Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
The choices can be from WWE, TNA, WCW or hell, even UFC if you feel like it.

To get us started:

December to Dismember

The very first WWE-ECW show was an absolute disaster before it even began. With a horrendous buyrate the show didn’t even please the miniscule amount of viewers it had. The undercard matches consisted of boring, short matches that no one could have possibly cared about and which just cemented WWE-ECW’s terrible status. Then came the main event. An Elimination Chamber match between CM Punk, Big Show, Bobby Lashley, Hardcore Holly and RVD. Instead of having Punk win we were instead treated to him being eliminated first and Lashley winning, with the entire crowd booing the show so badly it went off the air 15 minutes early. This was the PPV that destroyed ECW.

Bash at the Beach 2000

A generally boring as gently caress show that gets its claim to fame for being the event where Russo messed up a shoot so bad he managed to not only get sued but gently caress up the big storyline for the next year AND have Hogan leave WCW. Debatably worth watching if only to see Russo call Hogan a ‘bald son of a bitch’. Also a graveyard match featuring the KISS demon and a Wedding Gown match just in case you gave a poo poo about the undercard.

Victory Road 11

The biggest match of the night between the two biggest stars of the show is over in 88 seconds because Jeff Hardy is stoned out of his gourd. Bischoff and Sting are clearly pissed off and the entire crowd boos the living gently caress out of the show. Really, this is the show that sums up how terrible TNA could be. I felt legitimately embarrassed for everyone in the ring during the main event. The match is so short you can clearly hear the commentary team scramble for anything possible to say and they simply decided to sum up the entire show.

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Sep 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Victory Road 2009

Infamous for the "MINUS FIVE STARS!" match between Sharmell and Jenna Morasca, but there is not a single good match on the rest of the show (which was another one of the "let's put heat on the heel stable by having them win everything" PPVs). Bad finishes, bad matches, just bad all around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78TlpvYedug

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I nominate the '91 Great American Bash. The Bash 2 years prior to this is considered one of the all-time great PPVs, but Flair recently bailed on the company and this show is just awful chaos, culminating in an enormous "WE WANT FLAIR!" chant during the Luger/Windham match for the vacant Western States WCW title.

It also opens with a scaffold match. I said a goddamn SCAFFOLD MATCH.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Fall Brawl '98 is a boring piece of poo poo that has a bunch of lovely matches and angles that drag out far too long and the entire thing exists to set up Hogan vs Warrior II at Halloween Havoc '98. Perry Saturn vs Raven is the only decent match. It is bad.

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.
The answer I give to this question is Uncensored 95, seriously go watch that thing on the network. It features such great matches as:

1. Meng v Hacksaw Duggan in a MARTIAL ARTS MATCH yes Hacksaw Jim Duggan in a a MARTIAL ARTS MATCH.
2. A boxing vs wrestling match??
3. The Main event was a Strap Match that has an ending that makes absolutely no sense and finally
4. The King of The Road Match: Where Golddust fought some guy in the back of a truck that was moving like 6 mph.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I nominate the '91 Great American Bash. The Bash 2 years prior to this is considered one of the all-time great PPVs, but Flair recently bailed on the company and this show is just awful chaos, culminating in an enormous "WE WANT FLAIR!" chant during the Luger/Windham match for the vacant Western States WCW title.

It also opens with a scaffold match. I said a goddamn SCAFFOLD MATCH.

Isn't that also the one where the crowd intentionally sat on their hands and the arena was dead silent until the chant during the championship match?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

OldTennisCourt posted:

Debatably worth watching if only to see Russo call Hogan a ‘bald son of a bitch’.

I seem to remember some interview with Russo where he said he planted breadcrumbs so attentive fans would think it was a shoot shoot instead of a worked shoot.

The breadcrumbs being that he wore a different hat and shirt.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
The answer is Heroes of Wrestling.

-Shiek/Volkoff vs the Bushwackers: the worst tag match of all time.

-production qualities straight out of a middle school AV club

-Jake the Snake coked up to heroic levels, giving the funniest most hosed up promo of all time (you wanna play 21, I got 22) then staggering and losing it during his match with Jim Neidhart so much that they had to book it to a tag match on the fly. Then the ending gets hosed up by Yokozuna setting Jake up to DDT the promoter and Jake just stands there swaying.

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Sep 2, 2014

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

-Shiek/Volkoff vs the Bushwackers: the worst tag match of all time.

-production qualities straight out of a middle school AV club

-Jake the Snake coked up to heroic levels, giving the funniest promo of all time then staggering and losing it during his match with Jim Neidhart so much that they had to book it to a tag match on the fly. Then the ending gets hosed up by Yokozuna setting Jake up to DDT the promoter and Jake just stands there swaying.

I feel like Heroes of Wrestling is almost cheating in a way. It's bad in a way no other PPV is, it's honestly a truly depressing experience watching it.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I keep seeing New Blood Rising mentioned in this discussion...can someone explain just why that PPV was so historically bad?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Kirios posted:

I keep seeing New Blood Rising mentioned in this discussion...can someone explain just why that PPV was so historically bad?

Peak :russo: gently caress finishes, bad matches, and unsatisfying conclusions.

how the gently caress did i forget to mention the Judy Bagwell on a Forklift stipulation match

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Heroes of Wrestling. From the wikipedia page: "recognized as the worst major wrestling PPV of 1999 by the Wrestling Observer newsletter, and throughout the years has called the tag team match between the Bushwackers and Sheik/Volkoff one of the worst wrestling matches ever if not the worst. Observer editor Dave Meltzer gave that match the number of "Absolute Zero," while Bryan Alvarez of Figure Four Weekly gave it "minus more stars than there are stars in the universe, and the universe is infinite"."

This also has one of the :smith:-est Jake the Snake promos ever where he is clearly all sorts of hosed up on drugs and just dribbles complete bullshit out of his mouth for what felt like an eternity. His "only intelligible sentence" consisted of: "You don't want to play cards with me because I'll cheat. Okay? I cheat. You wanna play 21? I've got 22. You want to play blackjack? I've got two of those too!".

Oh and every match on the card was a "grudge match". The "promotion" (being extremely generous here) didn't have any history, or championships, so the only thing on the line was grudges. Between guys who had probably never met.

I think the Pisscast figured out that the average weight of the guys in this event was over 300 pounds. They were planning three more shows if they hit their break even point of 40k buys, but only got about two-thirds of that and combined with the subsequent universal panning of the event, cancelled them completely.

It's all on YouTube for the sake of posterity, but it's loving woeful and should probably never be watched by anyone.

edit: godfucking dammit. Oh well, leaving this here because of the extra stuff I put in. Don't watch it. I leave you with this image of Jake with his snake between his legs. He pretended it was his dick and then he jerked it for a bit. Really.

Memento fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Sep 2, 2014

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

nWo Souled Out, the event that proved that it was in fact possible to be too sweet. Highlights include the nWo riding to the venue on a fleet of garbage trucks, Big Bossman running over Hugh Morris with a motorcycle, Buff Bagwell and Scotty Riggs having one of the best matches of the night, Eric Bischoff groping ugly middle-aged women in a Miss nWo contest, and basically everything being filmed with a lovely fisheye lens effect. Had the PPV succeeded there were plans in place to do a brand split of WCW with Nitro going to the nWo and Saturday Night to WCW, which would almost certainly have accelerated the company's demise by about two years. Everything about Souled Out is peak-WCW right down to the fact that failure was the only option and success would have hosed the company even worse.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Sep 2, 2014

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

Kirios posted:

6 words: Judy Bagwell on a Forklift match.

That's not even the worst loving part, also the awful mud wrestling match that transforms into a miscarriage angle, a tag clusterfuck that had like 10 special guest refs, the loving Canadian Rules match that was literally just Jacques Rougeau continually screwing Mike Awesome out of beating Lance Storm, to make storm a HEEL. IN CANADA. and then Bret Hart just comes out and hugs??? And finally, it has the absolute worst worked shoot poo poo ever when goldberg refuses to go up for the jackknife powerbomb and the commentating team go on about how, "oh steiner is so professional for going up for it, that drat goldberg isnt following the script."

Its the loving worst thing ever. god alive.

All that needs to be said is the ppv is named for a stable that died before the ppv aired. Fuckin WCW.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Madtrixr posted:

And finally, it has the absolute worst worked shoot poo poo ever when goldberg refuses to go up for the jackknife powerbomb and the commentating team go on about how, "oh steiner is so professional for going up for it, that drat goldberg isnt following the script."

I never saw it, but that sounds amazing. In the worst possible way.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I watched this after it hearing it listed as the worst PPV of all time, and yeah, it's quite awful.

Here's an amusing Botchamania dedicated to it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWyW0SDdw9k

240p off a VHS tape for appropriate viewing quality to boot :haw:

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

StarkRavingMad posted:

I never saw it, but that sounds amazing. In the worst possible way.

Oh its awful. Its so ironic that when they tried to force "real" poo poo so hard that it came off extra fake, and no one but the markiest mark ever fell for it. But WCW never understood that, and that is why they loving died.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Rodman Down Under should get a mention.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Well, if we can nominate MMA PPVs, then I nominate this.

UFC 151. The (first) UFC PPV that never happened.

Coming off a decision victory over former training partner, Rashad Evans, Jon "Bones" Jones was stated to face Goon favorite, Dan "Hendo" Henderson for the UFC Light Heavyweight title at UFC 151 in September of 2012. However, less than a week before the bout, Henderson pulled out of the fight, citing an injury (He was actually injured three weeks prior, but kept quiet about it because he still wanted to fight). Chael Sonnen, also a goon favorite, volunteered to step in on roughly a weeks notice to fight Jones, who was a weight class above him at the time; Jones declined. The entire event was then scrapped. Jones would move on to defend his title at the following PPV, UFC 152 against noted mutant and foot fetishist, Vitor Belfort. Sonnen would eventually challenge Jones for the title, only to be defeated by 1st round TKO.

The whole situation is an example on how the dependence on one mega fight on a card can be disastrous if that fight were not to happen. The blame for the cancellation of 151 is varied, depending on who you talk to. Jones, for not taking an easy defense and screwing other fighters out of a payday; Jones' head trainer, Greg Jackson, who was blamed by Dana White, head of the UFC; Dana White himself, for creating weak cards that can fall apart if the main fight falls apart; and even Dan Henderson has been blamed in some circles for not disclosing of his injury sooner.

Okuteru fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Sep 2, 2014

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Forceholy posted:

Well, if we can nominate MMA PPVs, then I nominate this.

UFC 151. The (first) UFC PPV that never happened.

Coming off a decision victory over former training partner, Rashad Evans, Jon "Bones" Jones was stated to face Goon favorite, Dan "Hendo" Henderson for the UFC Light Heavyweight title at UFC 151 in September of 2012. However, less than a week before the bout, Henderson pulled out of the fight, citing an injury (He was actually injured three weeks prior, but kept quiet about it because he still wanted to fight). Chael Sonnen, also a goon favorite, volunteered to step in on roughly a weeks notice to fight Jones, who was a weight class above him at the time. Jones declined. The entire event was scrapped. Jones would move on to defend his title at the folling PPV, UFC 152 against noted mutant and foot fetishist, Vitor Belfort. Sonnen would eventually challenge Jones for the title, only to be defeated by 1st round TKO.

The whole situation is an example on how the dependence on one mega fight on a card can be disastrous if that fight were not to happen. The blame for the cancellation of 151 is varied, depending on who you talk to. Jones, for not taking an easy defense and screwing other fighters out of a payday; Jones' head trainer, Greg Jackson, who was blamed by Dana White, head of the UFC; Dana White himself, for creating weak cards that can fall apart if the main fight falls apart; and even Dan Henderson has been blamed in some circles for not disclosing of his injury sooner.

One highlight from this story - Dana called Chael who accepted the fight, because Chael is a company man, but had previously called several other fighters who had all declined (Machida was one off the top of my head, I can't remember the others). There was however one fighter in the UFC who called Dana up by his own volition telling Dana he would fight Jones on a weeks notice.

That man was the then (relatively outside of the guys on this forum) unknown Chris Weidman, current Middleweight Champion, who told Dana he didn't fear Jones at all and when he didn't get this fight (as Jones v Weidman wouldn't have sold really) he did show his complete lack of fear by dominating Anderson Silva in two different fights anyway. Chris Weidman rules.

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

Say, do you take your mask off when you go to the bathroom?

Everybody knows this as the show in which Triple H won the WWE Title, successfully defended it, and lost it over the course of one night. However, there was plenty more awful booking on the show.

- Opened with a 20 minute Vince and HHH promo that had fans chanting for Chris Jericho
- Great Khali vs. Batista in the Punjabi Prison
- Matt Hardy and MVP got a ten minute segment for a pizza eating contest that ended with Matt puking on MVP
- Meanwhile, ECW Champ CM Punk got less than 2 minutes in which looked like total poo poo against Big Daddy V

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

When did New Blood Rising happen in reference to the infamous Nitro where the new guys were clearly heel as gently caress but they were trying to push them as faces? I always get the PPV and that episode merged in my head.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

DJExile posted:

When did New Blood Rising happen in reference to the infamous Nitro where the new guys were clearly heel as gently caress but they were trying to push them as faces? I always get the PPV and that episode merged in my head.

New Blood started mid-April. They stopped being a unit in July after Russo's shoot at Bash at the Beach. New Blood Rising was the August PPV.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

OldTennisCourt posted:

December to Dismember

The very first WWE-ECW show was an absolute disaster before it even began. With a horrendous buyrate the show didn’t even please the miniscule amount of viewers it had. The undercard matches consisted of boring, short matches that no one could have possibly cared about and which just cemented WWE-ECW’s terrible status. Then came the main event. An Elimination Chamber match between CM Punk, Big Show, Bobby Lashley, Hardcore Holly and RVD. Instead of having Punk win we were instead treated to him being eliminated first and Lashley winning, with the entire crowd booing the show so badly it went off the air 15 minutes early. This was the PPV that destroyed ECW.

A note on this event - The original listed card for the "EXTREME ELIMINATION CHAMBER" was Punk-Show-Lashley-RVD-Test-Sabu, with 2 ECW originals in the match. Apparently at the request of Vince, Sabu was written out halfway through the show and replaced with Hardcore Holly, who nobody was excited to see ever. I think that was one of the biggest reasons the crowd poo poo all over that match. Watching the entire event, especially in hindsight, it's very hard to believe that Vince wasn't trying to intentionally sabotage the thing.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Paul flipped out and quit or got fired after that event due to Vince's meddling if I remember.

Another thing is I'm pretty sure there was only 1 announced match on that show.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

DJExile posted:

I hear this all the time but the New Blood were never ever meant to be babyfaces. It's just that Vince Russo is a bad booker, nothing more.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
December to Dismember was also originally scheduled to be in an ECW city either Philly or NY I can't remember, but was moved to Jacksonville Florida. So yeah I'm fairly sure that PPV was sabotaged from above(not that it would've been a great show either way). My guess is Vince always wanted ECW to be more of a developmental show than its own real brand so he was determined to make that happen.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Sep 2, 2014

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

LordPants posted:

Paul flipped out and quit or got fired after that event due to Vince's meddling if I remember.

From what I've read it was a little bit of both. When the show was over and everyone was aptly making GBS threads all over it Heyman tried to use it as justification why he should have been able to book the show on his own without Vince's input, and Vince spun it as "this is what happens when I don't have total creative control". So Vince definitely scapegoated Heyman and probably used it as justification to either fire him or get him off of booking, but Heyman was furious and done at that point anyway by the sound of it.

Q7kid
Jul 24, 2009

LordPants posted:

Another thing is I'm pretty sure there was only 1 announced match on that show.

There were two: the Chamber match and Hardys vs. MNM, which was billed as the Hardys' one-night-only reunion as I recall.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

-Jake the Snake coked up to heroic levels, giving the funniest most hosed up promo of all time (you wanna play 21, I got 22) then staggering and losing it during his match with Jim Neidhart so much that they had to book it to a tag match on the fly. Then the ending gets hosed up by Yokozuna setting Jake up to DDT the promoter and Jake just stands there swaying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzwIo5O99vc

This is really amazing, and with Jake's recovery going well these days I no longer feel guilty watching it.

It seems wrong to say that DtD destroyed ECW since it lasted another 3 years. It might have been what drove Heyman away, but you got a lot of awesome wrestling there in those next 3 years.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
I heard that Dutch Mantell had a shoot where he talked about Heroes of Wrestling, but I haven't seen it. Does anyone have a link?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

LightsGameraAction posted:

A note on this event - The original listed card for the "EXTREME ELIMINATION CHAMBER" was Punk-Show-Lashley-RVD-Test-Sabu, with 2 ECW originals in the match. Apparently at the request of Vince, Sabu was written out halfway through the show and replaced with Hardcore Holly, who nobody was excited to see ever. I think that was one of the biggest reasons the crowd poo poo all over that match. Watching the entire event, especially in hindsight, it's very hard to believe that Vince wasn't trying to intentionally sabotage the thing.

Also worth mentioning this is Big Show in his worst possible shape, and while being sold as a monster he's visibly struggling just to stand up and breathe in his pod for most of the match.

The rules of the EXTREME ELIMINATION CHAMBER include that everyone gets to pick a weapon. Two people have things that could legitimately murder another person if you actually used them in any sensible manner (baseball bat covered in barbed wire, steel crowbar), so they have to do the kind of nonsensical thrust moves HHH does with a sledgehammer and then lose those weapons pretty quickly in order to avoid actually caving in anyone's skull.

The poor bastard who came in last -- Lashley I think -- got stuck with a table as his weapon. That's not a weapon, it's a prop. The announcers don't sell this as a screwy thing but instead put over how dangerous a table is. For what it's worth, the table actually gets used in an interesting spot (Lashley using it to smash his way out of the pod after they lock him in there). It just seemed hilariously out of place in the context of the other weapons.

Sadly, this is probably the most entertaining match of the night since the rest of the card was:

Stevie Richards v Rene Dupree
The Hardy Boys v MNM
Balls Mahoney v Matt Striker
Elijah Burke & Sylvester Terkay v FBI (Little Guido & Mamaluke)
Daivari (w/ Great Khali) v. Dreamer
Kevin Thorn & Ariel v. Mike Knox & Kelly Kelly (Intergender Tag Team)

Look at that card. Just take a minute to soak that thing in. And it featured highlights like Balls Mahoney wrestling a technical match since it was a "Striker's Rules Match" which was like "no hair pulling, no top rope moves, and no foul language." You had Dreamer rejecting EMT help and literally crawling offstage after a chokebomb by Khali. Mike Knox walked out on Kelly Kelly because she kept hitting on CM Punk and left her to be murdered by the other two. Ariel wore a tutu/thong combo that basically showed off her whole rear end and was probably the most interesting thing in the undercard.

Man, what a show.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Sprecherscrow posted:

It seems wrong to say that DtD destroyed ECW since it lasted another 3 years.

Yes and no. Following the success of the original One Night Stand there was an actual effort on WWE's part to revive ECW as it's own proper brand with it's own roster, rival programming, and PPV events that all ran concurrently to WWE. The idea was to try and re-capture the interest from the Monday Night Wars by creating "competition" that couldn't fail because it was ultimately bankrolled by WWE. Vince put Heyman in charge at first, but of course the idea was so insane that no network would touch it. They tried throughout 06-07 to repeatedly drum up interest in the concept but according to basically everyone who worked there at the time, since Vince ultimately signed the paychecks he never got comfortable with letting a "rival" brand exist without his input. As a result he wound up undercutting just about every idea to promote the show with an idea that he could use to promote his other shows (ECW Champ Big Show, Lashley, ECW champ McMahon) and ran Heyman out of the company in the process.

So yes ECW did last for another 3 years, but DtD was basically the last nail in the coffin of the best shot ECW ever had of being a legitimate brand name again. Every One Night Stand post-DtD was a WWE promoted event, not ECW exclusive.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Q7kid posted:

There were two: the Chamber match and Hardys vs. MNM, which was billed as the Hardys' one-night-only reunion as I recall.

And the Hardys vs. MNM match was only advertised online.

The show took place a mere two weeks after the last PPV.

I recall reading about how Vince actually thought he did a great job and the PPV was very good after it happened. Then he slept on it and realized it was terrible.

CaptainYesterday posted:

Rodman Down Under should get a mention.

I believe Wrestlecrap covered that one and it looked seriously bad. If it's the one I'm thinking of, like six out of the eight matches featured pretend rape.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
When you order a ppv are you looking for:
- A Savio Vega match
- Shawn Michaela going 15 minutes with Kama?
- another Savio Vega match?
- a kiss my foot math with Jerry Lawler and Bret Hart, complete with terrible foot makeup?
- The Undertaker jobbing to...Mabel?
- Another loving Savio match?
- a tag match main event, with nothing on the line?

Well if you're looking for this, then the 1995 King if the Ring is for you! And if that's not enough track down the pre-game show where you can get another Savio match absolutely free! Order now on the WWE network for only $9.99!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

CopywrightMMXI posted:

When you order a ppv are you looking for:
- A Savio Vega match
- Shawn Michaela going 15 minutes with Kama?
- another Savio Vega match?
- a kiss my foot math with Jerry Lawler and Bret Hart, complete with terrible foot makeup?
- The Undertaker jobbing to...Mabel?
- Another loving Savio match?
- a tag match main event, with nothing on the line?

Well if you're looking for this, then the 1995 King if the Ring is for you! And if that's not enough track down the pre-game show where you can get another Savio match absolutely free! Order now on the WWE network for only $9.99!

How did you not mention the most infamous part of that whole show, the commentary?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Pariah Rex posted:

The answer I give to this question is Uncensored 95, seriously go watch that thing on the network. It features such great matches as:

1. Meng v Hacksaw Duggan in a MARTIAL ARTS MATCH yes Hacksaw Jim Duggan in a a MARTIAL ARTS MATCH.
2. A boxing vs wrestling match??
3. The Main event was a Strap Match that has an ending that makes absolutely no sense and finally
4. The King of The Road Match: Where Golddust fought some guy in the back of a truck that was moving like 6 mph.

Came in here to nominate this, but was there ever a good Uncensored?

1996 is The Alliance To End Hulkamania mess.

1997 is the Team Piper mess.

1998 is, at best, forgettable and is probably the best Uncensored just by not being forthrightly offensive. There is probably some poo poo here I'm forgetting but it's not in the league of the other lovely Uncensoreds.

1999 features an abominable Flair/Hogan steel cage first blood barbed wire match that is more overbooked than even the name suggests.

2000 is the five-star Yappappi Strap Match and the Lumberjacks In Casts match.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Has there ever been a non garbage strap match ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

OldTennisCourt posted:

Has there ever been a non garbage strap match ?

The Savio Vega/Steve Austin one is the only "Well it wasn't TOTALLY terrible" strap match.

• Locked thread