Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Fiasco owns and is possibly the best game. Another game in a similar vein I want everyone to play to justify my purchase is One Last Job, which is all about getting the team back together for the Big Score despite the fact you all hate each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mr. Maltose posted:

Fiasco owns and is possibly the best game. Another game in a similar vein I want everyone to play to justify my purchase is One Last Job, which is all about getting the team back together for the Big Score despite the fact you all hate each other.

Well, you're the worst for making me buy another game.

Has anyone played Ribbon Drive? It looks fascinating but I'm hesitant to drop any money on it, because it is hard enough to get people together for several hours to play a single game, much less ask them to bring a mix-CD with them.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
Confirmed.

The best game is Don't Rock the Boat. Seriously, look at these penguins.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Recently somebody offered me a chance to pitch a board game idea to a local company but even though I've thought it would be nice to make games, I am not a board game designer. So lately I've been desperately looking up game design stuff.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

MildManeredManikin posted:

Recently somebody offered me a chance to pitch a board game idea to a local company but even though I've thought it would be nice to make games, I am not a board game designer. So lately I've been desperately looking up game design stuff.

I am so crazy jealous. I had an opportunity to design an educational game for a startup once but they were all crazy and had bad ideas and I never got paid!

I have several folders full of completed game designs that I haven't prototyped if you wanna talk sometime!

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

Play a bunch of Go Fish and Old Maid and you'll come up with something good. Use some dice too. Nerds love dice.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
kill all dice.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

You lucky son a bitch. I recommend that you check out the board game thread, it's a surprisingly diverse market.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

kill all dice.

No, dice are cool. But only d12s.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

I am so crazy jealous. I had an opportunity to design an educational game for a startup once but they were all crazy and had bad ideas and I never got paid!

I have several folders full of completed game designs that I haven't prototyped if you wanna talk sometime!

Yeah I'm assuming that this isn't going to go 'correctly' like they'll be weird or I'll just not actually get the chance in the first place for whatever reason. It's a good kick in the pants to doing something I might like to do though.

Also I do actually know some stuff about board games guys.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Juanito posted:

Play a bunch of Go Fish and Old Maid and you'll come up with something good. Use some dice too. Nerds love dice.

I've planned on this mechanic where you draw on a random card and then to see if it works you spin a wheel that tells you how many dice you roll. Then you flip a coin to decide if the result is good or bad. Also all of the miniatures are just boobs.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

I've planned on this mechanic where you draw on a random card and then to see if it works you spin a wheel that tells you how many dice you roll. Then you flip a coin to decide if the result is good or bad. Also all of the miniatures are just boobs.

Goons: The board game.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Juanito posted:

I haven't even heard of any of these games.

I thought people were talking about their favorite drinks!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

I thought people were talking about their favorite drinks!

What do you think the Mage Knight drink would be like?

Also how is not day one yet, submit your actions already

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

What do you think the Mage Knight drink would be like?

Pretty loving Awesome

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Also how is not day one yet, submit your actions already

Lazy so and sos! I have already submitted all of my N0 actions that I have*!

*Number of N0 actions may be zero.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I feel like I've signed up for the wrong game. When does the mafia start?

Also, those penguins own.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

D1 will start tonight. I unexpectedly have rugby practice so I may not be able to turn the game over at 11:30 as anticipated but I will do it before I head to sleep.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
ugh, what kind of goon plays sports

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The sun rises, as do many of the denizens of the Apocalypse. Some of you slept, some of you were creeping around during the night. It's a fuckin' ugly mess of a day as tensions start to rise. Everyone knows that everything that's been built up from the concrete, grime, oil, and maybe a little bit of water and hope - everything in this shithole of a World - everything depends on the next few days. You all look at each other, all knowing that in a few short hours, people would, unless hell froze over, start dying. That's the way it goes in Apocalypse World. Get busy living, or get busy dying.

It is now Day 1.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
My n0 action was blocked you crazy fuckers.

Which one of you did it!

I could have held all the powers but instead I now have none. :(

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (11): CapitalistPig, fiery_valkyrie, Grandicap, Hal Incandenza, Jedit, Juanito, Meinberg, MildManeredManikin, Mr. Maltose, Somberbrero, Winson_Paine

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 05th, 2014 at 7:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 19 hours.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Oh hey when did Votefinder get a new avatar.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Mr. Maltose posted:

Oh hey when did Votefinder get a new avatar.

Like a month ago.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Oh, also

##vote jedit

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

Oh, also

##vote jedit

True.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Are you referring to CPig's comment about the vote finder avatar or his vote on Jedit as "true"?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

His vote on Jedit.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ok, then I don't understand your comment. Is it an in-joke that I don't get?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Ok, then I don't understand your comment. Is it an in-joke that I don't get?

Pig is basically joke voting Jedit. I was agreeing with the sentiment, but there wasn't a huge amount to it other than that.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

FV while we're here what do you think of

1) Jedit's night vote
2) Pig's soft claim

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
This isn't a joke!

Jedit is scum.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

This isn't a joke!

Jedit is scum.

Ah, I considered that you might be thinking that, but that's not why I said true. What's your reasoning?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
My reasoning is that I lied about being blocked n0.

I had a one shot cop I used up.

Jedit is scum.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

FV while we're here what do you think of

1) Jedit's night vote
2) Pig's soft claim

That they both feel dodgy, but I can't really put it into words better than that.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Ok, why did you lie then?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ok, why did you lie then?

It made me laugh.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

My reasoning is that I lied about being blocked n0.

I had a one shot cop I used up.

Jedit is scum.

What was your purpose in lying?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

What was your purpose in lying?

See above

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Dammit

• Locked thread