. I've got some 3-runers under my belt, but that's about it. Badplayers team, anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shabbat goy
Oct 4, 2008

Just made an Octopode Assassin and holy poo poo this rules. I ended up going with Ashenzari for no particular reason, but is there a better choice? I probably won't switch now, but I'll undoubtedly do something dumb and die so I wanna know what might be best for this race/class for when I try again.

• Locked thread