Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!

Fosson posted:

I've been waiting for about 18 years for Barry to make his return to the series as a protagonist not involved in REmake or what else...gaiden?
I remember playing CV after his RE3 cameo hoping he would show up, but nothing. That's not to say that the Chris vs Wesker story wasn't great and over the top...but Barry. Where's Barry?!

Aside from that, I was thinking that since RE is bat poo poo insane anyways, and I never mind seeing antagonists coming back (climb out of that volcano Wesker!), Rev 2 also including Claire...and looks like it might involve the ocean again, and well...I'm predicting that the tyrant from CV that was launched out of the plane makes a dramatic return after years of wandering the sea floor...waiting for this perfect moment to settle things with Claire :v:

Man, any job dealing with the ocean has to be horrific in the RE universe. I mean, hasn't the t-virus and other bioweapons been introduced to the ocean at least twice now? It's a big place, but can you imagine how much hazard pay anyone working underwater'd have to get because of zombie fish or "Some hosed up giant guy with explosive arrows sticking out of him?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

RE6 Leon looks surprisingly good :v:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

CLAIRE'S BACK, BABY! And she brought BARRY BURTON's daughter with her!

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Wow, I knew Capcom was creatively backrupt but a lot of those points are directly from Code Veronica. I'm not sure what they're trying to do with that coop partner, though. You can be Claire and get all the guns and other crazy stuff and you can be Moira who cowers in the corner occasionally healing Claire. That sounds like tons of fun to an out-of-touch Capcom designer/producer, I'm sure.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Claire has "grown to be a seasoned woman." I bet that will come with a breast size increase.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Push Start, which is linked at that article's source, has images of the magazine if you want to see them. I'll post the one with Claire and Barry Burton's kid.

Claire's reminding me of Mary Jane Watson for some reason.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
I'd rather play as Barry. :shrug:

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
This is loving bullshit wheres Barry

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Policenaut posted:

I'll post the one with Claire and Barry Burton's kid.

Totally misread this and thought you meant Claire had a kid with Barry.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
we're still getting barry right? right?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Barry's gonna die.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Or Barry is going to be a boss.

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
In the words of Barry: "WHAT?! WHAT IS THIS?"

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Actually playing as Barry Burton would be like playing as Gandalf. You're on a different playing field compared to the rest of the cast in terms of power.

ImpAtom posted:

Barry's gonna die.

And much like Gandalf, he will return when he is needed thanks to whatever plot contrivance Capcom can cook up as Barry the Slighly Going Grey.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Jimbot posted:

Wow, I knew Capcom was creatively backrupt but a lot of those points are directly from Code Veronica. I'm not sure what they're trying to do with that coop partner, though. You can be Claire and get all the guns and other crazy stuff and you can be Moira who cowers in the corner occasionally healing Claire. That sounds like tons of fun to an out-of-touch Capcom designer/producer, I'm sure.

I think it is their response to everyone bitching about coop AI in single player... This way you are now the only character doing something, and the AI is just there to support and assist you (this sounds exactly like ellie/joel).

problem is I hope it isnt going to be lame for human coop.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Deaderinred posted:

Barry's dead, baby. Barry's dead.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Calling it now, the kid is gonna have the Colt Python and will only reveal it at the end of the game so she can shoot some villain in the face.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Well let's see how good your tactical sense is when your brain is 90% Jurassic parasite, mister. :colbert:

e:I love the little shimmy he does so that his legs are on either side of the bullets. Some Wile E Coyote level of cartoonish desperation in that. :allears:

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Sep 6, 2014

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gonna play as that emo kid, I spend most Resi games hiding in the corner healing myself anyway.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

abagofcheetos posted:

I think it is their response to everyone bitching about coop AI in single player... This way you are now the only character doing something, and the AI is just there to support and assist you (this sounds exactly like ellie/joel).

problem is I hope it isnt going to be lame for human coop.

That's fine for the AI but for human coop that isn't very fun and if it's interesting it'll be interesting for five minutes before you realize that all you do is run and hide while Claire is suplexing enemies to death or doing some over-the-top stealth kill or is wielding Barry's handcannon and blowing enemies in half with it.

Or maybe that character is a girlfriend mode cuz, you know, girls don't know how to play these crazy video games! Haha! Right fellas?!

Fellas?!

ManlyGrunting posted:

Well let's see how good your tactical sense is when your brain is 90% Jurassic parasite, mister. :colbert:

e:I love the little shimmy he does so that his legs are on either side of the bullets. Some Wile E Coyote level of cartoonish desperation in that. :allears:

He's just doing the Resident Evil 2 sliding movement. That was always a fun thing. Some jerk just happened to be shooting him at the time.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'd wait to see more information before I'd assume that means the character is utterly incapable of combat. I'd assume it means that there is a mechanical difference but it's probably more akin to Jill/Chris in the original Resident Evil as opposed to "one character fights, one character can only heal."

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I assumed it's more of a Billy/Rebecca thing where one is a tank and the other can mix herbs and stuff.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Okay now seriously Capcom, where's Carlos?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Momomo posted:

I assumed it's more of a Billy/Rebecca thing where one is a tank and the other can mix herbs and stuff.

Yeah, that's probably a better comparison.

I also assume we'll see the return of Raid Mode or something like it as well. It'd make no sense to cut that out of the game. Not just because it's been in before but because it's ripe for Microtrasactioning.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
There's always a battle mode. Likely we'll see Barry and Chris in it in addition to other characters in this game.

As long as they don't renege on a robust combat system I won't care what they try to do.

Also it would be great if there were no instant kill glass cannons like the Wall Blister which you can't break out of.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Sep 6, 2014

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Deaderinred posted:

apparently, yes

if not: i will be very mad

alternatively: barry? where's barry??

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Lunethex posted:

There's always a battle mode. Likely we'll see Barry and Chris in it in addition to other characters in this game.

As long as they don't renege on a robust combat system I won't care what they try to do.

Also it would be great if there were no instant kill glass cannons like the Wall Blister which you can't break out of.

Those things were awesome and not bad at all. You pretty much always knew they were coming due to their sacs. Plus, they had one of the coolest kill animations in the game.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Moira Burton, I love you Capcom. I don't know what's wrong with my brain that makes me enjoy all the ridiculous things you do with Resident Evil, but at the end of the day you still treat this franchise better than any of your others. :allears:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Claire should have a dedicated "Where's Barry?" button and if in co-op Moira will have a dedicated "Make up an implausible story about where Barry is" button to respond with.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Barudak posted:

Claire should have a dedicated "Where's Barry?" button and if in co-op Moira will have a dedicated "Make up an implausible story about where Barry is" button to respond with.

Replace the "Get over here!" button for Claire to be "Gee, I sure wish Barry was here..."

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Policenaut posted:

Calling it now, the kid is gonna have the Colt Python and will only reveal it at the end of the game so she can shoot some villain in the face.

Nah, Barry died and had his ashes forged into a Magnum which his daughter carries around and seemingly talks to.

So, basically Janeane Garofalo's character from Mystery men.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Linked image so that you all feel old.

I can't wait for the prison to be revealed as Wesker's Test Subject Funland and Steve is there.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lunethex posted:

I can't wait for the prison to be revealed as Wesker's Test Subject Funland and Steve is there.

Is the fabulous prize that I can kill Steve again?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Lunethex posted:

Linked image so that you all feel old.

you know this is gonna happen.

and they'll change his hair again to bieber style. :smug:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
So long as Revelations 2 involves us accidentally setting the stage for Weskers resurrection they can have as many as Barrys relatives as they want.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Jake and Albert will have fisticuffs someday, I'm certain of it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

There's still another Wesker out there, isn't there? The one who was helping Spencer out?

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Lunethex posted:

Jake and Albert will have fisticuffs someday, I'm certain of it.

Jake is gonna fight Alex Wesker in a superpowered beat 'em up and also he's going to have hair and look exactly like Albert anyways.

...I wish.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

There's still another Wesker out there, isn't there? The one who was helping Spencer out?

His name is Alex Wesker and he is as forgotten as Carlos :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Policenaut posted:

Push Start, which is linked at that article's source, has images of the magazine if you want to see them. I'll post the one with Claire and Barry Burton's kid.

Claire's reminding me of Mary Jane Watson for some reason.

Looks like Dante's sister from DmC.