Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oh Snapalope
Aug 17, 2009
We are getting Tsundroid soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat
Chapter 64 up on various sites.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Oh man, she coulda pulled it off. :(

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Pierson posted:

Oh man, she coulda pulled it off. :(

I'm not so sure about that. It seems to me that Ochiai was probably going to take over whether Tsumugi managed to calm the chimera down or not. Still, it doesn't change the fact that sucker punching him just when someone had managed to calm him down is pretty horrible.

I wouldn't be very surprised if Tsumugi was wary of the captain from now on. And if Tsumugi is wary, Tanikaze would probably be with her.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Just finished reading the manga for this last night, and was amazed at what a total harem series it is. Nihei and Akamatsu should collaborate sometime.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Ochiai Was Right

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
You wonder how much of Sidonia Ochiai is going to destroy now since there is no working counter to the 'superstructure'. Can't see Kobayashi surviving, Ochiai's going to want some revenge for 100 years imprisonment.

Were Ochiai's aims ever clear though, apart from for humans to survive they have to evolve to a higher life form? Does he have to murder all remaining humans to prove his point?

Probably will be resolved in the next few chapters anyway.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Sydnesider posted:

You wonder how much of Sidonia Ochiai is going to destroy now since there is no working counter to the 'superstructure'. Can't see Kobayashi surviving, Ochiai's going to want some revenge for 100 years imprisonment.

Were Ochiai's aims ever clear though, apart from for humans to survive they have to evolve to a higher life form? Does he have to murder all remaining humans to prove his point?

Probably will be resolved in the next few chapters anyway.

Last time he was just going to leave sidonia. He threw away their kabi so that they couldn't chase him down and kill him and because he believed the gauna were attacking sidonia to try and get the kabi. Then his chimera malfunctioned/went berserk and gauna attacked sidonia and everything went to hell.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
New chapter and some poo poo is going down. kinda disappointed we didn't get a shot of what the inside of the hull looks like after they shot through it to get at Ochiai. Poor box is getting some abuse. And Chimera-Ochiai looks badass.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ok, that was an excellent chapter. I wonder how many years did Tanikaze sleep?

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
I wonder why Ochiai wants to destroy sidonia seems entirely unnecessary.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

.Clash posted:

I wonder why Ochiai wants to destroy sidonia seems entirely unnecessary.

Because they are a threat, who know what kind of rear end-kicking stuff will they have in ten million years (And he is a petty fucker).

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
He also finds humans disgusting and imperfect

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

trucutru posted:

Because they are a threat, who know what kind of rear end-kicking stuff will they have in ten million years (And he is a petty fucker).

To expand on this, he was pretty content to leave Sidonia to die and go his own way last time(albeit stealing the Kabi so they wouldn't have a weapon that worked on his then-imperfect Chimera), but that turned out pretty loving badly for him. He's out to clean up the loose ends this time. They have a weapon that can kill him, after all.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Aug 30, 2014

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Pierson posted:

New chapter and some poo poo is going down. kinda disappointed we didn't get a shot of what the inside of the hull looks like after they shot through it to get at Ochiai. Poor box is getting some abuse. And Chimera-Ochiai looks badass.

When they mentioned the second Graviton Beam Emitter I knew exactly what was going to happen, with a GBE the definition of "Line of Sight" becomes rather malleable. :hellyeah:

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
That timeskip :wtc: Did Nihei just skip the Large Mass Union Ship fight and the war is over?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Maybe Sidonia just has really aggressive hyper-kudzu and it's been like a week.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Sep 1, 2014

Kalion
Jul 23, 2004

:gifttank:
Panzer vor!
New chapter Guess the time skip was only about a couple days or so.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Tanikaze is history's greatest monster. Don't cheat on Tsumugi. :mad:

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
I'm not sure Tanikaze is very wise. I doubt he spent the night with the captain but he stood Lala up! Not very healthy standing up a BEAR.

Looks like the overgrown house was a fakeout, guess the weeds grow very quickly. Shaping up to be a Ochiai Vs Type 20 final battle, with all the GBE's off to fight the Gauna.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.
That's one expressive fuckin' bear face in the last panel of the chapter.

I wonder why the captain told Tanikaze everything then and there.

I think I'm also a bit confused as to where and why we are right now. I got sidetracked by Ochiai - would someone mind summarizing what was going on around Ochiai that they're now getting back to?

Factory Factory fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Oct 3, 2014

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009
I find it fascinating the second highest casualties on Sidonia come from her evasive maneuvers.

GloriousDemon fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Oct 17, 2014

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Factory Factory posted:

I think I'm also a bit confused as to where and why we are right now. I got sidetracked by Ochiai - would someone mind summarizing what was going on around Ochiai that they're now getting back to?

They're setting up for their attack on the huge gauna flagship. During that setup the Captain decided to destroy the second chimera, so Ochiai said gently caress it and sprung his plan early and merged himself with the second chimera and was then driven off. Tanikaze was then kept behind for reasons we don't know yet("Sidonia defense") while everyone else set off to go fight the gauna flagship.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I'm pretty sure Tanikaze was knocked out into a small coma as a result of the whole Ochiai incident and they decided to just go on without him?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
you just know there's gonna be a scene where the assault force is in trouble getting their asses whipped and then suddenly Tanikaze and his giant bio-titan girlfriend just fuckin' blast past all of them in the new Type 20 in a big two-page spread and it's going to rule really hard

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
**Oh, there's an anime thread, I'll go there. Never mind!

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!

Pierson posted:

you just know there's gonna be a scene where the assault force is in trouble getting their asses whipped and then suddenly Tanikaze and his giant bio-titan girlfriend just fuckin' blast past all of them in the new Type 20 in a big two-page spread and it's going to rule really hard

Of course we get blueballed about seeing the Type 20. I guess it will have to wait.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anyone happen to know when the next issue of this is coming out? I always seem to find out about manga while they are going on some stupid long hiatus or something. :sigh:

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

I don't know what the release schedule is like, but as far as I know it doesn't matter since the series isn't being scanalated as fast as it's being released.

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
New chapter up. Tsumugi :ohdear:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
That's a thug face, ready to go thuggin'. She's fine.

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
Sidonia 68

All those redshirt lives snuffed out, RIP second fleet. I hope Tsumugi can regenerate, once again.

Airflamer
Jan 21, 2012

wow that story was super amazingly awesome, im not even joking right now

Grimey Drawer
Chapter 69 is up

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
At this rate the Type 20 is going to need to be a goddamn super saiyan to save the day.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
That doesn't seem too far fetched, given the power creep in the series so far.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Avulsion posted:

That doesn't seem too far fetched, given the power creep in the series so far.

Yeah, pretty much. At the start of the series a single isolated gauna was an existential threat that required scrambling basically the entire Guardian fleet of Sidonia to simply distract it long enough for them to spear it. Since then we've progressed to Sidonia producing battleship fleets and fielding massed swarms of robots with rapid-fire gauna killing cannons.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Isn't the type 20 going to have something like that mega structure stuff built into it?

Wookie Bouquet
Jan 27, 2013

Too tsundere to drive.
Has there been anyone keeping track of the time pass since the start of the series? It feels like the order of years, but I'm not too sure.

Also what is the deal with the new introducing new characters. Feels like we have a larger cast than all of Nihei's earlier works combined (at least on the protagonist side).

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Wookie Bouquet posted:

Also what is the deal with the new introducing new characters. Feels like we have a larger cast than all of Nihei's earlier works combined (at least on the protagonist side).

Redshirts are people too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Well his earlier works barely have characters at all, so that's not hard.

• Locked thread