Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
Can we pull Aaron aside for a sec? We should let him know that El does not want these norcs as sacrifices before he goes and offers the entire army to El.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Disargeria posted:

Can we pull Aaron aside for a sec? We should let him know that El does not want these norcs as sacrifices before he goes and offers the entire army to El.

:allears: Because the number 1 priority that Aaron has right now is whether or not he's going to burn some Norcs on an altar.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
pssst... aaron...

i don't poop

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Affi posted:

This is horrible. How do all votes turn towards massive passivity?

We could have killed their leader/priest and didnt ; next vote he is more protected.

We could have stopped, halted or ruined the ritual but instead took potshots at common grunts..

And the next vote the army is in a hilariously dangerous place and we're forced to go down there or be called a coward. (Still the right choice but we wouldn't have been put here if not for all the passivity!)

Don't split up! Go after the children!

Voting Ab

Sure.

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

I really only come here for the Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens CYOA these days.
SA was one of the first websites I ever frequented, waaaaay back in the day. I only got off my ass and got an account about 8 years ago. I bought the platinum upgrade recently.

HiHo ChiRho posted:

:allears: Because the number 1 priority that Aaron has right now is whether or not he's going to burn some Norcs on an altar.

In a world with fairly literal divine intervention, you don't want to piss a God off.

Voting B -- Taking the smaller group first with everyone means they won't have those forces for use later, it also lets Aaron see what sort of tactics they use to fight underground.
(I say Aaron because I doubt Goonkidel will pay any attention...) Plus if they've separated out the children there has to be a reason for it. They likely don't think we'd be overly attached
to children. Back in the temple they didn't say "Surrender and we'll spare the children!" They said "Leave us the meat and go!" I can only imagine there is something horrific in store for
those kids, something that might turn out worse for Enkidel.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Honestly. I am more concerned with them being loving smart about it and just splitting up temporarily to hit us from behind as well.

We go into tunnel 3 after the main body of Norcs, the second doubles back and hits us from the rear.

Smash the smallest piece first. Minotaurs are probably dumped. Tight confines of a tunnel against our Balls. Well they know how it went at the temple.

Tight confines against spearmen from the front and back? Yeah.

Hit the smaller group first people.

Absum
May 28, 2013

4.U send Snarls

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Is there a running count going for this vote?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

There is, but I am slightly confused as some voters are apparently still voting for votes 1. and 2. (which we already had an update on) and not 3. and 4. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjGhkGMc8GAwdHhBR0d3MGhRbk9ta0pzbXAzcDI3VkE#gid=0

e: If you just recently voted Ab I am counting it a B for vote 3, since that's what it basically is.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
just FYI here's the voting spreadsheet template with percentage calculations again (you're a bro canuck-errant) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai-NXQJr2zTRdHFWUkptd3NGMzZILWlEdjNQc296aUE&usp=drive_web#gid=0

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
We have discovered and entire new, complex realm of the world we inhabit. No one other some vague references by old dudes even mentioned this possibility.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Sogol posted:

We have discovered and entire new, complex realm of the world we inhabit. No one other some vague references by old dudes even mentioned this possibility.

Or Ishamal knew and is being a total dick about it.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

hiddenriverninja posted:

Or Ishamal knew and is being a total dick about it.

This seems to be more likely.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

I am pretty sure we've had some other reference to this as well. If I feel like it, I'll look through it. But I am pretty sure Indor (or maybe Ishamal) mentioned this as well. We were told that demons lurk beneath the earth, in an attempt to flee from El's sight.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Well the vague things the old dudes mentioned were pretty credible given the whole zviv incident.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Sorry, thought Ab was still à valid vote..?

And why is this Ishmael being a dick? We've never asked him about this. We've heard of monsters lurking underneath the earth and we've seen it at least twice.

Why the surprise?

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

dyzzy posted:

pssst... aaron...

i don't poop

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

please tell aaron that el doesn't like norc sacrifices we have no reason not to really

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
Ask Paebel "W.W.S(mythos) D.?"

If the answer is "Smite them all", throw up our arms towards the sky and give him an exasperated look.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Mike Gallego posted:

please tell aaron that el doesn't like norc sacrifices we have no reason not to really
El just didn't like the statue. How do we know El doesn't like Norcs?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

JT Jag posted:

El just didn't like the statue. How do we know El doesn't like Norcs?

Statue burned up really well, and the norcs didn't? Also the specific text of message?

The Aroma is Unpleasing
Slay Them But Lay Not
They Upon the Altar of El

Never heard anyone refer to a statue as "they" before, and I have no idea how you'd slay one.

So almost certainly norcs.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
I had an odd idea. Maybe it has been proposed before.

Enkidel knows in his bones that having the Balls are important. I think Enkidel is sensing that he is getting power from the faith of his Balls. I think their faith in Enkidel helps power his abilities. They are not Enkidel's only source of power, but they are an extra one. Maybe the reason their are fewer mighty men is because people's faith is weaker, not that blood is thinner.

Simply put:
Mightiness = [bloodedness] * [faith power]
[faith power] = [people's faith in your power] + [magic/blessings from others, Melachim, El] + etc

We sense a presence from Paeble because he has demonstrated his devotion in heroic monster hunting. People believe he is a hero. But he isn't super powered because he has little to no bloodedness. He just doesn't have the capacity to store up faith power well.

Enkidel got a big boost to his strength and [???] while defending the temple a few days ago. The boost was from the faith of the people in the temple in us. Apparently people near death have a lot of faith in the only hero who saving them.

I am willing to bet that a the blooded people in Zepath could grow more powerful if they emulated the Balls of Labaras. I am willing to bet that the blooded people in the interior could also grow more powerful if they would actually try to do some heroics from once.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Makes sense that it's the culture to overstate deeds too, say you're better than you are so that people believe in you when something does come up.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

paragon1 posted:

Statue burned up really well, and the norcs didn't? Also the specific text of message?

The Aroma is Unpleasing
Slay Them But Lay Not
They Upon the Altar of El

Never heard anyone refer to a statue as "they" before, and I have no idea how you'd slay one.

So almost certainly norcs.
Ah. Misread that, you're right.

I bet they smell too much like humans.

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010

JT Jag posted:

Ah. Misread that, you're right.

I bet they smell too much like humans.

Except for the wildly different appearance they are pretty much humans, they have free will, deities they worship, a society in which they live in, and civilization.
I wonder what their reason for invading our society is, have other cities provoked war with them, are they striking first, did their 'gods' demand they do it?

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008
Take Norkidel alive!

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Mike Gallego posted:

I'm LLSix, and I support this message. El should tots be capitalized though. Get with the program and show He who is on high all respect; as is His due

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
Just tell him a quick don't put any norcs on the alter after you win, and tell him why

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

It'd be a good morale boost too if people thinkknow that Els totally backing us to take them down

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
It wasn't a message from El

Prolly one of those punk Melachim running around.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
If voting is still open, B!

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Noble goons,

I would very much like to update tonight. However, unfortunately I still am not home. I won't have a chance to start on the update for at least 2 hours. It is unlikely to happen tonight. Sorry good news. I fully expect that we will update tomorrow night. There is a chance that we may be able to do so in the afternoon.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

dyzzy posted:

pssst... aaron...

i don't poop

No one may no our greatest secret. No. One. Ishamal must die.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Task Manager posted:

If the answer is "Smite them all", throw up our arms towards the sky and give him an exasperated look.

Let's do this!

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Task Manager posted:

Can't we just tell Paebel, that during our private sacrifice to El, we received a direct response? Like, we haven't stopped being bros because of different beliefs, and he obviously believes we speak to melachim, but we made a direct sacrifice to a Diety he doesn't believe in, and we got a response.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Can't we just tell Paebel, that during our private sacrifice to El, we received a direct response? Like, we haven't stopped being bros because of different beliefs, and he obviously believes we speak to melachim, but we made a direct sacrifice to a Diety he doesn't believe in, and we got a response.

Paeble: "Well, the voice didn't say it was El."

Jesus is colourblin
Apr 13, 2008

Being colourblind ain't easy :(
Blah-dee-blah-dee-blah

Through his faith in EL Tudya adopted us. Through his faith in EL Tudya slew the minotaurs. Through our faith in EL we slew the zviv. Through our faith in EL we slew the Manticore. Trough our faith in EL we and our balls slew TEN demons upon the battlefield. Through his faith in EL Uriah named me a coward, and turned me to protect the temple, where literally hundreds of minotaurs where slaughtered trying to defile the shrine of EL. With the name of EL the battle was turned.

You guys can argue the semantics of how many melachim can fit on a needle's head all day long. It is EL who guides us, and with EL's divine wisdom and wrath upon our shoulders, we will rescue these children.

This is not a matter of opinion.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Jesus is colourblin posted:

Blah-dee-blah-dee-blah

Through his faith in EL Tudya adopted us. Through his faith in EL Tudya slew the minotaurs. Through our faith in EL we slew the zviv. Through our faith in EL we slew the Manticore. Trough our faith in EL we and our balls slew TEN demons upon the battlefield. Through his faith in EL Uriah named me a coward, and turned me to protect the temple, where literally hundreds of minotaurs where slaughtered trying to defile the shrine of EL. With the name of EL the battle was turned.

You guys can argue the semantics of how many melachim can fit on a needle's head all day long. It is EL who guides us, and with EL's divine wisdom and wrath upon our shoulders, we will rescue these children.

This is not a matter of opinion.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that. None of those things gave us evidence that they were El, as we think of him. Faith in El is certainly real, and has real power, but El is not.

A significant number of posters in this thread accept this as a given. This is not a matter of opinion (except that actually it is, just like yours was).

Jesus is colourblin
Apr 13, 2008

Being colourblind ain't easy :(

Cathair posted:

Yeah, keep telling yourself that. None of those things gave us evidence that they were El, as we think of him. Faith in El is certainly real, and has real power, but El is not.

A significant number of posters in this thread accept this as a given. This is not a matter of opinion (except that actually it is, just like yours was).

This portion of Enkidel's psyche certainly sees your lips moving, but can't hear your pedantic nonsense over the sound of EL crushing all that he sees unfit to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Smythos explicitly called El the King of the World and the Melachim his children. Other Melachim have also referenced a Father that seems very similar to El. Sacrifices to El do things, including explicitly telling us to knock norc sacrifices off. Pledges to El have, in fact, caused Melachim to come to us and tell us to pay up.

I think it's safe to say at this point that evidence points to El in fact being real. In fact, I can't honestly think of anything that suggests El is any less real than Asherah, Fare, the Zviv, or any Melachim.