Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Someone who actually knows this game's dynamics: do you actually have to own all three of a mech to elite something, or do you just have to have basic'd it in the past? I have 2 stalkers, both finished basic. Can I sell one and then finish eliting later, or do I need to own all three at a given time to get elite?

If it's the latter by the way that's bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

axelsoar posted:

BTW, still in a ghost unit, I want to have WoL unity with my featheren.

When was the last time you had this problem axelsoar? Was it before or after our datacenter move?

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
Axesoar still seems to be not in a unit. Was kind of wondering about that!

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Number19 posted:

When was the last time you had this problem axelsoar? Was it before or after our datacenter move?

Just got fixed, so we are all good, SQUAAAAAAWK.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

axelsoar posted:

Just got fixed, so we are all good, SQUAAAAAAWK.

I'm glad they were able to fix that for you.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Paramemetic posted:

Someone who actually knows this game's dynamics: do you actually have to own all three of a mech to elite something, or do you just have to have basic'd it in the past? I have 2 stalkers, both finished basic. Can I sell one and then finish eliting later, or do I need to own all three at a given time to get elite?

If it's the latter by the way that's bullshit.
I think it's the first way. Protip IIRC if they haven't changed it: For basics it has to be three of the same mech, for elites it's three of the same weight class. Which is kinda cool but also completely :pgi:

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

0/10 would not mech again :allears:

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Was doing some goon fights earlier, pretty fun times when teams are at a reasonable size and not everybody is using LRMs.

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

there is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist
I just want to you to know I hate all of you. In game name is Hoboskins invite me to the Homo for Robo club or whatever goons are calling themselves these days. I have no idea if they uncapped the friend list so I just removed a few people so you can friend me. Just waiting on being approved for the new super secret space industries club house.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Hoboskins posted:

I just want to you to know I hate all of you. In game name is Hoboskins invite me to the Homo for Robo club or whatever goons are calling themselves these days. I have no idea if they uncapped the friend list so I just removed a few people so you can friend me. Just waiting on being approved for the new super secret space industries club house.

The friends list limit was expanded (and might be uncapped, I'm not sure). I really should patch up and drop in some matches this weekend.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Number19 posted:

The friends list limit was expanded (and might be uncapped, I'm not sure). I really should patch up and drop in some matches this weekend.

You really should.

I originally stopped completely after I couldn't join any groups because 2.0 bugged out my massively spergy friendslist. Also, the game got kinda stale.

Anywho, I do like the change to expanding the groups and the different queues.

same mumble if you want to play your reg account.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
PGI managed to make me waste all my time and cbills since I had no way to check what loving robot I had skills in.

This is something they should address.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Paramemetic posted:

PGI managed to make me waste all my time and cbills since I had no way to check what loving robot I had skills in.

This is something they should address.

You should be able to see whether a mech is basic/elited/mastered on the skills screen, even if it's not owned. You can't go in and see the exact skills, but for the tier stuff you don't need to.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Cease to Hope posted:

Tell them to make it more fun.

e: Oh, and more good stuff instead of bad, tia

I don't have a lot of input into the stuff goons complain about. My influence is more on process improvements. Recent examples would be: upgrades to the build processes, revision control management, creating test machine zero touch reimaging scripts...the bulk of my work is on stuff you'd never see but that helps the devs work more efficiently.

Number19 fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Aug 30, 2014

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Number19 posted:

I don't have a lot of input into the stuff goons complain about. My influence is more on process improvements. Recent examples would be: upgrades to the build processes, revision control management, creating test machine zero touch reimaging scripts...the bulk of my work is on stuff you'd never see but that helps the devs work more efficiently.

I'm torn about this because while prima facie this sounds great, more efficiency for the devs really means more efficiency in implementing terrible Paul ideas instead of actually doing anything to unfuck the game. So maybe just focus on your server stuff instead?

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

WebDO posted:

I'm torn about this because while prima facie this sounds great, more efficiency for the devs really means more efficiency in implementing terrible Paul ideas instead of actually doing anything to unfuck the game. So maybe just focus on your server stuff instead?

Have you been counted recently?

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Excellent drop this night goons, won most of our matches, made some pubbies angry, had some goon-on-goon violence, good times. Also, 18 goons on at one point.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Number19 posted:

What is wrong with you? :stare:

After posting here for fourteen years, it'd probably be easier to answer 'what isn't?' :negative:

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Yeah I don't know if PGI is actually up and running on the new servers but I'm getting desyncs like whoa tonight. And twice I got CTDs, never had those before in MWO.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Someone invite me to WoL already.

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004
I believe in Jesus, our one Lord and GOD to be man's savior. Let us praise him at all times.
Yeah, I'm pretty amazed how many goons crawled out of their caves to come back to playing. We had 9 vs 9 shoot'n blue last night and the unit list is slowly starting to mimic the friends list.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
Had tons of fun last night despite the bullshit where I had to buy every Jenner to find out which one I hadn't basic'd. Good news is I will soon have lights mastered, which is good since modules are nice now.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
If you haven't played the Kit Fox Prime Trial Mech yet, get on that poo poo. It's hilarious tearing apart IS Heavies and Assaults with it.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

TeeMerk posted:

Have you been counted recently?

No, because I actually have willpower.

Now if they'd remove ghost heat, I'd probably cave and be as terrible as you guys helping to provide content to the people dumb enough to put money into the game. :ohdear:

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

WebDO posted:

No, because I actually have willpower.

Now if they'd remove ghost heat, I'd probably cave and be as terrible as you guys helping to provide content to the people dumb enough to put money into the game. :ohdear:

As long as you don't run a bucket loads of ppcs or lasers ghost heat isn't really a thing. My lunchback has not suffered. 6 ML, 2 MPL, 1 SL.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
Yeah I've actually run my lunchback as well and as long as you keep it to 4 lasers at a time it's fine.

Ghost heat is terrible for a lot of reasons, but at least it makes the game slightly more nuanced than alpha strikes.

Except clan players who can spam alphas that core out lights and lesser mediums instantly.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Kazvall posted:

As long as you don't run a bucket loads of ppcs or lasers ghost heat isn't really a thing. My lunchback has not suffered. 6 ML, 2 MPL, 1 SL.

I only say probably because there are also the horrible things like UI 2.0, ghost damage, the clan situation, the design principle that is clearly set against brawling, etc., etc.

Basically until someone fires Paul or miraculously cures him of whatever mental disease from which he suffers I'm likely going to not shame myself or my family by returning to robutts.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

WebDO posted:

I only say probably because there are also the horrible things like UI 2.0, ghost damage, the clan situation, the design principle that is clearly set against brawling, etc., etc.

Basically until someone fires Paul or miraculously cures him of whatever mental disease from which he suffers I'm likely going to not shame myself or my family by returning to robutts.

If you're japanese and the family honor is that important, I can understand. But, you're probably a pasty faced white boy who should be stomping around in mechs with mechbros. :colbert:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Don't you dare bring shame to WebDO's ancestral katana Dao!

If anyone still remembers this reference, I will be amazed.

RalphyNoPants
Jul 5, 2012
Slosh ops tonight?

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

RalphyNoPants posted:

Slosh ops tonight?
Slosh ops every-night.

Selim Sivad
Sep 2, 2008

by Ralp
Might start playing this poo poo pile again because I hate myself. I think a bunch of goons are still in my buddies list, but I don't have the mumble info anymore. that should probably be in the OP.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
Yeah I'm down for tonight. Gotta finish eliting one, maybe 2 Jenners so I can have master poo poo.

OptimusWang
Jul 9, 2007

Kazvall posted:

By bucket loads you mean more than 2, right? Because that's where ghost heat kicks in for PPCs, large lasers, etc. For my favorite weapon, the AC20, it's more than 1 :smith:

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

OptimusWang posted:

By bucket loads you mean more than 2, right? Because that's where ghost heat kicks in for PPCs, large lasers, etc. For my favorite weapon, the AC20, it's more than 1 :smith:

Yeah, it can be a whore. Just don't fire em at once, as much as you want to.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Kazvall posted:

Yeah, it can be a whore. Just don't fire em at once, as much as you want to.

So your argument is that ghost heat isn't a lovely mechanic because ___?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

WebDO posted:

So your argument is that ghost heat isn't a lovely mechanic because ___?

It's lovely if you have builds that you used to enjoy that no longer work. If you don't use those builds, it doesn't exist. It is a lovely mechanic.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Although my major gripe with this game was poptarting, after the srm nerf, which I don't see any of anymore.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Kazvall posted:

It's lovely if you have builds that you used to enjoy that no longer work. If you don't use those builds, it doesn't exist. It is a lovely mechanic.

It's a lovely mechanic because it, in no way, impacts the issue it was implemented to solve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Wales Grey posted:

It's a lovely mechanic because it, in no way, impacts the issue it was implemented to solve.

Nor any of the three or four subsequent issues they claimed it was meant to solve as each prior claim was serially debunked.

• Locked thread