Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Meinberg posted:

As loathe as I am to agree with CPig, I think that scum very well might be Jedit. That early vote on MMM still strikes me as the single most out of place post in the game. It just jumps out at me when I read the thread. I mean, sure, he could be joking, or he could be trying to build a case and build momentum.

Later on, Jedit posts this:

And the reference to being back to joke phase also strikes me as noteable. When did we leave joke phase indeed? Was it CPig's fake investigation claim? Or was it when Jedit voted on MMM? Jedit himself was unaware at the time that we were currently in N0. That action could very well have been genuine, and I don't care for it.

##vote Jedit

This is awful and I would vote Meinberg for it.

Jedit already said he was joking, and I don't know how Meinberg missed it when reviewing his post history to make the case. Plus how is commenting that we went back to joke phase scummy? The argument doesn't even make sense.

Thoughts everyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Somberbrero posted:

I'm trying to make sure we don't no-lynch!

Manikin, a cop can be scum or a godfather could be town, etc. Foo says that only two of these roles were locked in terms of alignment. He set the distribution and then randomly assigned the existing alignments.

That argument holds no water because you don't know what roles were locked down or why. It being nonsensical to have a scum Cop, it would make sense for that to be one of the locked down roles.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Meinberg posted:

With ten minutes to deadline, I'm not sure if it is possible to avoid a no lynch.

MMM is essentially a double voter today. So we could get a lynch on Jedit.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote Jedit I'm not going in on Meinberg and I'll take what's possible over a no-lunch. Sorry Jedit.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

fiery_valkyrie posted:

MMM is essentially a double voter today. So we could get a lynch on Jedit.

Do you want me to full claim?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Jedit posted:

That argument holds no water because you don't know what roles were locked down or why. It being nonsensical to have a scum Cop, it would make sense for that to be one of the locked down roles.

That's the entire point of a game with randomized roles.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

##vote Jedit I'm not going in on Meinberg and I'll take what's possible over a no-lunch. Sorry Jedit.

You said earlier that Meinberg seemed ok from mason chat didn't you? Can you elaborate? He's seemed pretty scummy in game.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
He's way less awkward in mason chat and actually explains his thoughts and puts in more work than he does here. I have no clue why he doesn't just post what he writes there.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

##vote Jedit

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Full claim: I am a Mason Recruiter.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Jedit posted:

What's the name of your role?

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Jedit posted:

He recruited me, yeah. Is that scummy?`

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

In a different masonry?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Winson knows this to be true because I recruited him, and I think his "other reasons" are that he is scum and knows I'm useful.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

##unvote

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Jedit posted:

Winson knows this to be true because I recruited him, and I think his "other reasons" are that he is scum and knows I'm useful.

My other reasons were that you recruited me and I thought you were gonna turn me into a zombie or some poo poo

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

That's 2 people in different masonries with Winson that think he's scummy.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Meinberg posted:

What's the name of your role?

I'm the Hocus - which I didn't want to say, because it's described as Cult Leader on the wiki but I'm not a Cultist. I can't be investigated because I'm insane.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

##vote Winson

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

fiery_valkyrie posted:

That's 2 people in different masonries with Winson that think he's scummy.

I am town but find my role baffling and somewhat useless but it looks like the clock is gonna tick out here

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Votecount for Day 1

Jedit (4): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Meinberg, Winson_Paine, Hal Incandenza, Somberbrero, fiery_valkyrie, Winson_Paine
Somberbrero (1): CapitalistPig, Jedit, Jedit
Winson_Paine (1): Jedit
Meinberg (1): Grandicap
Mr. Maltose (0): fiery_valkyrie, fiery_valkyrie
CapitalistPig (0): Meinberg, Hal Incandenza, Meinberg, Somberbrero, Juanito, Juanito, Somberbrero, Hal Incandenza
MildManeredManikin (0): Somberbrero, CapitalistPig, Somberbrero, CapitalistPig, Somberbrero, Somberbrero

Not Voting (4): Juanito, MildManeredManikin, Mr. Maltose, Winson_Paine

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 05th, 2014 at 7:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Day 1 Has ended. It is now Night 1. Night 1 will last until approximately until Sunday evening, approximately 48 hours from now - or earlier if all actions are in and I have time to post.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

As the new day dawns, everyone reconvenes, eyeing each other warily. Some with suspicions, some with trust. But again, could anyone be really trusted? And then the difference between yesterday and today is clear:

Mr. Maltose, World-Aligned Savvyhead, was killed Night 1!

quote:

If there’s one loving thing you can count on in Apocalypse World, it’s: things break.

You are Leah, World-Aligned Savvyhead. You win when all threats to the World have been eliminated.

Basic Move:
Go Aggro: During the day, you may ##vote.

Savvyhead Moves; you may only act once per night.
Deep Insights: Each night, you may ##augur a player, and identify their Playbook.
Oftener Right: Once at night, you may ##bonefeel a single post, and be told whether or not there is a lie in the post.

You may use Deep Insights Night 0.

It is now Day 2.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (10): CapitalistPig, fiery_valkyrie, Grandicap, Hal Incandenza, Jedit, Juanito, Meinberg, MildManeredManikin, Somberbrero, Winson_Paine

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 09th, 2014 at 11:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 5 hours.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Interesting. The scum have picked off one of Somber's masonry. If we're presuming there's scum in there, the candidates are now him, Grandi, Meinberg and Winson.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:siren: FULL DISCLOSURE: I hosed UP, SOMEONE'S ACTION FAILED LAST NIGHT THAT SHOULD NOT HAVE. THIS HAS ALTERED THE FLOW OF THE GAME AND INFORMATION WAS REVEALED THAT OTHERWISE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN, SO WE'RE JUST ROLLING WITH IT. :siren:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Did Maltose tell the masonry his N0 results?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Did Maltose tell the masonry his N0 results?

He only told us who he targeted.

I dunno guys. I think the idea that there must be a scrum in the biggest masonry is maybe dumb, could be a huge red herring. There's no real reasoning behind it other than that it is statistically a little more probable.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

At least 1 of 5 players in a 13 player game being scum is likely without the masonry part of it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

MildManeredManikin posted:

At least 1 of 5 players in a 13 player game being scum is likely without the masonry part of it.

Hey, why'd you cause us to no-lunch yesterday?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Agreed.

Somber your post reads like you are trying to get us to only scum hunt outside of the masonry. Is that what you meant?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

Hey, why'd you cause us to no-lunch yesterday?

We weren't at -2 before I got to work, I tried to wait as long as I could before I started my shift but I couldn't really prioritize a mafia game.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

A) It's actually 11 players
B) I ran the numbers

If there's 2 scum, then there's a ~27% that no one in the masonry is scum, based on random distribution. If there's three scum, only ~12%. Three scum seems unlikely, but possible. 2 scum and a 3P is more probable.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Meinberg posted:

A) It's actually 11 players
B) I ran the numbers

If there's 2 scum, then there's a ~27% that no one in the masonry is scum, based on random distribution. If there's three scum, only ~12%. Three scum seems unlikely, but possible. 2 scum and a 3P is more probable.

Meinberg I've played enough games with you to know you like this side of things, but for the love of god could you please actually comment on some players/tell us who you think is scum.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Meinberg I've played enough games with you to know you like this side of things, but for the love of god could you please actually comment on some players/tell us who you think is scum.

Jedit is my #1 scum candidate. I don't like the way he was reluctant to share his role's name, and the way he acted like revealing what his role was would exonerate him, in this, a game with mostly randomized alignments. There are a few roles I have in my mind that would be ideal for the set alignments, but the Hocus absolutely isn't one of them.

Which means that I have only his behavior to fall back on, and it just pings my gut as scummy.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Hi idk if this is the time to mention role stuff but I am pretty sure Jedit is clean.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Yo, mason buddies to the mason doc please.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

The members of the masonry were public? I mist have missed that!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

Sure, why not. It's not like anything else is happening. I'm in an unconfirmed mason group with Winson, Grandi, Meinberg, and Maltose. I can't vote any of them today. It should be temporary and it's related to other stuff. I have had pretty good interactions with Meinberg and Grandi and I feel fairly confident they're town. If I had to guess that one player in my group it'd be Winson, based on something he said about how he was planning on exercising as much caution as possible which struck me as odd. Could easily be Maltose though, dude has hardly been around.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Meinberg posted:

Jedit is my #1 scum candidate. I don't like the way he was reluctant to share his role's name, and the way he acted like revealing what his role was would exonerate him, in this, a game with mostly randomized alignments. There are a few roles I have in my mind that would be ideal for the set alignments, but the Hocus absolutely isn't one of them.

Which means that I have only his behavior to fall back on, and it just pings my gut as scummy.

Well, that's complete bullshit, because the Hocus absolutely is a likely candidate for set alignment. The wiki even describes the character by the name of a role that is by definition third party. That role is also impossibly dangerous, which is why I was reluctant to claim; I already explained this. Luckily for you, Foo is not stupid enough to put an investigation-proof Cult Leader with a Night 0 recruit in an 11-player game. It does, however, provide a good distraction for the scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

We have been talking about this in the mason doc at some length, but I think Jedit is unlikely to be scum and unlikely to be a cult as well.
This is an 11 player game, first off, that is not a large enough game to support a cult. On top of that there was a nightkill. Having both a scum team and a cult would be absurd in an 11 player game. It could be over D3 (3 lynches, 2 night kills, 2 recruits = 6 Alive, 3 in the cult) and town could still be "doing well" if they lynch the scum in that scenario.

• Locked thread