Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
To be fair, I was pretty sure they were all scum at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I suppose I could play like Merk and accuse everyone of being scum. That seems to work out for him except when it doesn't.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Felt like I hadn't updated this in a week, but then I realized how incredibly slow this game is.

Copy-pasta of my notepad for this game:

Night 1: pg 24
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3658069&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=24#post433771718

Night 2: pg 45
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3658069&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=45#post434023673

Night 3: pg 58
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3658069&pagenumber=58#post434163691

~Dead
Crazyeyes - goon (lynched d1) "executed"
Meinberg - Cop (nk n1) "stabbed"
TT - VT (nk n1) "throat slit"
Rarity - SK (lynched d2) "jailed"
Rascyc - Beloved (nk n2) "assassinated"
CapitalistPig - VT (nk n2) "stabbed"
JakeP - Mafia Contractor (modkilled n3)
kilran - backup cop (nk n3) "stabbed"
Opopanax - backup doc (nk n3) "poisoned"
Juanito - Goon (nk n3) "throat slit"

~Living
CCKeane
chaoslord (quiet?)
dorkanoid
Little Mac (Contract killer)
merk (annoying)
Met
tearshed (quiet.)
Somberbrero (Scummy, did a "duel" on D2, http://tinyurl.com/SombDuel)
winvirus (Claimed cop, probably insane) (contractor too?)
wins32767 (basically mod approved townie)
yuming (claims Psychiatrist that can only cure SK. Kilran confirms as clean)

Somberbrero posted:

[to CCKeane] You seem kinda flippant and uninvested in this game, like you're more interested in pulling merk's pigtails than actually playing.

I saved this quote because I found it contrary to how crazy CCKeane was last game when Town.

My biggest suspects are Somber, Merk, Tear, CCKeane, Chaos, Dork. Roughly in that order, but the last three are pretty interchangable. I don't feel like they stand out or in. They're just kind of... there. I don't know why we dropped everything on Somber. He's still my #1. Kilran only got my vote yesterday because he was my #2 and people were willing to go for him in the final hour we had before deadline. Merk is playing exactly the same he did as Mafia in the X-Men game and he's generally just pretty annoying and is always willing to lynch anybody it seems like. I feel the accusation of Tearshed based on this post. I'm pretty sure either him or Merk are scum but probably not both.

That's all I got. Lynch me if you like so I can move onto a different game with a different mod.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Let's lynch tearshed on the off-chance that we'll just straight win the game today (4 scum + SK seems like a decent setup, especially with all the possible deaths) and then send me a name to kill that is decent. Like Met.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

##vote tearshed

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Can we all just shift to Somber or Merk instead? #3 on my list isn't all that interesting.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

jesus, you're insufferable, even when you put in effort. you're like Neo-Lumpen: The Lumpening

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
and from what everyone says about you, I think it must make you feel like a big man to be able to finally say it about others.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Seriously, who the gently caress claims cop on Day 2 after their target dies? Paranoid/Insane or not. That's insanely bad play.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Met posted:

Seriously, who the gently caress claims cop on Day 2 after their target dies? Paranoid/Insane or not. That's insanely bad play.

Haha, what? No it isn't. A flipped cop makes my claim pretty questionable later on when my head is ACTUALLY on the block, so it's best to be forthright with the town straight up especially when my sanity is probably off. Scum don't exactly make "useless cop" a nightkill priority, especially when there's heat on him.

Pretty much dying laughing that you're trying to instruct me on ~proper mafia play~

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Yeah, pretty funny you haven't been nightkilled yet. How about that.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Met posted:

Hey idiot hell fucker if I was scum why would I have submitted Juanito (flipped scum) to Little Mac

That's literally the dumbest thing

Trying to paint me as scum this game is literally the dumbest thing

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

winvirus posted:

Hey idiot hell fucker if I was scum why would I have submitted Juanito (flipped scum) to Little Mac

That's literally the dumbest thing

Trying to paint me as scum this game is literally the dumbest thing

Is this because....YOU ARE SCUM WINVIRUS?!

(Winvirus probably isn't scum, I'm looking elsewhere now that JakeP flipped)

I'd be okay with tearshed, dork, or met I guess. I don't have super strong feelings toward anybody.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Let's just lynch. I'm tired of waiting for deadline.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
##vote Winvirus

Either you're a fuckwit or scum on a gambit.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Winvirus is not scum but I feel like you're just frustrating townie. Please stop and vote for tearshed.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Yeah I'll trust LittleMac. For a murderous assassin who slits the throats of innocent people during the night, he seems like an alright sort.

##vote tearshed

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Met posted:

I don't think we can really glean anything from winvirus still being alive. If he's scum, well of course that answers why he hasn't been night killed. However, he's been on the block every day so there was no reason for him to be the NK target. Agree with Keane that it's pretty unlikely he is scum after JakeP's flip.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Met posted:

Can we all just shift to Somber or Merk instead? #3 on my list isn't all that interesting.

This case is really persuasive on its own, but I'm going to try to help you. Let me dig in here real quick.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Met posted:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##unvote; ##vote merk

When it's that good, what else can you do but follow it?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
You are a sad, pathetic little man.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Met, maybe it's you, not us, if everyone actively says "wow you suck".

just a thought, buddy

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I see two people constantly being shitheads and the rest being amicable.

and I mean constantly, across games I'm not even in.

Seek therapy.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hey

hey, met.

hey.

you are bad at mafia.

##duel Met

:fuckoff:

ps everyone I was lying and I had another duel, then i dueled met. now you're all pretty much caught up to speed.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
So... I'll just decline this?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
"ENGARDE" shouted Somber. Somber whipped out a sword at Met; Met's face turned quite sour, and he charged at Somber at full speed... without even bothering to equip a sword himself. I just checked, and he doesn't have "Immune to Stabs in the Chest" as his special skills.
On his person you find a really well-bloodied dagger.

:s: Met, Cheb, Assassin (mafia-aligned assassin), was daykilled day 4. :s:

:h: 10 alive, still 6 votes to execute.
:d: Deadline is in approximately 23 hours from this post.
:c: Votecount is reset from this post. For reference it looked like this:

quote:

tearshed (4): dorkanoid, Somberbrero, merk, -merk, Little Mac, CCKeane
merk (1): merk
dorkanoid (1): yuming, Somberbrero, -Somberbrero
yuming (0): merk, dorkanoid, -dorkanoid, -merk

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
You can't decline justice, Met.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
AHAHA FROM DOWNTOWNNNNN

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Ooooh, justice. Justice is sweet.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Somb, I know we've had our differences, and I know I've been a dick to you in the past, but after that move I just want to formally and publicly apologize for all wrongdoing

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Wait is the game not over :l

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Somberbrero posted:

AHAHA FROM DOWNTOWNNNNN

:golfclap:

I was going to ask "Why not tearshed so we can know if we are about to mislynch?" but then you nailed it so it's me, I'm the idiot

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

winvirus posted:

Somb, I know we've had our differences, and I know I've been a dick to you in the past, but after that move I just want to formally and publicly apologize for all wrongdoing

Water, bridges, etc. Hit me up if you're ever in the stl.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

my gut is saying ##vote dorkanoid over tearshed.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Yay gj, I'm playing poorly this game, alas, I apologize.

I'm gonna ##vote dorkanoid and hope I'm right maybe once and vow to play better next time~

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I honestly did not see that one coming.

Good job, somber.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Hey fuckers I'm VT also I've got a bunch of cases/opinions/counterpoints to post but in on my phone so be patient because deadline isn't for 24 hours. Also with 3 scum flips since end of uh ... Day 3 there is loooaaaaads of content to analyze.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

dorkanoid posted:

Looking at tearshed, he mostly has poorly explained votes;

tearshed posted:

##vote wins32767
which I called him out for
Bullshit. Met already called me out before you did, and I explained the vote;

tearshed posted:

Met posted:

Any reason for that other than him not posting for a day or so?
His D1 posts were icky. Mostly re: calling chaoslord scum a few times over (which I don't see), and I don't like the tone he has re: questioning why juanito was defending chaoslord. Also wins called Rasyc a she which is information that's new to me ??
Since you bothered going through my post history, you willfully ignored this part. Bad.

dorkanoid posted:

this is his first mention of Rarity. He did make a case when prompted, again
And what's your problem with this? Is there any problem with this? No.

dorkanoid posted:

and finally

leading to

...why not one of the "probably badguys"? He also reappeared and changed the vote to Opop
What are you saying here? You just strung a few posts together and didn't say anything about them besides "he voted Opop". ?? Should I vote for every person who was wrong about someone?

Poor effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Somb, I'm sorry I hated you in this thread. That was a great move. Thank you for doing it.

##vote dorkanoid

• Locked thread