Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

cool kids inc. posted:

Now that there are way easier ways to pull gifs from Internet videos,

Can you share with the class? I'd love to get some B99 gifs together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Mo0 posted:

Gifcam and its ilk. No idea how they are to use but I WAS pulling video from digital copies and creating gifs in gimp so...

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Mo0 posted:

Get gifcam, it's incredibly easy

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I AM THE KING OF CONTINUUM

(If it survives)

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

All of these shows on primetime look either boring or lovely or both.

The only thing American branded that can meet the standards of good Anime are the emmy nominees/winners. Like Downton Abbey, House of Cards, Mad Men, Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones. Seriously.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Grouchio posted:

The only thing American branded that can meet the standards of good Anime

I'm sorry that America is not kawaii enough for your expectations, Grouchio-kun

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Rarity posted:

I'm sorry that America is not kawaii enough for your expectations, Grouchio-kun
I'm sorry but both the animations and witty storytelling of many good anime triumphs over anything the US networks spew out. And Britain had Bonekickers.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Grouchio posted:

I'm sorry but both the animations and witty storytelling of many good anime triumphs over anything the US networks spew out. And Britain had Bonekickers.

Don't worry, soon the CW will make that schoolgirl harem show you've always been wanting.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Grouchio posted:

The only thing American branded that can meet the standards of good Anime are the emmy nominees/winners. Like Downton Abbey, House of Cards, Mad Men, Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones. Seriously.

Haha holy gently caress

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Grouchio posted:

This is amazing.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Maybe te dude just saw black lagoon because that's true, it really does rule hardcore

Id put black lagoon up there with like, I dunno, game of thrones

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Annakie posted:

If you were the OP of a show last year and don't plan on making a thread this year, please post in this thread that you're abandoning the thread.

If anyone wants the Bones thread this year, they can have it. I may not make it through the whole season.

I don't think anyone made an NCIS thread last year, and just used mine from two years ago. That one is up for grabs, too, as I stopped watching it last year.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
If you can only elucidate the particular characteristics of Anime that make it the stellar medium that we all know and love. Is it the crotch shots?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Grouchio posted:

Glorious Nippon will always triumph over baka gaijin filth.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Toxxupation posted:

Maybe te dude just saw black lagoon because that's true, it really does rule hardcore

Id put black lagoon up there with like, I dunno, game of thrones

Its garbage.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Shageletic posted:

Its garbage.

N...no!!!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
*Puts on sunglasses*

Yeah...I said it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

If you want to talk about how great or terrible anime is (hint: it's the second one) we have a whole other forum for that. This thread is not for that.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I'll be continuing with New Girl.

I call dibs on Scorpion (hoping it's Numb3rs 2.0) and Gracepoint (since I've seen Broadchurch recently).

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Sep 5, 2014

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

hollylolly posted:

We have our first fatality - Fox has canceled Hieroglyph. http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/06/30/fox-cancels-hieroglyph/

Click to view the trailer of what might have been!

I had to remind myself of how bad this trailer was. The idea of doing a show in ancient Egypt seems promising but not on network TV, especially when there are vampires out of nowhere.

Really though, who thought "A CONVICTED CRIMINAL... ENTWINED... WITH A PHAROAH'S FATE" would draw anyone's attention?

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Josh Lyman posted:

I had to remind myself of how bad this trailer was. The idea of doing a show in ancient Egypt seems promising but not on network TV, especially when there are vampires out of nowhere.

Really though, who thought "A CONVICTED CRIMINAL... ENTWINED... WITH A PHAROAH'S FATE" would draw anyone's attention?

On the other hand, they could have gone with The Mummy, the TV series. They probably could have gotten Brendan Fraser for it, too. I would watch the heck out of that.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I'm claiming Selfie because 1) Emily Kirkpatrick was able to make something good out of Suburgatory despite its dreadful pilot and 2) I want a platform to make fun of all the people who mistakenly believe Karen Gillan is hot.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Irish Joe posted:

I'm claiming Selfie because 1) Emily Kirkpatrick was able to make something good out of Suburgatory despite its dreadful pilot and 2) I want a platform to make fun of all the people who mistakenly believe Karen Gillan is hot.

You're a monster!

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Irish Joe posted:

You are a genuinely bad person, and Karen Gillan is devastatingly beautiful.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Spatula City posted:

You are a genuinely bad person, and Karen Gillan is devastatingly beautiful.

It's already working, Joe!

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Irish Joe posted:

Irish Joe trying to out troll us all.

Even Irish Joe's very name is a troll.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

Sober posted:

You mean he's not really Irish?! I bet his name isn't even Joe!

I can't believe I forgot to do this until now but dibs on Mulaney! Oh, man, I'm still so glad it found new life and is the new thing I'm most legitimately excited for. (I'm also insanely excited for CSI: The Internet, but that's one million percent ironic. It has (Lil') Bow Wow!!)

I also sort of want to make a Parenthood thread for the last season/whenever people come to learn of its incredible existence but that OP would be quite the task that I would completely forget about until it comes back. But who else will keep track of what crazy idea of Kristina's becomes entirely possible this season?!

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction

uublog posted:

I also sort of want to make a Parenthood thread for the last season/whenever people come to learn of its incredible existence but that OP would be quite the task that I would completely forget about until it comes back. But who else will keep track of what crazy idea of Kristina's becomes entirely possible this season?!

Making the OP is easy, just write one backstory blurb and repeat it several times and just change the names each time!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Sober posted:

Is that why O'Brian from Downton Abbey is such a twat?

Liam Emsa
Aug 21, 2014

Oh, god. I think I'm falling.
Scorpion and CSI: Cyber are going to make me want to kill myself.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
All right, my post now has Deadpool's list in it and has listed what has been newly claimed or definitely re-claimed up to date in it.

Any new shows not claimed are up for grabs.
Any returning shows that aren't listed as "Up for grabs" should still be considered claimed by their previous OP until told otherwise.

If you think a thread is abandoned and want to claim it, post in here and a mod will make a ruling.

uublog posted:

I didn't list this as a claim, let me know when you're sure. :)

Annakie fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Sep 6, 2014

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
I suppose I should formally come in and claim Brooklyn Nine-Nine, since I'm the only name that doesn't have "claimed by" by it.

I'm also still planning on doing SNL weekly threads (god why do I hate free time).

Celery Jello fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Sep 7, 2014

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
I will do a Boardwalk Empire thread again. Mostly it is just an excuse to look at pretty pictures on google.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
If nobody has claimed Jane the Virgin yet, I shall. It is only appropriate given my culture in its most radicalized form idealizes virgins. :smuggo:

But seriously, the trailer looks great. I think it'll be an awesome underdog show.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
I think I will go and claim Forever because I liked the pilot and because it might actually be good.

(Yes you can make a good show by having both serial and procedural elements)

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Is Twee as gently caress permabanned? He was the old OP of The 100 - if that counts as abandoning it then I claim the thread.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
He's been banned for over a month and isn't back so, you can have it.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
Really surprised there isn't a thread for Utopia. I don't have the energy to do a thread for it since it's a live feed show like Big Brother.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

SteveVizsla posted:

Really surprised there isn't a thread for Utopia. I don't have the energy to do a thread for it since it's a live feed show like Big Brother.

I'm surprised too especially since pretty much everyone in this looks legit retarded, including the host.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Ctrl + F: Utopia

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3661517

• Locked thread