Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
Please get over whatever mental blocks are keeping you from enjoying the full range of feelings and sensations that the world has to offer you and become a better person. The person you're hurting most is yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
eh :shrug:

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

What if its not ironic

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
then please see a psychologist.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

ladyboy pancake posted:

Please get over whatever mental blocks are keeping you from enjoying the full range of feelings and sensations that the world has to offer you and become a better person. The person you're hurting most is yourself.

Psh, whatever

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Actually that goes for everyone. Having a therapist might help all of you get in touch with your emotions.

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

ladyboy pancake posted:

Actually that goes for everyone. Having a therapist might help all of you get in touch with your emotions.

look, self-medication was good enough for our forefathers, its good enough for us

*gargles raghead blood, sips mouthwash*

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryImbOTDXe8

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

lmao whatever nerd

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

ladyboy pancake posted:

i dont want to touch my emotions, they're fragile and child-like.

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

ladyboy pancake posted:

At level 8, you get to unlock 'care'...

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:
But all the cool kids are doing it

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
OP sounds like they have wild moods swings and doesn't understand normal human emotion.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

you know whats cool? A billion dollars

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

lol if u thingk gbs posters r doing it ironically

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Numbing oneself from external stimuli is an American pastime

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

no autistshaming

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

after years of being stuck with only guilt, i finally unlocked hate. it was at this time that i found the somethingawful forums...

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

agreed, numb yourself to the hardness of the world with alcohol instead of irony

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

ladyboy pancake posted:

i hope making this post helped you on your journey to self-actualization friend

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
i agree with OP. let's all try to be better people in the future. after we've had a few days to pore over the leaked celebrity nudes to our hearts' content.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

ladyboy pancake posted:

im gay

Bivens
Jun 23, 2003

die mensch·maschine
it is still considered fashionable to not give a gently caress OP

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Bivens posted:

Has it ever not? It seems to be a trait sought after for many leaders to not have emotions sway their decision making.

Most people in history who have been in touch with their emotions were starving artist and women, who did nothing for the most part.

Entropia
Nov 18, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
i want to be a worse person

Entropia
Nov 18, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
please tell me what mental blocks i should establish in order to become a terrible poster

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

if you don't know the real me, you have no power

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

sometimes i lay on the floor and cry thinking about how isolated i am form others and how helpless i feel to change that.

i mean

im gay

Bivens
Jun 23, 2003

die mensch·maschine

TOILETLORD posted:

Has it ever not? It seems to be a trait sought after for many leaders to not have emotions sway their decision making.

Most people in history who have been in touch with their emotions were starving artist and women, who did nothing for the most part.

from approximately 2003-2009, irony was out and sincerity was in

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011
Having emotions doesn't matter, it's 2014.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Torka posted:

agreed, numb yourself to the hardness of the world with alcohol instead of irony

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
unempathetic people are for real the worst though

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

yea you love to bump the 9/11 is hilarious thread so this thread is about you though

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Kyrie eleison posted:

if i respond sincerely to a troll post i might be exiled!

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Bivens posted:

and it always will be because things you give a gently caress about can be used to hurt you

apathy is the strongest armor

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

What if I'm trying to be a stoic sage op?

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Kyrie eleison posted:

on the other hand, overzealous empathy leads to being a crybaby sjw, so it's best to have emotions in moderation

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

LifeSizePotato posted:

on the other hand, overzealous empathy leads to being a crybaby sjw, so it's best to have emotions in moderation

theres nothing empathetic about sjw

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

ladyboy pancake posted:

Different

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Who looks themselves in a mirror and says "You know what, I'm not empathic."

• Locked thread