Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Pripyat + Complete was starting to feel too easy so I thought I'd give Misery a try. Holy poo poo this mod. Found myself sneaking through the water around the beached boats on a foggy night hunting four mercenaries, armed with just a pistol and a few grenades. Tracked them by their headlamps and watched them scatter after I threw the grenade, they had no idea where I was so I snuck through the reeds and picked them off. Hooray, got $30 worth of lovely guns.

Then once I finally put them all down I got murdered by a pack of dogs on my way back home.

Is the merc faction supposed to be hostile by default or did something I've done aggro them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Saint Sputnik posted:

Is the merc faction supposed to be hostile by default or did something I've done aggro them?

Aggressive, with a loving awful respawn rate. Seriously, if you try to go by the gas station or Hatchet's Hidey Hole, bring lots of ammo. Firing any shots at that gas station will bring the masses upon you, including a good chance of Hatchet and his men.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Saint Sputnik posted:

Hooray, got $30 worth of lovely guns.

Then once I finally put them all down I got murdered by a pack of dogs on my way back home.

Such is life in the Zone.

Another round for Saint Sputnik! He was a good stalker.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
Faction war mod is a bit frustrating. The bandits have the worst mechanic out of all the factions. Not only that but your first objective is basically to eliminate another faction. For the bandits it's freedom. I'd rather not get rid of any faction but still be rewarded for taking territory. That way there'll be the maximum amount of hapless douchebags walking around.

This game by far has the best battles of every game. For an open world FPS, While the AI Totally fucks itself sometimes, the AI is incredibly good.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

NeoSeeker posted:

This game by far has the best battles of every game. For an open world FPS, While the AI Totally fucks itself sometimes, the AI is incredibly good.

When I went to clear out the big sewer plant infested with mercs while I was on Complete, it wasn't exactly easy but there was one point when I killed a guy just outside a doorway and five other guys came out, one by one, to crouch down and look at the body/ies without any concern for the fact that the killer was still a few feet away. Much, much tougher to clear the place out in Misery; I haven't even finished yet, I have to keep falling back.

And apparently brown grass down in the dry lakebed makes you 100% invisible. Makes for fun hunting, as I described, but during a subsequent fight I was startled by two guys looking right at me two feet away who still couldn't see me. No idea if that mechanic is in vanilla/Complete, there was never as much call for stealth.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Saint Sputnik posted:

When I went to clear out the big sewer plant infested with mercs while I was on Complete, it wasn't exactly easy but there was one point when I killed a guy just outside a doorway and five other guys came out, one by one, to crouch down and look at the body/ies without any concern for the fact that the killer was still a few feet away. Much, much tougher to clear the place out in Misery; I haven't even finished yet, I have to keep falling back.

And apparently brown grass down in the dry lakebed makes you 100% invisible. Makes for fun hunting, as I described, but during a subsequent fight I was startled by two guys looking right at me two feet away who still couldn't see me. No idea if that mechanic is in vanilla/Complete, there was never as much call for stealth.

Use the sewers underneath the compound to draw them in one at a time

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Robot Randy posted:

Use the sewers underneath the compound to draw them in one at a time

Alternately, there is an elevated concrete pipe behind the plant, with a metal laddery thing on its right, if you shimmy up there and crawl into the pipe, it spits you out next to owls mission stuff, you can have fun sniping at mercs from the pipe before you drop down inside there as well.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
I always take out the guys on the catwalks from the left side of the complex (nearest to the crashed heli in the swamp) using the big retaining walls for cover, then rush in through the break in the wall over to the trucks and sheds. The slope leading up towards the main building is great for cover and lobbing grenades from. Then it's usually just the leader and maybe one other mook in the building to take out.

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut
Is Misery worth trying for someone who beat vanilla CoP on max difficulty and is looking for a harder experience? Is it hard to the point of tediousness or are the complaints exaggerated?

I just reinstalled the game for the first time since release and I figured Complete would be too easy.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

folgore posted:

Is Misery worth trying for someone who beat vanilla CoP on max difficulty and is looking for a harder experience? Is it hard to the point of tediousness or are the complaints exaggerated?

I just reinstalled the game for the first time since release and I figured Complete would be too easy.

I enjoyed it but a lot of people seem to hate it, so YMMV.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

folgore posted:

I'd compare it to Dark Souls - you can get one-hit killed but 80-90 % of that would be from not paying attention (the rest is poo poo you can't see, like the time I quicksaved the second before a loving cat came out of nowhere and one-shotted me), and there's a nice feeling of progression - you can take more damage and do more damage, but still got murdered by a bandit if you're not careful.

My two complaints would be what a chore/cost it is to maintain guns and outfits, and how artifact hunting is basically not worth what you pour into it. The artifacts all have different effects from vanilla that really only help you hunt for other artifacts, no more health regen or +weight or anything.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

folgore posted:

Misery 1.0/1.2 is pretty fabulous, do not waste your time even installing misery 2.0.

Probottt
Dec 15, 2013

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Misery 1.0/1.2 is pretty fabulous, do not waste your time even installing misery 2.0.

Really? That's news to me. As someone who has only played misery 1.2 and only ever occasionally checks this thread, what was so bad about it?

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice

Pengu! posted:

Really? That's news to me. As someone who has only played misery 1.2 and only ever occasionally checks this thread, what was so bad about it?

Misery 2.0 is like playing under two different difficulty levels. You, the player, play at the Very Difficult level while the rest of the game plays Easy. Then, topped off with basically every bad game cliche rolled into some good graphics. So it ends up being a very nice looking piece of poo poo.

Drops suck, loot is sold for almost nothing but costs 10x what you sell it for (How is this still a thing in modern games? It has been a hallmark of terrible gaming for almost 20 years.), mobs see you from across the map (and outside your game render area if you aren't at maxed settings), mobs have full auto sniper rifles, everything low level takes 10 hits to die (always stopped player after 3 game days), you die in 2 hits or bleed to death, you can't carry more than 20 lbs of loot in your backpack because programmers don't understand what Load Baring Equipment is, and,perhaps worst of all other than the bolded part above, you only ever have enough money to do one of the following at a time: repair broken equipment, heal up & refit, or upgrade equipment, because everything is so prohibitively expensive in-game.

Then, to top it off, there literally isn't enough in-game money in circulation unless you get to a vender. NPCs carry 1.5-3k on them (unless you kill them, then it's $20), so if you join a patrol and kill an enemy patrol, loot everything, and try to go sell it to make ends meet, you can't because you are too encumbered to move. OK, sell it to the friendly NPCs? Sure for about half of what a vender will give you because they literally run out of money. Fine! I'll leave the poo poo and come back for a second trip. Nope, NPCs will pick it up after you drop it and you will never see it again. Even if you shoot them and loot their loving body. At that point, everyone becomes a psychic and knows that you killed a friendly NPC and the ONLY venders in the first part of the game won't let you into their shop. FINE, I'll find new venders! Not if you have piss poor gear. (Note: Russian SOF guys have piss poor gear when they go on mission) So re-load you save file and hope you have multiple running saves because by the time you got back to town and realized that you can't get in, you already resaved your main file like 3 times.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Two Feet From Bread posted:

mobs see you from across the map (and outside your game render area if you aren't at maxed settings), mobs have full auto sniper rifles, everything low level takes 10 hits to die (always stopped player after 3 game days), you die in 2 hits or bleed to death

I played the newest version pretty recently and didn't experience any of this. Didn't play enough to see how the economy is now but for some reason I doubt it's as bad as you're making it out to be.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Misery 2.0 introduces a lot of new gameplay mechanics and it is hard but a lot of my complaints went away after I hosed up and gave up and bitched about it in this thread and then went back and figured out what I was doing wrong a few weeks later after a patch and reading this thread. You basically have to put aside most of what you know about CoP and play it like a different game.

It is hard, and you start with no armor and poo poo guns and you'll die a lot and have to get a lot of headshots and stand on rocks to avoid dogs until you get that sorted. Economics really aren't too bad once you realize that while you can't run 20 feet without stopping to wheeze, you can carry an infinite stack of half-busted rifles 20 feet at a time back to the skadovsk. Different vendors buy different things for vastly different amounts aand you'll waste tons of money selling poo poo to the wrong vendor (military trash, drugs, guns and ammo to owl; artifacts, repair kits, food, day to day survival poo poo to beard). Never pay a vendor to repair anything, and don't buy weapons except from nimble, because you'll get ripped off every time you come back to camp if you do; a halfway ruined gun can be repaired to full with repair kits plus oil/rags for a few grand from beard, and after that you can patch everything up for a few hundred every time you come back to town with the cheapest repair kits, which is great and makes more sense than the repair kits that consume other guns in other mods. Stalkers, mercs and bandits can look pretty much the same so don't approach anyone (or get crept up on, for that matter) without scouting with binoculars and trying to listen in on them since the voices will give away bandits. You pretty much have to spend the first couple of hours gearing up before you can even think about advancing the plot and a lot of the shortcuts are going to be impossible (freebie weapons/armor are gone or inaccessible, anomalies will kill you until you get armor and a gas mask, and anything psy will kill you before you see it without a bunch of psy resistance). Don't expect to go straight to a sunrise/clear sky suit like normal, as you'll be endlessly frustrated getting to that point, but owl is selling these fine leather jackets...

That, and beyond quicksaving all the time you should get in the habit of saving every time you leave camp, every time you arrive at camp, every time you're in your last safe cover before you assault the jerks...

Once it clicks it's worth it. Misery 1.x is a fairly generic CoP mod in comparison. If you're having trouble I recommend rolling sniper and focusing your very existence on not interacting with anyone or anything unless you're initiating combat by shooting it in the head from behind a rock, uphill, with a bolt action rifle. Stay off the top of the ridge, move from cover to cover and scout ahead, turn up your sound, and if you realize you're in combat when you hear the gun that kills you right out in the open you're not paying attention like you should be. Sniper starts with a bolt action rifle and those are really powerful in the early game as they're accurate at range and they can punch through lovely body armor. I've cleared the merc base for owl with the starter rifle and a mosin and they're hilariously armed and armored for the start of the game. Assault is also solid but it's a slow start until you get an accurate assault rifle like an abakan with enough ammo and a scope to play sniper. Recon is hard.

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Sep 2, 2014

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I was going to just quote my old rants about misery 2.0 but most of it was apparently in the old thread, so just trust me when I say that it's a bad mod that is bad, and you're bad if you like it, because it's bad. It seriously improves the presentation in terms of graphics and sound, then ruins it anyway by making you sit in menus for ages hovering over its hundreds of identical-looking pointless knickknacks to see what they actually do, and wasting your time with terrible "immersive" animations and sounds every single time you use an item (in other words, every time you eat food or use a bandage or something you get to sit there for 5 seconds while the camera jiggles around and awkward eating noises play. this was considered a feature).

This isn't even touching on the gameplay, which managed to take all the absolute worst parts of CoP's gameplay and then ensure it's the only thing you get to experience when you aren't stuck in a menu trying to find your weapon's stats which just got pushed off the screen by the 10 paragraphs of unwanted historical info in its description. If you thought quicksaving every 5 seconds and then furiously reloading that quicksave tens of times to master the precision choreography required to get through even a single fight with a human enemy, I guess Misery 2.0 will be a pretty cool mod for you. That is not my idea of a fun time in a videogame.

The high point for me was headshotting an armorless bandit with the Mosin Nagant and watching him flinch as though a bug had just flown past his eye, before he then instantly killed me with a single shot from his full-auto weapon at a range that was almost too far for my scoped rifle to reliably hit him. I uninstalled it and went back to 1.2 after spending an hour to win that fight before I suddenly dropped dead from another group of clowns that had appeared 500 meters away and had just directed their aimbots in my direction.

I just checked and they actually removed the download links to 1.0/1.2 from the moddb page :laffo: Just play Redux instead if you want a good CoP mod. What's going on with Redux 2.0 right now anyway?

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Sep 2, 2014

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I agree that it seems like everyone who still hates misery 2.0 gave up before they got anywhere, the initial hurdle is pretty ridiculous but once you get some momentum you're all set and in the endgame you're still zeus hurling lightning bolts from on high

It's not perfect but it's a hardcore STALKER mod by mad spergs who know the base game better than anyone should and wanted it to be hard again, so idk what people were expecting

e: judging from my mods folder the last time I touched it was 2.0.2 plus some ddraig hotfixes so idk about anything that happened or changed after that

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Sep 2, 2014

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I've had many, many rants about Misery 2.0 and the thing that annoys me most is how the Dev team, particularly the project manager, are convinced of their infallibility even in the face of damning evidence. One of their latest patches was filled with lies about fixed bugs/features. I did pretty extensive work with Misery, off the books, trying to fix their poo poo and I succeeded with a lot of stuff. They supposedly included a substantial proportion of my work into the patches... when in fact they didn't. Basic stuff was not included, even though the patch notes claimed it was. I have received angry messages on moddb about my fixes and how they don't work, and people begging me to solve their Misery woes, when the reality is the dev team just straight up loving lied.

They love to give rambling, contorted logic as to why things the way they are (there was a very nice piece about the mercs in the waste processing station and why they are capable of seeing you from across the map based on the fact they're mercs - I would find it but I don't like wading through the forums more than necessary)

Their fans have an almost Jonestown level of devotion to the mod, despite the fact it is, without putting too fine a point on it, a poo poo sandwich. They will defend to the death any terrible decision, any unfixed bug, and will frequently tell people to 'get better' despite the fact that Misery doesn't even have a consistent difficulty curve since there is a chance, a very good chance, that virtually every other stalker will either be completely hostile or completely neutral, based on nothing more than the RNG. The fact some of the players encountered the latter option makes them convinced that everyone else, the vast majority, are bad at the mod because they had the odds slightly tilted in their favour.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Being unable to tell stalkers from bandits and getting attacked by random stalkers featured prominently in my first Misery 2.0 bitch post but in the end I just treated all NPCs like alpha squads unless I knew better, except that unlike alpha squads they're easy to kill when you have the jump on them

e: back on the general topic, is there anything new expanding on lost alpha yet? I played it for a while and the new maps are awesome but I got bored in yantar because everything was so empty and it was really a chore to do all the running around for Sin

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Sep 2, 2014

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Don't listen to Gestalt Intellect, he's an idiot and a philanderer. Misery's pretty okay, and that's just fine.

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut
Well thanks for the responses. I'll probably download it and see for myself considering opinions are so divided. What about the other mods in the OP, Swartz/SGM? Are they still worth a try? Really just looking for something that will spice up the game as someone who has played through it twice already.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Arsenal Overhaul is great if you like guns. But don't ever put water bottles into your quickslot. :v:

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

folgore posted:

Well thanks for the responses. I'll probably download it and see for myself considering opinions are so divided. What about the other mods in the OP, Swartz/SGM? Are they still worth a try? Really just looking for something that will spice up the game as someone who has played through it twice already.

Maybe it's different for me because I haven't been playing any Stalker games long, haven't even beat Pripyat, so I didn't go into it with any idea of what a Stalker game "should be like." It's a very deliberate mod -- you're forced to weigh the cost against the benefits in every situation, from buying or selling gear to entering combat, and to stop and look around and listen when you're out in the wilds. Shootouts are just a matter of who sees who first, I haven't found the enemies to be particularly psychic. Plenty of times they've walked past me when I use cover right.

And understand in my impression of it that I'm a guy who 1) gets pretty mad at bullshit in games like cheap deaths and dying over and over again, but I haven't found that in Misery because I see it as having to find just the right moves to respond to a situation. I'm thinking of my attempt to get to the chopper in the iron forest -- there are now two Controllers there and a bunch of zombies, and even after I got through all that, other random enemies spawned in every direction I went until I finally lucked out and found a team of stalkers wandering around who could take the heat off me. And 2) I play Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas with the most immersive mods I can find, short of the need to bathe and piss, so things like being forced to take a bit of time when you eat or use a med instead of pausing and chugging 20 potions is an enjoyable challenge.

Ddraig posted:

I did pretty extensive work with Misery, off the books, trying to fix their poo poo and I succeeded with a lot of stuff.

Can I have a link/description of your patches? I haven't really encountered anything I consider a bug, but the prices are a little poo poo and I'd at least like to see about making artifact hunting worth a drat. And what the hell did they do with the tool sets, did they move them or just get rid of them entirely? I'm a little mad at not being able to get many gear mods yet.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
no biggies, just stuff like making anabiotics work, making sure class bonuses actually apply to classes not just assault and sniper (recon had zero fixes applied and the elements that were supposed to apply to him weren't), fixing easily repeatable crashes like forced sleep causing the game to crash, broken weapon values between classes, completely non-functional elements like Stalkers always being hostile, Noah vanishing, controllers killing you instantly, suits not functioning, incorrect settings flats etc

Basically doing the most basic rudimentary QA that they couldn't be bothered to do because it takes effort

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

I had Noah vanish on me and was forced to go back to an earlier save, and I rolled Recon, had no idea none of the bonuses were applied. That's lovely.

Maybe I've just developed a high tolerance for broken poo poo in mods and modmakers being primadonnas/their fans being sycophants because :nexus:

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
As for tool kits, good luck finding any of them. They all spawn in different locations dependant on class, but once again they didn't do QA so some classes get duplicates, others are missing some and there's a chance they might never spawn at all.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

I caught up on your posts looking for your latest patch and read about how shabbily the dev team's been to you, sorry to hear it.

But I take it this is your latest patch, from December?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3572610&userid=83689&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post422682456

For an older version of Misery?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I'm not sure how old that is. It was probably for the version that didn't include the mutant looting features (which were also broken)

After reading the patch notes and noticing that a good 75% of what they said was included hadn't been and old bugs returning, I decided to say 'gently caress it' to Misery as I have better things to be doing than fixing something that clearly doesn't want to be fixed :v:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
One of my biggest problems with Misery, even with vanilla stalker, is the price of things. After it was explained to me that 6,000 ru does not even come close to equating to 6,000 usd (6000 rub translates roughly to 120 bucks) I thought "Oh, that's honestly not that bad to get an ak transferred in I suppose!" But take the most valuable artifact in CoP, the kolobok, is worth 19,600 RB or 560 American dollars (in Misery that buys you some candy). So you're telling me that these loving objects that effortlessly warp time and space, that require life and limb to be risked to get, are worth at most 560 US dollars.
If you're going to change the currency to reflect the real price, fine! I'm very down for that (cause the 1000 rubs you pay for 50 5.56 rounds equals twenty bucks). But if you decide that artifacts are worth the same as 3 bars of candy and soda or a single medkit you can go gently caress yourself.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
How many RB is a piece of bread.
20 rubles.
How much can an artifact go for? Anywhere from 1000 RB to 20,000 RB.

This is not made to reflect what the actual cost is. If anything, in this universe, rubles are infinitely more valuable than any other kind of currency because of how insanely lucrative the zone is. Either way it's a means of balancing a game. Use some suspension of disbelieve for once in your life... Just kidding... but seriously.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I'm not sure if the latest version of Misery is okay, but 2.0 fanpatched was surprisingly good. The extra useless items (like used cigs or some broken picture frame) were removed and health was tweaked back to normal values. Prices are still astronomical but things get trivial once you hit that "power bump" at the end of Zaton where you start making thousands and have power armor.

Misery 2 patched has the best gunplay and stealth action of any mod I've played by far. The only problem is that it's the only real part of the mod that is done well. But at this point I don't know if the devs tried upsetting the balance the fanpatchers set or if they screwed their heads back on tight but like Ddraig said I doubt it.

e: That said if someone surgically removed the stealth and gunplay system of patched Misery 2 and put it into their presumably well rounded mod I would play it forever. :allears:

e2: since i'm walking through a minefield here, I want to point out that Misery 2 alone without the patch had horrible damage values and multiple headshots on a bandit were necessary and you were made of glass.

buglord fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Sep 3, 2014

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

So misery needs to have a baby with Redux and The Faction Wars?

I dunno about you guys but being a loner in The Faction War is probably the most unadulterated purest stalker mod out there right now. Even with all of its flaws, best mod out there right now. The game constantly provokes conflict and at the end of the day the best part about Stalker are the skirmishes and battles with human targets and mutants lurking around. The Faction Wars adds to this exponentially. You can recruit followers and you have to manage their inventory and keep up their gear as well as your own. It makes for a nice cycle in that you're constantly spending lots of money to get more money which is subsequently mostly spent upon the essentials like ammo, medkits, food and other supplies. Actually upgrading your equipment and getting cool new gear is completely pushed out of the way simply for the need to survive long enough to get an upgrade here and there.

If you roll with it The Faction War is, again, the perfect stalker mod.

This game world is the most dynamic world out there today. Bar none, nothing even comes close.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Sep 3, 2014

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NeoSeeker posted:

How many RB is a piece of bread.
20 rubles.
How much can an artifact go for? Anywhere from 1000 RB to 20,000 RB.

This is not made to reflect what the actual cost is. If anything, in this universe, rubles are infinitely more valuable than any other kind of currency because of how insanely lucrative the zone is. Either way it's a means of balancing a game. Use some suspension of disbelieve for once in your life... Just kidding... but seriously.

Maybe I should've leveled that complaint at misery 2.0 directly. Cause that's where the issue is. 19,000 RB in CoP is nothing to sneeze at. That same amount in Misery is loving nothing since their adjustment for 'realism' is so baffling.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
Does Arsenal Overhaul just change the guns? I've played CoP to the point I know it like the back of my hand it it's a bit dull doing the same missions in the same areas again and again.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Just started a game of the latest misery patch as assault, not dark mode, not black road. It started me at the ranger station, which was clear, and the basic tools were there where misery always put them. On the way out I spotted 4 well-dressed bandits on the low road heading to the dock cranes so I crept up behind them and easily took them all out from uphill crouching behind one of the metal guards on the side of the road with half a mag from my starter Stg 44 (most of which missed at that range, firing in 2 shot bursts). Two pseudodogs got the drop on me, one bit me a couple of times, I killed them both easily with the Stg 44 and survived with 75% of my health and no bleeding. The bandits' guns were beyond saving/selling/repairing but I got an AK scope, ammo and grenades along with some vendor trash. Went to the skadovsk, sold some junk, bought some ammo and a scope with 10k to spare.

If anything this is a lot easier than it was ~9 months ago, nothing seems bullet spongy, pseudodogs don't drop you in one shot, bandits aren't aimbots.

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Sep 3, 2014

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Does anyone here do anything with audio? I'd ask Daemonion but he seems really busy.

I'm going to need a reload sound for a Mini-14 with brand new animations.

Once I get a video of the animation I can edit this post with the video so you have an idea of what you'd be working with.

Best way to contact me is to message me at ModDB (username: jketiynu ).

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun

nexus6 posted:

Does Arsenal Overhaul just change the guns? I've played CoP to the point I know it like the back of my hand it it's a bit dull doing the same missions in the same areas again and again.
There's a lot more harder hitting weapons in circulation and with the Pripyat Reborn addon it makes thing a lot more interesting.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Lost Alpha opening cinematic. Wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

MariusLecter posted:

Lost Alpha opening cinematic. Wow.

Should've got the lady who did the Peace Walker cutscenes