Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

It made me laugh.

Do you laugh at tumble weeds blowing by as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

MildManeredManikin posted:

Do you laugh at tumble weeds blowing by as well?

I am v easily amused.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Also I'm lying about everything I just said and I just want Jedit to die.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Ok I have to go back to work for a bit.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

CapitalistPig posted:

Ok, now I feel better that my gut reaction to your claims was that it felt dodgy.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

fiery_valkyrie posted:

That they both feel dodgy, but I can't really put it into words better than that.

Jedit's night vote was weird and too eager but like, if scum got a night action surely they would be discussing it? That was my thought before the cop claim.

CapitalistPig posted:

I pretty much figured, killing Jedit is surely a noble cause but let's not waste our time with stuff like this.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yo pig legitimately though, were you roleblocked?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Yo pig legitimately though, were you roleblocked?

Ok full disclosure, I lied because I want Jedit to die.

I don't have any drat actions which makes me mad because I want actions and this was the first game I ever played where we could do n0 actions and I was mad I didn't get any.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Interesting, I don't have night action either. Meinberg also claimed no night action.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

You know for a short moment in this thread I thought I wasn't alone in this cold and uncaring world

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

You know for a short moment in this thread I thought I wasn't alone in this cold and uncaring world

You're not alone. No one is really alone. We work together to accomplish our goals, both common and personal. Do not worry. I will be here for you all.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

CapitalistPig posted:

Ok full disclosure, I lied because I want Jedit to die.

I don't have any drat actions which makes me mad because I want actions and this was the first game I ever played where we could do n0 actions and I was mad I didn't get any.
Hmm this is scummy Cpig :colbert:

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
All Cpig does when he's town is call people idiots..

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote MMM for getting really weird about a jokevote and fishing for information. I don't care for Cpig either but he comes off better in that exchange.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Juanito posted:

All Cpig does when he's town is call people idiots..

How does all that being wrong feel?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

##vote MMM for getting really weird about a jokevote and fishing for information. I don't care for Cpig either but he comes off better in that exchange.

Which joke vote? Pig's? I thought I explained that.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
You did, you and FV were just way too intense about an obvious joke.

FV while we're here what do you think of

1) Jedit's night vote
2) Pig's soft claim

This is also a great way for scum to appear like they're contributing content and building connections without actually saying anything.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

But then I did say actual things?

Asking questions early on is also a good way to get reads from other people as well.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

But then I did say actual things?

Asking questions early on is also a good way to get reads from other people as well.

You were trying to draw inferences from an obvious joke. I don't buy that as 'saying something.'

I disagree with that, I think it's a solid scum tell to ask people to generate content for you rather than pushing your own opinions. If you had said "I think [x], what do you think FV?" then I would view it differently, but you waited for her to form an opinion before putting forth your own. Obviously everything is contextual but I don't like how you made that move.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

You were trying to draw inferences from an obvious joke. I don't buy that as 'saying something.'

Are you still talking about Pig's vote?

Somberbrero posted:

I disagree with that, I think it's a solid scum tell to ask people to generate content for you rather than pushing your own opinions. If you had said "I think [x], what do you think FV?" then I would view it differently, but you waited for her to form an opinion before putting forth your own. Obviously everything is contextual but I don't like how you made that move.

I've done this a lot in the past and basically the way it works is if I see an active poster who isn't directly commenting on the game I ask them about something I have opinions on. The reason I wait for them to answer to present my own opinions is that I don't want to taint their perspective or have them see their answer as wrong.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
You don't see how scummy that method is? You're describing fence-sitting.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

You don't see how scummy that method is? You're describing fence-sitting.

Really I don't see asking questions and also giving opinions as scummy. Maybe it came across poorly this game but I think overall there's nothing wrong with either of things separately or together.

Someber, I feel like this is about to go in circles. Can you tell me what joke you were referring to here:

Somberbrero posted:

Also can you sort of state all your points against me, I'd like some clarity here.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
let's try and get along guys, we only have each other

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

CapitalistPig posted:

How does all that being wrong feel?
It feels like I'm right :smugdog:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Everything cpig posted was obviously untrue. n0 investigations should really stupid.

CapitalistPig posted:

My reasoning is that I lied about being blocked n0.

I had a one shot cop I used up.

Jedit is scum.

my points are

1) You took cpig seriously for some reason, that exchange reads to me like he just called out your scumbuddy and you're trying to figure out how to play it. I also don't know why you would try to dismiss Jedit's vote, the reasoning is pretty clear and he's not wrong.

2) I don't like you saying 'oh hey fv please give me an opinion that sounds reasonable' right after the cpig stuff.

3) Your counter-reasoning feels fake and dismissive. Maybe you're confused but it reads more like you're just brushing me off.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

1) You took cpig seriously for some reason, that exchange reads to me like he just called out your scumbuddy and you're trying to figure out how to play it. I also don't know why you would try to dismiss Jedit's vote, the reasoning is pretty clear and he's not wrong.

2) I don't like you saying 'oh hey fv please give me an opinion that sounds reasonable' right after the cpig stuff.

3) Your counter-reasoning feels fake and dismissive. Maybe you're confused but it reads more like you're just brushing me off.

Ok. I'll go through this.

1) I am a sucker, what can I say? I do think you should generally take people seriously. I think you're reading way too into a thing here. Also Jedit's vote was weird and eager. There was nothing wrong with that assessment.

2) I can't really say more about this than I already have.

3) I cannot see how I could be less dismissive while still arguing against your case. Like, I have actively engaged with you to clarify your points, understand them and then explain my perspective.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Also if N0 investigations are dumb which actions aren't? A Kill would mean a player wouldn't get to play the first day. Watcher/Tracker/Protect/Roleblock all depend on other Night actions happening, yet there were N0 actions in this game so clearly something happened.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm not going to speculate extensively on the setup but a n0 investigation is so random. You get to look at the alignment of a player, who you have no read on since they've made no real points. Then if you're scum and you get hit by a n0 investigation, that's it? good game oh well luck of the draw?

Again, this is what I mean by 'dismissive.' Now we're speculating on setup. You're addressing what I'm saying without really addressing it and you're pulling us away from content. I don't expect to convince you, I expect to convince other people.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Sorry you didn't have a N0 action, Somber

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

N0 actions are the best actions, sorry chumps

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

You're speculating on setup, my point was that I don't know the setup and thus making assumptions about it is bad. Defence against a case isn't pulling away from content it literally is content that people can use to make decisions.

Let's try this: Do you have any questions for me? Is there something I've said you think needs explaining?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I think that there is certainly some room available for setup speculation, considering the makeup of the game. We know what roles are present in the game, but we don't know what these roles actually mean. I have trouble imagining a scenario where CPig actually has a N0 investigation, given the nature of the game, though. It is possible, but I think it's more likely that CPig is taking the piss as he is prone to do.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Meinberg posted:

I think that there is certainly some room available for setup speculation, considering the makeup of the game. We know what roles are present in the game, but we don't know what these roles actually mean. I have trouble imagining a scenario where CPig actually has a N0 investigation, given the nature of the game, though. It is possible, but I think it's more likely that CPig is taking the piss as he is prone to do.

Pig confirmed he was lying.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
My Cpig would never tell a lie. Say it ain't so, Cpig

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Juanito posted:

My Cpig would never tell a lie. Say it ain't so, Cpig

I lied, but Jedit still needs to be the d1 lynch. Turbo if possible.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Let's try this: Do you have any questions for me? Is there something I've said you think needs explaining?

Who are your scumbuddies?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Pig confirmed he was lying.

That'll teach me to read at 3am.

CapitalistPig posted:

Any particular reason? Or just because it'd be funny?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

CapitalistPig posted:

you broke my heart

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Meinberg posted:

That'll teach me to read at 3am.

Any particular reason? Or just because it'd be funny?

Do we need reasons to lynch Jedit now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Haven't seen Jedit in awhile, don't want to kill him right away

• Locked thread