Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
everdave
Nov 14, 2005
My mom is needing/wanting a new car and it has apparently come down to Fusion or small chance escape. There is no other choice but Ford (stepdad retired from Ford and they will be on A plan with zero interest). My mom could afford to pay cash but wants to keep funds available (they are retired). My mom keeps cars minimum ten years. Which engine in Fusion? Will a turbo be less reliable inherently after warranty? Her current car is 2000 mustang v 6 with 175k owned since new. Small fords are out as she wants room for grand kids. Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Definitely a Mazda6.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Phone posted:

Definitely a Mazda6.

They won't do it. My mom would but my stepdad no way. His only allowance once was a glorious Jaguar during the short time Ford owned em. Thoughts on the ecoboost?

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 257 days!)

Ford ZX2 for sure. Plenty of room - just use a blender.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

The ecoboost engines are pretty solid. Ford tests the poo poo out of them. Follow factory maintenance and you'll be fine. I would be driving a Fusion Titanium with the 2.0EB right now if it was just a bit faster.

Overall Fusion is a very nice car, though older people may hate the My Ford Touch system. What trim are you considering?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

skipdogg posted:

The ecoboost engines are pretty solid. Ford tests the poo poo out of them. Follow factory maintenance and you'll be fine. I would be driving a Fusion Titanium with the 2.0EB right now if it was just a bit faster.

Overall Fusion is a very nice car, though older people may hate the My Ford Touch system. What trim are you considering?

My mom loves her iPhone and iPad so if it can answer calls like on my stepdads edge she will be happy. Probably not looking at titanium other than that I don't know. I'm 90 miles away and have a new 5 day old baby.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
whatever it is get it in Ruby Red metallic

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

everdave posted:

Which engine in Fusion?

Ford FR9 V8 or nothing. Though with that model there might be a problem with back seat space. :v:

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
I think the Ecoboost Mustang is the best Fusion that Ford makes so you should get that.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Used Subaru from a Ford dealership.

JK, nobody would ever trade in a Subaru for a Ford.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
10 replies and no Miata suggestion yet? It's like I don't even know AI anymore :colbert:

este
Feb 17, 2004

Boing!
Dinosaur Gum
Fiesta ST :getin:

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

VikingSkull posted:

whatever it is get it in Ruby Red metallic

Last message I got it looks like they are getting her a Ruby Red SE in tomorrow. Out the door for $24.5. On the z plan my mom and stepdad say it is fixed price. She says she is getting $3k for her trade which I hate to see but a 14 year old v6 Stang is not gonna bring much more private even though it is mint with brand new michelins...it broke down yesterday and my mom is anxious. Will keep the thread updated.

Edit: the 24.5 is before trade

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

I’m back, and for that I am sorry

Serious post: Thought about an Energi? Extremely low fuel costs, huge tax credit that makes it cheaper than the regular hybrid. Great old people car because it's smooth and doesn't care if it comes up to temp every time they want to just drive 3 blocks for bridge.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Advent Horizon posted:

Serious post: Thought about an Energi? Extremely low fuel costs, huge tax credit that makes it cheaper than the regular hybrid. Great old people car because it's smooth and doesn't care if it comes up to temp every time they want to just drive 3 blocks for bridge.

No, they didn't. They drive quite a bit 180 round trip to see me and the kids and two plus beach trips a year

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Geoj posted:

10 replies and no Miata suggestion yet? It's like I don't even know AI anymore :colbert:

I was going to throw a Mercedes G55 :v:

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

I’m back, and for that I am sorry

everdave posted:

No, they didn't. They drive quite a bit 180 round trip to see me and the kids and two plus beach trips a year

So? What's that got to do with it? It has an engine.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
This thread is even more useless than a normal car recommendation thread, since the OP already had brand and model decided. If only the op had asked for something where an actual decision had to be made, such as choosing between:
a green Edsel Ranger

*or*
a red Corvair Monza

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
whoa lay off they clearly took my color recommendation

thread successful, another AI helping hand extended

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

HotCanadianChick posted:

This thread is even more useless than a normal car recommendation thread, since the OP already had brand and model decided. If only the op had asked for something where an actual decision had to be made, such as choosing between:
a green Edsel Ranger

*or*
a red Corvair Monza
Well, the OP has suggested a Ford, so maybe he'd like a red Ford Thunderbird.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Loaded up and trucking.We gonna do what they say cant be done.

JDAMS CURE PASHTUN posted:

Well, the OP has suggested a Ford, so maybe he'd like a red Ford Thunderbird.

I've always liked PISS YELLOW THUNDERBIRD myself.

And I find I need this after working on Ford products.

Wicaeed
Feb 8, 2005

este posted:

Fiesta ST :getin:

Focus ST so you actually have room in the back for bitches grandkids

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

InterceptorV8 posted:

I've always liked PISS YELLOW THUNDERBIRD myself.

And I find I need this after working on Ford products.

That's a better thunderbird than Ford ever produced.

I prefer piss yellow Chevelles to Fords, though.

GM tried to call it Butternut Yellow, but we know better.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

HotCanadianChick posted:

a green Edsel Ranger

*or*
a red Corvair Monza

gently caress You oval office

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bibendum
Sep 5, 2003
nunc est Bibendum

everdave posted:

gently caress You oval office

That's not very nice

Piss Yellow Fiat 131 SuperBrava Panorama, the car I grew up in.(or the closest image the internet has to offer)

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
You need a Piss Yellow 1976 Chrysler Cordoba

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 257 days!)

Das Volk posted:

You need a Piss Yellow 1976 Chrysler Cordoba

Posh. Monte Carlo Piss Yellow 1991 SAAB 900 Turbo Convertible

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer
recommended earlier, but

Yellow 2013 Ford Focus ST

Hell yeah.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Clearly they need more utility

Yellow 2005 Subaru Baja

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
No way, they need the power and go anywhere ability of a

Yellow Datsun 200B

And this one is JDM yo too

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

everdave posted:

My mom is needing/wanting a new car and it has apparently come down to Fusion or small chance escape. There is no other choice but Ford (stepdad retired from Ford and they will be on A plan with zero interest). My mom could afford to pay cash but wants to keep funds available (they are retired). My mom keeps cars minimum ten years. Which engine in Fusion? Will a turbo be less reliable inherently after warranty? Her current car is 2000 mustang v 6 with 175k owned since new. Small fords are out as she wants room for grand kids. Thoughts?

How far would she be typically driving? The Fusion Energi has a pure-electric range of around 20 miles

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

OP's parents definitely need a Nutrient-Rich-Piss Yellow Beretta Indy Pace Replica:

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

The "Ford owned 'em" technicality means they could get an I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Yellow Discovery as long as it's an '00-'08.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Now, I don't want to be going and calling anyone a disgrace to their country's heritage or nothing, but we're here posting yellow cars which are preferably Fords, and no-one's gone with this?

:911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

InitialDave posted:

Now, I don't want to be going and calling anyone a disgrace to their country's heritage or nothing, but we're here posting yellow cars which are preferably Fords, and no-one's gone with this?

:911:

"Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants so long as it is piss yellow" — Henry Ford

• Locked thread