Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
my mom was decidedly not cool about video games growing up, but that never stopped her from enabling me.

a couple years ago though i was sitting in her office with her partner and she mentioned to him that "it makes more sense as an entertainment value to spend 60 bucks on a video game you can play all you want instead of spending twenty on a two hour movie." it was a strangely astute observation and the only media my mom consumes is downton abbey and fifty shades of grey

tell me your cool game mom stories or fart up this thread like you imps usually do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
oh hey would a kind and just forums person move this to the zone where it belongs cause im a moron idiot

Dementedghost
Jan 7, 2010

Running 1.86 miles without dying is literally impossible
my mom got motion sick and threw up playing portal 2. she was like "wooo woooo wooo no, stop it, gonna throw up" then she did.

thats my story op

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
My mom's favorite video game is Bayonetta and she wants to dress up as Bayonetta for Halloween every year.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
mom is blind and cannot play videogames nor can she see what a failure her human being son has become

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
One time my mom took one of my video game cases into the bathroom for light reading and it was Ar Tonelico and when she game out she yelled THAT GIRL'S GOT SOME BIG OL' TITTIES and then put the case back and left without saying anything else.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

My mom expressed sincere concern over me playing a Shaman in the World of Warcraft, convinced that it was an avenue that would allow Satan into my heart.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Vermain posted:

My mom expressed sincere concern over me playing a Shaman in the World of Warcraft, convinced that it was an avenue that would allow Satan into my heart.

Twenty years ago Christians would be livid about this game, but after years of this desensitization WOW slips under our spiritual radar. World of Warcraft is one of the many tools used to captivate and desensitize many concerning the Occult and divination.

The Bible is clear that casting spells is an abomination to God. Those who practice witchcraft (sorcery) will not inherit the kingdom of God (Galatians 5:20-21). These practices are anti-God and are in rebellion against Him. Also see Deuteronomy 18:9-14; Isaiah 44:25; Jeremiah 27:9; 2 Kings 21:6; 23:24, Ezekiel 21:21; Isaiah 19:3; 1 Samuel 28, 1 Chronicles 10:13-14.

Please listen to your mother.

Dementedghost
Jan 7, 2010

I thought maybe I'd share a dad story too, because why not, I was 5 and I wanted my dads attention so I pulled on his arm while he was playing a video game, and he went "AHH Don't bump my mouse arm!!!!"

now you know all my stories goodbye

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
My mom would constantly buy me games growing up despite not having any idea what I played but she would hit them spot on like buying me Streets of Rage 2 and Megaman Legends

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

I played War of the Monsters with my mom once and she was a human being who threw cars nonstop.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

MotU posted:

My mom would constantly buy me games growing up despite not having any idea what I played but she would hit them spot on like buying me Streets of Rage 2 and Megaman Legends

Yeah, my mom (seemingly??) had no interest whatsoever in games, and when I got to choose them I did it based on the cover art only, but somehow I ended up with like all the top-tier SNES games.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Let me tell you the tale of my dead cancer mom and Animal Crossing

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

My mom once watched my brother play FIFA, and she reacted to it like it was an actual soccer match.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Level Slide posted:

My mom once watched my brother play FIFA, and she reacted to it like it was an actual soccer match.

Fell asleep?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Anonymous Robot posted:

Yeah, my mom (seemingly??) had no interest whatsoever in games, and when I got to choose them I did it based on the cover art only, but somehow I ended up with like all the top-tier SNES games.

The weird thing was that she chose them. She never even looked at what games I played or anything, just went to like Toys R Us at random to buy me a game (or later, Blockbuster for super-cheap preowned games). I think I ended up buying more bad myself than the random ones she bought me.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Adam Bowen posted:

Fell asleep?

She bust out the national flag and started chanting. But naw, she just yelped when the ball was stolen or someone took a shot. She also reacts the same way to all sports.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
my mother woke me up when i was nine and said "guess what i did" and i said what

and she brought me downstairs and on the screen was the diablo beta confirmation, a game i was only slightly aware of (despite loving wc/wc2). i guess one of her internet friends had signed up and told her to do it as well. even after she learned what it was she didn't stop me from playing it which was cool too

Imagine Party Babyz
Apr 5, 2004

Ron and Fez Show, Peez Howd.
My mom would steal my GB for days to play Boxxle and Tetris..

Dementedghost
Jan 7, 2010

MotU posted:

The weird thing was that she chose them. She never even looked at what games I played or anything, just went to like Toys R Us at random to buy me a game (or later, Blockbuster for super-cheap preowned games). I think I ended up buying more bad myself than the random ones she bought me.

Thats because your mom asks the clerk which ones are good, or reads reviews. She loves you. or at least she did, no promises about now.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0IlpFt_y6g

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
I learned how to count watching my mom play Number Muncher.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
My mom is cool and good and did not care about all the weird violent poo poo I played / watched as a kid.

Now I am a loving loser tho so??

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
My mom doesn't really play new games but she got kill screens in Pacman and poo poo.

psy_wombats
Dec 1, 2009

MrBims posted:

I learned how to count watching my mom play Number Muncher.

I forced my mom to play Number Muncher because I couldn't count.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
My mom and I played Tetris Attack vs mode a lot.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
my mom got me out of school early one day because she wanted to play tetris and didn't know how to turn on the snes

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

alcharagia posted:

My mom's favorite video game is Bayonetta and she wants to dress up as Bayonetta for Halloween every year.

:eyepop:

krystal.lynn
Mar 8, 2007

Good n' Goomy
My mom solved the password puzzle in the Pirate Ship in Super Mario RPG when me and my cousin couldn't figure it out.

Thanks mom!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

my mom beat smb1 when i was a kid but i never beat it until i was 20
she also liked waverace64 a lot
she also rebuilt a broken snes controller from scratch
but otherwise she hated video games
okay bye

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
My moms cool

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

My mom is from New Orleans, I used a bug in Left 4 Dead 2 to remove all the zombies and show her around the virtual New Orleans. I think that's the last time she played any kind of videogame.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
When I left home, my Mother missed me terribly, so naturally she recreated me, the family house and my entire personalty in the Sims 2.

Scarily, she only needed to enter my Birthday for the game to assign me as a fat, loser nerd who draws alot and has a lovely string of jobs.

Hussar
Oct 25, 2007

My mom bought me good games. Then when I had money to buy games on my own I chose something lovely.

I should probably let my mom manage my Steam account.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I wanted a Nintendo 64, but my mom knew better and got me a Playstation instead. Thanks mom. :unsmith:

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
I was having a really bad day at school and when my mum came to pick me up she gave me a copy of just-released-then Sonic & Knuckles in the playground, I was super excited and literally jumping for joy while my mum showed up all the other parents on the school grounds.

Thanks mum!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierce
Apr 7, 2007

Fool!
My stay at home mom would play The Legend of Zelda before taking me to school. She would still be playing when I got home and was the first in the house to beat the game. Thanks for setting a good example!

• Locked thread