Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

Winson_Paine posted:

I thought defending yourself was scummy? I remember that being the case.
Not really, although it does depend on how much you flail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I made a case and have a vote down.

Who are your scummy targets?
I guess I'd seen it and forgotten.

This is Maltose's third game. But I seriously don't have any good targets.

I'd thought Cpig, but his alignment trap sprung gambit was too ridiculous to be scum, I think.

I actually am not all that crazy about MMM. I'd probably be okay voting him. I don't like the "I can't care or get into this game" in a game that had just started and everybody had a role.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Really anything can be scummy it depends why the player is doing it. Posting a lot can be scummy if you're trying to control the town, posting not a lot can be scummy if you're trying to go unnoticed.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Juanito posted:

I actually am not all that crazy about MMM. I'd probably be okay voting him. I don't like the "I can't care or get into this game" in a game that had just started and everybody had a role.

I think I said this earlier but I do care, I just got really frustrated by the combination of apathy and casing against me. It seemed like the only people who we're posting thought I was scum which sort of drained my energy for this game quickly.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm about to leave, I might be back in time for a last minute deadline switch. Between Manikin(I thought it was Merkin for some reason) and Capitalist, Manikin is trying and Capitalist is a fart-mouthed dingus.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Somberbrero posted:

I'm about to leave, I might be back in time for a last minute deadline switch. Between Manikin(I thought it was Merkin for some reason) and Capitalist, Manikin is trying and Capitalist is quite possibly the best person I have ever heard of.

Fixed

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I was wondering why I got a new nickname

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Wow you guys posted a lot while I was working!

I think I missed this "alignment-trap sprung" thing of Cpig's, going back to look at it now and see if it really clears him because man, does he seem scummy to me.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Man I am sick of this potato

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

I have a kitten on my shoulder in game.

I love the world and am aligned with it.

I can do things you could never do because I'm one smooth operator.

Ahhhh... hmmm... did the OP say world-aligned? Regardless, scum could have been given that info.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

No mention of world-aligned in the OP. Hmmm.

I'm not really feeling Somber and we don't have much time here.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Okay, heading home. Will try to check in again.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I guess I could see grandi or Juanito?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
As loathe as I am to agree with CPig, I think that scum very well might be Jedit. That early vote on MMM still strikes me as the single most out of place post in the game. It just jumps out at me when I read the thread. I mean, sure, he could be joking, or he could be trying to build a case and build momentum.

Later on, Jedit posts this:

Jedit posted:

And indeed, everyone else.

Looks like we're back to joke phase. Who restarted it?

And the reference to being back to joke phase also strikes me as noteable. When did we leave joke phase indeed? Was it CPig's fake investigation claim? Or was it when Jedit voted on MMM? Jedit himself was unaware at the time that we were currently in N0. That action could very well have been genuine, and I don't care for it.

##vote Jedit

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

MildManeredManikin posted:

I guess I could see grandi or Juanito?
Knowing Grandi, he does get lurky at times, but it is annoying that he's been participating in a doc, and not posting here. People in the doc seem to get a town vibe from him though.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Somberbrero (2): CapitalistPig, Jedit
CapitalistPig (2): Meinberg, Hal Incandenza, Meinberg, Somberbrero, Juanito, Juanito
Mr. Maltose (1): fiery_valkyrie
Meinberg (1): Grandicap
Jedit (1): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Meinberg
MildManeredManikin (0): Somberbrero, CapitalistPig, Somberbrero, CapitalistPig

Not Voting (4): Juanito, MildManeredManikin, Mr. Maltose, Winson_Paine

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 05th, 2014 at 7:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Everybody freak out.

Just kidding, it's Friday afternoon, I almost doubt we can lunch anybody.

I think I'd go for Jedit.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Yeah, as loathe as I am to admit it, I think that rallying a majority may be impossible today.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

My power is I can hammer at -2 instead of -1 so I'm going to work and if by the time I get there we're at -2 I'll hammer.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
No, that's bananas. We can lunch someone today, we should have enough people. I'll lunch anyone rather than no-lunch. I feel like I have a strong read on Juanito's scum game and he reads completely town to me here so I'm not interested in that lunch.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Go for Jedit I guess, I had a town read on him early but he hasn't really been posting much since so I've cooled on it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hey I almost forgot, but good stuff happens to me if I ever get -2 to lunch and survive the day, so if you have a town read on me that'd be handy.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
I have no clue sorry. We should get someone, preferably scum. Jedit seems silentish and i may have other reasons

##vote Jedit

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Jedit is a bad choice

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Go for Jedit I guess, I had a town read on him early but he hasn't really been posting much since so I've cooled on it.

I already explained that I was restricted to phone posting. My DNS got fixed, then my USB controller went tits up at half past midnight and I had to sort the drivers, then I was busy this evening. I'm here now and will be until deadline.

Somber and Juanito are definitely marching in lockstep. I really do not like Somber's game, especially since Pig predicted that he and Juanito would run together.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Jedit are you saying that we're scum buddies or what? That's silly. I wish I understood why you thought Capitalist's gotcha was so convincing.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
I would rather go Juan than Sombrero, given the choice of the two.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

Jedit are you saying that we're scum buddies or what? That's silly. I wish I understood why you thought Capitalist's gotcha was so convincing.

I don't think the gotcha is necessarily convincing, but I know he's telling the truth about the failed investigation as one of my abilities is a partial immunity to Night Actions.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
WHAT

ALSO A REMINDER THAT ALIGNMENT IS DISTRIBUTED RANDOMLY ACROSS 9 OF THE 11 ROLES HERE SO THAT IS MEANINGLESS

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##unvote
##vote MildManneredManikin

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Why would I vote Jedit over Pig? Someone convince me!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
14 minutes.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Sorry I didn't remember you were busy jedit.

Somberbrero posted:

WHAT

ALSO A REMINDER THAT ALIGNMENT IS DISTRIBUTED RANDOMLY ACROSS 9 OF THE 11 ROLES HERE SO THAT IS MEANINGLESS
I don't really understand this

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

CapitalistPig posted:

Jedit is a bad choice

wtf

With you soft claiming on Jedit, Juanito soft claiming on Hal and Somber in a masonry with 4 other people he can't vote for who the gently caress are we supposed to lynch?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

Why would I vote Jedit over Pig? Someone convince me!

A better question: why would you vote either of us over Somber? He's started flailing badly.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote Jedit pig being a Jedit supporter convinces me

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Sorry I didn't remember you were busy jedit.

I don't really understand this

He's saying that CPig and Jedit confirming N0 actions means nothing because there are no actual "town" roles.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jedit posted:

A better question: why would you vote either of us over Somber? He's started flailing badly.

I have other plans for Somber

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Jedit posted:

I'm trying to make sure we don't no-lynch!

Manikin, a cop can be scum or a godfather could be town, etc. Foo says that only two of these roles were locked in terms of alignment. He set the distribution and then randomly assigned the existing alignments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

With ten minutes to deadline, I'm not sure if it is possible to avoid a no lynch.

• Locked thread