Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Magnus Gallant posted:

Why do you attribute this to mechanics rather than players being wacky?

because of capps's role

and because of my role

the gimmick is pretty obvious here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

ernie im sorry but derp is mod confirmed

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Mills posted:

ernie im sorry but derp is mod confirmed

where and how

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I like an Ernie lynch more than a BN lynch.

##vote Ernie

Winter Wrap-Up is a cute song. I listen to it on Spotify sometimes just for fun.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

my role requires empowerment from derp

lets go through 3 cases

derp is scum and i am scum
this would be dumb from a setup pov but well id just ask him privately empower me please, k thanks. but i didnt, so scratch this case unless you think ive come up with some super impressive gambit for nebulous benefit, not to mention the fact that this would have required cpig to actually think of this when building the setup which i doubt.

derp is scum and i am town
this would be dumb from a setup pov, like why would you make my enabler scum so i can just sit here ??? asking for enablement ??? and why would you give me a role that is actively hurt by lynching by scum enemy? so scratch this case too.

derp is town
win

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

gulag ... i need you to teach me how you troll these games without ever getting puppy cuddled

i have failed to do it spectacularly

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Mills posted:

my role requires empowerment from derp

lets go through 3 cases

derp is scum and i am scum
this would be dumb from a setup pov but well id just ask him privately empower me please, k thanks. but i didnt, so scratch this case unless you think ive come up with some super impressive gambit for nebulous benefit, not to mention the fact that this would have required cpig to actually think of this when building the setup which i doubt.

this would be dumb from a setup pov, like why would you make my enabler scum so i can just sit here ??? asking for enablement ??? and why would you give me a role that is actively hurt by lynching by scum enemy? so scratch this case too.

derp is town
win

this is only true for you. the rest of us have no idea if you're telling the truth about your role or not.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Mills posted:

i actually don't think this is ridiculous at all....... and the role you're given is specifically made so you assume this; from a balance perspective the town getting weaker when the scum get weaker makes sense, and also from a scum perspective, the scum-team is made more powerful by derp's protection by you while also the town is made more powerful by him enabling you

and i think if you (as in Mills) played objectively for one second (discounting derp's existence) he's pretty obviously slipped in that he whole-heartedly believed my vig was 1-shot while also simultaneously believing I'm scum

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

god pm are you really this dumb

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

well, whatever, ernie. i think you're wrong and cpig isnt that clever, but how about you wait a day til d2. k thanks

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
mills what would you say cpig's iq is

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

derp has pulled this exact same routine before with me where he sidelines while 'believing' i'm scum and it caused poque to turbo me (i can find this game if you must but i forget its name)

and guess what? derp flipped scum

when derp is town he doesn't harp on a single player he thinks is town, he keeps aggressively going 'oh X unvoted Ernie or X wouldn't vote Ernie, probably scum with him!!'

here he's obviously not doing that because he has a different goal

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pinterest Mom posted:

this is only true for you. the rest of us have no idea if you're telling the truth about your role or not.

It also assumes he is really for sure Powdered Toast Man and his power is giving toast, which we have to take his word for. Also, I'm not sure Mills breakdown is really as cut and dried as he thinks it is. It is certainly something to keep in mind as other things are revealed but it isn't mod confirmed town from most of our perspectives.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I said i needed an enabler from the toast guy, and miraculously, MIRACLES OF ALL MIRCALES, a toast guy appears later in the thread and he is an enabler. what are the odds

na mills you lied bro

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Mills posted:

I said i needed an enabler from the toast guy, and miraculously, MIRACLES OF ALL MIRCALES, a toast guy appears later in the thread and he is an enabler. what are the odds

na mills you lied bro

oh great a third person who is also linked to someone else in the thread this is great

it's as if ... i predicted this somehow

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

mr.capps posted:

mills what would you say cpig's iq is

capps why are you not capps?

i know you're not stupid and you already are thinking everything i am

what solves this game?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Votecount for Day 1

Ernie. (5): Jon Joe, Tremendous Taste, Jon Joe, Tremendous Taste, Tremendous Taste, uranus, Magnus Gallant, Big Nothing, Rarity
Big Nothing (4): Asiina, Pinterest Mom, Kumbamontu, Asiina, chaoslord, Propaganda Machine, Magnus Gallant, Magnus Gallant
Asiina (2): Propaganda Machine, King Burgundy, Jon Joe, Propaganda Machine
Ixtlilton (1): Jon Joe, Jon Joe, Dugong
uranus (1): Ernie.
Rarity (1): GulagDolls, Ernie., chaoslord, chaoslord, Ernie.
Mills (1): Asiina, Big Nothing, Magnus Gallant, Magnus Gallant, Big Nothing
Tremendous Taste (0): Ernie., GulagDolls, Asiina, mr.capps, Asiina, GulagDolls, Ernie., mr.capps
GulagDolls (0): Asiina, Asiina
mr.capps (0): Asiina, Asiina, Rarity, Rarity

Not Voting (4): Ixtlilton, Mills, mr.capps, Panoctagon

With 19 alive, it's 10 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 28th, 2014 at 11 p.m. EDT

----

Bout an hour and a half left.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mills, why aren't you voting?

Ix/Pan, are you two going to benefit us with your presence?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I voted Ernie like 3 days ago so I'm not sure why I'm not voting

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

King Burgundy posted:

Bout an hour and a half left.

oh i didn't realize the deadline was tonight

welp who cares

##vote Ernie

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

King Burgundy posted:

Mills, why aren't you voting?

Ix/Pan, are you two going to benefit us with your presence?

what the hell is this post?

how can a mod even say this?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mills posted:

I voted Ernie like 3 days ago so I'm not sure why I'm not voting

You must be thinking of the other game. This game you only voted meinberg.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

nvm i am tired and confused king burgundy with dbd because survivor, and this thread with another

oops

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ernie. posted:

what the hell is this post?

how can a mod even say this?

What on earth are you talking about?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

we should probably lynch burgundy, he knows too much about this game and is taking it too seriously to be genuine town hiveminder

##vote kb

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ernie. posted:

nvm i am tired and confused king burgundy with dbd because survivor, and this thread with another

oops

:glomp:

Hey Ernie, if you are town, don't vote for yourself. That is counterproductive.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Mills posted:

na mills you lied bro

we don't know enough about the set-up to know that
-you're telling the truth about needing a toast guy
-derp is telling the truth about being toast guy

for all i know, you and derp are scum or masons, and one of you needs to kill toast guy in order for (X) to happen, and you're hoping to draw a counterclaim from real toast guy

i don't know what the point of that would be, but we're flying pretty much blind!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mills posted:

we should probably lynch burgundy, he knows too much about this game and is taking it too seriously to be genuine town hiveminder

##vote kb

Huh?

Panoctagon
Sep 30, 2006

The guests seem more than pleased. How is the wine?
Reading through the thread now,

King Burgundy posted:

You haven't weighed in on anything yet and are one of the non voters. What are your thoughts on the game? Who are you wanting to vote before the deadline and why?

Yeah, still trying to generate some reads. Based on what I've looked at thus far, I'd probably vote BN, Capps or Ernie. BN and Capps feel like they're trying to shove a case based on very little pretty hard onto someone else Capps>BN>Rarity. Ernie did straight kill a guy with little motive it seemed early on. While I don't have the capability to say "town ernie wouldn't take that shot" like Ixt did, I still feel like it was pretty scummy.

I'm not getting this uranus (derp, I guess?) is confirmed town thing, Mills' case on that seems off to me, and it's far and away a stretch from 'mod confirmed' anything I feel.

##vote ernie

I'm not going to be around at deadline so I'll throw the vote in now.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Mills posted:

god pm are you really this dumb

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

King Burgundy posted:

:glomp:

Hey Ernie, if you are town, don't vote for yourself. That is counterproductive.

##unvote

i know but i think i'm getting puppy cuddled anyway

this game is obviously setup as a showdown between multiple characters and people are just hunting down their counterparts at night

i guess i'm hunting for shredder for example (i was given three role-cops and a vig that i was only allowed to use early in the game -as my limitation or else i lose all my powers- and told someone else from my series is evil)

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

wait
holy poo poo
i think we can all agree
##vote panoctagon

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

we don't know enough about the set-up to know that
-you're telling the truth about needing a toast guy
-derp is telling the truth about being toast guy

for all i know, you and derp are scum or masons, and one of you needs to kill toast guy in order for (X) to happen, and you're hoping to draw a counterclaim from real toast guy

i don't know what the point of that would be, but we're flying pretty much blind!

are you reading the thread? this thread, not any other

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Mills posted:

wait
holy poo poo
i think we can all agree
##vote panoctagon

He's new though isn't he?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ernie. posted:

are you reading the thread? this thread, not any other

sure?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

come on that is the most transparent scum case ever. please tell me this isnt his first game so you guys dont vote him on BS technicality

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mills posted:

wait
holy poo poo
i think we can all agree
##vote panoctagon

I was leaning Ixt or Pan based mostly on inactivity. I could be down with this.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

capps

myself

mills and derp

that's four people saying they have counterparts

and then i forget who it was agreeing they might have one too when i was talking to them

do you think every single one of these people is scum setting you personally up to be flying blind? or can you just use occam's razor for 30 seconds

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

PM's "thing" in mafia games is to always shun occam's razor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mills posted:

come on that is the most transparent scum case ever. please tell me this isnt his first game so you guys dont vote him on BS technicality

I looked him up on votefinder and it looks like it is his first game after all. Unless he played prevotefinder. I'd rather not puppy cuddle a brand new guy.

• Locked thread