Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I should probably finish reading the thread before responding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
heavens no

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

chaoslord posted:

Haha, what happened with that?

I thought that thread was this thread :ughh:

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

Rarity posted:

I thought that thread was this thread :ughh:
I keep the other thread unbookmarked for that very reason..

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I actually haven't even read the other thread.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CapitalistPig posted:

honestly, who has time for that poo poo?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CapitalistPig posted:

You shouldn't they said some pretty hurtful things about you

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Lumpen's idea is cartoonishly terrible because it allows for a coordinated last minute vote by scum to vote the king, holy moley guys.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

CCKeane posted:

Lumpen's idea is cartoonishly terrible because it allows for a coordinated last minute vote by scum to vote the king, holy moley guys.

I really have no idea how to read you. You're like some sort of opaque mask of confusion and irony.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

CCKeane posted:

I didn't realize you could vote and lynch the king. If that is possible then this definitely wouldn't work.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Meinberg posted:

I really have no idea how to read you. You're like some sort of opaque mask of confusion and irony.

Well you see Meinberg, I was saying that Lpen's idea was bad because it could allow for a last minute blitz of the vote in order to vote and execute Anime gently caress Pillow, our king. Which would cause us to lose. I emphasized this with the expression "holy moley".

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Juanito posted:

I didn't realize you could vote and lynch the king. If that is possible then this definitely wouldn't work.

wait can you?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

CCKeane posted:

Well you see Meinberg, I was saying that Lpen's idea was bad because it could allow for a last minute blitz of the vote in order to vote and execute Anime gently caress Pillow, our king. Which would cause us to lose. I emphasized this with the expression "holy moley".

You are aware that Diqnol is lynchproof, right? It's part and parcel of the system.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Magnus is saying you can't, but I don't see where in the rules it says that.

It is still a Bad Idea.

I would say Punt is top of my list right now. I targeted him earlier because he had a weird post, and his response attempts to conflate whacky hijinks with scumminess, I believe in an attempt to GET ME FOR ONE.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Haha other thread, do you grow weary of life under the despotic fist of Capps? Perhaps try life under the despotic iron gut of anime gently caress pillow (he is very fat).

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Lumpen's plan is stupid because if busb says he won't let us break the game then he won't let us break the game. I'm not interested in arguing over semantics with a game moderator when I signed up to play their game.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

CCKeane posted:

I would say Punt is top of my list right now. I targeted him earlier because he had a weird post, and his response attempts to conflate whacky hijinks with scumminess, I believe in an attempt to GET ME FOR ONE.

That wasn't a response to your earlier post/vote. I didn't actually think anyone would go for the suggestion I just wanted people to know I thought the hijinks were dumb and not funny. I don't want to lynch you, in fact I have no opinions on anyone's scumminess yet, I've just been posting garbage to try and get things to happen. I also suspect the only reason I'm the top of your list is because this thread hasn't been all that active so my dumb poo poo stands out.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Magnus Gallant posted:

An insult for everyone in the other thread:

1. Puntification: cuntification amirite

My next Av will have this as the text, thanks!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Puntification posted:

That wasn't a response to your earlier post/vote. I didn't actually think anyone would go for the suggestion I just wanted people to know I thought the hijinks were dumb and not funny. I don't want to lynch you, in fact I have no opinions on anyone's scumminess yet, I've just been posting garbage to try and get things to happen. I also suspect the only reason I'm the top of your list is because this thread hasn't been all that active so my dumb poo poo stands out.

Shhhh don't reveal all of my day one SCUMHUNTING SECRETS. I sell classes on that for 149.99!!!!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Also counterpoint: Voting AFP is actually pretty funny.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

CCKeane posted:

Shhhh don't reveal all of my day one SCUMHUNTING SECRETS. I sell classes on that for 149.99!!!!

I'll take 10! Do you think anyone else is scum apart from me? (I'm not scum btw).

Also if people are unsure about whether to follow the other thread do what I do and just scan it to see if anyone is talking about you. They only talk about afp and keane so you can skip to the end.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Offhand I don't like lumpen's suggestion, but I usually think he is scum so that might not be that worthwhile of a clue.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

CCKeane posted:

Offhand I don't like lumpen's suggestion, but I usually think he is scum so that might not be that worthwhile of a clue.

An over-eagerness to break the system is something, which a would-be regicide like yourself has gotta respect.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

CCKeane posted:

I was hoping nobody would bring this up so I could weaponize double plurality later.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

anime gently caress pillow posted:

I was hoping nobody would bring this up so I could weaponize double plurality later.

Oh.

Well SORRY. (That was said really sarcastically)

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Everybody, pick 2 people you think may be scum and explain why you think that.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Meinberg posted:

You are aware that Diqnol is lynchproof, right? It's part and parcel of the system.

This sounds like Meinberg is trying to lull us into a false sense of security. diqnol not being lynchproof makes sense because it preserves the 'scum win with a majority' law of mafia and his post indicates he can indeed be lynched.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh ok, I guess I'll make my second Meds because quiet lurker blah blah blah

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
wait so can diqnol be lynched? Wouldnt the scums best bet then be to make him the # 2 vote getter right before deadline?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Please do better than that.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

It's the start of D1 and less than half the thread has really posted. What the hell are you expecting?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Theres more to go on than "blah blah blah", but it's fine for now if everyone else contributes.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Oh, and heres how this should go. I will pick one person for us to lynch earlyish so people who are undecided can put their votes somewhere. The second person to be lynched will be decided by you folks unless I'm forced to pick.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

chaoslord has been very quiet but will still pop in, and he's usually a very smart player with an excellent grasp of mechanics and judgment. I don't think he's in any other games and I don't think he's been scum before so I think must be a very overwhelmed first time scum. I would expect him to lead intelligent, reasonable discussion on stats since it was a topic of conversation for several pages. I know he doesn't have a huge amount of a free time, so I could buy that it's also being eaten up by having to read the other thread as a scum player.

JakeP posted:

hello i am here to discuss my characters stat build so the other thread knows how to kill me

I get a weird vibe from Jake this game. I wish I had something more substantial to go off of, but I feel like his tone shifted since he got his role. I mean, of course that would influence his posting whether town or scum, he just feels more focused and engaged than I would necessarily expect him to be as town.

50 pounds of bread posted:

Should we talk at all about our strengths/weaknesses in combat?

Why even ask this? drat. Hasn't 50 even played a soldiers game before?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Oh, and heres how this should go. I will pick one person for us to lynch earlyish so people who are undecided can put their votes somewhere. The second person to be lynched will be decided by you folks unless I'm forced to pick.

This is probably one of the better ways of doing it, however I will point out that if you are wrong I will make fun of you.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

50's question is excusable as the other thread went at length on the subject.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

CCKeane posted:

This is probably one of the better ways of doing it, however I will point out that if you are wrong I will make fun of you.

This is indeed the risk of that way of doing things, but it is a burden I am willing to bear.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm going to stick with my call on Punt. I really think the "two jokers on AFP" is forced and I don't like that one of those TWO WHACKY GUYS was me, who had called out Punt earlier in the thread. I think Punt might be GETTING NERVOUS that the GREAT CCKEANE IS ON THE CASE.

Rarity what do you think about this?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Jake? Your reads, Jake?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Somberbrero posted:

I get a weird vibe from Jake this game. I wish I had something more substantial to go off of, but I feel like his tone shifted since he got his role. I mean, of course that would influence his posting whether town or scum, he just feels more focused and engaged than I would necessarily expect him to be as town.

Show your work or get lynched

• Locked thread