Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
When do we get to say having emotions is emotion-normative and offensive to us emotionless robots?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun
What if you're born without emotions? Then what?

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mostly I'm looking at this guy

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

Kyrie eleison posted:

theres nothing empathetic about sjw

you shut your stupid mouth you misogynistic piece of poo poo what are we talking about in this thread oh people who are emotionally stunted yeah that's it you're also emotionally stunted

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
Is real detachment cool? I have this friend, Meursault, who you should meet.

Entropia
Nov 18, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
i like being a literal turd

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

op do you believe that concepts like "good person" or "better person" aren't subjective and have essential defining traits? if so, why are high levels of empathy and emotion among those traits?

like if human suffering was something that could be objectively measured and quantified, and everyone being uber-rational detached emotionless robots was actually shown to reduce the total amount of that suffering and create better living conditions, would you still argue against it because it doesn't match your idea of how people are supposed to be? :spergin:

Blahsmack
Oct 25, 2003

just because i can care doesn't mean i should care

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
heh sure ok dummy. enjoy ur "emotions" in a "genuine way" like the aspierbergers u are and not on a ironic meta level like i, the king of posting

lmao feelings??? feh meh heh peh

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Feranon posted:

op do you believe that concepts like "good person" or "better person" aren't subjective and have essential defining traits? if so, why are high levels of empathy and emotion among those traits?

like if human suffering was something that could be objectively measured and quantified, and everyone being uber-rational detached emotionless robots was actually shown to reduce the total amount of that suffering and create better living conditions, would you still argue against it because it doesn't match your idea of how people are supposed to be? :spergin:

food for thought, to be sure

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
I care about being ggood and nice

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

Rad Tad posted:

you shut your stupid mouth you misogynistic piece of poo poo what are we talking about in this thread oh people who are emotionally stunted yeah that's it you're also emotionally stunted

im guess u could say im emotionally stunted like my daddy http://youtu.be/3EA1gh8XKGk

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Willy Pete posted:

What if you're born without emotions? Then what?

enjoy life to the fullest and become part of the one percent

also troll irl

Entropia
Nov 18, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
humans are poo poo anyway. i mean what the hell

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Lol if you don't drink yourself into a stupor every day to avoid being loving bored to literal death by monotonous modern life

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Entropia posted:

humans are poo poo anyway. i mean what the hell

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
It will all be over soon

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

Pochoclo posted:

Lol if you don't drink yourself into a stupor every day to avoid being loving bored to literal death by monotonous modern life

that's not healthy

Lightanchor
Nov 2, 2012
It's a reaction against sanctimoniousness.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

ilikedirt posted:

im guess u could say im emotionally stunted like my daddy http://youtu.be/3EA1gh8XKGk

was hoping for a video of the big piranha plant from yoshi's island

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
I'm guessing this thread is in reference to JLaw's vagina

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

ladyboy pancake posted:

Please get over whatever mental blocks are keeping you from enjoying the full range of feelings and sensations that the world has to offer you and become a better person. The person you're hurting most is yourself.

Careful, the last group of people to embrace this philosophy became Bronies.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Maoist Pussy posted:

I'm guessing this thread is in reference to JLaw's vagina

my detachment from JLaw's vagina is unfortunately completely unironic

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Heartbroken 2Twice posted:

Is real detachment cool? I have this friend, Meursault, who you should meet.

i hope on the day of my permabanning there will be a huge thread of posters and that they will greet me with howls of :qq:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
dehumanize yourself

Entropia
Nov 18, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
no one who loves himself is capable of sacrificing himself for a greater good

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
If life were like a movie it'd be ok to use emotions but life is not and everyone has at least once broke down in tears because they felt so helpless they seriously considered killing themselves to finally be free.

I mean faaaaaaaaaaarrrrrt.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
gently caress off OP

Entropia
Nov 18, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

gently caress the ROW posted:

gently caress off OP

gently caress you

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
The OP makes me feel negative emotions. Nice work, OP.

Dianetics
Jun 6, 2014
Ironic detachment offers distinct evolutionary advantages that I would be foolish to ignore. Herd mentality is a sickness.

onedayholiday
Dec 6, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Dianetics posted:

Ironic detachment offers distinct evolutionary advantages that I would be foolish to ignore. Herd mentality is a sickness.

The phrase repeated, reverberating and echoing inside his head. Each syllable punctuated by the roar of the assault rifle, as round after round ripped through his friends and famil

Entropia
Nov 18, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

onedayholiday posted:

The phrase repeated, reverberating and echoing inside his head. Each syllable punctuated by the roar of the assault rifle, as round after round ripped through his friends and famil

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

You will be my breeding sow. Evolution wills it. Im Gay.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

ladyboy pancake posted:

Please get over whatever mental blocks are keeping you from enjoying the full range of feelings and sensations that the world has to offer you and become a better person. The person you're hurting most is yourself.

i dont care

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
But what if 9/11 actually is good

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
okay

Entropia
Nov 18, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!