Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canis minor
May 4, 2011

Dick Trauma posted:

This one special snowflake keeps bitching at me via email about an admin credentials popup (for Java or Flash, et al) and then making himself unavailable for me to do anything about it. I received an URGENT email that he could not work due to the admin credential popup and I called him back within five minutes. He still hasn't returned my call.

I'm just waiting for him to start copying VPs in.

P.S. This is the guy that left his laptop in the car to get stolen and then complained about getting a replacement of similar vintage instead of a brand new one.

I recently started not caring - you wanted something from me / me to do something, but were unavailable 5m after you've sent the message? Not my problem anymore.

Life is so much easier and thanks to that am not working on two additional projects!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Spazz posted:

I really wonder how often things are actually stolen or just "stolen".

When the employee himself steals the laptop and then reports it stolen, he's technically telling the truth.

Caconym
Feb 12, 2013

Dear network ops.

When you mandate that a firewall change request must include VLAN-IDs as well as the IPs it's not a good idea to put the VLAN-information in your own internal sharepoint folder.

At least have the courtesy of not yelling at me for writing "SITE\auth-client" and "SITE\auth-server" in those fields. :shrug:

hihifellow
Jun 17, 2005

seriously where the fuck did this genre come from
Every server has the same local admin password to rule them all, so at the kinda-monthly department meeting today I floated the idea of a password management solution and everyone was pleasantly receptive to the idea. So that may be one less thing pissing me off daily in the future.

Sir_Substance
Dec 13, 2013

The Macaroni posted:

We recently updated our ticket system for onboarding new contractors--making network accounts, establishing access, etc. Part of the process is for the requesting supervisor to indicate 1) the start date of the contractor and 2) the end date. Makes sense, right?

I've now seen at least a dozen instances of supervisors putting in the same date for the start and end date. So it winds up looking like:

User's First Day of Work: 8/14/2014
User's Last Day/Termination Date: 8/14/2014

Mind you, these are not one day assignments. These are contractors who are here for up to a year. :psyduck: The tech folks changed the ticket to prevent putting in the same start and end date, so now what happens? Users are putting an end date the day after the start date. For 1- to 6-month assignments.

In every instance where I've asked a user why they did this, the universal reply is "I dunno." Not "I was confused" or "I put a different date, it must be a bug!" Just "I dunno why I did this stupid thing." We are now changing the ticket to require at least a 1-week difference between start and end dates.

Just going back to this, I suggest that you change the form from "when do they start and when do they finish?" to "when do they start and how long are they working for us?"

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Oh god drat it. I was having such a nice vacation up until an hour ago. I have been out of cell service for the past several days and today returned to finish off the holiday weekend working around the house. Driving home I heard a beep from somewhere in the back of the car. Then another. Then ten more. I left it until I got home and unpacked. Upon digging my work phone out the luggage, I found the following had happened over the last few days.
First- The HR lady that everyone hated turned in her notice. The first message I got was a notification for a after hours party- celebrating her leaving. (She was not invited.)
Second- One of my coworkers wanted to do some performance testing on brand new hardware ordered for a customer project… that's to be installed Tuesday. The testing has nothing to do with the project and is just "something he wanted to try". I was too late- he had already started after not hearing back from me. :(
Third- One of our sales guys just put himself on my poo poo list. Not only did he create a proposal for a customer without checking with the PM, lead engineer, or IT about what was needed- he got it approved using three year old outdated technology that we don't know how much longer we are going to be able to source parts for. The worst part is, this company is weeks away from buying US! I'm going to have to service/maintain this piece of poo poo system. There's more, but it's just not worth ranting about.

The worst part was- these were all TXT messages or missed calls. Not a single person bothered to EMAIL me, despite telling them I had WIFI/email and no cell signal.

I think I'm going to dedicate a few hours tonight to my good friend Jack and finally update my resume. I've been one foot out the door for far to long and it's just not worth waiting for the measly few $k in stock I will get to cash out IF this place sells. My sanity is worth more then that.
/rant

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

the spyder posted:

Oh god drat it. I was having such a nice vacation up until an hour ago. I have been out of cell service for the past several days and today returned to finish off the holiday weekend working around the house. Driving home I heard a beep from somewhere in the back of the car. Then another. Then ten more. I left it until I got home and unpacked. Upon digging my work phone out the luggage, I found the following had happened over the last few days.
First- The HR lady that everyone hated turned in her notice. The first message I got was a notification for a after hours party- celebrating her leaving. (She was not invited.)
Second- One of my coworkers wanted to do some performance testing on brand new hardware ordered for a customer project… that's to be installed Tuesday. The testing has nothing to do with the project and is just "something he wanted to try". I was too late- he had already started after not hearing back from me. :(
Third- One of our sales guys just put himself on my poo poo list. Not only did he create a proposal for a customer without checking with the PM, lead engineer, or IT about what was needed- he got it approved using three year old outdated technology that we don't know how much longer we are going to be able to source parts for. The worst part is, this company is weeks away from buying US! I'm going to have to service/maintain this piece of poo poo system. There's more, but it's just not worth ranting about.

The worst part was- these were all TXT messages or missed calls. Not a single person bothered to EMAIL me, despite telling them I had WIFI/email and no cell signal.

I think I'm going to dedicate a few hours tonight to my good friend Jack and finally update my resume. I've been one foot out the door for far to long and it's just not worth waiting for the measly few $k in stock I will get to cash out IF this place sells. My sanity is worth more then that.
/rant

Are you a linux or network dude? If you are still in Portland (I think you are) PM me.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

poo poo pissing me off tonight:

Magic smoke escaping from a $1000 Siemens SM331 8 channel analog input module at a subway station due to bad wiring.

Topside management system being essentially poo poo and us having to make workarounds for it, preferably on the fly.

No/bad documentation for everything involved.

At least I billed 6.5 hours of night shift work on this...

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

It's been a while since I've posted in this thread.

Been working a contract for the past 8 months (it's going to expire in a months time) it's a poo poo job where all I do is look after a vmware cluster and not really manage it at all. The most taxing thing I do is generate usage reports. Since it's the last two months of my contract I thought I should start looking into getting a proper role (doing linux sys admin work) I've gone to about five interviews. Every single one has sent me a rejection email. Now I would understand if it was seriously out of my league, but these are for BAU roles or support roles. The last two rejections have been the worst with reply's like

"The discussion that followed revealed to us you have not yet in your career reached a certain level of achievements and improvements that we expect from the person for the role."
or
"Could do the job but not able to add an extra dimension to the team"

I don't know what I should do anymore. Really feel like I should give up on I.T and do something else.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

dj_pain posted:

Been working a contract for the past 8 months (it's going to expire in a months time) it's a poo poo job where all I do is look after a vmware cluster and not really manage it at all. The most taxing thing I do is generate usage reports. Since it's the last two months of my contract I thought I should start looking into getting a proper role (doing linux sys admin work) I've gone to about five interviews. Every single one has sent me a rejection email. Now I would understand if it was seriously out of my league, but these are for BAU roles or support roles. The last two rejections have been the worst with reply's like

"The discussion that followed revealed to us you have not yet in your career reached a certain level of achievements and improvements that we expect from the person for the role."
or

I don't know what I should do anymore. Really feel like I should give up on I.T and do something else.

Call up the interviewer.
Thank then for their time.
Say it is a shame that you didn't get the role as you thought you were a good match
Tell them that you are looking for feedback as to why they did not think you were a match.
Ask them to clarify their remarks and give examples of what they were looking for and what you gave.
Take the comments in good grace and thank them.
Use this to work on your interviewing technique

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

spog posted:

Call up the interviewer.
Thank then for their time.
Say it is a shame that you didn't get the role as you thought you were a good match
Tell them that you are looking for feedback as to why they did not think you were a match.
Ask them to clarify their remarks and give examples of what they were looking for and what you gave.
Take the comments in good grace and thank them.
Use this to work on your interviewing technique

Yeah, this.

Assuming it's a fairly large organization they'll have stuff on file about the interview. It'll either be legitimate feedback about how you did, or CYA (their rear end, not yours) material because they had a candidate in mind already. You can probably tell based on the quality of the feedback.

When I've been doing final interviews at my company (Ours are two tech people and one HR person) we're told to document as much as possible, because we go into it assuming the 2 (or however many) candidates who didn't get the offer will want to know why. After the process is complete we're totally fine releasing the details to the people who applied. I think it makes it more transparent and we give legitimate feedback to help the people who didn't get the position.

If you get vague non-answers and them avoiding talking about the interview process, that'd be my first red flag about how HR and the company operates. They shouldn't need to be hiding anything about hiring processes, especially if you're already internal.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
I was gonna complain about how slow our FEA software is transferring data, but while waiting I had a poke through some of the old handbooks we had and found instructions from the mid 80's on how to use stress programs written in FORTRAN and running on a VAX 11/750.

I'm a child of the 90's, probably don't really have any room to complain in retrospect. :catstare:

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl

dj_pain posted:

or

Since nobody's asked yet, how much experience do you have as a Linux admin and what are you applying for? "Business analyst or support" could mean almost anything

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?
rebooting some machines that some internal group is using for production purposes, but isn't properly in production. PRocedure calls for full patches and reboots before heading into proper, monitored production.

So I email him and ask:
:eng101: Can I reboot these machines in fifteen minutes?
:cenobite: SURE!

code:

# shutdown -r +15

Broadcast message from nitrogen@omgserverlol
        (/dev/pts/0) at 13:34 ...

The system is going down for reboot in 15 minutes!

:cenobite: WHAT THE HELL WHY ARE YOU REBOOTING IT NOW??? I SAID FIFTEEN MINUTES!!!

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?
Double Post FTW:

This book is the best book on managing expectations from customers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gyk55GYnGl0

This is why you always manage expectations

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I worked in a store years ago that sold that book, and ever since I've used the phrase "If you give a mouse a cookie..." when I'm talking about scope creep.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

RadicalR posted:

Holy poo poo, that's illegal as poo poo.

Where I am, we have a two week policy and we enforce it.

Got an intern that starts today? Tough poo poo. We'll get to it when we can, and if you throw a fit, you get to explain to your boss why you didn't do your job.

Highly illegal. The HR employee stood her ground thankfully and then got chewed out by a sales director when he was back in the office.

Volmarias posted:

Charge their department for every incident, if you can get that to stick. Otherwise, take your SLA and stick with it like an rear end in a top hat. Make sure the new hire knows that you weren't given time.

I made the mistake of standing my ground on this once before and it didnt go well. We were short staffed, incredibly busy with some major transition projects and had executive staff coming in expecting us to be there personal tech concierges. A new hire came in with their boss and I told them we didnt have their accounts or equipment setup due to the short notice. Cue a call from my boss, his boss, and the director of sales yelling at me for not getting it done, wasting a new hires time, and costing the company money somehow. The poo poo cherry on top was being told "I wasnt a team player". Ever since then I just have staff play hot potato with new hires dropping whatever needs to be done to get new hires with the most important bosses worked on first. It's a total poo poo show.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
gently caress that, stand your ground again. If they complain that you're not being a team player, ask why protocol is repeatedly not followed by x employees. If you bend backwards for them all the time, they will assume that's how you usually stand.

Bloodborne
Sep 24, 2008

The Macaroni posted:

We recently updated our ticket system for onboarding new contractors--making network accounts, establishing access, etc. Part of the process is for the requesting supervisor to indicate 1) the start date of the contractor and 2) the end date. Makes sense, right?

I've now seen at least a dozen instances of supervisors putting in the same date for the start and end date. So it winds up looking like:

User's First Day of Work: 8/14/2014
User's Last Day/Termination Date: 8/14/2014

Mind you, these are not one day assignments. These are contractors who are here for up to a year. :psyduck: The tech folks changed the ticket to prevent putting in the same start and end date, so now what happens? Users are putting an end date the day after the start date. For 1- to 6-month assignments.

In every instance where I've asked a user why they did this, the universal reply is "I dunno." Not "I was confused" or "I put a different date, it must be a bug!" Just "I dunno why I did this stupid thing." We are now changing the ticket to require at least a 1-week difference between start and end dates.

Contract Start Date: 8/14/2014
Contract Termination Date: 8/14/2015

When I was doing that kind of thing I'd make an effort a couple of times to confirm but after that I would just set the dates to whatever they put. If the contractors network account expired 1 day after they started I'd make it a point to say it's the information that was specifically entered by the manager in the account request form and make them re-approve enabling the account and setting the new expiration.

The start and end date for a contractor account should directly mirror the contract negotiated by vendor management. If they renew the contract and extend the date they need to notify whoever does your network accounts.

It's hilarious how people get promoted to management without actually being able to manage simple things.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

evol262 posted:

Since nobody's asked yet, how much experience do you have as a Linux admin and what are you applying for? "Business analyst or support" could mean almost anything

4 years doing webhosting followed by a year doing dc work for amazon. Also BAU is business as usual, so your normal day to day stuff (looking at logs, making sure poo poo ain't broken)

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl

dj_pain posted:

4 years doing webhosting followed by a year doing dc work for amazon. Also BAU is business as usual, so your normal day to day stuff (looking at logs, making sure poo poo ain't broken)

I interpreted "BAU" as "Business Analyst Usomething", I guess.

This doesn't really say anything, though. Were you building out systems with kickstarts/preseed and PXE? Administering large environments for the same client (internal dev+qa+prod with associated database servers, source control, user management, etc)? Configuring vhosts for customers? There really isn't a lot of "normal day to day" stuff, it just depends on your role, and "4 years doing webhosting and a year doing dc work for amazon" honestly tells me nothing about what your skills are.

Similarly, "looking at logs, making sure poo poo ain't broken" describes almost every job in the IT industry, whether it's development, DBA, sysadmin, QA, etc. These aren't skills. What are your skills and what kind of positions are you applying for?

afflictionwisp
Aug 26, 2003
Hey, so, Dude, who is our senior on our entire virtualization stack, from SAN to blades to host to VM, is quitting. we know you're not fully up to speed on all of it, but you've worked with it enough that we'd like you to step into his shoes and be basically our only admin for all that poo poo, we'll train you up, dont worry. We're promoting someone from helpdesk to take on your old responsibilities, so you'll have to train them.

...4 weeks...

Yeah, so, although he's been officially promoted, Helpdesk Dude's responsibilities on the helpdesk are far too important for him to start his new job yet, so we're going to need you to go ahead and keep doing your old job for now, too.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

afflictionwisp posted:

Hey, so, Dude, who is our senior on our entire virtualization stack, from SAN to blades to host to VM, is quitting. we know you're not fully up to speed on all of it, but you've worked with it enough that we'd like you to step into his shoes and be basically our only admin for all that poo poo, we'll train you up, dont worry. We're promoting someone from helpdesk to take on your old responsibilities, so you'll have to train them.

...4 weeks...

Yeah, so, although he's been officially promoted, Helpdesk Dude's responsibilities on the helpdesk are far too important for him to start his new job yet, so we're going to need you to go ahead and keep doing your old job for now, too.

You should be excited! Did they make it rain on you?

(If you have any other answer then "hell yeah they did" then you are squandering your leverage.)

afflictionwisp
Aug 26, 2003
There was a salary bump involved, and I am excited, I'll walk out of this place in a couple years demanding mid-six-figures easily. I'm also pissed that its seen as more important for Helpdesk Dude (who deserves the promotion) to continue answering phones instead of getting up to speed on important systems and alleviating some of this workload. There is political bullshit going on between the managers that's resulting in things not getting done. I could be working 24/7 right now and I'd still be behind.

afflictionwisp fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Aug 29, 2014

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Overhearing a marketing meeting:
"We can't proceed on (x) because we need tech help"
"(y) is being held back by tech resources"
"Person (z) can't do (a) until they get some tech assistance"

Hey marketing guys: maybe consider not having 100 projects, all of them slight variations on some kind of analytics (mixpanel, geckoboard, optimizely, unbounce, crazyegg, etc.) that all claim to do your job for you. Maybe instead, look at the actual numbers instead of bugging us to implement a flavor of the week startup tool that you end up not using after a month.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

Sir_Substance posted:

Just going back to this, I suggest that you change the form from "when do they start and when do they finish?" to "when do they start and how long are they working for us?"
A great idea, but a lot of the people are students who are here for academic terms, and the supervisors couldn't be troubled to calculate how long those are.

Basically it's a hundred different ways to say "The supervisors can't pay attention." :(

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

dogstile posted:

If it works, there's no problem :colbert:

E: Just got told that the owner of the company has been funnelling all the profits into his other company and that's why we don't get new equipment. This explains so, so much.

Blowing didn't do a thing though. The act of re-seating the connector was all that was needed. What happens is that you'll get a little bit of corrosion on the contacts. When you unplug it and plug it back in the friction cleans off that corrosion and gives you a better connection so it starts working. By blowing on it you add moisture and moisture plus copper plus current is bad.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

We have a problem with new users getting sprung on us last minute too. Only usually about 20% of the problem is my supervisor (who gets the info and then sits on it) and 60% his supervisor that's the issue. He'll hang on to the info for weeks and then drop it on us on Friday when it absolutely must be done by Monday.

Then there is also the HR recruiter that fills out the build sheets with "set up like User X" instead of actually filling it out. And also the fact that he's filling it out at all instead of the "requesting manager", who basically is (supposed to be) the new hire's boss and not the HR dude.

There's policies, but nobody follows them. Of course, that doesn't stop the "WHY ISN'T THIS DONE YOU HAD WEEKS" conversation

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
What the gently caress is it with people and conflating "and" with "or"? I don't mean programming-wise, I mean when I send you instructions that say CONDITION A and CONDITION B must be met for THING to happen, that doesn't mean that you can get away with just meeting one of them. This is like, elementary school English.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

myron cope posted:

Then there is also the HR recruiter that fills out the build sheets with "set up like User X" instead of actually filling it out. And also the fact that he's filling it out at all instead of the "requesting manager", who basically is (supposed to be) the new hire's boss and not the HR dude.
This was the policy at a place I worked a few jobs ago. Nobody knew or audited what apps and permissions anyone else had. It was awful.

Super Slash
Feb 20, 2006

You rang ?
Going to harp on one more time about late hires, but it's beyond ridiculous.

Today me and a colleague got told we're getting another salesman hire coming in the building in 30 minutes, and he'll be needing an iPad and mobile phone ready to take away. Now I've pulled things out my rear end before, but I looked at the manager with a "You've got loving no chance mate" expression (To be be fair it was dumped on him just like us).

But in a :master: of luck the delivery guy came in to drop off two new shiny iPhones. Which I slapped together an account for email, download a couple apps, and test it can call out and the calendar works. Saving the bacon again, we were going to make a massive stink about it but got inundated with other stuff to do.

Slate Slabrock
Sep 12, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Not pissing me off...I yanked the very last gx280 out of training and broke it down for scrap.
I can't believe the lack of dust bunnies:

How the hell was this running for 10 years:

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Slate Slabrock posted:

Not pissing me off...I yanked the very last gx280 out of training and broke it down for scrap.
I can't believe the lack of dust bunnies:

How the hell was this running for 10 years:
Fixed for big, because zooming in on those is important.

TWBalls
Apr 16, 2003
My medication never lies
Speaking of old-rear end Dells, I just replaced an old GX270 that was running XP in the L&D unit because they kept bitching about it being slow and their systems are old, blah blah blah. Well, they haven't paid for any upgraded equipment for the entire time that I've been here, so they got a hand-me-down Optiplex 755 (WinVista) as a replacement.

Now they're complaining because our lovely SSO software doesn't automatically log them in to the lovely GE CPN software. It works on XP and GE claims it works on Win 7. We've yet to see it work on Windows 7 (or Vista). Our crappy new director is already wanting to cave in to the L&D director to put XP on it despite the fact that I've already explained that it's no longer supported and corporate office wants us off of XP. I had him email me that, in case someone above gets pissed that we're still putting out XP machines after being told not to.

Sir_Substance
Dec 13, 2013

The Macaroni posted:

A great idea, but a lot of the people are students who are here for academic terms, and the supervisors couldn't be troubled to calculate how long those are.

Basically it's a hundred different ways to say "The supervisors can't pay attention." :(

Morons who can't put the finishing date in correctly when it asks them in plain english get forced to calculate the date difference by hand :colbert:

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Wireless.

I have to support a location 100 miles away. Their internet is all wireless and it all sucks. Can't VNC as easily, especially since I have to through a VPN AND a server to do it. I lost connection to two computers I was working on. They're also unable to print even though I checked it myself yesterday when I was on site.

I really hope my boss puts the old guy back on this assignment. I loving hate it being bothered all the time and having to leave things hanging because there either isn't enough time or the LAN is so lovely that I can't work remotely.

meanieface
Mar 27, 2012

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.
Pissing me off: THE END OF THE MONTH. When I'm repeatedly asking for clarification and further information on what the hell is in column x, and explaining that I cannot finish development without this and nobody acts with any urgency.. I assume it's not important.

Guess what happened. It had to go live / be in production by the end of the month. I found out this morning. :rolleyes:

Not pissing me off: the people who dropped their poo poo and waited to leave work on a Friday before a long weekend so they could do their part in moving my code. And my boss, who loudly announced that it was beer time when Friday afternoon rolled about.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

skooma512 posted:

Wireless.

I have to support a location 100 miles away. Their internet is all wireless and it all sucks. Can't VNC as easily, especially since I have to through a VPN AND a server to do it. I lost connection to two computers I was working on.

For Windows use RDPv8 and set UDP mode. For Unix boxes use mosh for disconnected operation. Also make the VPN UDP based. Should perform fault recovery faster and more transparently. I do this for a site the other side of the planet.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Skex posted:

Blowing didn't do a thing though. The act of re-seating the connector was all that was needed. What happens is that you'll get a little bit of corrosion on the contacts. When you unplug it and plug it back in the friction cleans off that corrosion and gives you a better connection so it starts working. By blowing on it you add moisture and moisture plus copper plus current is bad.

I was kidding, don't worry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

What the gently caress is it with people and conflating "and" with "or"? I don't mean programming-wise, I mean when I send you instructions that say CONDITION A and CONDITION B must be met for THING to happen, that doesn't mean that you can get away with just meeting one of them. This is like, elementary school English.

I work supporting mostly small ecommerce sites (not development-wise, just the hosting side) and I am extremely convinced that reading comprehension is indeed a powerful skill alongside logic that most people do not have.

I am always amazed at how these people who manage to run a profitable business cannot understand our support replies or follow extremely basic instructions.

Most of the support roles I have turn into child management since I am pretty sure most people never become adults, they just remain ignorant retard children with responsibilities and their whining gets people to hold their hands when they should be probably be left in the gutter.