Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

DiHK posted:

For shits and giggles I registered the account WTFPGI with a pilot name of USUX.

Someone who can code interweb things should flood their registration with bullshit accounts.

e:nevermind, they would count that as a positive.
A bot that just registers "buttes" or variations thereof and then adds another "buttes" each time until it hits the character limit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
AAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
So all these times they have been loving their customers in the rear end and stealing their money. It's like that other company that hosed Sega in the rear end by taking the money to make Aliens Colonial Marines to fund their own IP. Except instead of a company, PGI hosed Battletech fans.

Now everything makes sense. Like where all the money go to and why PGI doesn't even give a poo poo how broken their game and how their customers are rolling in their own poo poo.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Was thinking about joining you guys for some robit shooting, but no. I am so so so glad I trusted my gut feeling way back during the founders program. Never gave them a cent and PGI couldn't even pay me to play their poo poo at this point.

I'd again like to ask, does anyone have a link to the very first thread back when we still had hope?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Hey, all you motherfuckers who have entertained the thought of giving PGI a chance, let's play the timeline game.

12/2013: Russ explains that MWO has a team of 45 developers, some forced to work double-duty
05/2014: Russ brags about PGI's rash of hiring, citing a 25% growth over a 6 month period
06/2014: PGI anonymously registers a landing page for their new spaceship exploration game
09/2014: Bryan says MWO sustains a team of 35-40 developers, including external contractors

MWO's team size since the end of 2013 has decreased between 11%-22% despite reassurance that it's increased by at least 25%. Either PGI was completely full of poo poo, or only partially full of poo poo, and were funneling staff to their new scifi planetary exploration spaceship game. :allears:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

RangerAce posted:

OMG Holy poo poo...

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/170126-the-reason-for-mwos-paltry-development/

HAHAHA You dipshits that have been giving PGI money, guess where it's been going? The missing year of development... the 2 year CW delay. Holy loving balls, PGI is loving you right up the rear end.

But don't worry, I'm sure PGI will have some GREAT new Founders' packages for this... whatever it is. They've poisoned the well for MWO, so guess they have to move on to browner seas.

I'm now really hating you idiots for making me feel like this was worth reinstalling.

Brutal.roadrunner
Dec 15, 2011

*WHIPCRACK*
I am not shocked at all.
They took an intrinsically flawed game, left in an arbitrary hit location table because dice were the best option at the time. Then they placed it in the most unbalanced timeframe of the series, when the clans arrive. To seal their fate they didnt have a design team with the creativity to build a working system.
Now that they have milked it, I suspect they will lose the license and 'be free' to work on the new game.

RalphyNoPants
Jul 5, 2012
OK. Need some help. Ever since the server migration my ping has about tripled to around 150ms and the drat thing freezes and locks up for no apparent reason, multiple times per game. ALT + TAB can fix it but it is not a viable solution and the game is practically unplayable.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I have checked my drivers. I am out of ideas. Help?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

RalphyNoPants posted:

OK. Need some help. Ever since the server migration my ping has about tripled to around 150ms and the drat thing freezes and locks up for no apparent reason, multiple times per game. ALT + TAB can fix it but it is not a viable solution and the game is practically unplayable.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I have checked my drivers. I am out of ideas. Help?

Don't play.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
I gotta admit though, it's a brilliant business plan. It's scummier than the guys who made Aliens Colonial Marines that I didn't suspect anyone would thought this out.

1. Buy an old, dead IP that has a lot of nostalgia attached to it, for cheap
2. Develop a prototype enough to show "potential"
3. Fleece the fans, who are now adults with jobs and income, promising to develop this "potential"
4. Divert the resources to develop the prototype of the game you have always wanted to develop in the first place
5. Get funds from a bigger audience

As an added bonus, they actually consider their players to be so dumb they couldn't see this happening and that they would continue to support them. The balls it takes to do this is incredible.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
12v12 sucks compared to 8v8. Also, this game is just like anything a nice idea but poorly executed.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

This feels like super Monday Night Combat all over. Don't gently caress us assholes.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Kazvall posted:

This feels like super Monday Night Combat all over. Don't gently caress us assholes.

They aren't a super villain from some cartoon. They already did it 15 minutes months ago.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Holy poo poo this is like Christmas.

Hahaha get hosed Battletech fans. It's fitting that this announcement came like two weeks after goons inexplicably flocked back to this pile of poo poo.

Congratulations! You Won.
Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

I was literally this close to reinstalling but I'm glad I was too lazy to do so.

Ahahahaha jesus loving christ, that explains why so little was being done with the game. Why put effort into someone else's IP when you can make your own?

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Chomp8645 posted:

Hahaha get hosed Battletech fans. It's fitting that this announcement came like two weeks after goons inexplicably flocked back to this pile of poo poo.

Honestly, this is correct and why ppl say dont spend a dime.

Conversely, trolling pubbies who bought clan packs with this information is glorious.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

I had fun shooting at robots tonight's it's some goons. Hopefully I can do it again soon.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Number19, please start stealing poo poo from work before everything implodes. You deserve a new monitor for instance.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

7c Nickel posted:

Number19, please start stealing poo poo from work before everything implodes. You deserve a new monitor for instance.

I get a lot of goons who are worried about my job/future. I'm not worried and everything's fine :)

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Great Beer posted:

They aren't a super villain from some cartoon. They already did it 15 minutes months ago.

They're just sore that Chris Roberts made fun of them a while back.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

Number19 posted:

I get a lot of goons who are worried about my job/future. I'm not worried and everything's fine :)

Are you an MWO employee?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Number19 posted:

Right because you're an employee of a lovely company that lacks integrity and is neglecting the game everyone is paying for in favour of their secret pet project.

Congratulations! You Won.
Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

Who knows, maybe he has another job lined up already :v:

(Yes, yes, N19 has nothing to do with the business side of things, he just keeps the servers running or whatever.)

Honestly this sounds like a terrible idea anyways. A small studio like that is just going to spread itself too thin trying to make a second game while at least pretending to maintain another.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Founders got cucked again news at 11

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Even if MWO and the Spaceship game go under, they've always got some parachute money left over for Rabbit Hole Interactive, right? Founded in 2011 by veteran game developers, Rabbit Hole has signed an exclusive multi-year product deal and is ramping up production. One of these days they might even stop sharing office/conference space and infrastructure with PGI. Number19'll be fine.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Chomp8645 posted:

It is p fuckin hilarious.

They are gonna get showered in rage.

It will be like loathing bukkake.

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Sep 6, 2014

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

And banned by Niko for suggesting the game will not succeed because it can't ride on the popularity of the mechwarrior IP.

Chronojam posted:

They're just sore that Chris Roberts made fun of them a while back.

When did this happen?

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

KyloWinter posted:

Are you an MWO employee?

Yes, I work for Piranha Games.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

What the gently caress did I tell you morons? Stop playing.

Unreal move PGI.

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

So what team did you get put on? Did you get promoted to project manager for SPACE UNIVERSE EXPLOITER or whatever it is, or are you stuck on MWO?

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

RangerAce posted:

So what team did you get put on? Did you get promoted to project manager for SPACE UNIVERSE EXPLOITER or whatever it is, or are you stuck on MWO?

My job role hasn't changed in nearly a decade.

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
You all are going to be sorry when this turns out to be the battletech expansion and we get vees and aerospace back.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Plek posted:

You all are going to be sorry when this turns out to be the battletech expansion and we get vees and aerospace back.

I can't even tell if this is ironic posting or not. There are people on the brown sea that think this is a positive sign for PGI.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Great Beer posted:

When did this happen?

I hazily remember some panel appearance, and at some point he talked about how Star Citizen's an alpha since it's nowhere near feature complete unlike MWO and other games that put out a game that's a 10th of what they promise and call it a beta or even release.

e: A while back he was talking about how Hawken looked a lot better, too.

Chronojam fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Sep 6, 2014

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'm sooooooooo glad I reinstalled :suicide:

Gargoyle
Feb 2, 2014
See I'm always annoyed at bludgeoning all into believe one single opinion and saying it's "freedom of speech"

While I am certainly unhappy. And trust me I am, with community warfare, the reason I purchased a founder pack those years ago, not even being in a basic form yet... Plus aggravating missile systems (Real life missiles like Sidewinders and AMRAAMs, or TOWs would be a great system to go off of while adding 'simulator' complexities...) this game is in no way "complete"

But I also have to look at real things here...

Did PGI go to some hapless, mentally incompetent investor and say "See that Star Citizen thing with 50 million dollars? We can do that better and release a product faster." and got a fully funded game? I doubt it but moronic things have happened before. Tabula Rasa anyone?

Alternatively, again for all we know, some idiot APPROACHED THEM and said "Could you make a better Star Citizen faster?" and then said "Why yes we can!"

We don't know.

We'd like to think we know everything, and have all theories figured out, and all of PGI and it's inner workings under our thumbnail with hashtag justice....

But we don't know poo poo folks. Not a single poo poo at all.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

Number19 posted:

My job role hasn't changed in nearly a decade.

CAn you edit some XML file to jenners better tia

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

KyloWinter posted:

CAn you edit some XML file to jenners better tia

Nope. Well, technically I could but it wouldn't last long and would get me in trouble.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Gargoyle posted:

But we don't know poo poo folks. Not a single poo poo at all.

I know Mechwarrior Online is poo poo, and I wish ill of PGI in this endevour, to put it politely.

That said, lay off #19 guys. Its not his fault.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I know Mechwarrior Online is poo poo, and I wish ill of PGI in this endevour, to put it politely.

That said, lay off #19 guys. Its not his fault.

It's cool. I understand the response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
I've been away for a year then a year before that. How come you couldn't make private lobbies a thing? Weird. Looking at this thread makes me happy about what Valve does.

• Locked thread