Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Mills posted:

come on that is the most transparent scum case ever. please tell me this isnt his first game so you guys dont vote him on BS technicality

it read pretty scummy to me

but so is capps who is sidelining when i know in my heart if he was town he'd be screaming something like 'WHAT ARE YOU IDIOTS DOING ERNIE IS OBVIOUSLY TOWN'

also mills, uranus is scum, if you forget this somehow by the time tomorrow starts i don't know what i'll do to you for half-ruining this game for me and then defending scum all game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I don't have any counterpart :(

I feel lonely

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

no ernie, look into your heart, it is john cena who also ruined this game

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I'm not feeling the Ernie lynch though. What are the options?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ernie. posted:

capps

myself

mills and derp

that's four people saying they have counterparts

and then i forget who it was agreeing they might have one too when i was talking to them

do you think every single one of these people is scum setting you personally up to be flying blind? or can you just use occam's razor for 30 seconds

no, i believe in the counterparts thing (i think i might have one too?)

and i do think that mills' logic is pretty much sound if mills knows he's telling the truth

but i'm not willing to accept that derp is essetially confirmed town just yet, because there are scenarios where mills and derp are lying.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mills posted:

I'm not feeling the Ernie lynch though. What are the options?

I'm still happy on Asiina, but I'll also switch to Capps, Ixt, or BN. I'm not feeling anyone else tonight.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Would anyone object to a bandwagon on Jon Joe?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

but i'm not willing to accept that derp is essetially confirmed town just yet, because there are scenarios where mills and derp are lying.

unfortunately no there aren't, you'll just have to trust my knowledge of both players

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Mills posted:

i always think bandwagons on jj are hilarious

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Rarity posted about ponies. Let's puppy cuddle her

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Let's make this happen.

##vote JJ

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##vote jj

Ernie. posted:

unfortunately no there aren't, you'll just have to trust my knowledge of both players

fair enough.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Mills posted:

no

also, mills, the gimmick of the game is pretty obviously that there are scum-town, 3p-town, town-town connections and the town has to figure out which are bad for town and which are good

given that yours is so transparently good, i am going to assume it is bad otherwise everyone can just claim their flavors right now and we'd break it open in a mass-claim scenario

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

IT IS A BAD IDEA TO GIVE YOUR FLAVOR IN CERTAIN INSTANCES

I think only some people have counterparts due to this saying in certain instances.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

##vote jj

self-preservation (i could swing back to myself to avoid a nl though)

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

chaoslord posted:

I think only some people have counterparts due to this saying in certain instances.

probably because some of the 3ps have specific lyncher-like roles

see: taste's assumption that capps has one

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Anyone who does not vote JJ is a big dumb gently caress

there i said it

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mills posted:

Anyone who does not vote JJ is a big dumb gently caress

there i said it

Well poo poo, I don't want to be a dumb gently caress.

##vote JJ

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

i dont want to be a dumb gently caress! ##vote JJ

holy crap i don't like panoctagon at all either.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Ernie. posted:

capps why are you not capps?

i know you're not stupid and you already are thinking everything i am

what solves this game?

one man's pro
is another man's con

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the power lies
within the drawback
for another

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
roles are not only split in two
but are in parts in each other

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

how did you come to this conclusion?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

panoct is still browsing this forum also fyi

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Ernie. posted:

how did you come to this conclusion?

like i said, there is a reason why i am not complaining about being a stump. the conditions that need to happen for the other part of my role to come into play implies what i just stated.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

ah right i forgot about that

and never mind i actually forgot you're a stump, makes sense why you're actually so calm, because you can't do anything :X

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Ok

##vote jj

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Yeah im completly trusting you guys on what sounds like a complete BS theory to me. Granted, my flavour could have a 'apposed bad guy', but i can't see any symmetry in my role at all

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i'm coming for you tomorrow

i promise

you better kill me tonight otherwise

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Cpig I have to write up a post and it will take longer than 10 minutes so don't close the thread while I'm writing this post. This day took a huge turn to the lovely and I need to tell you all.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Ernie. posted:

i'm coming for you tomorrow

i promise

you better kill me tonight otherwise

Ok

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Big Nothing posted:

Yeah im completly trusting you guys on what sounds like a complete BS theory to me. Granted, my flavour could have a 'apposed bad guy', but i can't see any symmetry in my role at all

not everyone has to have counterparts

you just have to be equally ridiculous to discount how many people (including yourself) feel like there's something more out there (especially in a game where we're discouraged from letting our flavors be known and someone is given three role cops)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Big Nothing posted:

thing is, you don't know where the symmetry in your role comes from because you haven't seen the other role dummy

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Asiina posted:

Cpig I have to write up a post and it will take longer than 10 minutes so don't close the thread while I'm writing this post. This day took a huge turn to the lovely and I need to tell you all.

oh no :(

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

:(

JJ is at -4 and we are about an hour from deadline, you have some time.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
cpig i remember you talking about vassal before, recommend any good 2 player games that don't take too long?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

love

v i hate you

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
hi everyone

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

letter!!!

^ you're the worst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

mr.capps posted:

cpig i remember you talking about vassal before, recommend any good 2 player games that don't take too long?

Checkers

• Locked thread