Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
Or make you carry an average daily balance of like $1,000 or some poo poo. lmao, why the gently caress are not more of you using a credit union. I can have $26 in my checking account and not only not get charged but actually get paid interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
You're poor

gorki
Aug 9, 2014

Amused to Death posted:

why the gently caress are not more of you using a credit union. I can have $26 in my checking account and not only not get charged but actually get paid interest.

because my bank gived me a fone charm for opening my account and i got to pick which one :sparkles:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I do use a credit union

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
Poor human beings are not worthy of life.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Amused to Death posted:

Or make you carry an average daily balance of like $1,000 or some poo poo. lmao, why the gently caress are not more of you using a credit union. I can have $26 in my checking account and not only not get charged but actually get paid interest.
I really should switch over to a credit union but usbank has basically been amazing to me so I'm never really motivated to change.

Affe mk2
Mar 9, 2004

Chicks dig giant robots
my credit union just recently started charging me 3 goddamn u.s. dollars a month for my checking account. total loving bullshit.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

mookface posted:

You're poor

agreed, but I get paid to be poor at my CU

naem
May 29, 2011

My bank is super paranoid about people stealing my money, if I buy gas in a state I haven't been to before they call me it's great

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

mookface posted:

You're poor

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

naem posted:

My bank is super paranoid about people stealing my money, if I buy gas in a state I haven't been to before they call me it's great

wanna switch to this bank so i'll have people to talk to

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

I switched to a credit union after my previous bank tried to charge me $160 for what should've been $40 in overdraft fees. They were doing that bullshit "take the largest charges out of your account first" thing, and the largest charge would've been the last one done chronologically, and thus the only one that set me into overdraft. But because it came out first, I overdrafted, then overdrafted 3 more times from the other charges that were made before the big one.

2 years later, they're getting a class action lawsuit because of that lovely lovely practice. They deserve every penny of the miniscule fine they're paying for it.

naem
May 29, 2011

When my dad died the philipino lady behind the counter of the credit union was a jerk to my mom for no reason that is my Somethig story

naem fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Sep 1, 2014

All on Black
Dec 14, 2007

She's not "that Mexican", Mom, she's MY Mexican. And she's...Colombian or something.
I use a credit union and get charged $13 a month. Should I go in and tell them the internet man told me this isn't allowed?

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

All on Black posted:

I use a credit union and get charged $13 a month. Should I go in and tell them the internet man told me this isn't allowed?

yes

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

College checking account bro, no charges.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Theparker posted:

College checking account bro, no charges.

just be in school for the rest of your life

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

All on Black posted:

how did you wind up with a credit union that's even worse than a bank?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i had a credit union account for a while. then i moved and did not have a credit union account. now i have a credit union account again.

thats my credit union story

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I've always had a credit union and I think they charge me but I don't care

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
its pretty bullshit

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

just be in school for the rest of your life

I've been in school for the last 10 years :wink:

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

My bank doesn't charge me anything for checking, is open on Sundays, and all they ask is I keep at least $25 in a savings account (which I use to stash my emergency funds anyway).

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

lol if you use a US bank and not a credit union you loving scrub

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.
Look at all these poor people. If you don't have to spread your money across multiple bank accounts in order to have FDIC coverage, you're a sucka.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
unions ruin everything

Hitler420
Jun 11, 2014

by Ralp
wtf, people should charge the banks fees, you are the ones doing them a favor.
"Here give me all your $$$ and Ill hold onto it for you lol"
charges you fees for giving them your money

at what point did we decide that would ever make sense

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
waah I only got 10 dollars I can only pick one place to open an account. But I got money for fancy online forum accounts.

5 DOLLAR FOOT LONG
Jul 14, 2007

dodecatuple secret probation

LethalGeek posted:

lol if you use a US bank and not a credit union you loving scrub

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Chase military, usaa, and capital one 360, no charges ever. Don't need all 3 but it makes me feel pretty inside.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Tautologicus posted:

Chase military, usaa, and capital one 360, no charges ever. Don't need all 3 but it makes me feel pretty inside.

Don't Ask, Don't Tell, bro

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
lol if you don't keep thousands of dollars in a pillow slip stuffed between the mattress and the box spring and stay off the grid

Hitler420
Jun 11, 2014

by Ralp

mookface posted:

lol if you don't keep thousands of dollars in a pillow slip stuffed between the mattress and the box spring and stay off the grid

the world is going to end before im 55 anyway, so it doesn't matter. keep it in cash and spend it

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
gently caress banks

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ded posted:

gently caress banks

now thats some motherfuckin liquidity son

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
credit UNION you say? that sounds like some fag liberal poo poo to me bro

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Amused to Death posted:

i have a credit union but even i have to pay a fee or have a minimum balance if i want to accrue interest on my checking account. sounds like you got a pretty sweet deal

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

Dead Precedents posted:

Look at all these poor people. If you don't have to spread your money across multiple bank accounts in order to have FDIC coverage, you're a sucka.

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
I could tell you how to get free account, but I don't really care enough to do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
bank of america doesnt and they are the worst bank

• Locked thread