Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Gonzo McFee posted:

JR sounds like he's got Stockholm syndrome for his dad.

Why do you think he worked for Vince for so long?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Austin Unleashed today is Heyman again. Awesome.

Mannie Fresh
Jul 2, 2006

Daniel Bryan posted:

Austin Unleashed today is Heyman again. Awesome.

It's also a better sell of the Cena/Brock rematch than anything they did on raw.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Russo did an AMA over on Reddit....guy said that the angle that he came up with that the plug was pulled on too early was Beaver Cleavage.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The loving incest angle or the domestic violence angle that came after?

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

I really hope that Paul is right about what happens with Cena. But truth be told I'm so beaten down at this point I've already started accepting that lol Cena wins

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Gonzo McFee posted:

The loving incest angle or the domestic violence angle that came after?

Incest angle.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jerusalem posted:

Stan Hansen next week on The Ross Report. :stare:

Don't blow this, JR!

Stan Hansen is a funny old grandpa now. I hope he tells the story of him laughing while Harley Race decked Bruce Tharpe.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Capsaicin posted:

Russo did an AMA over on Reddit....guy said that the angle that he came up with that the plug was pulled on too early was Beaver Cleavage.

He did basically the entire thing in kayfabe, and very few people realised it until he claimed that what Scott Hall was drinking when he appeared very intoxicated on Nitro was "cough medicine".

Russo literally can't help himself from trying to work the marks.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
New AE Podcast! WrestleMania 2000!

https://t.co/ElKSTYGt5Y

Amazing intro so far.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

there was actually an episode of nitro that russo penned where Hall and Nash wander around backstage for three hours chugging cough syrup

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Heyman trolling Austin at the end of their podcast is fantastic.

"LET'S TALK ABOUT WRESTLEMANIA 32! :haw:"

Edit: Also Heyman actually bothered to bring up the fact that Cena is going to have to get brutal and heartless in the way that he already promised he wouldn't in his earlier feud with Bray Wyatt, which I really appreciated and desperately hope gets brought up on Raw.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Aug 29, 2014

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Prepare to be disappointed, then.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

oatgan posted:

there was actually an episode of nitro that russo penned where Hall and Nash wander around backstage for three hours chugging cough syrup

sure, "cough syrup". That's definitely what was in that bottle that Scott Hall was drinking.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

oatgan posted:

where is the full story

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Batista's story about Vince's original vision of his character on Part 2 of the Jericho interview is... something :stare:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Daniel Bryan posted:

Batista's story about Vince's original vision of his character on Part 2 of the Jericho interview is... something :stare:

Yeah, that was... well that was very obviously a Vince McMahon idea :stare:

The two biggest bits of news in that podcast was that Batista is playing Tong Po in a remake of Kickboxer (:neckbeard:) and that Triple H will be Jericho's guest next week, which should be fantastic.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Triple H as Jericho's guest will either be really interesting or really boring depending on how much he wants to tow the company line

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cardboard Box posted:

Triple H as Jericho's guest will either be really interesting or really boring depending on how much he wants to tow the company line

Honestly I can see them ending up just talking about metal for 2 hours.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

that would be even worse!!!

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Cardboard Box posted:

that would be the best loving thing ever!!!

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
shite metal though, like Jericho's band. get the impression all hunter knows about metal is a few Motörhead songs.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

and metallica.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Apparently when they first met, Regal and HHH bonded over NWOBHM. So I'd assume HHH is actually knowledgeable in it.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Apparently when they first met, Regal and HHH bonded over NWOBHM. So I'd assume HHH is actually knowledgeable in it.

This is what I'd imagine. On top of that Jericho said he took his ring name from Helloween's first album, Walls of Jericho.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
aye we all know Jericho is into those horrible 80s bands
state of him

edit. don't actually know what my point is

ICHIBAHN fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Aug 29, 2014

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

When Triple H returned from the quad tear, he rocked the denim vest over leather jacket and he'll forever be cool with me.

Like James Hetfield fell in the ooze instead of in a firework.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Jericho's WWE debut attire in 1999 was basically David Lee Roth's getup from the "Running with the Devil" video

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I'm getting ready to go on a road trip with my wife and I want to be able to pull up a good old TNA rant from Bryan & Vinny, but I wasn't following wrestling at the peak of that. Any suggestions on particular episodes to pull out?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Rodney the Piper posted:

I'm getting ready to go on a road trip with my wife and I want to be able to pull up a good old TNA rant from Bryan & Vinny, but I wasn't following wrestling at the peak of that. Any suggestions on particular episodes to pull out?

Victory Road '09 review. The ramblings of two broken men.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Rodney the Piper posted:

I happened across this one a little while ago (I'm still in the midst of listening to it) and a forum poster caused Bryan to flip his lid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOUF9282TaI

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
BTW, not sure if anyone here knows but a guy is uploading compilations of B&V TNA reviews. Dude uploads about one month a week or around that pace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2gknk9aIzU

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

New AE Podcast is great. The Ross Report spoof intro had me nearly swerving into the other lane from laughing so hard.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

That freaking caption contest for the latest attitude era podcast.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

So Jack Encarnacao's big idea to turn the WWE Network around is to air Creative Meetings

This guy sounded like the King of Reddit

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ghostpilot posted:

I happened across this one a little while ago (I'm still in the midst of listening to it) and a forum poster caused Bryan to flip his lid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOUF9282TaI

All I can hear is David Cross which makes it even greater.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

The newest AEPodcast has an amazing story involving Road Dogg and Rikishi that everyone has to hear. I was actually gasping for air laughing at Kevin's description of it.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Can I just jump right in with the AE podcast? I watched up til about early 1999 and I'm pretty familiar with what happened after.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I'd say start from the beginning of the podcast, because (as well as being consistently funny) there's a lot of running gags you might miss if you skip ahead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
You can jump in at any point, it's not heavy on in-jokes or anything, but it's pretty fun to start at the beginning. There are people on the podcast who watched wrestling at the time and have great nostalgia for the era (but haven't watched it in forever) and people who have never seen it. It's pretty entertaining to hear the people who watched it previously see how wrong/correct their memories were and see how the guys who are getting their first exposure to the era react to it. It's entertaining to listen to guys evolve from hating Jeff Jarrett's guts to enjoying his work. You'll also miss out on their hilarious disdain for Marc Mero by skipping ahead.

• Locked thread