Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FROOOOOOOOG
Jan 28, 2009
I'd like to see Minotaur adventurers! Not the ones on the wandering monster tables. Here's one that one of my group prepared earlier:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I'll have to look up what book has robot gorilla power armor. I'm mostly positive it exists, though.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

OB_Juan posted:

I'll have to look up what book has robot gorilla power armor. I'm mostly positive it exists, though.

Back in the first FATAL And Friends thread, there was a game line with something like that, called Feng Shui or some such.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Cyborg Gorilla Power Armor, but close nuff.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Aug 30, 2014

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Cythereal posted:

Back in the first FATAL And Friends thread, there was a game line with something like that, called Feng Shui or some such.
Those are cyborg apes and monkeys.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

OB_Juan posted:

Check out the Karmans from AT-43.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

djw175 posted:

So I'm looking for females with a murder-crazy face. Something like this.

Shut Hell is pretty much the Queen of Crazy Face.

See that pelt on her back? It's the skin of a Mongol wolf god she killed by tearing it's throat out with her teeth.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

7c Nickel posted:

Shut Hell is pretty much the Queen of Crazy Face.

Looks funky, I really like the name if nothing else :haw:

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Ok, I need a few pictures of a grand Elf city, ravaged by the forces of time and nature! Is there anything out there like that?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Anybody got some dudes who look like they go and benchpress trucks in between their scheduled lectures? Equal parts erudite and swole, basically.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Robodog posted:

Ok, I need a few pictures of a grand Elf city, ravaged by the forces of time and nature! Is there anything out there like that?

I don't have a screen cap but the Fell's Five comics had a ruined Faewild city in it at one point, probably what you'd be looking for.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Cythereal posted:

It's an entire faction of anarchist, time traveling cyborg monkeys out to destroy all important architecture and natural formations in order to break the 'tyranny' of good fortune imposed by feng shui.

Also, I need some bro elves. Like, elves who look like they're majoring in communications and keggers. Bonus points if they look like they lift.

treeboy
Nov 13, 2004

James T. Kirk was a great man, but that was another life.

Robodog posted:

Not sure about grand city, but it's not too hard to find sweet forest ruins!

Album link
http://imgur.com/a/vdoOr

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

djw175 posted:

So I'm looking for females with a murder-crazy face. Something like this.

Really I just wanted an excuse to post Bowie Enocraz Yaramund the Swamp Ramba :black101:

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Night10194 posted:

It's an entire faction of anarchist, time traveling cyborg monkeys out to destroy all important architecture and natural formations in order to break the 'tyranny' of good fortune imposed by feng shui.

Also, I need some bro elves. Like, elves who look like they're majoring in communications and keggers. Bonus points if they look like they lift.

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
Have a wizard!

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Finnankainen posted:

Have a wizard!

No sense of right and wrong.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best
Does anyone have gnoll spellcasters that don't look deranged? Or at least no more so than the average wizard?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

homerlaw posted:

Does anyone have gnoll spellcasters that don't look deranged? Or at least no more so than the average wizard?

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

homerlaw posted:

Edit: As in

Harthacnut
Jul 29, 2014

homerlaw posted:

Those are some funky hairless gnolls you got there :mmmhmm:

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I somehow corrected it to not be the weirdo monster type in my head. I blame my cold.

treeboy
Nov 13, 2004

James T. Kirk was a great man, but that was another life.

homerlaw posted:

a couple don't look totally evil...

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012

Robodog posted:

Here's some stuff I found in various states of "ruined" and "city".

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara
Yeah yeah does anyone have some good environment art, I need battlemaps for 13th age so ideally 3/4 view and fairly close in with terrain that's varied enough to make for interesting fights, dungeons are especially good, fields and forests and deserts and ruins too!

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Hi so I posted previously about how Magic: the Gathering has an upcoming set that takes place on a world based heavily on Asian cultures broken into five competing factions warring for dominance and worshiping extinct dragons.

They just put out their first players-guide to the setting, as well as some video on it. Folks seem to find these interesting and they have super cool art so here you go: Planeswalkers Guide to Khans of Tarkir, Part 1

The Abzan Houses:

Dogmen

Orcs

Ancestor spirits

The leader of the Abzan houses

Vulture birdman

The Jeskai Way:

Djinn

More Djinn

A cool bird dude

The leader of the Jeskai Way

Efreet

The Sultai Brood:

Naga

Rakshasa

The leader of the Sultai Brood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIC1M_eKagk&hd=1

Their worldbuilding panel from PAX

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Zorak posted:

Rakshasa

Pshhhhh, that ain't no rakshasa. This is a rakshasa!

I demand more crazy opulent rakshasas you'd find in a Tiger-headed Opium Nightmare.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

MrGreenShirt posted:

Pshhhhh, that ain't no rakshasa. This is a rakshasa!

I demand more crazy opulent rakshasas you'd find in a Tiger-headed Opium Nightmare.

My favorite rakshasa picture ever. Can't find it without the other stuff though.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Peas and Rice posted:

My favorite rakshasa picture ever. Can't find it without the other stuff though.

...No backwards hands?

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Huh, I actually remember my cover having backwards hands, but that's 20 years of memory loving with me. That seems like a huge miss.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse
I'm almost positive the whole "Backwards hands" thing was made up by DnD anyway, so no big loss.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Maybe that's the Web of Illusion!

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Veyrall posted:

I'm almost positive the whole "Backwards hands" thing was made up by DnD anyway, so no big loss.

The 'blessed crossbow quarrel' thing was. Or rather by Kolchak. I tried looking once, but couldn't find any solid leads on the hands. It probably doesn't help that reversed appendages and extremities aren't really rare markers in mythology.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!
According to what I know of Hindu mythology, rakshasa take on human forms, but their inner corruption prevents the forms from ever being perfect, and manifests in a number of ways: backwards hands, mismatched eyes, fanged teeth, so on. My Dad claims he once saw one as a teenager: it was the middle of summer in India, and shade temperatures were 130 degrees. It was hot enough that the entire city basically shut down. My Dad swears he saw a single man walk down the middle of the street in the open sun, not sweating a drop, with backwards feet. :spooky:

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've heard the whole "Rakshasa are vulnerable to piercing" thing is the product of an absurdly overly-literal reading of myth. Anyone know the story on that?

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
Basically the original myth is that one is shot by a blessed arrow, which is why they usually are weak or fatally vulnerable to Arrows and Good. Or just Holy Arrows.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Anyone have any pictures of female time mages? Clockwork stuff welcome. Any race, really--I haven't decided much about her aesthetically yet.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Harrow posted:

Anyone have any pictures of female time mages? Clockwork stuff welcome. Any race, really--I haven't decided much about her aesthetically yet.

From the MtG card Telling Time

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

Does anyone have hobbit/LOTR stuff to look at that was drawn before anyone portrayed the characters in a movie or before D&D warped how anyone draws the fantasy races forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Captain_Indigo posted:

Does anyone have hobbit/LOTR stuff to look at that was drawn before anyone portrayed the characters in a movie or before D&D warped how anyone draws the fantasy races forever.
It's really hard to find anything that isn't just the book covers buried amongst all the modern art and fanart, but...

And just to be a smartass...