Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Irish Joe posted:

Not in a million years. Not for the movie. Not for the seventh season comic book. Not ever, or for any reason.

:10bux:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Irish Joe posted:

Not in a million years. Not for the movie. Not for the seventh season comic book. Not ever, or for any reason.

Quite a few people said the same thing about the show even coming back.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

GreenNight posted:

Yeah but those people were idiots

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for Donald to come back. Chevy? Yeah probably but not Don.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
The great thing about bringing Pierce back is that they can just say that his cult revived him, just like he always claimed :)

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

If a movie gets made would Sony still be the overlords? Because it's Sony who banned Pierce.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
You know how when you've got a hot girlfriend and suddenly you're in demand with all sorts of prospects, but the second you break up with her your prospects drop to zero? I thought that Donald Glover was going to be one of those guys. He kinda made it seem like he was quitting for all these opportunities. For example, we haven't heard anything about this FX sitcom he's supposed to write and star in for a year now.

But he's got a few films coming out, so I'm probably wrong.

In any case, I don't think he found the instant solo success he was hoping for, so him coming back wouldn't be that surprising.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

No, he is one of those guys.

I guess he was in Girls where he played The Only Black Boy in New York.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

PriorMarcus posted:

I guess he was in Girls where he played The Only Black Boy in New York.

For two whole episodes. And it's not like he had a huge part in either of them.

You'd be better served watching Mystery Team again.

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.

GreenNight posted:

Just FYI, you're replying to Comic Book Guy.

No, seriously, go back and read his posts in Comic Book Guy's voice. I promise it's worth it.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

UltraShame posted:

Just FYI, you're replying to Comic Book Guy.

No, seriously, go back and read his posts in Comic Book Guy's voice. I promise it's worth it.

Or use the ignore button on him. I'd argue that's also worth it.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

The Action Man posted:

Not as entertaining though.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

The Action Man posted:

It is very much worth it, but people quote him and then you're still somewhat subjected to him.
Still, it's an improvement when you hit that ignore!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ignoring people is streets behind

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Wee Bairns posted:

It is very much worth it, but people quote him and then you're still somewhat subjected to him.
Still, it's an improvement when you hit that ignore!

Wait, so you're saying I can call you a hypersensitive pussy who's so triggered by someone having a different opinion that you have to do the message board equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and humming to keep yourself from curling into the fetal position and crying yourself to sleep, and you would never know?

Works for me.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
God drat, did someone turn you up to 11?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

El Tortuga posted:

God drat, did someone turn you up to 11?
11 being two sticks up his rear end seems about right.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Its OK, irish joe, I still love you :glomp:

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Its OK, irish joe, I still love you :glomp:

Mixing this post with your avatar and caption is amusing and disturbing.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Its OK, irish joe, I still love you :unsmigghh:

FTFY

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Meatwave posted:

You know how when you've got a hot girlfriend and suddenly you're in demand with all sorts of prospects, but the second you break up with her your prospects drop to zero? I thought that Donald Glover was going to be one of those guys. He kinda made it seem like he was quitting for all these opportunities. For example, we haven't heard anything about this FX sitcom he's supposed to write and star in for a year now.

But he's got a few films coming out, so I'm probably wrong.

In any case, I don't think he found the instant solo success he was hoping for, so him coming back wouldn't be that surprising.

He was nominated for a couple VMAs and had a new single with Ariana Grande. I think he is doing OK

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

El Tortuga posted:

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but "Modern Warfare" is the season one paintball episode. "Paradigms of Human Memory" (the clip show) in season three has a clip to a noir-themed game of paintball that didn't actually happen. And season four's finale had paintball in it.

Do not recall this clip at all. But it's a second season episode I believe.

Frostwerks fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Aug 31, 2014

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!

Koalas March posted:

He was nominated for a couple VMAs and had a new single with Ariana Grande. I think he is doing OK

Well, he is the best rapper, definitely top five.

Frostwerks posted:

Do not recall this clip at all. But it's a second season episode I believe.

Season 3 clip show.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Sakarja posted:

Season 3 clip show.

Which episode is that? Because Paradigms is definitely season 2.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
"Curriculum Unavailable", season 3 episode 19.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME!

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Bown posted:

"Curriculum Unavailable", season 3 episode 19.

That's what I meant. Season one paintball is "Modern Warfare". Season two is the two-part finale. And season three is the second clip show, "Curriculum Unavailable", that has the clip of the black-and-white, gangster paintball game that never happened.

I got my fake clip episodes mixed up. A shameful Community fan.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/joelmchale/status/506808530653827073

It begins :getin:

Well, maybe. I hope.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Dan Harmon has said previously that writing starts on the 8th or 9th, so I don't know what McHale would be doing Community-wise other then some producing stuff?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

ashpanash posted:

Dan Harmon has said previously that writing starts on the 8th or 9th, so I don't know what McHale would be doing Community-wise other then some producing stuff?

Oh, really? In that case I guess it probably isn't Community-related, though I'm glad to hear that the writing begins soon.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yeah, filming won't start for two months.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

BreakAtmo posted:

Oh, really? In that case I guess it probably isn't Community-related, though I'm glad to hear that the writing begins soon.

Maybe he's helping write a couple episodes?

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!
Isn't the obvious answer that he's referring to the Soup? If I'm wrong, I guess there'll be a dramatic increase in Kardashian jokes in season 6.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Unless something's changed Joel usually just shows up on Wednesday morning for The Soup and they tape later that day.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
I'm rewatching Season 5 and catching some nice details. In the first episode, Abed's started imitating the reactions of people around him to fit in better, so he laughs/screams/etc. a fraction of a second after the rest of the group starts to. Dunno if that was Pudi or Harmon/writers/someone else, but it was a nice touch.

(That may have begun in Season 4, but I'm not checking.)

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy
I thought he was actually mocking them

Derv1sh
May 24, 2005

Oh, come on, don’t leave your Uncle Teabag hanging
So, you loving perverts, who has spied Annies Boobs amid this celeb icloud hack?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Derv1sh posted:

So, you loving perverts, who has spied Annies Boobs amid this celeb icloud hack?

I think I saw one photo floating around out there...

Derv1sh
May 24, 2005

Oh, come on, don’t leave your Uncle Teabag hanging
Two actually. But I'm not linking them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Derv1sh posted:

Two actually. But I'm not linking them.

And here I thought I was just continuing a joke... :geno: