Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Daniel Bryan posted:

Not about wrestling, but former wrestler Lance Storm wrote a ridiculous blog about why he would not do the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, nor donate $100 to the charity. I wonder why??

He comes off as a sarcastic dickheaded POS. I bolded the worst parts.

lance storm is stupid as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Some people in the pharmaceutical industry might make some money, so gently caress the sick.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Let me sum it up for you: Lou Gehrig didn't work out enough.

I was going to tweet this at him but he's already blocked me. In searching for the tweet I got blocked for I found this.

The Crew Cut oval office posted:

News story insinuating spanking kids leads to mental illness, yet today there is less spanking and WAY more mental illness

Lance Storm is the Richard Dawkins of Pro Wrestling.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

dsriggs posted:

Some people in the pharmaceutical industry might make some money, so gently caress the sick.

Even as someone who hates how much money huge pharmaceutical companies make off of sick and disabled people (and in America it's largely thanks to how our healthcare system works; Lance is in Canada where it's much much better) I say this with the utmost sincerity:

Charity owns, Lance Storm. Go gently caress yourself.

Gonzo McFee posted:

I was going to tweet this at him but he's already blocked me. In searching for the tweet I got blocked for I found this.

Lance Storm is the Richard Dawkins of Pro Wrestling.

You're loving joking. You HAVE to be joking.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Even as someone who hates how much money huge pharmaceutical companies make off of sick and disabled people (and in America it's largely thanks to how our healthcare system works; Lance is in Canada where it's much much better) I say this with the utmost sincerity:

Charity owns, Lance Storm. Go gently caress yourself.

You're loving joking. You HAVE to be joking.

https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/221763387674214400

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lance is a hillbilly thats been possesed with the great gift of pro wrestling ability. But drat he is one dumb motherfucker.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I really hate people who poo poo on charities for the crime of having administrative costs instead of sending every cent to whatever they research. It reminds me of when my sister says she wishes she didn't have to pay taxes because she doesn't want her money going to some DIRTY BUREAUCRAT'S PAYCHECK when it could be going to do REAL GOOD, like buying wheelchairs for dogs.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Lance Storm is just doing what thousands of complete cunts have done before him. Refuse to give to charity while still seeking a way to make it seem like he's got the moral high ground.

Charities are expensive to run and the ALS charity in question does more than just research such as hiring people to care after people with ALS.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

Lance Storm is just doing what thousands of complete cunts have done before him. Refuse to give to charity while still seeking a way to make it seem like he's got the moral high ground.

Charities are expensive to run and the ALS charity in question does more than just research such as hiring people to care after people with ALS.

Would you rather have someone to help you live comfortably or a new, crisp Canadian $100 bill in your pocket?

Mm Hmm, I thought so.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Here's my stupid wrestling fan opinion: I think Lance Storm is kind of a boring wrestler. Like he can do good wrestling but he's got no real character and I never really felt invested in any of his matches even though I could recognize he was wrestling well

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

Endorph posted:

Here's my stupid wrestling fan opinion: I think Lance Storm is kind of a boring wrestler. Like he can do good wrestling but he's got no real character and I never really felt invested in any of his matches even though I could recognize he was wrestling well

His only match I really liked was the one against Jericho at the One Night Stand 1, and that was mostly thanks to Joey Styles selling the gently caress out of us getting one last Jericho-Storm match.

But yeah, he's a total dipshit in this case.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Endorph posted:

wrong thread, this is a correct wrestling opinion

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Gonzo McFee posted:

I'm not reading any of that. Lance Storm is so boring that I don't even want to bother reading him going full pants on head insane.

Edit: Okay, I read a little of the bold bits. "Doctors no longer treat patients, they just prescribe drugs."

What the gently caress does that even mean? What does he think doctors did before? What the gently caress are you even talking about you massive, loving idiot?

There seems to be this myth that way back when, Doctors cared about their patients and set about actually offering good advice etc instead of just saying 'Take a pill'. It's a fallacy of course. I do agree that some doctors are too quick to just prescribe medication (When I was diagnosed with depression, the first thing I was asked was if I wanted anti-depressants) but his whole argument is based on generalisations. Good core strength? Won't have a bad back. Got a bad back? Must be because you're lazy. Oh, no cure for ALS? It's because Big Pharma have a cure, there's just no money in it so you'll never see it. It's idiotic, dangerous, and backed up with nothing but hearsay.

It's the equivalent of someone watching Loose Change on Youtube and deciding that the US Government did it. Your eyes haven't been opened Lance, you've just believed something someone has told you and decided not to look into it for yourself.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I mean, I'm not even totally unsympathetic to people with contemp for Big Pharma business models and the fact that people die from polio and TB in the third world when we have cures for them and go bankrupt in the first world trying to pay for their cancer drugs. But people who encourage others to block support for medical research on those grounds are so tinfoil hat crazy its depressing. And the fact that in this case we have a celebrity respected in many countries implying you can stave off a degenerative nerve disease with good diet and exercise reminds me of when Tom Cruise started spouting his anti psychiatry rhetoric to his international fan base. That kind of reckless disregard for the power of your voice is as contemptible as anything big mean corporate medicine ever did.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

a celebrity respected in many countries

Are we still talking about Lance Storm?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

OctoberCountry posted:

Are we still talking about Lance Storm?

Touché

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's funny too because if the entire world was like Lance Storm thinks it is, everyone would just be self-diagnosing every minor ailment and passive-aggressively complaining about it.

wait a minute... :stare:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sticklefifer posted:

It's funny too because if the entire world was like Lance Storm thinks it is, everyone would just be self-diagnosing every minor ailment and passive-aggressively complaining about it.

wait a minute... :stare:

Its that way because Big Pharma is keeping us from going to a doctor and poo poo. HAVENT YOU BEEN LISTENING?!?!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I haven't been to a doctor in literally 8 years but have paid for medical insurance the whole time so I think it's pretty obvious doctors are unnecessary and the health care market is a scam.

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014

oldpainless posted:

I haven't been to a doctor in literally 8 years
No one has ever deserved his user name more than you.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Not for nothing but the only thing doctors love more than playing golf instead of being in their office is when pharm reps bring them free food

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mob posted:

Not for nothing but the only thing doctors love more than playing golf instead of being in their office is when pharm reps bring them free food

Everyone knows Nurse Practitioners are the ones that get poo poo done in Drs Offices.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Each line break is a separate post.

somebody mad about the Young Bucks posted:

They are a joke, an embarrassment to pro wrestling right now. Their is a reason a major US company won't hire them and pay them real money. They don't know how to work.

They are awful and their is a reason they couldn't cut it in loving tna. They are Indy darlings with no future.

If they are appreciated, why couldn't they cut it in tna? Because they don't understand psychology or they have undeserved egos.

Thy are spot monkeys, nothing more. They don't have brains and will end up breaking their necks for a few hundred bucks. Hope they have health insurance so I don't have to pay the loving medical bills they will incur with their stupid move set.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

God, I wish I knew where that had been posted, because that is the only time I would be willing to call someone a fuckin' mark in full sincerity.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Dimebags Brain posted:

all of these things are true and also why The Young Bucks rule

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Best tag team in the world best gimmick in the biz

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Fresh Babinsacks:

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/96-wwe/38820-on-wwe-how-to-make-brock-lesnar-even-more-of-a-dominant-champion

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

whole thing is worth it for this sentence

quote:

If the WWE wants to tie back into the UFC era of Lesnar, there’s a few names that could also be in the mix. While Frank Mir is probably more of an advisor type of a name than a WWE-acceptable matchup, there’s also Alistair Overeem (who knows what happens to him next), and while Bob Sapp means nothing to the MMA fans of this company, if he still looks like the Sapp of a decade ago, he still has value.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Although that sure is a fresh Babinsack I like envisioning Vince's reaction to Overeem.

"WOW! VERY FANTASTIC BODY :vince:"

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Reminder that WWE (according to Triple H) considered putting on Triple H vs. Bob Sapp at Wrestlemania a while back.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
I love the idea of WWE champion Brock Lesnar wanting to avenge a loss from three years ago in the UFC.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Karmine posted:

I love the idea of WWE champion Brock Lesnar wanting to avenge a loss from three years ago in the UFC.

Lesnar should win that, then the rubber match happens in yet another kind of sport.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Grendels Dad posted:

Lesnar should win that, then the rubber match happens in yet another kind of sport.

Go-Kart racing.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Grendels Dad posted:

Ping Pong. Has to be Ping Pong.

Or Starcraft.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Grendels Dad posted:

Finally the Slamball confrontation we've been waiting for.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

I wanna read a 30 page babinsack treatise on how bruno would have dominated ufc in his prime with his dreaded bear hug

ChaosSmurf
Dec 26, 2011

BigRed0427 posted:

Ping Pong. Has to be Ping Pong.

Or Starcraft.

MICRO
EXPAND
MACRO
REPEAT

My client, Brock Lesnar, defeated your two-base all in despite a fast third at Wrestlemania!

and so on

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ChaosSmurf posted:

MICRO
EXPAND
MACRO
REPEAT

My client, Brock Lesnar, defeated your two-base all in despite a fast third at Wrestlemania!

and so on

Winner battles Josh Barnett at Hearthstone.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

https://twitter.com/MagofNaTaoTao/with_replies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Grendels Dad posted:

Hell's Kitchen!