Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

It's the Ravens. You're gonna want to like the Ravens

Worst case, like Flacco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Hahahahaha Parm

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Chicago Bears will win eight (8) games this season.

Julius Peppers will have have of his sacks for the season against Jay Cutler.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Packers-Seahawks is going to be the game of the loving month

I don't even care if the Packers lose it's gonna be fantastic to watch

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Brannock posted:

I'd put it right behind Denver/Seattle in three weeks, but yeah, it's gonna be a great kickoff game

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

20 straight Sundays of football are here! Holy poo poo they're actually here! :haw:

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Oh god I hope the Bears D doesn't find some way to blow the Bills game.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Filthy Casual posted:

Oh god I hope the Bears D doesn't find some way to blow the Bills game.

Not gonna lie, the Bears losing to a Kyle Orton led Bills would be pretty sweet. But seeing as they're probably going to start EJ Manuel, there's no way they're going to win.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Brannock posted:

What if it's a lovely blowout of the Packers

oh wait that would absolutely rule, nevermind

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

A Pale Horse posted:

Not gonna lie, the Bears losing to a Kyle Orton led Bills would be pretty sweet. But seeing as they're probably going to start EJ Manuel, there's no way they're going to win.

Sorry, our flirtations with Jordan Palmer were the keys to victory.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

He can't have told them that much. Bears football these days is basically run Forte up the middle for 1 yard, bombs to Marshall and Jneffery, then don't stop anyone on third down defensively.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Filthy Casual posted:

He can't have told them that much. Bears football these days is basically run Forte up the middle for 1 yard, bombs to Marshall and Jneffery, then don't stop anyone on third down defensively.

Don't forget the patented Jeffery end around.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.

Some French Guy posted:

As I have no idea who to root for, since I recently got into watching the NFL, I'm gonna ask you guys. I kinda like the patriots, I thought Gronkowski was a beast last year. That's pretty much the only non QB name I can remember.

Don't pick a team yet.

Take a year, figure out what you like with regards to football. You'll find out if you like a quick, hitting defense or one that tries for interceptions. You'll figure out if you like an offense that relies mostly on using the run or all throwing all the time. You'll also figure out which fanbase's "culture" you like the best. Do you love a "rah-rah we're the workingman" thing the Packers do or the "we don't care if you're a rapist or a sociopath as long as you get us RINGZ" thing the Steelers do or do you want the "live in hope, die in despair" that defines the Lions/Raiders/Browns.

I say go into this year open, check out the first downies thread and always remember:

gently caress the steelers.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

MonsterWalk posted:

"rah-rah we're the workingman" thing the Packers do

it's more like "wah-wah why doesn't everybody else love us and declare us the best" thing the Packers do

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

JGdmn posted:

Don't forget the patented Jeffery end around.

I feel like Holmes and Wilson are gonna do that more this year.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@mikefreemanNFL
GM tells me: "Teams want to sign Michael Sam but fear the media attention." To me, that's cowardice. But that's just me.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Doppelganger posted:

Can the Saints please sign Ryan Succop already?

Might be going to the Titans. Who needs FGs anyway?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Some French Guy posted:

As I have no idea who to root for, since I recently got into watching the NFL, I'm gonna ask you guys. I kinda like the patriots, I thought Gronkowski was a beast last year. That's pretty much the only non QB name I can remember.

Do you like watching a sure thing turn into a pit of despair? Do you enjoy the idea of every down becoming an adventure that could lead to catastrophe? Are you enthused by the idea of coming to dread every Sunday, or having your season mercifully cut short after 16 games? Do you want the highest highs, the lowest lows, and rooting for the only team that can honestly say they went an entire 16-game season without enjoying even the most meaningless of victories?

go lions

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

bortles

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Some good advice for French Guy so far. Here are my two cents.

Not the Steelers.
Not the Patriots.
Not the Packers.

You're going to want to root for one of the good teams, this is a natural inclination. Even so I would stay away from the Broncos because Manning is going to retire soon and gently caress John Elway, he's the team's GM.

Watch for a while, figure out who you like, and once you pick a team stay with them through the hard times. The good times are way more rewarding that way(exceptions being the Browns, Bills, and Lions).

I'm a Ravens fan but I would suggest taking a look at the Minnesota Vikings. They have a Rookie QB that they are bringing along slowly and a new head coach so you'd have the potential to get in on the ground floor of something cool. Also, they have Adrian Peterson, the best RB in the league, who is just so god damned fun to watch.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

How have I never seen this picture before?

Why were you all hiding this from me?!?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

which is the team with only one TFF fan? Is it the jags? be a fan of them French guy, you will even have opportunities to see them play once a year in your own timezone when they come to London on their annual international failure tour.

plus bortles.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Every who should I root for conversation is loving dull

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

The Puppy Bowl posted:

That picture is like a decade old

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I've seen this picture on facebook at least twice a year for the last 6-7 years.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Was it cozy under that rock?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Made a new thread for discussion on matchups and analysis, to break some stuff out of N/V. Feel free to post all that random poo poo that gets overlooked like how Adrian Peterson would be kept in contain if only the Rams had another slow DE to stack in the box.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3661979

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Real hurthling! posted:

which is the team with only one TFF fan? Is it the jags? be a fan of them French guy, you will even have opportunities to see them play once a year in your own timezone when they come to London on their annual international failure tour.

plus bortles.

Excuse me sir there are FOUR Jaguars fans here thank you very much.

Soon to be more.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

MonsterWalk posted:

or do you want the "live in hope, die in despair" that defines the Lions/Raiders/Browns.

Don't listen to this man. Raiders fans do not know hope.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

plus bortles.

JT Jag is great

PS: Third Pick Overall Blake Bortles

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:

Some French Guy posted:

As I have no idea who to root for, since I recently got into watching the NFL, I'm gonna ask you guys. I kinda like the patriots, I thought Gronkowski was a

beast last year. That's pretty much the only non QB name I can remember.

you should root for the raiders. they have many things to be excited about, like

uhh

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Giants don't play till Monday, will lose anyway

The Gobbledygooker
Apr 5, 2007

Luminous Cow posted:

you should root for the raiders. they have many things to be excited about, like

uhh

Little Carr is gonna set the world on fire.

Some French Guy
Aug 30, 2003

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Do you like watching a sure thing turn into a pit of despair? Do you enjoy the idea of every down becoming an adventure that could lead to catastrophe? Are you enthused by the idea of coming to dread every Sunday, or having your season mercifully cut short after 16 games? Do you want the highest highs, the lowest lows, and rooting for the only team that can honestly say they went an entire 16-game season without enjoying even the most meaningless of victories?

go lions

Well now we're talking, I like the drama. I also like the somewhat dejected look Elli has on his face after every play for some reason.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
root Hawks because we've just undergone a gigantic heel turn and it's loving rad. embrace the hate

for some reason everyone seems to hate the bears (not in TFF but generally speaking) so rooting for them is cool too because ƒorte and cutler are awesome

panthers have cam which is plenty good of a reason on its own to root for them

everyone should be rooting for the browns at all times even over their home team because it's the loving browns, give them a break, plus now they have manziel who is the avatar of all that is Football at its most chaotic

gently caress the steelers, patriots, broncos, and cowboys, im out, peace *drops mic*

wheez the roux fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Sep 1, 2014

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:

The Gobbledygooker posted:

Little Carr is gonna set the world on fire.

setting fire to a dumpster fire is seldom considered helpful

also even if he does well he'll just get a concussion because oakland is not allowed to have nice things

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Cheer for the Panthers, you get the most handsomest man to ever play QB, and a kickin' rad front 7. (ignore the secondary and the WR plz)

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Cheer for the Colts because nothing is better than watching Andrew Luck have to pull comeback after comeback out of his rear end.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

News: FOOTBALL IN THREE DAYS

View: I've waited long for this day. I am prepared. Chip Kelly will bring me to my next level of consciousness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

FACTS:
-Raiders field the oldest squad of broken/bad players
-Raiders play in an almost literal shithole.
-For the past decade Raiders consistently sucked dick both in the field and draft.
-Raiders have the little Carr.
-Raiders have the very best uniform and we will stab anyone who dares to say otherwise.

*Adjust glasses and labcoat*
*Shuffles around papers containing complicated equations*

Raiders own.

• Locked thread