Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Ernie. posted:

'why is a fake-claim good mafia play, capps, hMmmM?!!!?!'

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Magnus Gallant posted:

lol

It's like four words are not a thought process. Unless you literally put two thoughts together in your head and they were "fake claim" and then you pressed submit.

yeah that is exactly what happened dumbass

Ixtlilton posted:

capps answer the question.

jesus christ what is wrong with you people

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Kumbamontu posted:

Because unconfirmed masonries are stupid and if Hal is scum he's not going to be the type of player to accidentally reveal it in a mason doc

i agree you couldn't force someone on their first game to tip their hands; you'll never get it out of hal

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
all magnus was going to do with that fake claim was cause a big stupid distraction

ohhhhhhhhhh waiiiiiiiiiiit

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

kumba, do you truly believe that all unconfirmed masonries have one good person and one bad person

also, without giving away too much, does it make sense for your flavor to be masons with someone else?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

mr.capps posted:

all magnus was going to do with that fake claim was cause a big stupid distraction

ohhhhhhhhhh waiiiiiiiiiiit

he dodged my roleblocker question by feigning misunderstanding

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Ernie. posted:

kumba, do you truly believe that all unconfirmed masonries have one good person and one bad person

also, without giving away too much, does it make sense for your flavor to be masons with someone else?

my reasoning for thinking Pan is scum has little to do with the fact that we were in an unconfirmed masonry together

and no, my flavor does not make much sense to have a mason, unless pan's flavor was from the same cartoon I guess but he didn't say anything

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Because all I talked about all night was killing ernie and then I was blocked and couldn't get an action off. Fake claiming I had an investigation rather than a kill and that I got that investigation off would do two things 1.)It would put pressure on ernie through other players voting for him based off my investigation 2.) it might tip me off to the player (or players if it was the scum team that did it) that blocked me.

But you decide to cut that off before it can even begin to develop. So I'd like to know why you did it and why you thought you were making a good mafia play. Like what would come out of cutting off a potentially controversial investigation that a large portion of the game would have had to weigh in on and give opinions on.

Now all we have to chat about is an argument between you and myself.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Ernie. posted:

'why is a fake-claim good mafia play, capps, hMmmM?!!!?!'

That's just mean ernie

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Magnus Gallant posted:

Because all I talked about all night was killing ernie and then I was blocked and couldn't get an action off. Fake claiming I had an investigation rather than a kill and that I got that investigation off would do two things 1.)It would put pressure on ernie through other players voting for him based off my investigation 2.) it might tip me off to the player (or players if it was the scum team that did it) that blocked me.

But you decide to cut that off before it can even begin to develop. So I'd like to know why you did it and why you thought you were making a good mafia play. Like what would come out of cutting off a potentially controversial investigation that a large portion of the game would have had to weigh in on and give opinions on.

Now all we have to chat about is an argument between you and myself.

wow that is a dumb plan
im glad i stopped it

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

mr.capps posted:

wow that is a dumb plan
im glad i stopped it

Cool, good chat.

Ima kill you tonight.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Magnus Gallant posted:

Cool, good chat.

Ima kill you tonight.

:rolleyes:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i was joking before but man you really are a mafia boner

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

magnus: if you were roleblocked by scum but i was town, neither of those things would have happened, yes?

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

mr.capps posted:

i was joking before but man you really are a mafia boner

mafia boner doesn't even make sense.

I have never been more confused talking to someone in a mafia game before

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
magnus will you still be trying to kill me tonight if ernie isn't lynch this day

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

hey capps, big nothing is still faking not reading the thread, and also there is a mysterious gulag vote on me

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

mr.capps posted:

magnus will you still be trying to kill me tonight if ernie isn't lynch this day

oops capps scum-slipped

he meant 'is' not 'isn't'

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
no i meant isn't

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

mr.capps posted:

no i meant isn't

but if i'm not killed today, magnus still 'won't know my alignment' and he'll still 'harbor bad guy vibes towards you'

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Have you guys set the date yet?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Ernie. posted:

but if i'm not killed today, magnus still 'won't know my alignment' and he'll still 'harbor bad guy vibes towards you'

Exactly. Scum roleblocker ernie, it would only allow the kill if I am town or 3p. Therefore magnus is basically saying "hey i am going to kill you even though you are practically innocent"

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

mr.capps posted:

Exactly. Scum roleblocker ernie, it would only allow the kill if I am town or 3p. Therefore magnus is basically saying "hey i am going to kill you even though you are practically innocent"

sucks dont it

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

mr.capps posted:

You actually don't know how my role works, so maybe you don't fully know what I'm doing

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Another thing:
If it was scum who roleblocked you Magnus, they would know your cop claim is total BS.
If it was town you would just be loving with everybody.

I have no idea why you haven't jump to the conclusion I am scum buddies with ernie who knew your claim was faked and counter claim it.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Magnus Gallant posted:

You actually don't know how my role works, so maybe you don't fully know what I'm doing

i am spooked

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
magnus who on your team put the mysterious vote on ernie?

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

mr.capps posted:

magnus who on your team put the mysterious vote on ernie?

gulag

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

I'm reading, and angry ernie is scum! :v:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

scum slip

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

mr.capps posted:

scum slip

wops

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
of course i am not saying magnus and gulag are both scum but rather if magnus is town he would have no way of knowing gulag is town too

case close wrap this day up folks

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

mr.capps posted:

of course i am not saying magnus and gulag are both scum but rather if magnus is town he would have no way of knowing gulag is town too

are you typing words in the correct order? Like are you trying to be confusing.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Magnus Gallant posted:

are you typing words in the correct order? Like are you trying to be confusing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrtl41oZxOA
TURBO TURBO TURBO!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Big Nothing posted:

I'm reading, and angry ernie is scum! :v:

no! :v:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
"i am going to kill capps tonight but not vote for him this day"

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

mr.capps posted:

i'm kind of distracted so i can't look over the whole dumb slap fight (though magnus sure looks bad!!)

but this is a dumb argument. you asked "who placed the vote". vote finder says gulag. magnus says gulag. that's not a scum slip, it's just magnus saying "the vote is from gulag".

the "your team" bit was irrelevant to the question.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
ughg so much posting

*farts into the sunset

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I will avatar bet with anyone that Mags isn't scum here. I'll also throw in Mills, TT, and derp to make it fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Pinterest Mom posted:

i'm kind of distracted so i can't look over the whole dumb slap fight (though magnus sure looks bad!!)

but this is a dumb argument. you asked "who placed the vote". vote finder says gulag. magnus says gulag. that's not a scum slip, it's just magnus saying "the vote is from gulag".

the "your team" bit was irrelevant to the question.

i am prodding him its not a real argument

• Locked thread