Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
You didn't mention that his short-sighted two season Glee renewal is probably one of the main reasons he's leaving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
You're right I didn't because I'm not a monster. :colbert:

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

there's not much chance of a full 22-episode season

I'd be shocked if it gets anything more than 12-13.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

More like two two hour specials on back-to-back nights during football playoffs or whatever other ratings hogs (e.g. marathons of NCIS or Big Bang Theory reruns) they don't want to air good shows up against.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

the truth posted:

More like two two hour specials on back-to-back nights during football playoffs or whatever other ratings hogs (e.g. marathons of NCIS or Big Bang Theory reruns) they don't want to air good shows up against.

Honestly that wouldn't surprise me either. After the ratings the finale got this year I keep expecting to hear they found some way out of doing another season at all.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I stopped watching after episode 13 this season. What's the consensus on the post McKinley episodes? Should I bother with them or just be happy I stopped watching Glee?

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Sub Rosa posted:

I stopped watching after episode 13 this season. What's the consensus on the post McKinley episodes? Should I bother with them or just be happy I stopped watching Glee?

If you managed to get out clean then stay out.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Oh just watch it. What's the worst that could happen? :twisted: Even people who whine about the show tend to agree the New York episodes were better.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Actually, the New York episodes for me were the point where the show lost all semblance of form and purpose. It was also, sadly, where I officially Stopped Caring About Klaine. With the confirmation that they're just piling Finn's old plots onto Sam, I have now officially lost all reason to watch this show.

I always imagined I'd quit Glee in a rage, like I did with Supernatural when those absolute fuckers killed off Kevin Tran. :argh: I never imagined I'd just stop caring, but it looks like that's what happened. :shrug:

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Sub Rosa posted:

It was a lot better, but probably not good enough to come back to if you've managed to get out.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Pfft really though, who are you gonna trust Rosa, me or someone who went through eight whole seasons of Supernatural*?

*yeah yeah, SPN wasn't always this lovely, it was really good at one point blah blah etc

Seriously though, as with every other season of Glee, whether you like it is going to depend on what you want out of it. I can tell you right now that Mercedes, for instance, had more focus and validity in the NY portion than she did in maybe every other season combined. But if you're waiting on bated breath for the triumphant uprising of Tina, boy have I got some bad news for you.

(though she does appear anyway and was pretty funny)

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Spergatory posted:

Actually, the New York episodes for me were the point where the show lost all semblance of form and purpose. It was also, sadly, where I officially Stopped Caring About Klaine. With the confirmation that they're just piling Finn's old plots onto Sam, I have now officially lost all reason to watch this show.

I always imagined I'd quit Glee in a rage, like I did with Supernatural when those absolute fuckers killed off Kevin Tran. :argh: I never imagined I'd just stop caring, but it looks like that's what happened. :shrug:

This is the way the show ends. Not with a bang but a whimper.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
So am I crazy or does the stock photo in this story appear to be Lea Michele?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Clearly a Glee/Orphan Black crossover event.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
Rumor-mongering for the next season:

1) Will supposedly be 10-12 episodes long
2) (location spoiler) Is going back to Lima, OH/McKinley (per Jane Lynch)

Story/casting spoilers, all taken with a grain of salt:
3) More specifically, they're bandying about the idea that Rachel goes back to McKinley to try and put the glee club back together herself
4) Will is the director of Vocal Adrenaline and Blaine (or potentially some other existing character) is his assistant
5) Only Unique appears to have been asked to return of the new ND members from S4/5

Of course, no scripts have been written yet so this is all probably subject to change wildly.

(Source is here, location spoiler in URL.)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

xeria posted:

Rumor-mongering for the next season:

1) Will supposedly be 10-12 episodes long
2) (location spoiler) Is going back to Lima, OH/McKinley (per Jane Lynch)

Story/casting spoilers, all taken with a grain of salt:
3) More specifically, they're bandying about the idea that Rachel goes back to McKinley to try and put the glee club back together herself
4) Will is the director of Vocal Adrenaline and Blaine (or potentially some other existing character) is his assistant
5) Only Unique appears to have been asked to return of the new ND members from S4/5

Of course, no scripts have been written yet so this is all probably subject to change wildly.

(Source is here, location spoiler in URL.)

None of this makes a lick of sense :psyduck:

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Sounds like I'm done with the show.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

And how many times has it sounded like that by now? :v:

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
We've come this far. With 10 or 12 episodes left, let's just... go to the end and say that we survived.

I have no idea what is going on... maybe a Time Jump after all?

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Does anyone really want to deal with Will or 24 new high school students? Ugh. Please just give us 10-12 episodes of a Lea Michele variety hour.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris Colfer just tweeted he's been let go due to personal issues.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Chris Colfer just tweeted he's been let go due to personal issues.

All the behind the scenes drama is so much more entertaining than the actual show.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This beautiful trainwreck of a show :allears:

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
He's claiming he was hacked & it's not true.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
On the one hand, god I'd laugh so hard if he was actually bounced off the show 13 episodes from the end.

On the other, like Ryan Murphy would ever let him leave early, so yeah prob a hack.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007
Final season has been confirmed at 13 episodes which is probably seven too many. Also Naya has been unfired or something and will be back as a recurring guest star instead of series regular.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
News about a returning character for next season!

I, for one, will be watching to see the impending meltdown of the fandom. :)

DapperDinosaur
May 27, 2012

This is what America's next drag super star does...

She works for a living.
Has it been confirmed that Chris Colfer is returning?

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

courtney_beth posted:

:aaaaa:

:allears:

:munch:

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

courtney_beth posted:

Hooolee poo poo hahaha.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Hahahah oh my God this is going to be a trainwreck and I can't wait for it to be over.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So apparently they're dropping New York all together and Rachel is heading back to Lima to restart the Glee Club. Kurt and everyone will be returning to Lima as well. Will will be coaching Vocal Adrenaline and Blaine will be coaching the Warblers.

God this is stupid.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
So what's the plot going to be on Earth-1?

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
In the end can they all be gunned down in slow motion, Sam Peckinpah style? I'd love to see that. God this show sucks now. I hate watch it more than SOA.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS

Mordiceius posted:

So apparently they're dropping New York all together and Rachel is heading back to Lima to restart the Glee Club. Kurt and everyone will be returning to Lima as well. Will will be coaching Vocal Adrenaline and Blaine will be coaching the Warblers.

God this is stupid.

Why are they all on opposing teams? What happened to the Big Group of Friends(TM) that we all saw last season? What crazy universe is going on.

I love it. Please be ridiculous and stupid.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007
I love how every article I read about the final season of Glee has a completely different take on what the season is going to be about. I've read that the high school was getting dropped to focus on the New York kids, that New York was getting dropped to return to focusing on the high school and now all the New York people are moving back to Lima.

This is shaping up to be a fantastic train wreck of a season.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Mordiceius posted:

God this is stupid.

If this means I get to see Melissa Benoist on my TV again, I'm totally on board. :swoon:

DapperDinosaur
May 27, 2012

This is what America's next drag super star does...

She works for a living.
I kind of don't think the old newbies are coming back. I think we're getting new newbies.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Some spoilers for the first episode have been posted. It's like some hideous experiment in Dadaist anti-narrative. It's the most awful, beautiful thing I've ever read. It's a trainwreck filmed at 10,000 fps-- horrifying, yet impossible to look away from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
How the gently caress is Kurt studying at a drama school in New York and interning at a school IN loving OHIO?

:psypop:

• Locked thread