Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Kvlt! posted:

How was anyone not mentioned Taake

Give the Hordalands Doedskvad album a listen.

Taake is totally worth mentioning if only for Noregs Vaapen. And really only for 'Myr'. (though the rest of the album isn't too bad either)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

dreffen posted:

Taake is totally worth mentioning if only for Noregs Vaapen. And really only for 'Myr'. (though the rest of the album isn't too bad either)

This. More black metal songs need banjo solos.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

dreffen posted:

Make your mind up bro, first it's only that album that's worth mentioning and then only one song off it.

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional
Any discussion about Taake that isn't mentioning Nattestid is pretty ridiculous. Even Hoest privately thinks he's probably never going to top that and Over Bjoergvin.

The opening riff is still one of the most evocative out of Norway.

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

The Clit Avoider posted:

Any discussion about Taake that isn't mentioning Nattestid is pretty ridiculous. Even Hoest privately thinks he's probably never going to top that and Over Bjoergvin.

It isn't interesting music if there isn't a loving uke or kazoo or curry farts shoehorned in it for no good reason

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

The Clit Avoider posted:

Over Bjoergvin is my personal favourite.

Monkeytime posted:

Falls of Rauros is great, I actually prefer their side of their split with Panopticon.

I just got turned on to Chaos Moon the other day. They're from Philly and their singer/guitarist recently joined Krieg, which is how I found out about them. Really good poo poo, these guys may be a keeper.

http://chaosmoon.bandcamp.com/

Agreed re: Panopticon/Falls of Rauros split, but I love the new Panopticon.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Taake/Hoest does a weird thing, most noticeable on Nattestid where he completely ducks the sound of the crash cymbal sometimes, mid crash. It's very distracting to me for some reason.

apophenium fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Aug 26, 2014

Joe
Dec 2, 2002

Sit perfectly still. Only I may dance.
I got into Taake via Noregs Vaapen, thought it was head and shoulders above the other records. But after listening to Hordalands Doedskvad a whole lot, it's definitely eclipsed it as my favourite of theirs.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

A human heart posted:

Make your mind up bro, first it's only that album that's worth mentioning and then only one song off it.

I can't make up my mind because I get really caught up in Myr when that banjo solo hits.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
There's a new Anaal Nathrakh track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q23j7tJTgg0. It's got hints of industrial, catchy riffs, and bombastic clean singing, so all the makings of a good AN song. I'm pretty stoked for the new album now.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Memoria Vetusta 3 cover art. Necrolord strikes again.

I cannot express how much I want this.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Gamma Nerd posted:

Memoria Vetusta 3 cover art. Necrolord strikes again.

I cannot express how much I want this.

Cannot wait! MV I and II are 2 of the best BAN releases.

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
New Anaal Nathrakh song is growing on me. Passion wasn't that great but Vanitas was, I like the new song, I'm excited for the new album.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

The Clit Avoider posted:

Any discussion about Taake that isn't mentioning Nattestid is pretty ridiculous.

Pretty much this for that dude who is just getting into black metal.

I'm a huge gorgoroth fanboy, antichrist and pentagram are essential albums. I've been listening to a lot of craft again too, gently caress the universe and void.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

double postin'

it's very likely that you turned me on to sepulchre, and it is a shame that they broke up. even with the threat of new megiddo material, i still listen to this album regularly.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That's a gorgeous cover

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
Debut album by Sinmara streaming here. http://andfari.com/2014/08/28/sinmara-streyma-aphotic-womb-a-andfara/ The band includes members of Svartidaudi and Wormlust so it's probably good, only on the 2nd track so far. Iceland is killing it at the moment. Metalsucks (I know, I know) had a good roundup of some of the bands from Eistnaflug (Icelandic metal festival) recently. http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/08/21/necrolust-best-eistnaflug/

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

What a coincidence, I soundteched Sinmara at the Beyond the Gates festival yesterday.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Fides Inversa posted:

Thus exult!

It's with a honest spirit of pride that we announce that "Mysterium Tremendum et Fascinans" will be released on October 31st by World Terror Committee.

Amen.

My hype levels are off the charts. Hanc Aciem Sola Retundit Virtus (The Algolagnia Divine) is one of my favorite records.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Idol is pretty much exactly what I want from Anaal Nathrakh. So long as they continue to stay more Vanitas, or any album other than Passion, really, I can dig.

That BAN cover kicks rear end. Edit: and it inspired me to pop in Memoria Vetusta II, goddamn that album is good.

bij fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Aug 31, 2014

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Potential BFF posted:

That BAN cover kicks rear end. Edit: and it inspired me to pop in Memoria Vetusta II, goddamn that album is good.

Disciple's Libration (Lost in the Nine Worlds) is a good candidate for my favorite black metal song ever.

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

Kvlt! posted:

You know this is the BLACK METAL thread right?

Speaking of goofy, anybody seen Immortal live? If so how were they?

Several times. Their front of house technician is a friend of mine. They are really great live.

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010
The new Krieg album, Transient, is streaming over at Stereogum. It's killer, one of the best this year on first listen.

http://www.stereogum.com/1701478/stream-krieg-transient-stereogum-premiere/mp3s/album-stream/

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals
Its nice I guess, I dont know how to feel about it.

At first it seems sort of boring then it gets good and then the records momentum is a bit broken by Winter which is kind of an odd song for this album. It sounds so much like Swans I imagine its what it would sound like if Michael Gira decided to make black metal. Not sure if thats good or bad yet. Ruin our lives has a weird middle part that in my opinion works ok but then Home is so goddamn cheesy and lame it almost ruins the whole thing for me. Yea this is black metal and its dumb and goofy but i cringed so hard while listening to that i think i broke something in my face.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
Wow, Century Media just stepped up big time to clear the issues with all the pre-orders of 'The World We Left Behind' directly from Blake.

Century Media Steps Up To Help Fans Ripped Off By Nachtmystium’s Blake Judd

Century Media Records are stepping up to the plate after Nachtmystium singer Blake Judd allegedly ripped off fans on pre-orders for Nachtmystium‘s newest album, “The World We Left Behind“. As the below statement reveals, the classy move on the labels part also signifies the end of their relationship with the band.

“Century Media Records understands that many people have not received their copies of ‘The World We Left Behind‘ even though they pre-ordered the album directly from front-man, Blake Judd. We know that this is not only frustrating but also a let down to the fans of the band. So, we’d like to help out in this situation and deliver the fans their pre-ordered copies on the format that they ordered.

Please e-mail us at: nachtmystiumorders@centurymedia.com with proof of your order and we will get you your copy of the album on the format(s) that you ordered them on. We just ask that this e-mail address be used for issues with ‘The World We Left Behind‘ band direct pre-order issues only. Blake will not be reading any of the e-mails and we will not be forwarding any e-mails about other items that Blake sold through his personal pages or the NACHTMYSTIUM Facebook page.

‘The World We Left Behind‘ also marks the last album NACHTMYSTIUM has with Century Media Records. We wish Blake Judd the best of luck with all future endeavors, both musically and personally.”

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hahah Blake's Nachtmystium FB page is gone. What a loving scumbag

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
Lol that anyone would still try to order something straight from Blake Judd.

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

I love that there's a facebook page full of people stalking Blake and taking pictures of him but are too pussy to actually confront him

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

m-o-o-n posted:

I love that there's a facebook page full of people stalking Blake and taking pictures of him but are too pussy to actually confront him

Metalfans.txt

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoHMgHj8vsk

Been blasting this track (and the EP it's from) a lot this week, so I thought I'd share. A concept piece about a famine. Self described Pure Wisconsin Black Metal.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Wow, Century Media just stepped up big time to clear the issues with all the pre-orders of 'The World We Left Behind' directly from Blake.

Century Media Steps Up To Help Fans Ripped Off By Nachtmystium’s Blake Judd

Century Media Records are stepping up to the plate after Nachtmystium singer Blake Judd allegedly ripped off fans on pre-orders for Nachtmystium‘s newest album, “The World We Left Behind“. As the below statement reveals, the classy move on the labels part also signifies the end of their relationship with the band.

“Century Media Records understands that many people have not received their copies of ‘The World We Left Behind‘ even though they pre-ordered the album directly from front-man, Blake Judd. We know that this is not only frustrating but also a let down to the fans of the band. So, we’d like to help out in this situation and deliver the fans their pre-ordered copies on the format that they ordered.

Please e-mail us at: nachtmystiumorders@centurymedia.com with proof of your order and we will get you your copy of the album on the format(s) that you ordered them on. We just ask that this e-mail address be used for issues with ‘The World We Left Behind‘ band direct pre-order issues only. Blake will not be reading any of the e-mails and we will not be forwarding any e-mails about other items that Blake sold through his personal pages or the NACHTMYSTIUM Facebook page.

‘The World We Left Behind‘ also marks the last album NACHTMYSTIUM has with Century Media Records. We wish Blake Judd the best of luck with all future endeavors, both musically and personally.”

Sweet.

When we were on Century, they always treated us so well and were the most legit nice dudes ever. The fact that anyone could take advantage of them just goes to show how lovely Blake really is.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

New Varathron: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6VuXgpi39M

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
Slagmaur is coming.

EvilMoJoJoJo
Dec 9, 2004

ask me about leaving the cult of black metal and bringing jesus into your life

Job 19:17
New Darkspace and I'm so happy I could cry.

https://avantgardemusic.bandcamp.com/album/dark-space-iii-i

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Yesssss I can't wait to drive home to this.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

COOL CORN posted:

Yesssss I can't wait to drive home to this.

update: it loving rules.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

COOL CORN posted:

update: it loving rules.

Yeah, drat, definitely one of the best releases this year.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
Dark 4.19 is something else

drat

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad
Good read: http://noisey.vice.com/blog/neill-krieg-blake-judd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Misandry Cannon
Mar 7, 2012
Gotta say, Enthroning the Bonds of Abhorrence is the poo poo. Probably my favorite black metal release of the year so far.