Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

CapitalistPig posted:

Some joker thought it would be awesome to drop like 100 dollars on mafia players avatars
one way to support the forums. it's pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I am a hollow husk of a man.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Deadline is in less than 24 hours and I have no idea who is even on the table besides Merkin. If you don't want him to get lynched then make a more persuasive argument or something, it shouldn't be hard.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Also foo if you find time to put a votefinder image in the op that'd be super useful.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Well, on a day without a lot of productive discussion I like executing one of the people who talk less. Juanito and Meinberg are people I'd go for in that sense.

TBH I kind of got burned out on this game pretty quickly.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

MildManeredManikin posted:

Well, on a day without a lot of productive discussion I like executing one of the people who talk less. Juanito and Meinberg are people I'd go for in that sense.

##vote MMM and roll +weird

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Please give me the sweet release

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

I'm offended

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Alright well I don't really think MMM is scum now. Sounds more like bored vanilla.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
My money would be on Winson and/or Grandi being scum.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Why those two in particular?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Somberbrero posted:

Also foo if you find time to put a votefinder image in the op that'd be super useful.

ok, also av check

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Mr. Maltose posted:

Ain't much, but I just feel like Grandi is being careful.

And also I feel like Winson is barely posting which is something that happens with noob scum. He's played in a few games, although I'm not sure how many times he's been scum. But it isn't uncommon for newer players to have a hard time posting when they're scum.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Juanito posted:

I'm offended

Yeah actually looking back you have posted a fair bit I'm sorry about that.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Well I haven't been posting much either, mostly because I have trouble reading on things Day 1. Do you feel that Winson is scummier than I am?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Mr. Maltose posted:

Well I haven't been posting much either, mostly because I have trouble reading on things Day 1. Do you feel that Winson is scummier than I am?
Can't be sure. For some reason I'd thought you'd posted more than Winson, but I guess you have barely. Winson's latest posts have been somewhat related to the game, while yours have been offtopic.. that seems more town.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Somberbrero posted:

Deadline is in less than 24 hours and I have no idea who is even on the table besides Merkin. If you don't want him to get lynched then make a more persuasive argument or something, it shouldn't be hard.

Is there a case on MMM or is he just the likely lynch due to inertia?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Juanito posted:

Can't be sure. For some reason I'd thought you'd posted more than Winson, but I guess you have barely. Winson's latest posts have been somewhat related to the game, while yours have been offtopic.. that seems more town.

I'd rather lynch Winson than Maltose out of those 2 because his only real post of note is a big rolefish but there really is little to go on so far.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I can read asking about the Night Zero actions either way, possibly a rolefish or maybe an attempt to drum up more discussion just to get more grist for the scum hunting mill. This day has been exceedingly light on the ground for information and that makes drawing towards one conclusion or the other really difficult.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Mr. Maltose posted:

I can read asking about the Night Zero actions either way, possibly a rolefish or maybe an attempt to drum up more discussion just to get more grist for the scum hunting mill. This day has been exceedingly light on the ground for information and that makes drawing towards one conclusion or the other really difficult.

That's a lot of words to say nothing.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

What do people think of the Me and Somber discussion? That seems like the biggest thing to happen before we stagnated imo.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Juanito posted:

So talking about the game is scummy, but talking about nothing at all is Town? Jesus, Juanito, try to make a worse argument.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Jedit posted:

So talking about the game is scummy, but talking about nothing at all is Town? Jesus, Juanito, try to make a worse argument.

I was assuming the argument is that Winson has talked about the game poorly whereas mr m hasn't.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

What do people think of the Me and Somber discussion? That seems like the biggest thing to happen before we stagnated imo.

I dont agre with Somber's case on you, but I think he is sincere about it. I liked that you continued to engage him in discussion. You both seem engaged in the game and in generating content. You're basically the only 2 people I dont want to lynch today.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

What about Mr Maltose? I dont put a lot of faith in the white noise argument as you seem to, but he was contributing to that as much as anyone else, plus he hasn't contributed a single opinion to the game.

With these 2 posts he is having a semantic argument with Juanito about whether low volume posting is either scummy or not scummy, but fails to give an opinion on that point or on either of the players that Juanito is talking about it.

Mr. Maltose posted:

Mr. Maltose posted:

Then there is this post about Winson, which is just a big pile of fence sitting with no opinion attached to it.

Mr. Maltose posted:

He's making some minor attempts to look like he's engaged but really he isn't.

##vote Mr Maltose

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Also, I'm not sure if I'll be around for deadline. It's 9:30am Saturday morning for me.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

MildManeredManikin (2): Somberbrero, CapitalistPig
Mr. Maltose (1): fiery_valkyrie
CapitalistPig (1): Meinberg, Hal Incandenza, Meinberg
Meinberg (1): Grandicap
Jedit (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig

Not Voting (6): Jedit, Juanito, Meinberg, MildManeredManikin, Mr. Maltose, Winson_Paine

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 05th, 2014 at 7:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 11 hours, 3 minutes.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Juanito posted:

Ain't much, but I just feel like Grandi is being careful.

And also I feel like Winson is barely posting which is something that happens with noob scum. He's played in a few games, although I'm not sure how many times he's been scum. But it isn't uncommon for newer players to have a hard time posting when they're scum.

I actually like scum a lot better than town because I never know what to do with myself as town. Scum is easy, you get to have a plan and coordinate and so on. Also idk if this is a noob thing, I have been in three or four games now. That is not veteran but the shine has worn off a little.

That said, I have no clue. All the reads so far seem tenuous at best, and I haven't actually been in a game where a scum got hit on D1 so idk. I guess if I were to make a read? I dunno, I would expect scum to be more engaged or aggressive from go than passive to start. Like I would think it would behoove a scum player to entrench themselves in a position where you could start pointing fingers so if poo poo washed back your way it would be easier to deflect. Like, just sitting around or making jokes seems like it would make it easier to be a target, which is not something the informed minority wants but is fairly easy for the uninformed rabble to do.

WITH THAT IN MIND I look at the game and see... hmm. Maaaaaybe Sombrero? Maybe FV? Both seem a little too engaged for that to resolve for me tho. Jedit, maybe, but his not posting is as bad as my not posting so idk there. Pig seems super annoying but that is not really scummy and if I were scum I would probably try to not get lynched just to get me to shut the gently caress up. Grandi seems pretty hunty. I dunno, D1 calls suck but maybe Hal or Maltose would be my guess. Both very middle of the road picks.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Jedit posted:

Oh please. I'm basically saying that sniping at the game (Winson) as opposed to completely unrelated topics (Maltose) is worst. I'm glad that people are posting more now though.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I could go in on Hal. He hasn't put forth anything meaningful despite being around.

Winson_Paine posted:

I actually like scum a lot better than town because I never know what to do with myself as town. Scum is easy, you get to have a plan and coordinate and so on. Also idk if this is a noob thing, I have been in three or four games now. That is not veteran but the shine has worn off a little.

That said, I have no clue. All the reads so far seem tenuous at best, and I haven't actually been in a game where a scum got hit on D1 so idk. I guess if I were to make a read? I dunno, I would expect scum to be more engaged or aggressive from go than passive to start. Like I would think it would behoove a scum player to entrench themselves in a position where you could start pointing fingers so if poo poo washed back your way it would be easier to deflect. Like, just sitting around or making jokes seems like it would make it easier to be a target, which is not something the informed minority wants but is fairly easy for the uninformed rabble to do.

WITH THAT IN MIND I look at the game and see... hmm. Maaaaaybe Sombrero? Maybe FV? Both seem a little too engaged for that to resolve for me tho. Jedit, maybe, but his not posting is as bad as my not posting so idk there. Pig seems super annoying but that is not really scummy and if I were scum I would probably try to not get lynched just to get me to shut the gently caress up. Grandi seems pretty hunty. I dunno, D1 calls suck but maybe Hal or Maltose would be my guess. Both very middle of the road picks.

Maybe in Zibarro Mafia!

This is actually really interesting, because it runs counter to most mafia theory. Active scum aren't incredibly unusual, but the problem with being engaged and active as scum is that it is easy to paint yourself in a corner. The best lies are those that contain the most truth, but at a certain point if you're playing too legitimately, you're going to accidentally get yourself lunched. At some point or another, scum have to either make bad arguments to get people on the other team lunched or have the town make those arguments for them. It's much easier to sit back and have someone else do the work for you, when possible.

I don't see Maltose and I'm not interested in voting him.

MMM saying he's bored and wants out doesn't do anything to change my mind. Seems like an emotional ploy.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Pretty sure Hal is low effort town. I've got a ~feeling~

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Juanito posted:

Pretty sure Hal is low effort town. I've got a ~feeling~

boooooo

Betting all my bottlecaps on MMM then.

Also didn't you describe him as bored vanilla? This is a role guaranteed game!

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Somberbrero posted:

boooooo

Hmm, good point. Definitely have to reconsider my opinion if he's acting that way and we know he has a role.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

boooooo

Somber, be nice.

I always take a while to get going!

I could get behind MMM I suppose, no real strong feelings about anyone yet.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Somber, be nice.

I always take a while to get going!

I could get behind MMM I suppose, no real strong feelings about anyone yet.

I can't :( I think I have a disease.

That doesn't make me feel great about Merkin but I don't have any other strong reads.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I take that back, I don't think MMM is a good lynch at all.

I am actually pretty comfortable with my vote where it is. Pig's tone is way off to me this game and that's really the only way to even read him. It has nothing to do with his meta-scumclaim (which is kind of funny).

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Incandenza posted:

I take that back, I don't think MMM is a good lynch at all.

I am actually pretty comfortable with my vote where it is. Pig's tone is way off to me this game and that's really the only way to even read him. It has nothing to do with his meta-scumclaim (which is kind of funny).

Earlier you thought Meinberg came off worse in the exchange between him and Pig, with which I agree. What's changed in his tone since then and can you give me any kind of solid example as to how his tone here is different?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Hal is scum this game, or a big idiot I can't decide which one, but it's only one of those two.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

CapitalistPig posted:

Hal is scum this game, or a big idiot I can't decide which one, but it's only one of those two.
Absolutely not scum :colbert: but definitely an idiot since you consider everybody who ever votes for you to be an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I'd like to apologize for my actions earlier, which I realize after the fact that I was totally rolefishing. For a ~meta defense~, anyone who has played with me before knows that I love solving the setup, even when that isn't the ideal way of going forward. I think it's because my own personal skill set are more inclined towards that sort of action than to the more interpersonal aspects of the game. I was hoping to determine just how much truth there was to his second claim of a N0 investigation, based on my knowledge of the flavor and the setup.

Of course, it's almost impossible to tie a role to alignment given the nature of this setup, so my efforts here are more stupid than normal.

My vote on CPig was also a misguided attempt to get him to engage more with the game, because of my feeling that he was, in fact, just faffing around with no real desire to play the game.

• Locked thread