Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Fair enough. I'll check in again soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Tonight is a no go - next game will be a week from today, September 10th at 7 PM PST.

Our fifth seat is officially open, if anyone knows an interested party.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Understood.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.
You might want to make another post in the recruitment thread since it's possible this thread isn't going to get more views. Just make sure the post has a link to this thread.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Figure I'll confirm our not next week will once again be the into?

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Al Baron posted:

You might want to make another post in the recruitment thread since it's possible this thread isn't going to get more views. Just make sure the post has a link to this thread.

I've updated and bumped our recruitment post in the thread.

Cerepol posted:

Figure I'll confirm our not next week will once again be the into?

By default yes, but if everyone is the opinion that they're ready to start The Real Game, that's fine by me as well.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Well, if we get a new player, they will probably want to learn how to use Fantasy Grounds. Or they could just do it on the fly.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
I've used Fantasy Grounds before. Who's in the party right now?

Edit: Like classes and stuff, so I know what role I'm filling.

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Sep 4, 2014

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Gharbad the Weak posted:

I've used Fantasy Grounds before. Who's in the party right now?

Edit: Like classes and stuff, so I know what role I'm filling.

I can't quite remember all the classes ATM but we have each role covered ATM. So dealers choice.

LEADER: Bard (Cerepol)
CONTROLLER: Invoker (Herr Tog)
STRIKER: Rogue (All Baron)
DEFENDER: Paladin (Flame112)

I'll go through the thread and update this

Cerepol fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Sep 5, 2014

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Depending on the Striker, then, I might go leader|striker hybrid. I have a warlord|rogue that I've always wanted to play.

Edit: Oof, I forgot that he had a dragonmark. I'll see what I can come up with.

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Sep 5, 2014

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
Can I join? I saw the Recruitment Thread in TG Proper had a new slot?

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Nuts, I was hoping to be the only one interested.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

If only one slot is open then you can have it, Gharbad. Edit; the character I've started building is a straight GWF anyway so it doesn't even fit with the divine theme.

Chaltab fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Sep 5, 2014

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
I think we kinda settled on 'Loosely affiliated with the church, background-wise' rather than 'Everyone uses the divine power source'.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Which is cool, but I'd still like to know, like, what classes people picked. Just so making mine would be easier.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Oh, yeah. I'm almost certainly going to be a Paladin.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Cerepol posted:

LEADER: Bard[controller](Cerepol)
CONTROLLER: Invoker (Herr Tog)
STRIKER: Rogue (All Baron)
DEFENDER: Paladin (Flame112)

Alright so far this is up to date. If it is not please copy and fix please.

If you want to fill in subtypes feel free.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

http://orokos.com/dnd4e/sheets/7201

Okay here's this. A daughter of crooks who decided she wanted to be more than that, Steph started sneaking out out at night when she was fifteen to beat up crime and Kobolds. She became affiliated with the church when she learned of a criminal plot her great uncle's half brother concocted to loot it after a midnight Mass, and beat him and his goons up. And then she teamed up with Batman. Or not.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Gharbad the Weak posted:

I have a warlord|rogue that I've always wanted to play.

I'm so conflicted. You want half of a class I love and the other half of the class I hate.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.

Herr Tog posted:

I'm so conflicted. You want half of a class I love and the other half of the class I hate.

Well, the class works best with Mark of Passage, and... well, is a Kobold, so may not mesh well with this game. Is there a channel or something I can talk to the DM?

edit: Actually, may just roll up a storm sorcerer instead. Yeah, I'll do that, rather than asking for a bunch of off-brand silly rules.

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Sep 5, 2014

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.

Drago Highhill (Storm Sorcerer)

http://orokos.com/dnd4e/sheets/7204

Drago was born and raised on a traveling merchant caravan, the somewhat energetic apprentice to an increasingly frustrated Avandran priestess named Jasmine Greenblower, mainly because he was the youngest about and she was his aunt. But, to be honest, nothing seemed to stick with Drago, at least when it came to religion and such.

Still, the caravan doted on the boy, whose boisterousness seemed to peak during the loudest of storms and the setting of the biggest of bonfires. In fact, after several "accidents", Drago was outright banned from starting any campfires whatsoever. Not that he burned anything that wasn't technically supposed to be burned, but the fireworks would sometimes spook the locals.

Life changed for Drago after he was bitten. It was an odd sort of wakeup call: as he lay there, feverishly twisting as the disease swept through his body, he began to think, really think, about what he was going to be doing with his life. And, though his belief in Avandra was pure, he knew he was headed the wrong direction.

It was under his "Uncle" Odo that he began to tap into the arcane, and, surprise of surprises, he seemed to focus on the things that made the brightest flashes and the biggest noises. Although Odo tried to shield him from some of the study, Drago found that his puppy form let him into places even a Halfling couldn't quite squeeze into.

Odo ignored Drago's awkward attempts at skullduggery for some time, until he felt Drago was ready to go on his own. Then, after a wonderful party, the Caravan moved to have him "kicked out", and Drago could begin his life as an adventurer.

So Drago walked up to the pass, ready for trouble, looking for a new group to travel with.

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Sep 5, 2014

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

So we have a wererat halfling sorcerer. Interesting. Truly, Avandra asks some of us to walk some weird roads.

Welcome to the group, Gharbad. Sorry Chaltab but that fills us up - consider yourself at the top of our waiting list, I'll DM you if a seat opens up. I'll edit the OP later today to start filling out the permanent character roster so we can all remember who is playing whom.

Given that Gharbad has used Fantasy Grounds before, starting the campaign proper is a possibility, but I'll leave it up to the players to vote.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Cool cool. I don't have the info for Camping the Stairs, so I'll need that eventually, but I do have mumble and have used it before. Does everyone else pretty much have their character in Fantasy Grounds, or are we kinda having a first-session character building moment?

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Cool cool. I don't have the info for Camping the Stairs, so I'll need that eventually, but I do have mumble and have used it before. Does everyone else pretty much have their character in Fantasy Grounds, or are we kinda having a first-session character building moment?

We've been doing an intro adventure with pregens so far, so this would be the first session of the real campaign. It does involve meeting up in a tavern, but not in the conventional sense.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
I'm making a slight change to my character. He's a werewolf, not a wererat. I thought werewolf would change him to medium size, but it doesn't, so instead he'll be the tiniest werewolf~

If there could be, like, a summary of the intro, I'm fine with just getting started.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Gharbad the Weak posted:

I'm making a slight change to my character. He's a werewolf, not a wererat. I thought werewolf would change him to medium size, but it doesn't, so instead he'll be the tiniest werewolf~

If there could be, like, a summary of the intro, I'm fine with just getting started.

More of a werebadger, really.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007

Gharbad the Weak posted:

The pregen one?
  • Rich merchant's daughter went missing while on a pilgramage so we were hired to go to her last know location.
  • Meet the leader of the town who really didn't want us there and got pointed to some old farmhouse.
  • Searched around and found an pendant with religion markings, possibly from a demonic cult. Arcane scrying pointed in the general direction of the town.
  • Going back to town, we 'fought' in order to get the attention of some town guards. We didn't, but we did see two cloaked figures head off in the general direction of the arcane scrying.
  • We followed them and ended up in a cave where we were...warmly greeted by some cultists and a couple of orcs.
  • Having dispatched team, we walked along a hallway with some arcane runes. A couple of the group read them. One of them probably wished they didn't.
  • Came up to an old shrine with some defaced statues. Apparently the cult decided to move in and make themselves at home.
  • Came up to another hallway the was trapped and we barely managed to disarm it.
  • We then came up to the main gathering area and met even more cultists, orcs, a lovecraftian acolyte, and a giant eyeball. Obviously we dispatched them, too.
And that's where we stopped. It was basically a dungeon crawl to get familiar with Fantasy Grounds.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Well, admittedly, it's been a while since I've used fantasy grounds, but this character is a LOT less complex than the ones I've played in the past, so I think I'll be fine.

Edit: For the record, I'd be fine reflavoring as a werebadger.

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Sep 5, 2014

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Try not to target yourself.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Are dragonmark feats allowed?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Are dragonmark feats allowed?

"Yes but.." Was the answer he just wants to make sure you're not super cheesing. :justpost: which one you want

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Mark of Storm, which would allow me to slide 1 on a lot of my powers, use a couple rituals, and if I ever am able to fly to fly just a little bit more.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Mark of Storm, which would allow me to slide 1 on a lot of my powers, use a couple rituals, and if I ever am able to fly to fly just a little bit more.

Not a problem. If memory serves, the sorcerer pregen in the intro adventure is also packing the Mark of Storms.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
For the record, I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Invoker plays, because I've never even seen it played before. I'm more likely to play the controller in any group I'm in, and it's usually a wizard.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

For those who posted online character sheets, would it be possible to get them in .dnd4e format? Fantasy Grounds can import that format directly so it would prevent me from making any dumb mistakes while re-inputting your character.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Here's Jeegan: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2upn26xb237z95d/jeegan.dnd4e?dl=0

Not included: The 'Blessed by Dreams' bonus feat (because I am affiliated with the Gate Pass churches), and the bonus skill I picked, which is Woodcarving.

Edit: kaynorr, if you have an orokos account and you tell us your name on there, anyone can 'share' their characters with you, allowing you to download them from that site. I didn't know if you had one or not, though.

Flame112 fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Sep 8, 2014

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
what is a good site to post it on for you?

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iu1f3bq8fffbpty/Drago.dnd4e?dl=0

Drago's character, as of today. I don't think I'll be changing anything before Wednesday, but if I do I know how to change characters in fantasy grounds.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
Here's my rogue.

Dropbox of the .dnd4e file.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Herr Tog, we're all using Dropbox. It's a super easy file sharing thingy. Dropbox is a folder, you stick your file in the folder, you right click to get the link to that file, and you post it. You can arrange it just like any other folder on your computer, so organization is easy.

• Locked thread