Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I always wondered why LuAnn had such an annoying terrible voice that barely sounded anything like Brittany Murphy. Her best role was in Spun imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Oh man Amanda fuller

I might have to watch that

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Occupation and I posted at the exact same instant.

I think this means the thread is going to explode. :siren:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

precision posted:

I always wondered why LuAnn had such an annoying terrible voice that barely sounded anything like Brittany Murphy. Her best role was in Spun imo.

She also voiced Joseph for the first couple of seasons until the puberty episode.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I know everyone hates Peggy but goddamn LuAnn is a thousand million times worse, until much later when she hooks up with Tom Petty and then she's kind of tolerable.

Like at least Peggy episodes have some weird twist to the story, LuAnn spends approximately 20 seasons whining about being homeless and breaking up with some guy.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I finally gave Taxi Brooklyn a shot and holy poo poo an Assault On Precinct 13 homage complete with droning synthesizer riffs for the score?! :swoon:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TBS has (unsurprisingly) decided they want nothing more to do with CeeLo Green after his recent comments and have canceled/decided not to renew his TV show "The Good Life."

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

muscles like this? posted:

TBS has (unsurprisingly) decided they want nothing more to do with CeeLo Green after his recent comments and have canceled/decided not to renew his TV show "The Good Life."

I'm at a loss as to what the gently caress he was thinking. But then again I also didn't know he was a creepy rapist.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

If only FX would make the same choice with regard to Kurt Sutter.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

raditts posted:

I'm at a loss as to what the gently caress he was thinking. But then again I also didn't know he was a creepy rapist.

I mean, what kind of world do you live in where saying that makes sense?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
The lyrics to "gently caress You" don't exactly paint him as someone who has a healthy relationship with women.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Wayne Coyne is having threesomes with Miley Cyrus, Cee-Lo is a rapist, what's next, news that the British music industry has covered up decades of cases of Morrissey banging altar boys?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

precision posted:

Wayne Coyne is having threesomes with Miley Cyrus, Cee-Lo is a rapist, what's next, news that the British music industry has covered up decades of cases of Morrissey banging altar boys?

Morrissey Banging Altar Boys Is None Of Your Business

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2

Aphrodite posted:

Aren't there laws about access to the broadcast networks?

IRQ posted:

Indeed there are, but if the network are being greedy cunts about it (which they all are) they can be refused carriage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Must-carry#Retransmission_consent

tl;dr: broadcast networks have to be carried on cable/whatever, unless they want extra money for it because they are assholes.
Yeah basically stations that don't want to charge money MUST be carried by cable networks - hence all the niche foreign language UHF stations that get carried - but if they want to actually charge money, they can get dropped. All the broadcast networks want to charge money now, more than most cable stations charge.

hcreight posted:

The lyrics to "gently caress You" don't exactly paint him as someone who has a healthy relationship with women.
But he sings it in such a happy bouncy way it sounds ironic!

Also, Begin Again is hilarious in retrospect.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

precision posted:

Morrissey only observes the altar boys as they frolic then goes and rights a song about how sad it is he can't frolic with them.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Cardboard Box A posted:

But he sings it in such a happy bouncy way it sounds ironic!

Also, Begin Again is hilarious in retrospect.
Well, I don't think that's how "gently caress You" was ever meant to be interpreted in any misogynist way, but oh well, he brought it on himself.

Which makes it really either odd or obvious because that solo album was basically him as a suave James Bond-esque ladykiller (the album is named The Lady Killer).

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

sbaldrick posted:

Morrissey only observes the altar boys as they frolic then goes and rights a song about how sad it is he can't frolic with them.

Here are some song titles from Morrisey's next solo album:

"Oh Peter, You Nearly Startled Me"
"Some Boys Wander On Purpose"
"Grasping at the Maypole"
"Your Funeral (Is Where I Shagged Your Lover)"
"Pitiful"
"Eduardo, Hold Me, This Gun is a Burden"
"Our Sincerest Apologies to the Vox Populi"

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Let's just agree that celebrities are people too and that they can be just as bad as any other lovely Floridian who runs over their neighbour's dog with a truck while shouting racial slurs at someone else across the freeway.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

precision posted:

precision posted:

Here are some song titles from Morrisey's next solo album:

"Oh Peter, You Nearly Startled Me"
"Some Boys Wander On Purpose"
"Grasping at the Maypole"
"Your Funeral (Is Where I Shagged Your Lover)"
"Pitiful"
"Eduardo, Hold Me, This Gun is a Burden"
"Our Sincerest Apologies to the Vox Populi"
These 2 posts are the hardest I've laughed at the forums in a few days.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
:siren: :siren:Flight of the Conchords is coming back to HBO :siren: :siren:

...for four episodes :smith:

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Uhh, yeah apparently that was a misrepresentation:

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/sep/02/jemaine-clement-australians-have-a-great-attitude-to-being-made-fun-of

https://twitter.com/AJemaineClement/status/506930391199281153

It's another project being worked on.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
god damnit loving son of a bitch poo poo piss

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

sbaldrick posted:

Oooh, you altar boys
All dancing in the playground
With your dirty shoes and smiling faces

Oooh I, I don't ever think
That I could be happy like that
Frolicking in their robes as my soul gets even heavier

And God, God doesn't care
That I have some laundry to do and a cross to bear
No, God doesn't even care
That the altar boys, they taunt me with their frolics

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
So a few pages back we were talking about some Utopia show that sounded bonkers as gently caress, in the context of it and The Strain both being really gory. Is this referring to the lovely-looking Fox show or is there another show with the same name that I'm unaware of?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01VGtX9xfh0

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

SALT CURES HAM posted:

So a few pages back we were talking about some Utopia show that sounded bonkers as gently caress, in the context of it and The Strain both being really gory. Is this referring to the lovely-looking Fox show or is there another show with the same name that I'm unaware of?
British show with the same name.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

misguided rage posted:

British show with the same name.

There is also a new Australian show called Utopia.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Jesus christ I need to watch this don't I

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

raditts posted:

He's that guy that had that really horribly annoying song in a commercial a couple years back right?

What'd he say?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IRQ posted:

He's that guy that had that really horribly annoying song in a commercial a couple years back right?

What'd he say?

He said that it wasn't rape if the victim is unconscious because if they weren't awake then they didn't actually experience anything. So, you know, never fall asleep around him.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

He said that it wasn't rape if the victim is unconscious because if they weren't awake then they didn't actually experience anything. So, you know, never fall asleep around him.

Oh good, so it's not burglary if I take all his poo poo while he's sleeping? Anybody here got a truck?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Who is this sexxxy boi?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The context is also important - this was in reference to his recent felony drug conviction for roofieing someone's drink and taking her home with him. He didn't get charged with rape due to lack of evidence.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Also he didn't say "if they weren't awake they didn't experience anything", he said "people who have been raped know they have been raped", aka that if they didn't know for a fact that they experienced a rape then they weren't raped

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hmmm this Cee Lo Green fella sounds like a real piece of poo poo.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

raditts posted:

The context is also important - this was in reference to his recent felony drug conviction for roofieing someone's drink and taking her home with him. He didn't get charged with rape due to lack of evidence.

Well, that just totally ruined Begin Again for me.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Netflix just bought streaming rights for Gotham at around $1.75 mil an episode.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

Netflix just bought streaming rights for Gotham at around $1.75 mil an episode.

That seems premature.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

lelandjs posted:

Oooh, you altar boys
All dancing in the playground
With your dirty shoes and smiling faces

Oooh I, I don't ever think
That I could be happy like that
Frolicking in their robes as my soul gets even heavier

And God, God doesn't care
That I have some laundry to do and a cross to bear
No, God doesn't even care
That the altar boys, they taunt me with their frolics

That's too happy, you most be more depressed and vegan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

That seems premature.

Yeah, might want to make sure it's something people actually want to watch, but I guess they were likely in some kind of Amazon / Hulu bidding war.
Honestly though, I'm going to be pleasantly surprised if Batman Babies somehow manages to not be total poo poo.

• Locked thread