Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Basic Chunnel posted:

How exactly does one book a tournament in TEW? Do you simply keep track on pen & paper or is there some mechanic involved?

You'll have to keep track with your own notes. (In older editions it was done as an 8-person storyline and the game would tell you who should win/lose each match at each stage.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Finally managed to make the finals of a KOTR. My reward? Two SR Hogans. At least he's almost unbeatable in terms of charisma.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

smashpro1 posted:

Finally managed to make the finals of a KOTR. My reward? Two SR Hogans. At least he's almost unbeatable in terms of charisma.

For what it's worth, assuming SR Hogan has the same distribution as Rare Hogan, his other stats are all fairly balanced, too. I recall he has a pretty high toughness once you level him up. Hogans definitely a top-tier card.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

My maxed SR Hogan is 171/183/141/202, so he's pretty good for a standard SR.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Sockser posted:

For what it's worth, assuming SR Hogan has the same distribution as Rare Hogan, his other stats are all fairly balanced, too. I recall he has a pretty high toughness once you level him up. Hogans definitely a top-tier card.

Yeah, he shot to the top of my list, surpassing my SR Pro Bray Wyatt, but I was hoping for a Diva, so I can finally move up a tier.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Finished my KOTR last night, also won two SR Hogans. Currently my roster is Triple H, Rey, R Truth, Hogan, and Natalya, all Rare Pro. Leveling them up a decent amount got me into the first tier for Ultra Rare, which got me an Ultra Rare Swagger on my first board. So, after I get all my current Rare Pros to max level, gotta work on leveling/combining those SR Hogans and then leveling UR Swagger.

I am addicted to this game.

Why doesn't it have CM Punk :(

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Pro: Finally got a second Ultra Rare card.
Con: It was a support card.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I won a KOTR and got two SR Mizzes. Sigh.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Steve Vader posted:

I won a KOTR and got two SR Mizzes. Sigh.

Look I know we all love being efficient with our resources but do what I did and combine them and feed them to SR Cesaro or something. gently caress the Miz and especially gently caress that picture of the Miz.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Got Pro SR Andre, dumped my entire stack of commons and uncommons into him.

:magical:

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Sep 1, 2014

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

It gets a bit sillier later:

Not mine. :(

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
That's just insane.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

You were really inefficient:

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

What smashpro1 is trying to say is when you combine 2 of the same card, ideally you want them to both be fully trained first, so you get the maximum stats in your new, trainable pro card.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Three questions:

1. How do I get super rare and above? I somehow managed to get a SR Hogan but other than that I've never manged to get more than a rare.
2. What determines if I get the stat bonus from tag team compatibility or a card's special ability? As far as I can tell it seems random.
3. Apparently there are people who have their champion set to something other than Uncommon Bo Dallas? Why?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dimebags Brain posted:

Three questions:

1. How do I get super rare and above? I somehow managed to get a SR Hogan but other than that I've never manged to get more than a rare.
2. What determines if I get the stat bonus from tag team compatibility or a card's special ability? As far as I can tell it seems random.
3. Apparently there are people who have their champion set to something other than Uncommon Bo Dallas? Why?

Tag team compatibility has to do with the diamond on each card. You get the bonus if they are opposites (for instance < and >), you get no bonus or penalty if they are identical (< and <), and you get a penalty if they are 90 degrees from each other (< and ^)

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Won king of the ring!

2 SR Miz and a rare briefcase I literally just pulled a duplicate of in exhibition. :suicide:

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
How do the inherent abilities that sine characters have work? My SR Vince will sometimes get a +11 charisma and toughness boost, but not always.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Got a second purple Edge to go with the one I already have, it's about to get disgustingly good. That and the fully trained SR Pro Andre are the cornerstones of my deck right now.

Would a fully trained Pro Rare card be better than a fully trained regular SR card? I need to know for my divas.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

AlmightyPants posted:

Would a fully trained Pro Rare card be better than a fully trained regular SR card? I need to know for my divas.

Except in very rare cases, yes. My Perfect Pro rare AJ always beats regular SR divas (before support cards or boosts).

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

CopywrightMMXI posted:

How do the inherent abilities that sine characters have work? My SR Vince will sometimes get a +11 charisma and toughness boost, but not always.

According to the Supercard FAQ:

quote:

Q: What triggers my Superstar's abilities?

Abilities are triggered randomly when the Superstar is played. The chance for the ability to trigger is based on the rarity of the Superstar. Here's the current trigger percentages:

Uncommon - 15%
Rare - 17.5%
Super Rare - 20%
Ultra Rare - 25%
Epic - 30%
Legendary - 33%

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I played this and I'm feeling pretty good about building my team of only Bos and Eva Marie.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
I actually had a tie in an exhibition match earlier today. I'm kind of proud of that.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
So you shouldn't start a king of the ring and then go to bed?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

So you shouldn't start a king of the ring and then go to bed?

Starting a King of the Ring and going to bed is fine, so long as you know you'll be around in ~45 hours and be able to pop in for a second the 6 hours after that to set your team for the tournament matches.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I wonder if SR Batista, Big Show and Andre are very common? They're on my team and I see them quite often on other people's teams as well, but maybe I'm just looking for it.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Came in second in another KOTR and got two SR John Cenas. Sigh.

GIVE ME SOMEONE COOL. JUST GIVE ME MACHO MAN AND I WILL NEVER STOP PLAYING HIM.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

I wonder if SR Batista, Big Show and Andre are very common? They're on my team and I see them quite often on other people's teams as well, but maybe I'm just looking for it.

I don't think I've seen the other two, but I see SR Big Show a LOT.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I see SR Andre, Vince, ADR and Show a lot.

Bring Back Noid
Sep 16, 2005

Perigryn posted:

And do Goon Championship Wrestling gimmicks justice.

HEY

Fire Pro Returns does a pretty good job.

But I WOULD love to have WWE2k15 to do it. Provided the AI isn't so incredibly terrible as to make all the matches the same.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
My team is Pro Rare Edge, and SR Hogan, Show, and Andre and I HATE IT. SR Eddie seems pretty rare in comparison.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Great White Hope posted:

Starting a King of the Ring and going to bed is fine, so long as you know you'll be around in ~45 hours and be able to pop in for a second the 6 hours after that to set your team for the tournament matches.

Don't sleep schedule shame.

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009

Bring Back Noid posted:

HEY

Fire Pro Returns does a pretty good job.

But I WOULD love to have WWE2k15 to do it. Provided the AI isn't so incredibly terrible as to make all the matches the same.

Who wouldn't want to see Stumpfuck get lost in the middle of the ring and try to do a running shoulder block on an empty turnbuckle?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Ugh, I hosed up. Got my SR Pro Hogan and SR Pro Vince maxed, then I was gonna start leveling up my Ezekiel Jackson pair (which is one of the higher rated SR cards for some reason) and instead I accidentally combined my level 0 Jacksons. Ugh. I like keeping all my cards of the same triangle color to make it more versatile (two lefts and two rights or two ups and two downs).

Oh well. I've got an SR pair of Batista and Brock so maybe I'll go all yellows with Batista, Brock, Big Show, and Swagger.

This game is controlling my life.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

cams posted:

Ugh, I hosed up. Got my SR Pro Hogan and SR Pro Vince maxed, then I was gonna start leveling up my Ezekiel Jackson pair (which is one of the higher rated SR cards for some reason) and instead I accidentally combined my level 0 Jacksons. Ugh. I like keeping all my cards of the same triangle color to make it more versatile (two lefts and two rights or two ups and two downs).

Oh well. I've got an SR pair of Batista and Brock so maybe I'll go all yellows with Batista, Brock, Big Show, and Swagger.

This game is controlling my life.

There aren't any Ezekiel Jackson cards, though?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Bhester posted:

There aren't any Ezekiel Jackson cards, though?
I meant Xavier Woods. Both have end of alphabet letters. Whatever.

Hulk Hogan/Vince McMahon best tag team of all time.

What decides level of opponents I am matched up against? My wins/losses or rarity ranking?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

triplexpac posted:

There's definitely a hidden rarity value somewhere. I have 4 SR Andres, Vinces & batista's and 3 big shows out of about a dozen unique SRs

Can't wait for the semis/finals of my KOTR to conclude, should be taking another UR pair and just in time as I've completely run out of things to train. I'm at the point where I max pro'd a SR del rio just to warm the bench on KOTR, now I'm stockpiling pro uncommons/rares while keeping myself just below the max card limit.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Sep 3, 2014

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Have people hacked this game, or are there legitimately a lot of people who are in Epic tier with only like 20 matches played?

I see them all the time, they must have either spent a ton of money on Legendary cards or hacked the game.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

triplexpac posted:

Have people hacked this game, or are there legitimately a lot of people who are in Epic tier with only like 20 matches played?

I see them all the time, they must have either spent a ton of money on Legendary cards or hacked the game.

I assumed it was someone who spent stupid money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
how long does the stupid king of the ring last, I'm like 13-0 and just want my cards