Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
wow ernie. you're a pretty fuckin super nice and handsome guy!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

mr.capps posted:

thing is, you don't know where the symmetry in your role comes from because you haven't seen the other role dummy

:v:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
my role implies there are items in this game. someone give me an item please.

itll be funny

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Kumbamontu posted:

itll be funny

sorry mate but pinterest mom said you are a liar

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Okay so I get to Toronto and to the gate no problem. Then oh no my flight is delayed. So half an hour late the flight takes off. I'm worried I'll miss my connection because we only had an hour and now it'll be 30 minutes. We ask the flight attendants and they say they've radioed in and someone will be there to golf cart us through the airport to make our connection. There's me and 2 other people in this predicament.

But when we get on the ground a guy is all yeah no you need a minimum of 90 minutes to make this connection to go through customs. The system locks you out 60 minutes before. So we've booked you on a new flight 5 hours from now. You'll have to go get your luggage and recheck in. When we say that we never would have had 90 minutes because even if the flight was on time it was 60 minutes he's all oh yeah nobody ever makes this connection. THEN WHY IS IT AN OPTION?!

So nothing to do now they've discharged our bags. So we go to the baggage claim and our bags are not there. We ask and they say we have to wait for them to come out of special handling. 20 minutes later we ask again and apparently they are now stuck in baggage limbo between the first airline the original connecting airline and the new connecting airline.

We were assured they would be tagged properly but who the gently caress knows.

Now I'm sitting here eating burger king looking at the rockies and contemplating my lovely life.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Kumbamontu posted:

itll be funny

this is only true for you

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
though i must preface by saying if you give me an item it may not be funny immediately

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Booyah made it

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Mills posted:

sorry mate but pinterest mom said you are a liar

well sorry mate but pinterest dad said you are a butt.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i am sorry asiina, that sounds awful.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Oh my timezones are all off.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

if pdad is as much of an idiot as pmom then im not offended

pkid is capps

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

Okay so I get to Toronto and to the gate no problem. Then oh no my flight is delayed. So half an hour late the flight takes off. I'm worried I'll miss my connection because we only had an hour and now it'll be 30 minutes. We ask the flight attendants and they say they've radioed in and someone will be there to golf cart us through the airport to make our connection. There's me and 2 other people in this predicament.

But when we get on the ground a guy is all yeah no you need a minimum of 90 minutes to make this connection to go through customs. The system locks you out 60 minutes before. So we've booked you on a new flight 5 hours from now. You'll have to go get your luggage and recheck in. When we say that we never would have had 90 minutes because even if the flight was on time it was 60 minutes he's all oh yeah nobody ever makes this connection. THEN WHY IS IT AN OPTION?!

So nothing to do now they've discharged our bags. So we go to the baggage claim and our bags are not there. We ask and they say we have to wait for them to come out of special handling. 20 minutes later we ask again and apparently they are now stuck in baggage limbo between the first airline the original connecting airline and the new connecting airline.

We were assured they would be tagged properly but who the gently caress knows.

Now I'm sitting here eating burger king looking at the rockies and contemplating my lovely life.

This is really really lovely. :(

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Asiina posted:

We ask the flight attendants and they say they've radioed in and someone will be there to golf cart us through the airport to make our connection.

I cannot believe you thought this was true.

Asiina posted:

When we say that we never would have had 90 minutes because even if the flight was on time it was 60 minutes he's all oh yeah nobody ever makes this connection. THEN WHY IS IT AN OPTION?!

Because of the way airline booking systems are programmed and because a majority of flight schedulers don't want to deal with the barrage of questions about why it wouldn't be possible.

Asiina posted:

20 minutes later we ask again and apparently they are now stuck in baggage limbo between the first airline the original connecting airline and the new connecting airline.

This happens all the time, don't worry, you'll have your bags with you when you land eventually.

Asiina posted:

There are worse places to be! Ask your airline for a complimentary dinner/blanket/alarm clock and/or your next seat to be upgraded.

I am sorry you had a rough day, Asiina, and hope you hadn't scheduled anything too time sensitive on the other end of your flights.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
They told us our bags were on pier 15 like that means anything.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

They are loading your bags onto a boat.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I was supposed to have dinner with two groups of friends and merge the group at dinner. I ended up getting them to connect via hangouts so they're all going now together without me.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Mills posted:

if pdad is as much of an idiot as pmom then im not offended

pkid is capps

what is this suppose to mean

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Sup,

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I promise something much more hilarious than turboing me if I survive until tonight.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
##vote Mills

counter turbo

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

na

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

jj, whats your view on panoctagon

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Jon Joe posted:

##vote Mills

counter turbo

sure
##vote mills

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Mills posted:

jj, whats your view on panoctagon

some new dude

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Ernie. posted:

I cannot believe you thought this was true.

Because of the way airline booking systems are programmed and because a majority of flight schedulers don't want to deal with the barrage of questions about why it wouldn't be possible.

This happens all the time, don't worry, you'll have your bags with you when you land eventually.

There are worse places to be! Ask your airline for a complimentary dinner/blanket/alarm clock and/or your next seat to be upgraded.

I am sorry you had a rough day, Asiina, and hope you hadn't scheduled anything too time sensitive on the other end of your flights.

Well we just asked the flight attendant if we would make the connection and she suggested it the golf cart. And then we asked later and another one confirmed it. And there was actually a guy there waiting for the 3 of us but his answer was yeah that's not going to happen.

Its just frustrating as all hell because its not like I hand crafted the itinerary. I said I want to go from this city to this city and this was the path it offered. Don't offer an impossible path!

The good news is I've bonded with the two others who are in this bullshit with me. We've been through a lot together. We are siblings now.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

mr.capps posted:

sure
##vote mills

:D :hf: :)

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Sorry to hear all that Asiina :( Air services can be bad sometimes. I had to run across an airports due to delays on my first flight to get to my dad's funeral. Running in dress shoes suuuuuuuuuucks. Made it though!

##vote jj because I am not a big dumb eff.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
fact: not voting for me makes you a big dumb gently caress
fact: voting for me makes you mills' tool
fact: not voting for Mills makes you a bigger, dumber, fucker
fact: voting for Mills is a vote liberty

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i am going to bed so i am going to vote this guy ##vote jj

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Kumbamontu posted:

i am going to bed so i am going to vote this guy ##vote jj

here we see a bigger, dumber, fucker in its natural environment, being mills' tool

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

jon joe, everyone is going to be happy when you flip scum, right now you are just making them happier that they get to lynch an rear end in a top hat at the same time

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Mills posted:

jon joe, everyone is going to be happy when you flip scum, right now you are just making them happier that they get to lynch an rear end in a top hat at the same time

excuse me did I miss the part where there was a case against me?

mills' is a lyncher and I'm his target. calling it

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Someone tell me if I'm voting mills. I want to be sure my day 1 vote counts.

Actually just in case ##vote mills

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Asiina it won't count because he's nowhere even close to being puppy cuddled

and also he's not scum

JJ reacting furiously is pretty bad though

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

you havent even said your flavour so LOL

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Ernie. posted:

JJ reacting furiously is pretty bad though

??? jokes

they are

jokes

Mills posted:

you havent even said your flavour so LOL

Was there a mass flavor claim or something I'm missing, too?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Votecount for Day 1

Jon Joe (8): Mills, Pinterest Mom, Ernie., King Burgundy, Big Nothing, Magnus Gallant, chaoslord, Kumbamontu
Ernie. (4): Jon Joe, Tremendous Taste, Jon Joe, Tremendous Taste, Tremendous Taste, uranus, Magnus Gallant, Big Nothing, Rarity, Ernie., Panoctagon, Ernie., Big Nothing, Magnus Gallant
Mills (2): Asiina, Big Nothing, Magnus Gallant, Magnus Gallant, Big Nothing, Jon Joe, mr.capps, Asiina, Asiina, mr.capps
Ixtlilton (1): Jon Joe, Jon Joe, Dugong
Rarity (1): GulagDolls, Ernie., chaoslord, chaoslord, Ernie.
Big Nothing (1): Asiina, Pinterest Mom, Kumbamontu, Asiina, chaoslord, Propaganda Machine, Magnus Gallant, Magnus Gallant, Pinterest Mom, chaoslord, Kumbamontu
Tremendous Taste (0): Ernie., GulagDolls, Asiina, mr.capps, Asiina, GulagDolls, Ernie., mr.capps
uranus (0): Ernie., Ernie.
Panoctagon (0): Mills, Mills
GulagDolls (0): Asiina, Asiina
King Burgundy (0): Mills, Mills
Asiina (0): Propaganda Machine, King Burgundy, Jon Joe, Propaganda Machine, King Burgundy, Jon Joe
mr.capps (0): Asiina, Asiina, Rarity, Rarity

Not Voting (2): Ixtlilton, mr.capps

With 19 alive, it's 10 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 28th, 2014 at 11 p.m. EDT

---

Like 25 minutes left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I just got home and need to shower real quick. So don't loving lynch anyone yet.

Also screw you mills, I'm clever as poo poo.

:colbert:

• Locked thread