Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

So it seems the language drift is complete and gameplay is now considered so unnecessary that you can have a game bundle entirely comprised of books and magazines and still call it a video game bundle:

StoryBundle posted:

Welcome to StoryBundle! The Video Game Bundle 4.0 is our most enticing video game bundle yet, featuring more than $50 worth of books, magazine and albums.
http://storybundle.com/games

Seriously? This is loving ridiculous. It's one thing to call a Twine novel a game, because with enough disparate paths you can at least end up with a weak approximation of Zork or something, but unless it turns out that all the books in this bundle are actually wordfinds, there isn't a single game in this "video game bundle".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

A minor error probably resulting from copy and pasting page content or whatever... Definitely worth the MST3K riffing it's bound to receive from the epic gamers of Imp Zone.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh wait it's an entirely different site I guess. Well that's kind of funny but, I dunno OP, still sort of innocuous.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think it's because the books are based on games and gaming.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The OP is a grade A rear end clown looking for any reason to get mad at uhh I think this is a site hardly anyone has even heard of.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Wormskull posted:

The OP is a grade A rear end clown looking for any reason to get mad at uhh I think this is a site hardly anyone has even heard of.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It ought to be a criminal offense to try to provoke indignant GamerRage over what is, at worst, a matter of semantics. Yet Obama would rather be targetting White American's and destroying Christianity. I do not want to live on this planet anymore.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Well I for one am very upset. Back in my day, words meant things. Now we have all these video games making kids think words mean whatever they want them to!

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Damnit, I'm mad! Won't someone think of the children!

Grakdesh
Jul 21, 2005

High-functioning otaku.
Last summer, Boss Fight Books gave fans the chance to vote for the game they most want to read a book about, and they chose Square's epic Super Nintendo time travel RPG Chrono Trigger.

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Grakdesh posted:

Last summer, Boss Fight Books gave fans the chance to vote for the game they most want to read a book about, and they chose Square's epic Super Nintendo time travel RPG Chrono Trigger.

Chrono friend of the family!!!!!!!!!!!

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

[size=69]Chrono friend of the family

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
i noticed that in those books there is a certain amount of worship of super mario bros 1 like it's some holy paragon of game design . that seems weird to me, like who are these people

Dec 26, 2012

Abandon posted:

i noticed that in those books there is a certain amount of worship of super mario bros 1 like it's some holy paragon of game design . that seems weird to me, like who are these people

gamers.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I guess what I can take away from this is that someone somewhere said "what does candy crush tell us about queer theory" and then they put it into a book.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

You got it backwards OP. The bundle says books is video games.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

lavos...the hedgehog!

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
yes, you could say i read a lot. quite a bit, actually. what do i read, you ask? why, non-fiction, of course. *turns to camera and winks as he slowly lifts the earthbound strategy guide juuuuust into frame*

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

The Sharmat posted:

lavos...the hedgehog!

I really don't want to search for that on Deviantart.

Grakdesh
Jul 21, 2005

High-functioning otaku.

matrix ripoff posted:

yes, you could say i read a lot. quite a bit, actually. what do i read, you ask? why, non-fiction, of course. *turns to camera and winks as he slowly lifts the Chrono Trigger strategy guide juuuuust into frame*

Grakdesh
Jul 21, 2005

High-functioning otaku.
This thread is about Chrono Trigger now.

Nothing has been lost yet so much has been gained.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006

No Such Thing posted:

I guess what I can take away from this is that someone somewhere said "what does candy crush tell us about queer theory" and then they put it into a book.

i actually want to steal that book from somewhere to find out what the pig crap gently caress casual game money making mechanisms have to do with queer theory
thats probably a ploy to sell the stupid book

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
here's my theory: videogames are queer

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I don't know what "queer theory" is but I highly doubt it's an actual falsifiable scientific theory

liberal arts majors are scum of the earth, the casuals of the intellectual community

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
So are the books any good?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mega64 posted:

So are the books any good?

Probably, their about epic gamers.

Ohio State BOOniversity
Mar 3, 2008

The Sharmat posted:

I don't know what "queer theory" is but I highly doubt it's an actual falsifiable scientific theory

liberal arts majors are scum of the earth, the casuals of the intellectual community

i'm gay, you're queer.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
the walking dead video games are the best books i've read since the goosebumps choose your own adventure books

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Cyra posted:

the walking dead video games are the best books i've read since the goosebumps choose your own adventure books

Some of the later Goosebumps cyoas had you do poo poo like grab a pen and paper to keep track of your inventory and poo poo like that, they pretty much turned into lite RPGs and it was rad as hell.

• Locked thread