Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Deadpool, weren't you meant to be stepping down? What happened? Just curious, not complaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

PriorMarcus posted:

Deadpool, weren't you meant to be stepping down? What happened? Just curious, not complaining.
Deadpool was done.

He said all his goodbyes, he closed all the right threads, he tied all the loose ends.

But the wind whispered…Irish Joe

Deadpool unpacked.

He would never be done.

Anyway, Selfie is loving terrible. It's like an Aaron Sorkin wet dream of misogyny, crotchety old-manisms, and casual racism. I hope someone sets this shitheap on fire so the talent can move onto anything else.

Forever is goofy as hell but entertaining. It's like Believe but not as hardcore.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

PriorMarcus posted:

The promotion at his job was less strenuous than he expected so he didn't have to back down from mod duties.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I've just watched the first episode of Intruders, that is some good TV. Lots of intrigue, some immediate answers, and solid acting all around.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Is it gross at all? Asking because the gf quit watching The Strain due to that. I heard Utopia can be pretty graphic.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Zaggitz posted:

The promotion at his job was less strenuous than he expected so he didn't have to back down from mod duties.

I thought most people come here to blow off steam. The idea that someone didn't think they could balance their fake online responsibilities with their real life responsibilities is absolutely mind-boggling.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Irish Joe posted:

I thought most people come here to blow off steam. The idea that someone didn't think they could balance their fake online responsibilities with their real life responsibilities is absolutely mind-boggling.

This place is serious business to a large number of people.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Irish Joe posted:

Yelling at Game of Thrones fans is a lot of work

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Slamhound posted:

Anyway, Selfie is loving terrible. It's like an Aaron Sorkin wet dream of misogyny, crotchety old-manisms, and casual racism. I hope someone sets this shitheap on fire so the talent can move onto anything else.

I see we're getting a head start on Newsroom-thread shitposting this year.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

PriorMarcus posted:

He went mad with power.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Irish Joe posted:

With my new job I am literally on call 24/7 so I didn't know exactly what that would entail at the time or how much free time I would have. I don't spend much time on this forum, or online in general, to begin with so I stepped down because I figured I wouldn't be around much at all so there was no point in me being a mod. Turns out so far nothing has really changed that much due to my job. But the actual reason I'm still here was because OSG asked me to stay on for a couple months because he wasn't going to be around due to some stuff he has going on.

PriorMarcus posted:

This place is serious business to a large number of people.

A large number of people are pretty dumb.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Oh poo poo, Person of Interest Season 3 was awesome. As much as I love character driven stuff like Rectify, I love it when a show just barrels through story and isn't afraid to just go with it. It also helps that PoI has pretty great characters, even Caveziel has warmed on me.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Now that True Blood has wrapped up, should I bother watching season 7? Bear in mind that I have loved every season of the show with the possible exception of the middle third of season... 4, I think? Was that the really boring one?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

precision posted:

Now that True Blood has wrapped up, should I bother watching season 7?

Do you like Hoyt? Do you like Tara's mom? Does Jason not having sex with a woman interest you? If you could pick any character to end up with Sookie, would you have chosen Dexter?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, you will love season 7.

Irish Joe fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Aug 31, 2014

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I stopped watching after AIDS burger should I continue

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

precision posted:

Now that True Blood has wrapped up, should I bother watching season 7? Bear in mind that I have loved every season of the show with the possible exception of the middle third of season... 4, I think? Was that the really boring one?

Might as well finish it. I mean if the dumb poo poo in 5 and 6 didn't scare you off you won't be scared off with 7 just being a lazy wet fart.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Might as well finish it. I mean if the dumb poo poo in 5 and 6 didn't scare you off you won't be scared off with 7 just being a lazy wet fart.
Season 7 is something I would not recommend despite recommending 5 and 6 which were still good in most respects. In retrospect, season 7 felt like True Blood was flickering to life at certain points but never really came to long enough to make a good impression.

Whereas half of Dexter was poo poo, so True Blood technically wins also.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Deadpool posted:

But the actual reason I'm still here was because OSG asked me to stay on for a couple months because he wasn't going to be around due to some stuff he has going on.

Prison? :ohdear:

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006

GreenNight posted:

Is it gross at all? Asking because the gf quit watching The Strain due to that. I heard Utopia can be pretty graphic.

Utopia is sporadically pretty graphic. People getting shot in the head and their brains splattering out of the exit wound, etc. But it's not really something they focus on or have a lot of. I'd guess at least half of the episodes have nothing of the sort happen.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I think he was asking about Intruders.

But Utopia is very graphic. In the first or second episode you see a guy get his head hit with a pipe and the blood goes everywhere. And someone gets tortured by getting salt and chili peppers rubbed into their eyes.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

DrVenkman posted:

Oh poo poo, Person of Interest Season 3 was awesome. As much as I love character driven stuff like Rectify, I love it when a show just barrels through story and isn't afraid to just go with it. It also helps that PoI has pretty great characters, even Caveziel has warmed on me.

Come to the thread, friend! We are nice.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic
Yeah, I'm not really sure how you could consider Utopia anything but graphic. The torture scene Mu Zeta mentions is the reason why I stopped watching. I admit I'm squeamish about these things, and it IS a great show from everything I've heard. But let's not pretend that it's not violent.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I appreciate the posts. I think I'll watch it at my own, but yeah I was asking about Intruders.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I started watching Arrow because I heard some not terrible things about it. I like it so far. Everyone is also so pretty.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

DominoDancing posted:

Yeah, I'm not really sure how you could consider Utopia anything but graphic. The torture scene Mu Zeta mentions is the reason why I stopped watching. I admit I'm squeamish about these things, and it IS a great show from everything I've heard. But let's not pretend that it's not violent.

It gets even more hosed up than the first episode? I think I need to put Utopia on the front burner.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Irish Joe posted:

There are multiple forums populated with disgruntled former members of this forum whose sole purpose is to plot the demise of this forum.

That should tell you all you need to know about most people that come here.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

speaking of please visit my new treehouse, forums.stopraddittsposting.net (.com was taken)

now you might make an assumption based on its name, but we're actually really welcoming to new visitors

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

IRQ posted:

Prison? :ohdear:

Depends on your point of view.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Congrats to OSG for getting married.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

IRQ posted:

He went mad with power.

Course he did. Ever go mad without power? It's boring.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Deadpool posted:

I finished watching the new Amazon pilots and the only one I really liked was Red Oaks. I hope it gets picked up because after Mozart in the Jungle and Bosch that'll make three shows on Amazon that I'll be really looking forward to now.
What did you think of The Cosmopolitans? I wasn't 100% on it (think the shortened time hurt it), but I think I'd catch it if Whit Stillman's set to carry the whole thing.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Toxxupation posted:

speaking of please visit my new treehouse, forums.stopraddittsposting.net (.com was taken)

now you might make an assumption based on its name, but we're actually really welcoming to new visitors

Why don't you do all your posting on that site then instead of this one

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Harlock posted:

I started watching Arrow because I heard some not terrible things about it. I like it so far. Everyone is also so pretty.

It fits the some wheelhouse as Person of Interest for me. It throws caution to the wind and instead of pulling back just keeps going. It does falter though and the show still has no idea what to do with Laurel. Their reluctance to kill her off made me think they were building to something with her but...no. Just be prepared to get through some soap opera tedium before a really good run of Season 2 episodes.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Anyone who was on the fence about The Strain, it's really starting to come together. It definitely takes about 4 episodes to set things up, get characters together, and really get moving, but it's pretty drat fun now.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Doom Goon posted:

What did you think of The Cosmopolitans? I wasn't 100% on it (think the shortened time hurt it), but I think I'd catch it if Whit Stillman's set to carry the whole thing.
For me I had never heard of Whit Stillman, plus I was having a lovely headache all day when I watched it but I liked the change of scenery (do they really shoot in Paris? If they don't could've fooled me) and pace from what I usually watch. I'm sure it would do more for people who are fans of him though.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

DrVenkman posted:

It fits the some wheelhouse as Person of Interest for me. It throws caution to the wind and instead of pulling back just keeps going. It does falter though and the show still has no idea what to do with Laurel. Their reluctance to kill her off made me think they were building to something with her but...no. Just be prepared to get through some soap opera tedium before a really good run of Season 2 episodes.

Laurel is a CW soup holdover at this point from before DC took more active involvement in the shows direction.

If you can get beyond the CW soapness of the first season its great

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Was she in anything besides Supernatural before Arrow? I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

IMO Arrow season 1 gets good about halfway through the season. Even before that it's not so much bad as just "not nearly as good."

Toxxupation posted:

This would be less embarrassing for you if you were able to spell my name correctly. Not that much less, but still.

raditts fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Sep 1, 2014

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I can't wait for the new season to start. With the exception of Taxi Brooklyn, this summer's shows have been a real disappointment.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

raditts posted:

Was she in anything besides Supernatural before Arrow? I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

IMO Arrow season 1 gets good about halfway through the season. Even before that it's not so much bad as just "not nearly as good."

This would be less embarrassing for you if you were able to spell my name correctly. Not that much less, but still.

She was in Harper's Island. Which owned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Irish Joe posted:

I can't wait for the new season to start. With the exception of Taxi Brooklyn, this summer's shows have been a real disappointment.

Between your endorsement and clips on The Soup, I watched this last week and I'm still not sure what I saw or why it happened.

• Locked thread