Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

1 hour per round then up to 9hours for the final 8, so you've got like.. 40 hours til you get paid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
I just got my fifth UR card this morning. Four of them are Andre.

I'm tempted to put all of them in my team.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

How are people able to get cards over the rare rating? I'm in the Super Rare + tier and have yet to see a SR other than the one Hogan I got when I moved to SR originally. I just keep getting KOTR Toughness Boosts that reshuffle the board.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I must have merged two different real-world mod versions at some point because there are two Curt Hawkinses and two Brodus Clays and I naturally snapped them up and formed the new tag teams of Dillon Collins / Dillon Rollins and Bush Reno / Clinton Vegas, respectively.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Dimebags Brain posted:

How are people able to get cards over the rare rating? I'm in the Super Rare + tier and have yet to see a SR other than the one Hogan I got when I moved to SR originally. I just keep getting KOTR Toughness Boosts that reshuffle the board.

Have you ever gotten past the first round of KOTR? You get a pair of SR cards which is a big help.

Rod Munch
Jul 17, 2001

I think the Super Rare + tier is terrible, I don't think I got any Super Rares in that tier. I got a couple in SR, and now more toward the end of SR++.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Once you get to the point of needing to Pro your super rares to compete, KOTR becomes the best way to improve your deck. Just try to stay on the other side of the bracket from the inevitable ringer with a pile of epic rares who actually pays attention to energy levels. Of course, competing in KOTR will require a good amount of exhibition matches to top up energy and boosts for the finals.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

triplexpac posted:

Have you ever gotten past the first round of KOTR? You get a pair of SR cards which is a big help.

I've won it once but it was so agonizingly slow I never want to do it again.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
I have like 3 rares in it and now own over 10. I just with I could pro my uncommons to boost them

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

I must have merged two different real-world mod versions at some point because there are two Curt Hawkinses and two Brodus Clays and I naturally snapped them up and formed the new tag teams of Dillon Collins / Dillon Rollins and Bush Reno / Clinton Vegas, respectively.

You can mod Supercard?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I Before E posted:

You can mod Supercard?

He's talking about TEW or Fire Pro or something.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I know I must sound like the most gigantic pain in the rear end here, and just tell me if I am, but can anyone give me a quick basics beginner rundown of SuperCard now that I've finally downloaded it?

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I know I must sound like the most gigantic pain in the rear end here, and just tell me if I am, but can anyone give me a quick basics beginner rundown of SuperCard now that I've finally downloaded it?

This is a very helpful guide:
http://www.reddit.com/r/wwesupercard/comments/2dnnje/definitive_wwe_supercard_how_tofaqs/

cams
Mar 28, 2003

So, that link lead me to this

quote:

1.) Choose a Diva with decent base stats(Ideally 3 or 4 stats that are at least 70)
2.) Begin training that diva
3.) Play Exhibitions and obtain a second copy of the card
4.) Train the first card to it's max level
5.) Combine the cards to get the Pro version
6.) Level up the card to your hearts content
Do you really only need to level up one of the cards you are combining to get the max value? I've been maxing both cards before combining, have I been wasting training?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

cams posted:

Do you really only need to level up one of the cards you are combining to get the max value? I've been maxing both cards before combining, have I been wasting training?

http://www.reddit.com/r/wwesupercard/comments/2dlnvk/tip_for_those_unable_to_obtain_good_divas_cards/cjzcfy7

quote:

Oh yea I forgot to update. Yea to get the highest potential you need to max out both cards that you are combining.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

cams posted:

No you need to max both to get the highest stats. I tried this for myself and the pro card will start lower in stats than the maxed regular card if you only level up one of the cards.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
How the hell I get a super rare I got that bar all full and it still not spittin' hot supes at me.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I'm playing as WWE in this TEW game and I needed a road agent because Tony Garea is retiring. I hire Ted Dibiase and I guess I wasn't paying attention to the news wire for a few weeks because as soon as his written deal with me kicked in, he left twenty different promotions.

That was one of my bigger annoyances with TEW10, where smaller promotions would always hire the same people if they weren't having beefs with each other. Guess I need to dig in and fix some contracts/promotions then

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dennis Eckersley posted:

I'm playing as WWE in this TEW game and I needed a road agent because Tony Garea is retiring. I hire Ted Dibiase and I guess I wasn't paying attention to the news wire for a few weeks because as soon as his written deal with me kicked in, he left twenty different promotions.

That was one of my bigger annoyances with TEW10, where smaller promotions would always hire the same people if they weren't having beefs with each other. Guess I need to dig in and fix some contracts/promotions then

It's realistic though. You don't earn much by doing monthly shows for one promotion so you sign a PPA deal with a bunch and book yourself solid. But once you're on a written deal with someone then you don't need the other deals.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pope Corky the IX posted:

On iOS: Tap and hold until it wiggles. Tap the X in the corner.

On Android: Open your app drawer. Tap and drag to the top.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Endless Mike posted:

The unmistakable bitterness of a man that's spent real money on a dumb phone game.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I'm in UR++, my team is 5 double-max pro-max SR's, and I have no idea what to do from here. My dudes can't compete in the UR KotR, and SR KotR doesn't help me move forward either.

Sigh.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Why cookie Rocket posted:

The unmistakable bitterness of a man that's spent real money on a dumb phone game.

I've spent real money on Supercard a couple times.

Don't spend real money on Supercard, unless you like paying $2 and getting a couple grey cards in return.

They should at LEAST guarantee you a Rare. Sure it's crap but at least it'll help fill out my pokedex.

If you are going to spend money on Supercard, go whole hog and get the Legendary card or whatever. I wish I would have done that instead of buying the cheapest credit pack a few times in moments of weakness with nothing to show for it.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Sockser posted:

I'm in UR++, my team is 5 double-max pro-max SR's, and I have no idea what to do from here. My dudes can't compete in the UR KotR, and SR KotR doesn't help me move forward either.

Sigh.

you'd be suprised how well you'd be able to compete at the UR kotr tier. if you pay even a small amount of attention to energy levels you'll make the top 8 and get 1 UR easily, and you might even make the finals if the other guy isn't both a ringer with epics and paying attention to the game/using boosts.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Blasmeister posted:

you'd be suprised how well you'd be able to compete at the UR kotr tier. if you pay even a small amount of attention to energy levels you'll make the top 8 and get 1 UR easily, and you might even make the finals if the other guy isn't both a ringer with epics and paying attention to the game/using boosts.

I've tried twice and didn't even qualify. I keep getting destroyed by people with epics/legendaries. :smith:

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Sockser posted:

Sigh.

What support cards do you have? They contribute to your deck rating as well.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

interpunct posted:

What support cards do you have? They contribute to your deck rating as well.

SR Second wind / SR Universe

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Why cookie Rocket posted:

No, I didn't spend a cent. It's just a really, really lovely game.

I do find it amusing that the Eva Marie card has more moves than real Eva Marie.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Sockser posted:

SR Second wind / SR Universe

Then what's your deck look like? It might be the case that some of your max pro SR's just aren't rated highly enough to get your deck to the next tier. For example, Mr. McMahon is the weakest non-diva SR card and even at max pro it's rated lower than a max, non-pro UR Shawn Michaels. If that's the case, then go ahead and dominate SR-level KOTRs and hope you win a pair of the better SR cards. Waiting two days is probably a better bet than grinding and praying for good cards to come up.

interpunct fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Sep 4, 2014

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Supercard is a lovely game and I can't stop playing it please help.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dimebags Brain posted:

Supercard is a lovely game and I can't stop playing it please help.

Endless Mike posted:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

interpunct posted:

Then what's your deck look like? It might be the case that some of your max pro SR's just aren't rated highly enough to get your deck to the next tier. For example, Mr. McMahon is the weakest non-diva SR card and even at max pro it's rated lower than a max, non-pro UR Shawn Michaels. If that's the case, then go ahead and dominate SR-level KOTRs and hope you win a pair of the better SR cards. Waiting two days is probably a better bet than grinding and praying for good cards to come up.

Oh, no no no.

I have the cards to be in the UR KotR, but I dot have the cards to do well in the UR KotR. I always get wrecked by dudes with legendaries that can stand to lose stamina while I have to keep my cards topped off between qualifying rounds.

With the stamina change, if I finish building my second deck I might stand a chance. Just sucks that I've gotten 1 UR in 500 matches in UR exhibition tier.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Sockser posted:

Oh, no no no.

I have the cards to be in the UR KotR, but I dot have the cards to do well in the UR KotR. I always get wrecked by dudes with legendaries that can stand to lose stamina while I have to keep my cards topped off between qualifying rounds.

With the stamina change, if I finish building my second deck I might stand a chance. Just sucks that I've gotten 1 UR in 500 matches in UR exhibition tier.

I meant that a team of five highly rated max pro SRs plus two SR support cards in an exhibtion deck can be enough to get you into the Epic tier, so at the very least you'll be able to pull a guaranteed Epic card once you clear the board the first time:

interpunct fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Sep 4, 2014

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
I'm struggling to get a diva to replace my max pro rare Eva Marie so I can get to the epic tier.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Mayostard posted:

I'm struggling to get a diva to replace my max pro rare Eva Marie so I can get to the epic tier.

If they really want to monetize, a transparently evil strategy would be to offer SR Divas for real money.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
or a pay-only Gary Strydom card.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Hit the SR wall today as well. All 4 Wrestlers are SR Pro MAX, Diva is Rare Pro MAX, got nothing on hand I can improve my deck with. Grinding exhibitions has little point atm.

Whelp game was fun while it lasted.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I'm grinding to try and top off the two SR HBKs I got from my last KOTR, I've got one maxed and the other is on his way. In SR++ for Exhibition and the good news is that it feels like I'm getting better, more common rare and SR drops (got a SR Goldust!); but the bigger deal is that even those Rares clear the board. And nothing is worse than being down to two cards left and choosing one and it's a Rare or a KOTR power card :gonk:

I've still got some time and interest left (especially since I can probably jump tiers in KOTR soon since I have enough SRs leveled up, only weakness is at Diva). I'd be over the moon if I won a pair of SR Divas sometime soon.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
I just dumped a batch of cards--including a rare support and a rare pro Curt Hennig--into training one of my UR Andres. Unfortunately, it was one at level 0, instead of the one at level 23. :bang:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

harperdc posted:

I'm grinding to try and top off the two SR HBKs I got from my last KOTR, I've got one maxed and the other is on his way. In SR++ for Exhibition and the good news is that it feels like I'm getting better, more common rare and SR drops (got a SR Goldust!); but the bigger deal is that even those Rares clear the board. And nothing is worse than being down to two cards left and choosing one and it's a Rare or a KOTR power card :gonk:

I don't see why it matters that it clears the board. It'll give you what you want, or it wont, on every pick. The board is basically an illusion of a shell game, because it's not like the cards are pre-determined before you choose them. That last card is no more statistically likely to be a SR or above than the first card on the board, so don't fret about resetting.