Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I'll try soldering the overhead compass when I get the time, if that works I'll gave the radio a shot but no I haven't soldered before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Cage posted:

I'll try soldering the overhead compass when I get the time, if that works I'll gave the radio a shot but no I haven't soldered before.

Then I'd suggest not starting on those. This is why you see so many failed attempts on forums.

Soldering isn't hard, but you need to know proper technique and practice before diving into something like that or you'll just make a mess of it.

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007
I washed my V70R and took it out for a drive today. I really like this car. :)

e: I like this pic better

SUSE Creamcheese fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Aug 25, 2014

Chriskory
Aug 18, 2004

Back when I was actively driving I drove Akina even in my dreams
Some cars must die, so that other cars may live.

Chriskory fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Aug 25, 2014

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Chriskory posted:

Some cars must die, so that other cars may live.

You're doing the right thing giving up the BRZ for that sweet rear end Civic hatch.

Chriskory
Aug 18, 2004

Back when I was actively driving I drove Akina even in my dreams

PCOS Bill posted:

You're doing the right thing giving up the BRZ for that sweet rear end Civic hatch.

They're almost perfect compliments to each other. If only I could trust leaving the Civic parked in the street....

Guy Random
Oct 22, 2010

PCOS Bill posted:

I see I'm not the only one that looked at this picture and went hhhmm. I think I'd take the hatch.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Changed the transfer case fluid in the Silverado. After doing all the fluids it looked like the only two that needed changing was the engine and rear diff. Oh well, at least I have peace of mind now. Next on the list is the standard tune stuff like plugs and wires.

Pi Mu Rho
Apr 25, 2007

College Slice

Just got a 2005 Renault Scenic. I'm still not sure why.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

emotive posted:

That's what this is for.

BEATER by AVIDWORKS, on Flickr

:P

What grille is that?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

DJ Commie posted:

What grille is that?

Looks like a Daewoo grille.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
Optional Subaru grill.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

My $1,000 heap of junk. Had it 2 years now and I love every time I drive it despite it constantly having issues.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
Having nothing but a quiet fuel efficient vehicle was starting to get on my nerves. So I picked up a project that's exactly the opposite.

'88 Bronco XLT, 351, 3 speed auto with no OD (C6 transmission), and no exhaust after the punched out cat.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Noise Complaint posted:

Having nothing but a quiet fuel efficient vehicle was starting to get on my nerves. So I picked up a project that's exactly the opposite.

'88 Bronco XLT, 351, 3 speed auto with no OD (C6 transmission), and no exhaust after the punched out cat.

Broncos without back tops are the best Broncos.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Noise Complaint posted:

no exhaust after the punched out cat.

Post/screenname combo.

Love it. Broncos rule.

Slow and Serious
Mar 20, 2007

It runs ok.
I bought this as a college grad present for myself 4 months ago. My dream car is this family sedan!

Here are some pics my friend took the other day.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Slow and Serious posted:

I bought this as a college grad present for myself 4 months ago. My dream car is this family sedan!

Here are some pics my friend took the other

Soon, cars of the future won't have any body panels and will just be all grille.

stop, or my mom will post
Mar 13, 2005
Keeping with the evo theme. Testing different wheels on mine, 18x8.5 +31 with Advan AD08. Needs a little ride height adjustment and wheels need a good clean.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Slow and Serious posted:

Reminds me of this:

Slow and Serious
Mar 20, 2007

It runs ok.

Cage posted:

Soon, cars of the future won't have any body panels and will just be all grille.

Haha, the future is now! :science: This is the new Lexus RC F.

stop, or my mom will post posted:

Keeping with the evo theme. Testing different wheels on mine, 18x8.5 +31 with Advan AD08. Needs a little ride height adjustment and wheels need a good clean.

The silver with white wheels looks great. Are they Advan RG2s? I'm trying to find some CE28s for mine before tracks and events stop for the year.

stop, or my mom will post
Mar 13, 2005

Slow and Serious posted:

The silver with white wheels looks great. Are they Advan RG2s? I'm trying to find some CE28s for mine before tracks and events stop for the year.

Yep they're RG2's, great looking wheels on evo's, as are CE28's

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Took the wagon out of the garage for her weekly spin. Went hiking! Looks really out of place but somehow doesn't at the same time. :confused:

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

GramCracker posted:

Took the wagon out of the garage for her weekly spin. Went hiking! Looks really out of place but somehow doesn't at the same time. :confused:

What color is that?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

veedubfreak posted:

What color is that?

Previous owner told me Nogaro Blue.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

GramCracker posted:

Previous owner told me Nogaro Blue.

What's it actually? Imola Yellow?

e: just read the plate.

baram. fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Aug 28, 2014

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Baram posted:

What's it actually? Imola Yellow?

e: just read the plate.

Yup, Imola Yellow. I bumped into an E39 M owner once while fueling up, and he was poking fun at my car being the "wrong" Imola.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Just got done with a 5 speed swap on my C10.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Fart Pipe posted:

Just got done with a 5 speed swap on my C10.

That is just BEGGING for a modern suspension swap and a blown LSx.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

meatpimp posted:

See:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av_Sm1sZwZA

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos
My personal fighter jet, tomahawks not standard...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

meatpimp posted:

That will happen later on whenever something bad happens to the 283. Right now Im going for old school hot rod with all GM parts. I am about to order some Bilsteins for it though, the shocks I have now are kinda sucky even though they are new.

e: finally got to watch the Jay Leno video. I remember seeing that truck in a magazine a while back and thought it was awesome but seeing it live made it so much better. Its perfect in every way keeping it vintage looking like that with all the modern parts on it. I love how Leno mentioned the GM tilt column because I hate those too. Hes so right how you can ruin an otherwise nice old hot rod with that stupid tilt column. Some people even leave a lovely stock Firebird or truck steering wheel on it, ugh.

shy boy from chess club fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Aug 30, 2014

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

After the comments from last time I sniggered when I saw this today

Always watching...

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Fart Pipe posted:

e: finally got to watch the Jay Leno video. I remember seeing that truck in a magazine a while back and thought it was awesome but seeing it live made it so much better. Its perfect in every way keeping it vintage looking like that with all the modern parts on it. I love how Leno mentioned the GM tilt column because I hate those too. Hes so right how you can ruin an otherwise nice old hot rod with that stupid tilt column. Some people even leave a lovely stock Firebird or truck steering wheel on it, ugh.

The really poo poo thing is that it's really easy to get either the factory tilt column or the van tilt ('71-'80 I think) that is identical in every way except the length of the shaft at the lower end, and then it doesn't look out of place.

I love the wheels on that Holley truck but I figure they cost some serious loving money.

3/4 of my current fleet is in this photo in one way or another - Ranger in the background, CR-V in the reflection on the Jeep. Not that there's anything interesting to look at on either :v:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

freelop posted:

After the comments from last time I sniggered when I saw this today

Always watching...

That car looks reeaaaaaallly rapey.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

IOwnCalculus posted:

The really poo poo thing is that it's really easy to get either the factory tilt column or the van tilt ('71-'80 I think) that is identical in every way except the length of the shaft at the lower end, and then it doesn't look out of place.

I love the wheels on that Holley truck but I figure they cost some serious loving money.

3/4 of my current fleet is in this photo in one way or another - Ranger in the background, CR-V in the reflection on the Jeep. Not that there's anything interesting to look at on either :v:

New car then?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Slow and Serious posted:

I love the Evo but holy gently caress that grille is bad.

Commander Jebus
Sep 9, 2001

You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought...

Just had it detailed today. I think they did a fantastic job.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Lt. Jebus posted:

Just had it detailed today. I think they did a fantastic job.

Man, I miss Victoria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

This is my dad and I setting off at the start of the Ham Sandwich 2014 run (I'm the driver and my dad was the navigator), starting off from the local BMW/MINI dealership who helped with the event (and made goodie bags made up for all of us). I don't get to spend a lot of time with my dad so it was really rather nice to have a good day out.