Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

vulnerabilities in iCloud have allowed terrible hackers to steal nude photos from many celebrities's iCloud storage. this is hosed up.

whats even more hosed up is that only female celebrities. i wanted to see wolverine's dong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:suspense:

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

jennifer lawrence got a sweet minge

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

Sudo Echo posted:

jennifer lawrence got a sweet minge

gross this is exactly the sort of talk i don't want itt

lets discuss apple's security fuckups from a technical perspective, not about how amazing jennifer lawrence may or may not look naked

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
post the pics

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

gas

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

lets be honest apple is full of terrible programmers in over their head and a "designer" that can't come up with a single original thought. too bad dieter rams didnt ever do an OS UI

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

right before they try to sell consumers their dropbox ripoff, some idiot 4channer proves how bad they are at security.

lololol

at least stebe is dead so he doesn't have to watch his company crumble

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
This op can't post for poo poo!

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

do we know icloud is the source of this yet, other than what's being claimed? it just seems a bit too easy that someone has mapped a bunch of (presumably obfuscated since using jenniferlawrence@icloud.com is a bit obvious) email addresses to people's accounts. and the iCloud mirror of your camera roll doesn't do videos.

next few days will be interesting, apple will need to do a bit more disclosure than they are used to.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

well I use a computer!

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

Thanks Ants posted:

do we know icloud is the source of this yet, other than what's being claimed? it just seems a bit too easy that someone has mapped a bunch of (presumably obfuscated since using jenniferlawrence@icloud.com is a bit obvious) email addresses to people's accounts. and the iCloud mirror of your camera roll doesn't do videos.

next few days will be interesting, apple will need to do a bit more disclosure than they are used to.

where else would beautiful successful people store their photos? on their phone or in iPhoto/icloud. they aren't using samsung sync or carrying around DSLRs

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

well for videos to have been obtained it will have come from a device backup, and then people would have been able to post messages or restore to a spare device.

unless the media in device backups isn't encrypted in any way in which case lol.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Squinty Applebottom posted:

where else would beautiful successful people store their photos? on their phone or in iPhoto/icloud. they aren't using samsung sync or carrying around DSLRs

in one of the pics with a mirror the phone is clearly a samsung galaxy so who knows where they came from

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

Sudo Echo posted:

in one of the pics with a mirror the phone is clearly a samsung galaxy so who knows where they came from

gross this news gets worse and worse

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

people need to stop photographing they nude selves with a device that perpetually uploads all they photographs to the internet

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

THC posted:

people need to stop photographing they nude selves with a device that perpetually uploads all they photographs to the internet

ur not my mom

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

did we absolve steve of all responsibility yet itt

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

since hes dead, sure, ill do it

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Brain Candy posted:

since hes dead

weird assertions itt

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
In the Kate Upton dump, the manual for Dropbox is in it, so presumedly someone 'hacked' Dropbox accounts.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
apple sucks at coding and because they wrote the bad tools that they use, the bad tools that they use cant catch their bad code.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

win32

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
:yaycloud::smithcloud:
i can't wait to find out the actual way this happened.

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE posted:

same quoted poster

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

probably the same stupid thing where they convince some ignorant rep to do a password reset over the phone

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
one of the funnier parts of this hack is all the people posting about how they forgot they had cloud to butt installed and were seeing all these articles about an iButt hack lol

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass

Sudo Echo posted:

probably the same stupid thing where they convince some ignorant rep to do a password reset over the phone

this is incredibly common too

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
this is why I turn on airplane mode to take nudes

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE posted:

hoping for plaintext credentials

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Sudo Echo posted:

which one? i went through everything i could find and didnt see any androids at all

nm its the yvonne strahovski one altho idk how they know its her as none of hers have a face in them

ClassActionFursuit fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Sep 1, 2014

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

theres a reddit dedicated solely to this leak

i don't think i understand reddit

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

if this was apple i'll be really upset

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
i have a feeling someone has been collecting these for awhile and used a variety of hacks and social engineering to get them

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

Sounds pretty similar to somethingawful, where there is a thread dedicated solely to this week and where 99.9% of something awful users have posted at least once.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

a thread, not a forum

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

hobbesmaster posted:

i wish reddit would leak

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

PleasureKevin posted:

if this was apple i'll be really upset

It's going to be apple, and its going to be social engineering that got em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

my first thought is this came from a talent agency or other industry person. sometimes the star makers get you to show then your private parts to be considered for roles.

• Locked thread