Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Wolpertinger posted:

Hum, so if a random private individual 'arrests' someone who commits a crime in front of them, this can count as a legal arrest as long as they're willing to testify in court about it and presumably some evidence remains of the crime in question?
Yeah, citizen's arrests are common law. Like the blog says though, if you try it you'd better be prepared to personally stop the criminal and then make sure they stay stopped, so... good luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Wolpertinger posted:

But I thought bounty hunters needed some sort of license.

You can get your license from an intensive afternoon course at the Ramada. Just don't go into the conference room next door or you'll be licensed as an alternative medicine practitioner.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Wolpertinger posted:

But I thought bounty hunters needed some sort of license.

Bounty hunters need a license in the same sense kitchen workers and hair stylists do.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Madkal posted:

Is there any issues of Batman/Detective Comics that deal with the legal ramifications of Batman beating up perps? One would think some perp getting beaten up and left on the cops doorsteps would be a one way trip to all charges dropped/mistrial.

Batman Annual #14 from 1990 directly addresses this as the reason why he teams up with Harvey Dent in the first place.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Random Stranger posted:

You can get your license from an intensive afternoon course at the Ramada. Just don't go into the conference room next door or you'll be licensed as an alternative medicine practitioner.

How else will you heal your bounty's chi?

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Somewhere in BSS I saw a panel/page of Superman flying through space with the bubble, "if you knew how loved you are, you would never strike a hand in anger again" or the like. Where's that issue from and who wrote it?

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Schneider Heim posted:

Somewhere in BSS I saw a panel/page of Superman flying through space with the bubble, "if you knew how loved you are, you would never strike a hand in anger again" or the like. Where's that issue from and who wrote it?

It's from JLA/Hitman by Garth Ennis and John McCrea. (it's really good)

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Thank you! Who knew Ennis could write Superman well... I'm only 2/5ths through Hitman right now.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
So you haven't gotten to issue 34(?) yet, then. Your confusion is perfectly understandable.

(Seriously, that ish is a great Superman story.)

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Nope, I'm excited!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So is Xavier back now or what?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

So is Xavier back now or what?

The entire Axis event is about the Red Skull having his brain. So I'm going to guess... no.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Someday I'm going to ask how that works, but not today.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

The entire Axis event is about the Red Skull having his brain. So I'm going to guess... no.

I just saw a panel from All New X Men where Scott was yelling at him but I guess it could've been a hologram, simulacrum, LMD, Doombot, clone, shapeshifter, ....

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Lurdiak posted:

Original Sin was about a guy called The Watcher, a dude with one eye, and a dude with an eye for a head.

Clearly Axis is going to be about skulls and brains. Ghost Rider and Martha Johansson team up to fight Taskmaster and Cranio, The Man With The Tri-Level Brain.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

zoux posted:

I just saw a panel from All New X Men where Scott was yelling at him but I guess it could've been a hologram, simulacrum, LMD, Doombot, clone, shapeshifter, ....
Holographic last will and testament.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Holographic preamble to his last will and testament. He's making them do a job before he tells them who owns the school.

(It's probably all of them equally.)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well if it's Wolverine I hope he also made a holographic will and testament.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Schneider Heim posted:

Thank you! Who knew Ennis could write Superman well... I'm only 2/5ths through Hitman right now.

I've heard it said Superman is the only superhero Ennis really respects.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

HitTheTargets posted:

Original Sin was about a guy called The Watcher, a dude with one eye, and a dude with an eye for a head.

Clearly Axis is going to be about skulls and brains. Ghost Rider and Martha Johansson team up to fight Taskmaster and Cranio, The Man With The Tri-Level Brain.

Cranio: I'm always THREE Crossovers ahead of you Sentry!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
What the hell has Tim Sale been up to for the last few years? He's basically disappeared--his comicbookdb entry shows nothing but reprints & collections since like 2009.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

redbackground posted:

What the hell has Tim Sale been up to for the last few years? He's basically disappeared--his comicbookdb entry shows nothing but reprints & collections since like 2009.

I could have sworn I've seen some covers attributed to him recently, but I can't remember which ones!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

He cut out Xavier's brain from his corpse (because it was just laying around somewhere) and _____ so now he has all of Prof X's powers!

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

muscles like this? posted:

He cut out Xavier's brain from his corpse (because it was just laying around somewhere) and _____ so now he has all of Prof X's powers!

So did he eat the brains or just put them in with his own? You'd think putting a bunch of dead brains into your head would just cause medical issues.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well last time they combined Charles with a supervillian it sure was great and owned, as everyone agrees.

I'm going to go way out on a limb and guess that Axis ends with Charles' brain becoming aware and saving the day at the climatic moment when all seems lost.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

WickedHate posted:

I've heard it said Superman is the only superhero Ennis really respects.

He respects him so much in fact that he shows Supes being placated by a bit of verbal nob slobbery and gently caress right off just in time for Tommy to plug a guy.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

zoux posted:

Well last time they combined Charles with a supervillian it sure was great and owned, as everyone agrees.

I'm going to go way out on a limb and guess that Axis ends with Charles' brain becoming aware and saving the day at the climatic moment when all seems lost.

Then Xavier takes over Red Skull's body and they just keep it like that for a while.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Anyone going to Baltimore Comic-Con this weekend or Small Press Expo the following? I'm thinking Saturday for BCC and Sunday for SPX, though the latter depends on another thing happening on Saturday, which is looking less likely.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Senor Candle posted:

Then Xavier takes over Red Skull's body and they just keep it like that for a while.

That'll make Illuminati meetings fun.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Senor Candle posted:

So did he eat the brains or just put them in with his own? You'd think putting a bunch of dead brains into your head would just cause medical issues.

This came up in the series. Armin Zola ( I think) was the one who did the surgery (and it seemed to be surgery) said that there would be consequences to having this brain grafted to him.

The Red Skull didn't care. I think the Red Onslaught thing arises from the downside to the brain graft.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

redbackground posted:

Probably concept work or private commissions. I'm sure Loeb hooked him up with some good paying gigs besides Heroes.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

zoux posted:

That'll make Illuminati meetings fun.

I'd be very surprised if the Illuminati were still around at the end of Hickman's Avengers run.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Found this posted elsewhere with no mention of what issue it was from. Anybody know?

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

It's from X-23's ongoing a few years back.

I think around issue 13 is where that's from but if you like it the whole series is worth it.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Issue 14, actually.

It's also a great comic.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I love how Noto draws X-23.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

zoux posted:

I love how Noto draws X-23.

Thanks all.

And that explains why I couldn't figure out which issue of Fantastic Four/FF/Whatever that Noto drew, haha. Thought I recognized his stuff!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I always see Franklin Richards listed as the most powerful "Earth-bound" mutant.

Is there an actual notable mutant more powerful out there, or is that qualifier just to be non-committal?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I always thought the 'Earthbound' qualifier for Franklin was just with regards to being one of the most powerful beings, not specifically a mutant.

Any other mutants that I can think of that are possibly as powerful or not Earthbound have other additional qualifiers of their own as well, like Beyonder being Inhuman or the Phoenix Force not really being a part of Jean's mutant genetics. Rachel Summers and Scarlet Witch might get honorable mentions on mutant power lists, but I don't think either is significantly more powerful or significantly less-Earthbound than Franklin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

So if Wolverine's skeleton is metal how does he get red blood cells then, hmm?